Author Topic: 24 Hour "Pub Crawl" World Record  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
24 Hour "Pub Crawl" World Record
« on: October 12, 2021, 04:16:01 pm »
OK, first things first a pub crawl is alcohol only

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-58861985#:~:text=A%20man%20with%20a%20passion,lay%20claim%20to%20the%20title.

A man with a passion for pubs hopes he has set a new world record for visiting as many as possible in 24 hours.

Matt Ellis, of St Neots, Cambridgeshire, propped up 51 bars to be the first to lay claim to the title.

His pub crawl started on Sunday in Cambridge's The Regal and ended at The Weeping Ash in St Neots on Monday and aimed to raise awareness of the sector's plight during the pandemic.

"It was all about the joy of pubs and the people you meet," he said.

"Pubs over the last 18 months have had a very difficult time.

"I am a big fan of pubs - the contribution they make to our society and the camaraderie you can enjoy in them."

Under Guinness World Records rules, Mr Ellis, who runs a wine merchant's in St Neots, had to consume 125ml of any drink at each stop, visit a minimum of 50 pubs, be monitored by witnesses and get verification from pub staff.

"I then had to run to the next pub - it was probably the most difficult thing I've done in my life," added Mr Ellis, who largely limited himself to orange juice and diet cola.

"There's only so much drink you can get into your body."

Some of the "surreal" sights that kept him going were "old men doing the Macarena" and an elderly DJ "having a whale of a time" at two community pubs.

The attempt is due to be verified by Guinness World Records, which confirmed it had received Mr Ellis's paperwork.

It said there was no current holder of most pubs visited by an individual in 24 hours, but that 13 people managed to drink at 250 bars in New York in 24 hours to set the team record in September 2011.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: 24 Hour "Pub Crawl" World Record
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 04:19:03 pm »
OK, first things first a pub crawl is alcohol only

Agreed, that's not a pub crawl which he did.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 04:20:39 pm »
Yeah 125ml of soft drinks?

If thats the rules then 51 pubs doesn't seem that impressive.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 04:22:28 pm »
Wouldn't mind, the fucking thing is sponsored by Guinness

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 04:23:22 pm »
Shithouse

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 04:34:37 pm »
Soft drinks?? Fucking fanny. Even drinking halves, that's only 25 pints in 24 hours, I've done that many in under 12 hours.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 04:36:17 pm »
Soft drinks?? Fucking fanny. Even drinking halves, that's only 25 pints in 24 hours, I've done that many in under 12 hours.

Aye up, William Hague’s in the house.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 04:38:23 pm »

The rules say 125ml, so that's potentially just 6.375 litres - or just over 11 pints -  of non-alcholic fluids, in 24 hours.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 05:00:12 pm »
I once drank 13 pints of Diet Coke in an evening….

Never again…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2021, 05:36:06 pm »
Some goin that. Surprised he’s not dead

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 05:50:35 pm »
Some goin that. Surprised he’s not dead

Tepid? We live in hope. 😉

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2021, 05:52:14 pm »
Tepid? We live in hope. 😉
Harsh….

But fair.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2021, 05:59:52 pm »
Aye up, William Hague’s in the house.

Worked in the kitchen of the Royal Clifton Hotel in Southport when I was 20/21, we used to start drinking at 8am, just a bunch of pissed up idiots ;D

The rules say 125ml, so that's potentially just 6.375 litres - or just over 11 pints -  of non-alcholic fluids, in 24 hours.

Pah
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2021, 06:02:13 pm »
Winner of the 2015-2016 International Wine Challenge
“Regional Merchant of the Year for Eastern England”

Shortlisted for the 2016 Grocer Gold Awards
“UK Drinks Retailer of the Year”

Finalist for the 2014 Drinks Retailing Awards
“UK Independent Drinks Retailer of the Year”

Finalist for the 2013 Harpers Awards
“Best Top Merchant of the Year up to 3 Stores”

Shortlisted for the 2012, 2013 & 2014 International Wine Challenge
“Regional Merchant of the Year for Eastern England”

Nominated for the 2013 & 2014 IWSC
“Independent Retailer Award”

Runner-Up for the 2010 Drinks Retailing Awards
“UK Independent Wine Retailer of the Year”

Why would someone who pushes a business with these awards displayed LOUD & PROUD on social media, want their name in the press associated with something prestigious i wonder?

Or a better question

Why would a man whose trade is alcohol, avoid it yet make the news using it?

.....At least the proceeds will go to charity. Wait, what? There's no proceeds and no charity? So this was a vain, sober, waste of everyone's time

YOU'RE NOT COMIN ON MY PUBCRAWL, MARKETEER. YOU'D BE DISQUALIFIED FOR NOT SWIGGING A TIN BEFORE LEAVING THE HOUSE

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2021, 09:23:57 pm »
A real pub goes like this, weeks of meticulous  planning..routes..pubs....agreeing minimum drink , 1 pint and time scales....then get to third pub and say fuck it! and stay there all night.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2021, 09:27:16 pm »
A real pub goes like this, weeks of meticulous  planning..routes..pubs....agreeing minimum drink , 1 pint and time scales....then get to third pub and say fuck it! and stay there all night.

I once tried to do the Otley Run with a group of mates and this is almost exactly how it went, although think we got 5 pubs in, got settled into watching the footy and fucked it off  ;D

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2021, 11:30:18 pm »
That's not a pub crawl.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2021, 09:27:06 am »
That's not a pub crawl.

Cant be too many cities where you could achieve 50 pubs in 24 hours.

And is asking for 125ml of lager allowable?  Whats that a pint for every 4 pubs visited.......seems emminently doable......

And not many pubs open at 5am, is there?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2021, 09:33:48 am »
I mean I'd accept it if he was at least on drugs.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2021, 11:37:15 am »
Echo what most others said, that's not a pub crawl.

Really not impressive doing it with only soft drinks. Seems like one of those world records that has only been achieved because no one else has actually tried.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2021, 12:30:02 pm »
Echo what most others said, that's not a pub crawl.

Really not impressive doing it with only soft drinks. Seems like one of those world records that has only been achieved because no one else has actually tried.

My 13 yr old could do the same, its no achievement at all, unless the record is going in 51 pubs and NOT having a drink containing alcohol, now that's an achievement very few could manage ;D

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2021, 12:43:28 pm »
One of you lot should put ya money where ya mouth is.

If anything you’ll get ya name in the record books, and meet Norris McWhirter and Roy Castle. Then, after all that I’ll get a thread going on here to applaud your achievement before everyone wades in and calls you a c*nt for being a fanny

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2021, 12:53:59 pm »

Never again…

I really want to know the circumstances in which this happened.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2021, 01:58:54 pm »
One of you lot should put ya money where ya mouth is.

If anything you’ll get ya name in the record books, and meet Norris McWhirter and Roy Castle. Then, after all that I’ll get a thread going on here to applaud your achievement before everyone wades in and calls you a c*nt for being a fanny

Do you have to drink so much you die?  :o

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2021, 02:31:17 pm »
Fucks sake, thats barely more than the Dun Cow Challenge at Durham

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2021, 04:29:34 pm »
Do you have to drink so much you die?  :o
You are Jar Jar Binks and i claim my £5

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2021, 04:34:38 pm »
You are Jar Jar Binks and i claim my £5

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2021, 06:32:45 pm »
I mean if he had a vape pen for cheeky tokes along the way or was foofing nuggets of ket

Anything. What makes this more than a wine shop owner trying to drum up publicity?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2021, 07:27:18 pm »
I really want to know the circumstances in which this happened.

A couple of things.

1. Boredom.  My exams at university finished after 4 days and every other course was still going for a couple of weeks.  So we were hanging around with not much to do for a while.
2. No way I could drink that much alcohol, so it was a bit of a laugh to try it with something I could drink that much of. It wasn’t pleasant though to be honest.
W

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2021, 11:37:09 pm »
Shite record. You could break that drinking alcohol and still get 8 hours kip.
With performance enhancing drugs the skys the limit. Do they test the athletes? ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2021, 01:23:59 am »

Never again…
Did ya lose any weight?

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2021, 09:13:50 am »
What a swizz, especially as he was legging it between boozers after quaffing his thimble of orange juice!

For me, the best pub crawl is the one starting at Peter Kavanagh's and heading back into town, having a swig at The Blackburne, The Belvidere, Cracke, Pilgrim, Roscoe etc, etc.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2021, 09:23:38 am »
What a swizz, especially as he was legging it between boozers after quaffing his thimble of orange juice!

For me, the best pub crawl is the one starting at Peter Kavanagh's and heading back into town, having a swig at The Blackburne, The Belvidere, Cracke, Pilgrim, Roscoe etc, etc.

Best/worst I've done was when my stepdad and his best mate Dave took me out around Southport for my 21st with my best mate and our kid. They were buying us halves, so us soft bastards were necking them, with the inevitable results. At one point about 5 hours in there were 5 Bacardi and cokes on the bar in front of me, my mate digs me that I'm drinking slow, so I necked the lot one after the other, they were fucking trebles. That was me done for the night ;D  Our kid my mate and Dave went for an Indian and then they crashed at Daves flat, whereupon our kid pukes in the bog, flushes it and it goes to the top, so my mate flushes it again to clear the blockage and floods the downstairs flat :lmao

My ma woke me at half 7 to check I was still alive and because I had work at 10......

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2021, 09:52:44 am »
Best/worst I've done was when my stepdad and his best mate Dave took me out around Southport for my 21st with my best mate and our kid. They were buying us halves, so us soft bastards were necking them, with the inevitable results. At one point about 5 hours in there were 5 Bacardi and cokes on the bar in front of me, my mate digs me that I'm drinking slow, so I necked the lot one after the other, they were fucking trebles. That was me done for the night ;D  Our kid my mate and Dave went for an Indian and then they crashed at Daves flat, whereupon our kid pukes in the bog, flushes it and it goes to the top, so my mate flushes it again to clear the blockage and floods the downstairs flat :lmao

My ma woke me at half 7 to check I was still alive and because I had work at 10......
You a Fox n Gooser and Stanley’s Kegger are ya Rob?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2021, 09:58:14 am »
You a Fox n Gooser and Stanley’s Kegger are ya Rob?

Fox, Keg, Floral Hall, Academy and Manhattans. Used to drink in the Satans Slaves place Raffles too 

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2021, 10:00:32 am »
Fox, Keg, Floral Hall, Academy and Manhattans. Used to drink in the Satans Slaves place Raffles too 
haha boss. all of em were ace. Loved manhattans when it was a rock night. It was good as a rave venue n all. Never went the floral for the rock nights. Little brother used to go. Heard it was ace. Used to go all cept the floral

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2021, 10:18:24 am »
My old Sensei did the doors at Manhattans so we used to get in for free. Floral was ace when Phil Easton was doing it but eventually went stale, but Manhattans then took over so all good. Actually went back to the Floral about 6 years ago, great to catch up with people I'd not seen for years, so hadn't changed in 25 years. Think my missus was happy my ex wasn't there.

Used to also go to Maximes in Wigan on a Friday.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2021, 10:30:24 am »
A couple of mates at Uni did a 3-legged pub crawl around Aston Uni campus.  8 pubs, pint in each for both participants.  45mins later they came charging into the Student Guild all finished

"Alright Paul?" I said

"Not bad mate" - he promptly went to the nearest bin and spewed pure liquid whilst my other mate was ordering their victory pints at the bar, both still tethered.

I think the next couple came in 15 minutes later

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2021, 10:41:00 am »
My old Sensei did the doors at Manhattans so we used to get in for free. Floral was ace when Phil Easton was doing it but eventually went stale, but Manhattans then took over so all good. Actually went back to the Floral about 6 years ago, great to catch up with people I'd not seen for years, so hadn't changed in 25 years. Think my missus was happy my ex wasn't there.

Used to also go to Maximes in Wigan on a Friday.
your old sensei? Was that the Chinese lad who ran that security firm? From Liverpool? His sister was gorgeous

Never went to maximes. Went the Krazy house a lot. That was boss. Haha nowt worse than seeing an ex when ya with a new girl ;D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:46:00 am by Capon Debaser »