Author Topic: 24 Hour "Pub Crawl" World Record  (Read 2510 times)

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 24 Hour "Pub Crawl" World Record
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2021, 10:50:58 am »
Best one I have done is the sub crawl in Glasgow, where you get off at every one of the 15 stops on the Subway and go to a boozer at each one.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2021, 11:14:03 am »
your old sensei? Was that the Chinese lad who ran that security firm? From Liverpool? His sister was gorgeous

Never went to maximes. Went the Krazy house a lot. That was boss. Haha nowt worse than seeing an ex when ya with a new girl ;D

Nah he was the older fella, Dennis Martin - he taught at the Vernon Sangster and Sheil Road. Never saw the sister.

Only did the Krazy House twice, once after seeing Skid Row at the Royal Court. My missus hates rock so she wasn't with me and I went there with mutual friends from when we were together and I stayed at my stepdads house so was out all night. I wouldn't have done anything anyway if she was out.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2021, 12:32:53 pm »
A couple of things.

1. Boredom.  My exams at university finished after 4 days and every other course was still going for a couple of weeks.  So we were hanging around with not much to do for a while.
2. No way I could drink that much alcohol, so it was a bit of a laugh to try it with something I could drink that much of. It wasn’t pleasant though to be honest.

I bet it wasnt
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2021, 12:41:05 pm »
Anyone done the Mumbles Mile? Had a mate at Swansea Uni so we did that once. Think it included a rugby club where probably not all wrongly the locals weren’t that impressed with a regular influx of pissed up student types. Quite a tough crawl for many reasons. :D

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2021, 12:46:41 pm »
been on a train one in west yorkshire, starts around Huddersfield.

really nice traditional pubs but a bit real/craft ale ish for me
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2021, 01:10:35 pm »
You a Fox n Gooser and Stanley’s Kegger are ya Rob?

Remember vividly the first time I went into the Fox, I was only 19, Black Sabbath Paranoid was playing. My mate used to own a hair transplant gaff/wig shop on Lord Street with a flat above, it was right to Gingers, a newsagent/model car shop. We'd go drinking around Southport, normally finish in a club called The Astoria, then back to his flat. Happy days.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2021, 02:32:28 pm »
Remember vividly the first time I went into the Fox, I was only 19, Black Sabbath Paranoid was playing. My mate used to own a hair transplant gaff/wig shop on Lord Street with a flat above, it was right to Gingers, a newsagent/model car shop. We'd go drinking around Southport, normally finish in a club called The Astoria, then back to his flat. Happy days.
The Astoria was the kingsway wasnt it? was always gettin done up or changed around, that place

The fox was boss. All the rock places were to be honest. Saying that used to have a laugh wherever we went whatever music was playing

Haha Strange i Dont know that wig place. Was a postie on lord street either side of 2000. Only one i knew was one on king street run by some little old woman
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 02:35:18 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2021, 02:43:31 pm »

The Astoria was the kingsway wasnt it? was always gettin done up or changed around, that place

The fox was boss. All the rock places were to be honest. Saying that used to have a laugh wherever we went whatever music was playing

Haha Strange i Dont know that wig place. Was a postie on lord street either side of 2000. Only one i knew was one on king street run by some little old woman

Only ever tried to go in the Kingsway once, we were 3 scousers and we all got knocked back as they thought we'd cause trouble!!! Its the little shits from Southport they needed to worry about. Went in it when it was doing rock stuff in 1991, my mates band played there one night.

Did you know Dave Smith the tattoo fella? He started on market street and eventually settled just over Eastbank Street bridge.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2021, 03:30:48 pm »
Only ever tried to go in the Kingsway once, we were 3 scousers and we all got knocked back as they thought we'd cause trouble!!! Its the little shits from Southport they needed to worry about. Went in it when it was doing rock stuff in 1991, my mates band played there one night.

Did you know Dave Smith the tattoo fella? He started on market street and eventually settled just over Eastbank Street bridge.
Only ever went in the kingsway a couple of times myself. Was around 95 i first tried an a lad called Ste Core was on the door an as soon as he heard my voice he kicked off. Threatened to knock fuck outta me cos i was scouse. He remembered me everytime n all. Went once with his cousin who was a mate of a mate (he said ill get you in after i told him about this doorman id had trouble with)and as we tried to get in he spotted me and before i even got close he shouts fuck off. His cousin had a word etc an then he starts slapping him about. Next thing ya know his cousins crying his eyes out. Fucking mad. Wasnt my sorta place anyway. Was a shithole. Hired the underground bit out with a few lads for a bit and used to do new york/ chicago house nights but didnt really take off

Dave Smith ill know if i saw him. All my mates got tats off of him. Was always down market street in hagertys buying footy kits or at the record shop buying vinyl.

Who was ya mates band?  had quite a few mates in bands. Number One Son, Sadako/ graven image. Magpyes(sp?) who later evolved into Video Nasties who are now signed. And Ji was another mates band. Im forgetting a few and i knew tom from gomez but he was a crying tit
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 03:34:49 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2021, 03:43:54 pm »

That wig gaff was right at the top of Lord Street, near the roundabout by the fire station. There was a row of shops opposite Farmfoods, that Gingers model shop, a cafe and then this tiny barbers with my mates gaff above. I'm sure it was called Growth Hair Clinic, he ended up moving to Birkdale.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2021, 03:47:49 pm »
That wig gaff was right at the top of Lord Street, near the roundabout by the fire station. There was a row of shops opposite Farmfoods, that Gingers model shop, a cafe and then this tiny barbers with my mates gaff above. I'm sure it was called Growth Hair Clinic, he ended up moving to Birkdale.
Yeah, i thought thats where you meant, i just cant picture the shop. My mates lived on that block in the flats above the shops. Massive their flats were like,  more towards the offy at the end near the bizzies n fire station. I used to drop my bags off at that shop/ newsagent so its bizarre i dont remember the wig shop haha

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2021, 10:58:03 pm »
What a swizz, especially as he was legging it between boozers after quaffing his thimble of orange juice!

For me, the best pub crawl is the one starting at Peter Kavanagh's and heading back into town, having a swig at The Blackburne, The Belvidere, Cracke, Pilgrim, Roscoe etc, etc.

Agreed, takes some beating that one
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2021, 11:04:55 pm »

Yeah Kingsway became Astoria, then Bliss, and think a few others (including Kingsway again) before burning down.

Spent plenty of nights in there in the very later days of Astoria and more when it was Bliss.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2021, 08:36:49 am »
Yeah Kingsway became Astoria, then Bliss, and think a few others (including Kingsway again) before burning down.

Spent plenty of nights in there in the very later days of Astoria and more when it was Bliss.
Oh yeah, bliss n all. I worked over the road in a couple of places. Was forever getting name changes around there. Same owners re-doin the same places then getting dean gafney to open it ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2021, 09:04:46 am »
Is this the Southport thread? I was looking for the Stoke thread but can’t remember what that’s called these days!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2021, 10:13:19 am »
I mean even if he was blimming hashish between pubs

Just any sign of intoxication

ANYTHING

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2021, 09:47:39 am »
The bare minimum I would accept for it to count as a pub crawl is either a half-pint/330ml bottle or a short in each one.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2021, 12:30:46 pm »
The bare minimum I would accept for it to count as a pub crawl is either a half-pint/330ml bottle or a short in each one.

Exactly.

I can drink 20 bottles of Asahi (330ml @ 5%) in about 18 hours. I must admit I am at home when I do this so not sure how the fresh air and moving around would work.

But a pub crawl has to be drinking something alcoholic or what’s the point
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 12:36:24 pm by gjr1 »
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.