Drinks Sangria
9 (27.3%)
Poetry in Motion VS
6 (18.2%)
Fucking Appalled
11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: September 4, 2021, 07:40:37 am

Author Topic: Legendary Manager Semi finals  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Legendary Manager Semi finals
« on: September 3, 2021, 07:40:37 am »
Sarge - Jose Mourinho

VS

Drinks Sangria - Kenny Dalglish

===================================

Poetry In Motion - Rinus Michels

VS

Fucking appalled - Giovanni Trappatoni

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Legendary Manager Semi finals
« Reply #1 on: September 3, 2021, 07:48:37 am »
Sarge and Lobo.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2 on: September 3, 2021, 08:01:27 am »
Ditto
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3 on: September 3, 2021, 08:45:14 am »
I don’t massively rate Sarge’s defence, but the midfield and attack are awesome.

Had to go Lobo, as a confirmed Italophile, but PIM’s team is great.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4 on: September 3, 2021, 09:13:18 am »
Probably the four best teams from the start I'd say

Went for DS in the first, just. Very close.

Obviously went for myself in the second. Again pretty close, just think my formation deals with that quite well and I've got all timers in every position.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: September 3, 2021, 09:35:46 am »

Obviously went for myself in the second. Again pretty close, just think my formation deals with that quite well and I've got all timers in every position.

Yep. I wanted to go for DS as well, in the end just decided it might be a draw.

As for our game, it's very very close, I think. Your team is good for the typical Italian style of football, where you sit back in shape and counter, but unlike other teams facing you, my attack has an element of unpredictability in terms of flexible positioning that can test your defense. And since your side is more defensive, my side is capable of taking the initiative, keeping the ball and winning the ball quickly, so it will be dependent on the moments you get to go forward and how well my team defends those moments. But then, my team defends from the front, so the burden is spread out throughout the side. I think I edge it, but it's very close and I'm happy either way as I'm facing a very good side here.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6 on: September 3, 2021, 09:53:39 am »
Went for DS in game 1. Sarge put a great attack together, but I feel his full back picks let him down quite a bit. Also not particularly digging a Makelele + Fabinho midfield combo. Feels like they do almost the exact same job in there.

Lobo takes it in game 2 for me. I like PIM's side (didn't have time yesterday to confess I'd have voted for it over mine were I impartial), but I think Lobo's side does a classic Italian job on the Dutch. Just like West Germany shut out Cruyff & co in 74, history would repeat itself here. Scirea-Gentile-Passarella is just too good a back 3. Even with the magic of Cruyff and Bergkamp to call on. If only they could have had Van Basten up top! Then you've got Matthaus and Tardelli in midefield, which is just nasty.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 3, 2021, 10:10:07 am »
Sarge and Lobo.

Ditto

I don’t massively rate Sarge’s defence, but the midfield and attack are awesome.

Had to go Lobo, as a confirmed Italophile, but PIM’s team is great.

Went for DS in game 1. Sarge put a great attack together, but I feel his full back picks let him down quite a bit. Also not particularly digging a Makelele + Fabinho midfield combo. Feels like they do almost the exact same job in there.

Lobo takes it in game 2 for me. I like PIM's side (didn't have time yesterday to confess I'd have voted for it over mine were I impartial), but I think Lobo's side does a classic Italian job on the Dutch. Just like West Germany shut out Cruyff & co in 74, history would repeat itself here. Scirea-Gentile-Passarella is just too good a back 3. Even with the magic of Cruyff and Bergkamp to call on. If only they could have had Van Basten up top! Then you've got Matthaus and Tardelli in midefield, which is just nasty.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #8 on: September 3, 2021, 02:30:38 pm »
Imagine if he had got Best too….
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 3, 2021, 02:39:54 pm »
My votes can be bought.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 3, 2021, 02:41:34 pm »
Imagine if he had got Best too….

I feel bad for vouching for that pick now, the shit.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #11 on: September 3, 2021, 03:03:05 pm »
Sarge and Lobo
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 3, 2021, 03:05:52 pm »
DS and FA, for me. All 4 are great teams though. Well done all.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 3, 2021, 03:52:11 pm »
DS in the first game, fullbacks are the key in that one and a midfield of Henderson, Molby and Gerrard has a little bit of almost everything 

Lobo in the second, all round great team and that's no reflection on PiM's team, which is very good as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 3, 2021, 04:05:40 pm »
Sarge and Lobo

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #15 on: September 3, 2021, 09:25:22 pm »
Went with Sergio and Pimp.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #16 on: September 3, 2021, 11:29:23 pm »

Went for him because mine scares you ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #17 on: September 3, 2021, 11:30:50 pm »
I'm only behind because og the LFC connection, truth be known we all know what the final shou,d be and its me loosing in it.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #18 on: September 3, 2021, 11:31:33 pm »
PIM is the 4th best team in this to be honest.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 3, 2021, 11:56:12 pm »
PIM is the 4th best team in this to be honest.

Yeah, Lobo got a bye more or less...

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #20 on: September 4, 2021, 12:16:50 am »
Yeah, Lobo got a bye more or less...

Ahh his team is possibly the best i've ever seen in a draft.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 4, 2021, 12:26:55 am »
Ahh his team is possibly the best i've ever seen in a draft.

Fucking hell, Sarge, don't tell the blert that. Yours is better anyway. Miles better

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 4, 2021, 08:16:39 am »
Unlucky PIM and Sarge, both really good teams

And unlucky Bobby.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 4, 2021, 08:47:19 am »
Unlucky PIM and Sarge, both really good teams

And unlucky Bobby.

I know. I made a late rally. Thanks for voting for me, mate. Now Sarge is gone, I hope you win it as you managed to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat there seeing you were given probably the worst manager in the draft. Amazing drafting

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 4, 2021, 08:51:32 am »
I know. I made a late rally. Thanks for voting for me, mate. Now Sarge is gone, I hope you win it as you managed to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat there seeing you were given probably the worst manager in the draft. Amazing drafting

I didn’t…but I don’t go full shithouse and lie about it ;) I’m sure that’s something you’ll grow out of with age though….

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 4, 2021, 08:56:18 am »
I didn’t…but I don’t go full shithouse and lie about it ;) I’m sure that’s something you’ll grow out of with age though….

Lie about what?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 4, 2021, 09:14:24 am »

Explain yourself, gobshite. Lie about what?