Author Topic: Had the Vaccine?...  (Read 73592 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Had the Vaccine?...
« Reply #800 on: October 9, 2021, 01:08:40 pm »
ahhhh tested positive for the swab test

isolation mode on...  double jabbed so expecting what I have now, which is run down crappy feeling like a bad cold, but wheee

Edit : feel terrible! Oh well. The things I do to justify moaning about man flu

next Day Edit: I'm nostalgic for how I felt last night.. woahhhhhhhhh. there's some psychological aspect to this. Waves of confusion
Hope you're doing ok mate, and hope it starts to turn and you feel better soon

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #801 on: October 9, 2021, 01:40:13 pm »
Take care of yourself, Tone.

Sorry to hear you've succumbed to this nasty little bugger, but hope you are feeling better quite soon. All the best for a quick and full recovery.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #802 on: October 10, 2021, 07:32:22 am »
This is exactly what’s been happening to me; pro mtb rider in the US.

https://youtu.be/aebtcTi7EaA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #803 on: October 11, 2021, 02:58:28 pm »
aww thanks

it has been horrible. My dad has dementia and has it too BUT he isn't suffering! I'm exhausted, he keeps forgetting he has it and trying to go out... doctor is getting me some antipsych meds

I'm on the mend. My temperature went high friday and saturday. Had that classic "sick" feeling.. yknow, when you feel like glass all through the middle and moving aches.

Cough is a bastard. Getting less frequent. Almost there, just need sleep and paracetomal is my new lover

thanks for the kind words!

And a MASSIVE lesson: I'm double jabbed, so is he AND I'm flu jabbed (though this ain't flu)

Don't relax yet. I didn't even leave the house - my dad saw my little niece which is how we got it - and it's so, so transmissable and bad even if you're jabbed up

I'm 1000000% getting that booster and any more that come along. I am just glad I am vaccinated.

Anyone who thinks this virus is a hoax needs sectioned

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: October 14, 2021, 03:24:38 pm »
Had my booster yesterday. It's a bit of a rough one. I was fine after my initial two but wiped out today. Still...my immunity will be through the roof.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #805 on: October 14, 2021, 06:59:03 pm »
aww thanks

it has been horrible...

How are you doing now, Tone? I hope you are on the mend.  :thumbup
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: October 14, 2021, 08:03:52 pm »
There was a young lad in the shop today who sneezed twice while I was standing right beside him. He wasn't wearing a mask. After the 2nd sneeze I lost it and snapped at him 'fucking hell lad, put a fucking mask on will ya?'

I apologised to him for snapping at him on the way out, as I felt a bit bad. I'm doubled jabbed since June, but still feel a bit edgy in shops and that. Will deffo be taking the booster as soon as I can. I'm 50 and fairly healthy, but having smoked for 30 years (quit 5 years ago but still vape), my lungs could well do without a dose of covid.

Here in Ireland they're talking about dropping mask restrictions in pubs and shops in the next couple of weeks. Young people are made up, but it's gonna be dicey through the winter. Thankfully the vax rate is quite high here, but I don't think I'd feel relaxed in a busy pub for a good while yet.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 08:06:18 pm by kennedy81 »

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #807 on: October 22, 2021, 10:41:46 am »
John Campbell interviews Kyle about his vaccine reaction

https://youtu.be/H7inaTiDKaU

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: October 24, 2021, 11:17:36 am »
As one of the ladies I work with pointed out, there is a higher risk of a reaction to the female contraceptive pill than the covid-19 vaccine, yet nobody talks about this.

A good article on the risk of vaccines is below.
https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/05/06/putting-risks-into-context-covid-19-vaccines-and-blood-clots/
Justice for the 96!

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #809 on: October 27, 2021, 03:36:50 pm »
Booked my booster today and am somehow having it before my parents who are 77 and 71, despite the fact they had their first two jabs before me.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: November 2, 2021, 11:54:48 am »
Had my booster yesterday and my flu jab at the same time.  Feel ridiculously washed out today, it’s worth it though.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: November 2, 2021, 04:12:20 pm »
Had my flu jab a couple of weeks ago, I get it free on the NHS anyway and got it done at a local chemist as it was quicker than the GP. Stepdad gets his Covid booster this Thursday, mine is due anytime from the 22nd as that is roughly when my 6 months is up.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #812 on: November 3, 2021, 05:34:56 pm »
My 13 year old has had her first Vaccine jab

:thumbup
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #813 on: November 3, 2021, 05:37:29 pm »
My 13 year old has had her first Vaccine jab

:thumbup

My 13 year old grandson had his last week. The 15 year old was due his a couple of weeks ago but, together with 9 of his classmates, he came down with Covid so it's been delayed.

Just waiting to book my booster, Mrs P has hers next Wednesday.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: November 3, 2021, 11:20:09 pm »
So my 15 year old has decided he wants to get the vaccine. Was sent home with a form to get me and/or his mum to sign to get vaccinated in school. Yesterday he went to her house after school, and she made him hand over the form before coming to my house.

I've said before she's a conspiracy theorist c*nt. She thinks it's all a hoax and we're all sheep etc etc. Had conversations with her this evening about it which involved her telling me to drop dead. Tried to get sources from her for everything she said and of course she didn't provide any that wasn't Instagram. Anything I said was basically responded to with an insult or telling me to fuck off.

So it went well  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: November 27, 2021, 12:05:45 am »
Just had the Moderna booster
So that’s 3 doses 👍

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: November 27, 2021, 09:43:43 am »
13 yr old had his first jab last week and we've both had our Moderna boosters. Just the 11yr old to get done when he's old enough.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #817 on: November 27, 2021, 11:12:10 am »
Booster for me and missus booked for Saturday 4 December
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: November 27, 2021, 11:44:38 am »
Booster for me and missus booked for Saturday 4 December

Is the 6 month mark the point where you can get the booster, or the point where you can book to get the booster?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: November 27, 2021, 12:06:16 pm »
Is the 6 month mark the point where you can get the booster, or the point where you can book to get the booster?

182 days (6 months) from the 2nd jab is when you can have the booster, 152 days (5 months) is the date from which you can book
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 12:09:16 pm by rob1966 »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #820 on: November 27, 2021, 12:47:39 pm »
182 days (6 months) from the 2nd jab is when you can have the booster, 152 days (5 months) is the date from which you can book

The odd place near me is offering walk in boosters. Would you still have to wait the full 6 months before you can have those? Wouldn’t mind bringing mine forward a couple of weeks.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: November 27, 2021, 01:11:25 pm »
The odd place near me is offering walk in boosters. Would you still have to wait the full 6 months before you can have those? Wouldn’t mind bringing mine forward a couple of weeks.

Yes. It was reported in the covid thread that people were turning up a few days early for booked appointments and being turned away. You'd "expect" the system to reject you when they tried to enter your details. Its certainly how I would have coded it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #822 on: November 27, 2021, 01:19:48 pm »
I will have to wait about 28 days before re-booking for a booster though I do wonder if I can risk waiting a bit longer. But I will see how the bookings are going.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: November 27, 2021, 01:49:44 pm »
Wanted to get mine as we are traveling back to the uk for Christmas. And it’s the right thing to do. Worlds forever changed, just doing my small bit.

Not had a reaction this time for anyone wondering. Mild headache but I’ve always got a fucking headache 🤦‍♂️

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: November 27, 2021, 04:02:30 pm »
I will have to wait about 28 days before re-booking for a booster though I do wonder if I can risk waiting a bit longer. But I will see how the bookings are going.

Mate in the same boat as you - he tested positive the same day he was due for his booster and he's not sure if having just had it whether he should now wait or not.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #825 on: November 27, 2021, 10:40:42 pm »
Have had my booster yesterday. It was Pfizer again after I had already gotten my first doses of Pfizer. Would have liked Moderna for the third shot, but they didn't have that for yesterday's appointments. Don't really care though. Again no issues for me afterwards except a sore arm and feeling a bit rough last night. My mom had two doses AZ earlier in the year and now Pfizer for the booster. Spoke with her on the phone and she said that her arm really hurt last night but other than that she didn't have any issues either. Now if only some more people decided to get vaccinated...

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: December 2, 2021, 12:23:56 pm »
Had a Pfizer booster this morning to go along with my 2 x Astrazeneca that I had earlier this year. Feeling extra protected over Christmas now.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: December 3, 2021, 10:58:39 am »
Do they contact you for a booster or do I have to work out the dates and book on the website?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #828 on: December 3, 2021, 11:00:44 am »
Do they contact you for a booster or do I have to work out the dates and book on the website?

The current advice is to wait.

I'm 41 and was able to log on and book six months after my last dose via the NHS website. As it happens that's in about two weeks so will see if they contact me before then

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: December 3, 2021, 11:05:52 am »
ah cool, my 2nd was 31st July so end of Jan. Had 5 months in my head for some reason.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #830 on: December 3, 2021, 11:13:19 am »
ah cool, my 2nd was 31st July so end of Jan. Had 5 months in my head for some reason.

There was all sorts flying round. Mine is six months to the day since my second dose. This is being dropped to three, but currently it's not in the NHS capability for this to be done online.

If you're over 40 (forgive me) you should be able to book it yourself through the NHS site.

If not, the advice as far as I know is to wait to be contacted.

I know for my area I was quite early as there's less older people so they "worked" through them quickly and got to me early.

I've heard of friends in different areas waiting longer who are a few years older.

Basically no one knows  ::)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: December 3, 2021, 11:16:24 am »

5 months was when the booking window opened, but you had to wait 6 months for the booster. Its getting changed to 3 months, just waiting for the NHS developers to update the website to allow this.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: December 3, 2021, 11:38:57 am »
Not over 40 (just!) and not in any vulnerable groups so by the time they sort the 3 month thing I guess mine will be due anyway.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: December 3, 2021, 01:34:13 pm »
It has been changed to 3 months, just the NHS trying to sort oit logistics and updating the booking website. But if you go to a walk-in, you can get your booster right now (if its after 3 months).
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #834 on: December 3, 2021, 02:18:43 pm »
Had my booster yesterday  8)

A Moderna to top-up 2 AZ's.

Arm a little sore, but apart from feeling tired last night (and having insane epic dreams), no side effects.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #835 on: December 3, 2021, 02:44:57 pm »
It has been changed to 3 months, just the NHS trying to sort oit logistics and updating the booking website. But if you go to a walk-in, you can get your booster right now (if its after 3 months).

Have you experienced this? I've just been told I still have to wait six months at the walk in

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: December 3, 2021, 03:52:47 pm »
Have you experienced this? I've just been told I still have to wait six months at the walk in

I went Monday and got mine, I was about 3 weeks short of 6 months. Either it's pot luck, or they must have had instructions to wait until the NHS organises the boosters according to age geoups or whatever.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #837 on: December 3, 2021, 03:58:55 pm »
I went Monday and got mine, I was about 3 weeks short of 6 months. Either it's pot luck, or they must have had instructions to wait until the NHS organises the boosters according to age geoups or whatever.

Guess so. Would have preferred to get it boxed sooner rather than later as I'm booked close to Christmas and my mum is 73 going through Chemo so keen to not pick it up before seeing her.

Thanks

Online redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: December 3, 2021, 04:15:03 pm »
Guess so. Would have preferred to get it boxed sooner rather than later as I'm booked close to Christmas and my mum is 73 going through Chemo so keen to not pick it up before seeing her.

Thanks

Yep, I was thinking the same. Maybe try a different walk-in?

All the best to your mum!

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #839 on: December 5, 2021, 09:55:20 am »
Got the Pfizer booster yesterday, to top up two AZ shots. Sore arm but nothing like after second AZ shot and no other side effects so far.