Author Topic: Assassin's Creed Series  (Read 11580 times)

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
Re: Assassin's Creed Series
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2020, 06:27:51 pm »
I think that the writing in Origins is generally much better than that in Odyssey.  The key guy in both Black Flag and Origins is Ashraf Ismail.  Both of those titles are out of Ubisoft Montreal (along with the upcoming Valhalla).  Odyssey is from a different studio in Ubisoft Quebec.  Personally I feel that Odyssey misses Ashraf's touch, so I'll be interested to see what you think given your comments about Origins and Black Flag.  Odyssey is certainly bigger and with more to do, but there's a lack of cohesiveness with the writing, characters and even the world itself in my opinion.
Ah I thought that Odyssey was from the Montreal studio too - that's very interesting!

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2020, 04:12:09 pm »
I'm playing Odyssey as Alexious. Just wondering if anyone has played as Cassandra? Does she play the same story as Alexious and their paths cross on the same way. Or do you play her in a completely separate story?
"Salahs in here......"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2020, 05:12:08 pm »
I'm playing Odyssey as Alexious. Just wondering if anyone has played as Cassandra? Does she play the same story as Alexious and their paths cross on the same way. Or do you play her in a completely separate story?

Kassandra is the canonical choice mate. And I'd rather stare at her for dozens of hours  ;D

Anywho I think the story is literally the same for both barring obvious changes. Same dialogue, you can even sleep with the same people (or not), no diff

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2020, 01:51:39 pm »
Valhalla Update.

Looks like they have ditched the current loot system thank the Lord! Quotes below.

"Every piece of gear is unique in the game and [can be] upgraded extensively so that when you find a piece of gear, you're excited and you celebrate it, and that can stay with you for quite a long time."

He adds: "It can be viable for quite a long time. So it's quite a different approach than the previous games took
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2020, 01:52:00 pm »
Kassandra is the canonical choice mate. And I'd rather stare at her for dozens of hours  ;D

Anywho I think the story is literally the same for both barring obvious changes. Same dialogue, you can even sleep with the same people (or not), no diff
Cheers for that. Wish I had picked her!
"Salahs in here......"

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2020, 11:49:05 am »

Forgot that you even got the choice of character in this game. Been so long since I started it and it's so vast.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2020, 11:04:03 pm »
Can somebody tell me how to put a spoiler on here please?

I want to post on something I came across today on Odyssey but dont want to ruin it for anyone.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2020, 11:25:43 pm »
Can somebody tell me how to put a spoiler on here please?

I want to post on something I came across today on Odyssey but dont want to ruin it for anyone.

[1spoiler] [/1spoiler]

Remove the 1s
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2020, 11:49:14 pm »
Thanks for that SW!

Now dont read below if you havent reached the Island of Thera and gained access to the door.

Spoiler
So today after fannying about with many mirrors I uncovered Atlantis. A fantastic addition I thought and found the whole thing quite enjoyable.

Well until they decided to take it to the present day. That took me right out of it. Dreadful acting. Awful. Youve just fucking discovered Atlantis! They really need to work on this for Valhalla as I have read that Red Dead 2 is streets ahead in this department.

Anyway, anybody managed to seal the doors? Worth the extra miles!?
[close]
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2020, 11:26:36 pm »
Finally finished Odyssey.

Finished the main story. The Cult was unmasked. Done a fair few large side missions too.

I'm level 52 and will not play again. I became hooked!

Would love to hear what endings people got. Very disappointed with mine!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #50 on: July 4, 2020, 01:36:05 pm »
Finally finished Odyssey.

Finished the main story. The Cult was unmasked. Done a fair few large side missions too.

I'm level 52 and will not play again. I became hooked!

Would love to hear what endings people got. Very disappointed with mine!

I just started playing it again a couple of weeks ago and I'm hooked too.

Looked the other day and my save was 80 hours and I'm genuinely nowhere near done with the story. I'm one of those people who when they get close to a '?', I have to go and check it out.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #51 on: July 4, 2020, 06:04:20 pm »
That's exactly how I was. I suppose it a good way to play to make sure you level up quickly between the main quests.

Once I got to a certain level and upgraded the spear to 5, I didn't need to do that as I was really powerful so just aimed for the juicier quests.

I actually wasn't expecting to finish the story when I did. It took my by surprise.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 6, 2020, 09:11:28 am »
If you're arsed about the leaked Valhalla footage it's here:

PART1: https://streamable.com/m8edx8

PART2: https://streamable.com/x32zv6

PART3: https://streamable.com/6kh35q

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #53 on: July 6, 2020, 09:13:31 am »
Is that Witcher 3?

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: July 6, 2020, 09:36:58 am »
Is that Witcher 3?
Bloody hell, getting big Geralt vibes alright!

(That is not a bad thing...  :D )

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #55 on: July 6, 2020, 11:31:33 am »
The footage of the flaming arrows in the first video looks amazing.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #56 on: July 6, 2020, 06:37:29 pm »
If you're arsed about the leaked Valhalla footage it's here:

PART1: https://streamable.com/m8edx8

PART2: https://streamable.com/x32zv6

PART3: https://streamable.com/6kh35q
I know that’s an early build, but some of the combat and UI look like something from a cheap mobile game, not from a next-gen title. Origins looked much better than that, and that’s 3 years old.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2020, 12:44:05 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YdzcijLhQV8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YdzcijLhQV8</a>

Liking the look of this!

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2020, 01:37:30 am »
Watched the Ubisoft show earlier and was so disappointed in Valhalla.

Piss poor animations, texture and character pop ins, incredibly janky combat where you can somehow force kick someone half way across the arena.

Unfortunately, they’ve all become staples of open world Ubi games. They’ve turned into copy and paste merchants.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2020, 01:45:01 am »

Piss poor animations, texture and character pop ins, incredibly janky combat where you can somehow force kick someone half way across the arena.

Unfortunately, they’ve all become staples of open world Ubi games. They’ve turned into copy and paste merchants.

Yeah Wildlands was pretty fun but Breakpoint was terrible. Not sure why they make every game the same. You can have colored gear games as well as normal good ones, they don't all have to be the exact same system.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2020, 02:19:29 am »
Hopefully the game isn't just shuttling between Norway and England. Ideally, the game also includes Ireland and not just Dublin as a token.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2020, 08:05:46 am »
I know that’s an early build, but some of the combat and UI look like something from a cheap mobile game, not from a next-gen title. Origins looked much better than that, and that’s 3 years old.
I stand by this, even having watched the latest demo!  Looks awful, to be honest.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2020, 09:13:48 am »
No, Im still very much excited. Looks like they have made some nice upgrades from Odyssey.

The inclusion of having your crew fight with you is brilliant. Adding to that a settlement.. Looks like a very different game.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2020, 10:59:25 am »

Odyssey was the moment I was done with these games.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2020, 06:04:03 pm »
Odyssey was the moment I was done with these games.
Awwh it was the opposite for me. It rekindled my love for them. I thought Odyssey (not without its faults) was excellent.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2020, 06:20:46 pm »
What do we think of Origins? That game definitely rekindled my love after Unity and Syndicate were a bit too technologically-late for me to fully enjoy. I like it the games that are pre-gunpowder I guess... although my favourite one of the series is Black Flag and that one is literally 100% gunpowder.

I'm halfway through Odyssey and will probably finish it off before Valhalla is released. I picked it up waaay after its release and then other new games like Death Stranding got in the way of completion.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2020, 07:15:35 pm »
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/07/oh_no_theres_more_modern_day_stuff_in_assassins_creed_valhalla_than_the_two_previous_games

Oh No, There's More Modern Day Stuff in Assassin's Creed Valhalla Than the Two Previous Games

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2020, 09:53:37 pm »
I am baffled how they are still going with the modern story line. They should have binned that ages ago and just made it "the fabulous assassin stories" without all that bullshit in the present. I think I've played all of the main games at least for a bit and I have no fucking clue what has happened in the present in a single one.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2020, 12:28:58 am »
I am baffled how they are still going with the modern story line. They should have binned that ages ago and just made it "the fabulous assassin stories" without all that bullshit in the present. I think I've played all of the main games at least for a bit and I have no fucking clue what has happened in the present in a single one.
x2
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2020, 01:29:21 am »

Couldn't agree more. It's a horrible break from the immersion when it switches to modern day, gives you an empty protagonist to control through the tedium and is utterly redundant since the death of Desmond in 3. Ubisoft really frustrate me at times. They onviously have some very talented individuals there to create such beautiful worlds, but make so many shitty decisions with their games.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2020, 09:03:15 am »
Having not played origins or odyssey which one should I play first ?
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2020, 11:26:02 am »
Having not played origins or odyssey which one should I play first ?

Odyssey is a refinement that seems more stable and to me the setting is far, far more interesting.

Walking around Greece, gawping at the scenery, and getting in fights with randoms... you might even see Harry Maguire!

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2020, 11:42:58 am »
The fighting is the same but the game with the better story is Origins.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2020, 12:11:06 pm »
I dunno, I love Kassandra.... Odyssey has Kassandra.  ;)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2020, 01:00:36 pm »
I dunno, I love Kassandra.... Odyssey has Kassandra.  ;)

I watched the Eurovision movie the other day, the Greek singer in that is the voice actor behind Kassandra.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2020, 02:32:19 pm »
She a good actress?

Yknow. To give me a pretence to stare at her for a couple hours..

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2020, 05:17:03 pm »
The Eurovision movie isn't really the best platform to judge an actor's talent, but you could do worse than to check out my further thoughts on it on the relevant thread in Media & Arts...
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2020, 01:52:04 am »
Used to be a big fan of this series, played Origins for about an hour after picking it up in a PS Sale, probably a series that needs put to bed, but Ubisoft being Ubisoft they're determined to wring every penny out of it they can.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2020, 06:29:46 am »
I've got Origins and Odyssey in my backlog but I must admit the transition to an RPG style game is not one that I'm too keen on. Will still pick them up at decent prices though as I don't mind sinking a few hours into these different locations.

I think I'm suffering from a general fatigue of open world games. I'm playing through Spider-man now and while it does repeat some open world tropes from this modern generation, traversal and combat are so much fun that it's definitely a lot more easier to forgive.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2021, 03:18:50 pm »
Fair chunk of the way into Odyssey since starting around Christmas. It's huge, and I'm level 51 but I've only just reconnected with my father in that weird island location so feel like I'm still a way off the end of the main story. Over half of the cult are dead, I hunted all the open world ones down when I was able but they seem to be attached to questlines now so progress is slower. I am one of those people that will just hit a new island and go to every camp, fort, cave etc so I reckon the story will take me back to some locations I've already 'cleared', but that's okay.

I'd say to anyone starting it now to completely ignore all the 'hourglass' icon quests you run into. I didn't realise they were generically generated things and was picking them all up and running all over the place to deliver a letter, or kill 4 bandits, and as a result I got 'overlevel' for most of the starting zones very quickly and it never really normalised. By the time I got to the arena the first guy was easy pickings (most things level up with, but slightly behind you but the Arena challenges are set level that never changes).

I've only played Black Flag before so can't really compare to most AC games but I do like this one, somehow they seem to have crammed just about everything in from Greek history and mythology without it becoming too nonsensical.