Author Topic: Pre-Season Thread  (Read 431868 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Pre-Season 2021/22 Thread
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2021, 01:51:04 pm »
Yeh if yer a wuss. Down our way we'd buy our Beano and cycle home reading it, finish by the time we got back and sell it to the speccy kid next door.

Walter?

Salah's shoulders are ridiculous.

Looks like He-Man.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2021, 02:04:27 pm »
I can see Virgils helmet in that picture

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2021, 02:13:30 pm »
I'm a bit worried none of them have done up the chinstraps. The helmet must be useles without them.
Also is that Ox getting brushed aside by konate? He's going to be injured by the first game if he's not careful.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2021, 02:13:31 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2021, 02:15:08 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2021, 02:28:57 pm »
are you not entertained?

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2021, 02:28:59 pm »
I’m 54 and rode a bike for the 1st time in 35 years the other week. They say you never forget how to do it but that’s bollocks. I fell off arse over tit on the road.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2021, 02:48:00 pm »
I’m 54 and rode a bike for the 1st time in 35 years the other week. They say you never forget how to do it but that’s bollocks. I fell off arse over tit on the road.

Did you protect your helmet?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2021, 02:51:30 pm »
Also is that Ox getting brushed aside by konate? He's going to be injured by the first game if he's not careful.

It's Tsimikas.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2021, 03:21:58 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2021, 03:28:27 pm »
Trent will join in team training from tomorrow, Pep Lijnders confirmed.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2021, 03:49:04 pm »
Just been looking at the new photos on the official - I think Milner is the only player sensible enough to do his crash helmet up! ;D

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/437888-photos-reds-cycle-to-training-in-austria-on-wednesday
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2021, 03:54:07 pm »
Just been looking at the new photos on the official - I think Milner is the only player sensible enough to do his crash helmet up! ;D

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/437888-photos-reds-cycle-to-training-in-austria-on-wednesday

Who's number 36 in those pics?  Sure it's someone I should recognise.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2021, 03:55:01 pm »
Who's number 36 in those pics?  Sure it's someone I should recognise.

Looks like Pitaluga, who shares Milner's safety first attitude!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2021, 03:55:14 pm »
Looks like Pitaluga, who shares Milner's safety first attitude!

Ta.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2021, 03:56:10 pm »
Salah's shoulders are ridiculous.

due to his vegan diet i guess. since he hardly does weights ;D

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2021, 05:01:23 pm »
Didn't realise they were out in Austria for a month. Pretty intense but feel like it will be much better call that flying here there and everywhere to play friendlies and then running into all sorts of restrictions, bubbles and quarantine issues.

Does make me feel like we aren't going to sign many players. Maybe two more senior guys absolutely maximum.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2021, 05:36:42 pm »
Didn't realise they were out in Austria for a month. Pretty intense but feel like it will be much better call that flying here there and everywhere to play friendlies and then running into all sorts of restrictions, bubbles and quarantine issues.

Does make me feel like we aren't going to sign many players. Maybe two more senior guys absolutely maximum.

so that’d be 3 total? Is anyone actually expecting more? 

The month camp is for sure a covid thing of course. Usually it’d be a couple weeks. But this way makes it far easier, and for starters allowed a lot of players (and the manager and his coaches/trainers) to go straight there rather than have to go to the UK then back out again.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2021, 06:02:00 pm »

Not sure why it makes any difference to if we sign anyone or not. Presumably the process would be the same.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2021, 06:51:36 pm »
Not sure why it makes any difference to if we sign anyone or not. Presumably the process would be the same.
Probably makes it easier, no need to have to deal with issues entering the UK, get the medical out of the way in Austria and then join the squad at the camp.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2021, 07:05:10 pm »

Imagine Klopp will love having so much concentrated time without any commercial interruptions. He has said before how important it is and to be fair we didn't really have it at all last season.
It may well be easier to integrate signings as well. Too be fair, maybe even Minamino and Tsimiakos seeing as the pandemic wrecked that for them.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2021, 07:37:19 pm »
Imagine Klopp will love having so much concentrated time without any commercial interruptions. He has said before how important it is and to be fair we didn't really have it at all last season.
It may well be easier to integrate signings as well. Too be fair, maybe even Minamino and Tsimiakos seeing as the pandemic wrecked that for them.

Yeah, could really benefit them. Minamino could be an interesting one, although he could be the new Aquilani. Look good every pre-season before being loaned out again.

Minamino has had it tough since he signed though. Turns up at a mega club, in a foreign country and language to him, just as the pandemic kicks off. This is his chance to impress Jurgen and get back in his plans.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2021, 07:40:10 pm »
Seeing all the lads made me smile way more than I thought. So good to see van Dijk, Gomez, Matip all fit and healthy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPNZcdA45FY
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 07:42:00 pm by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2021, 07:41:44 pm »
Yeah, could really benefit them. Minamino could be an interesting one, although he could be the new Aquilani. Look good every pre-season before being loaned out again.

Minamino has had it tough since he signed though. Turns up at a mega club, in a foreign country and language to him, just as the pandemic kicks off. This is his chance to impress Jurgen and get back in his plans.

I don’t think he is good enough. He will get an opportunity but I wonder how long someone mentions how he will be a option for us in the proper season. I just hope Southampton come back in for him, albeit their fans are not keen.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2021, 08:31:46 pm »
Seeing all the lads made me smile way more than I thought. So good to see van Dijk, Gomez, Matip all fit and healthy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPNZcdA45FY

Repeated from the other thread... 8:33, wicked, naughty, inside-roll nutmeg by Virge on Joe... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #225 on: July 14, 2021, 08:47:04 pm »

It would be great if the club could get their main targets in as well over the next fortnight so they can really get to grips with how we play and get their fitness levels in the right place.
That said, the club will probably have to balance that with maybe waiting to later in the window to get the best prices.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: July 14, 2021, 10:08:38 pm »
Unless a substantial offer arrives this summer, I doubt that Minamino will be going anywhere until January ...

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #227 on: July 14, 2021, 10:27:49 pm »

You obviously didnt see Triple Frontier! No way a helicopter can get the Mbappe money over those mountains.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2021, 04:02:15 am »

;D

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2021, 05:18:15 am »
Also I need to see a pic of Davies next to all the other cbs.  Only one under 6'2".

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #230 on: July 15, 2021, 08:06:32 am »
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #231 on: July 15, 2021, 11:37:16 am »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 15, 2021, 12:28:06 pm »
Day 4 of pre season has begun. Trent's first day back doing team training.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2021, 01:07:21 pm »
Day 4 of pre season has begun. Trent's first day back doing team training.

Must have been delayed getting rid of that shit off-season haircut he had.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #234 on: July 15, 2021, 01:46:31 pm »
Matip is a character, hope he can keep consistently fit
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: July 15, 2021, 01:56:24 pm »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: July 15, 2021, 02:07:33 pm »
Awoniyi is an absolute unit like Konate isn't he?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: July 15, 2021, 02:58:03 pm »
Pitch preparation is getting underway at Anfield.  :D

Online pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #238 on: July 15, 2021, 03:26:08 pm »
Pitch preparation is getting underway at Anfield.  :D

stunning view. Be good to see this compared once the new Annie Road development is finished.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: July 15, 2021, 04:16:51 pm »
Awoniyi is an absolute unit like Konate isn't he?

Warner Wolf was just remarking he can’t get over the SIZE of this Nigerian!
You'll Never Walk Alone