Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2786624 times)

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers
« Reply #26160 on: May 23, 2022, 02:34:29 pm »
99 goals with no number 9 is on the bbc page now. I mean Gabriel Jesus is a centre forward, he wears number nine, but don’t let that spoil it.
But they won the league after missing out on Sir Harold Kane its the biggest achievement ever seen in football.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26161 on: May 23, 2022, 02:36:18 pm »
https://twitter.com/Radiology_UK/status/1528662624979804161

The day after they win the league and he is tweeting Andy Burnham because JD sports have Liverpool shirts in their Manc Airport shop ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #26162 on: May 23, 2022, 02:39:56 pm »
I wonder what they will do after the new Premier League sponsorship deals rules. 12 UAE companies as sponsers instead of 6 inflated deals ?

I know people didn’t like Newcastle takeover but good things came from it so far. Clubs are scared because after few years 4 clubs will be fighting for a CL position if Newcastle did the same as City. They are trying to push for new rules and put pressure on the Premier Leauge and anything applies to Newcastle will apply indirectly to City.

Go on....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26163 on: May 23, 2022, 02:47:03 pm »
To be fair there will be dozens there, all dancing and cheering ‘Hooray’.

Completely off their tits on pint after pint of water.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26164 on: May 23, 2022, 02:48:21 pm »
99 goals with no number 9 is on the bbc page now. I mean Gabriel Jesus is a centre forward, he wears number nine, but don’t let that spoil it.
Yeah, I can’t believe Guardiola has managed to convince everyone that this is a thing.

I suppose we don’t have a striker either. I mean, we have Origi, but he’s as much of a striker as Gabriel Jesus is. To have the success we have over the last few years without a striker during this whole period is pretty impressive.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26165 on: May 23, 2022, 02:50:50 pm »
Go on....

To be fair Lobo he went on to say:

Clubs are scared because after few years 4 clubs will be fighting for a CL position if Newcastle did the same as City. They are trying to push for new rules and put pressure on the Premier Leauge and anything applies to Newcastle will apply indirectly to City.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26166 on: May 23, 2022, 02:53:36 pm »

The day after they win the league and he is tweeting Andy Burnham because JD sports have Liverpool shirts in their Manc Airport shop ;D

Anyone would have thought that there's perhaps a few Liverpool fans that may be taking flights out of there this week.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #26167 on: May 23, 2022, 02:54:41 pm »
Wonder why Arsenal, Spurs, United, Chelsea fans are so happy with City winning?

Chelsea still having some success, but Arsenal would be in the Champions League for the past few season if not for City.  Same with United.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #26168 on: May 23, 2022, 02:56:49 pm »

Chelsea still having some success, but Arsenal would be in the Champions League for the past few season if not for City.  Same with United.
Because we didn't win it so they can all mock us.

Online SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #26169 on: May 23, 2022, 02:57:58 pm »
only 20 hours and no longer top news on BBC.....we now have:

1. Mbappe
2. Ten Hag
3. Carvalho signing for us
4. Mendy in court

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26170 on: May 23, 2022, 02:58:07 pm »

Because again its all about banter.

You dont meet many City fans so its a lot more palatable for them 'gloating' than us, who are much more (just in every way).
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #26171 on: May 23, 2022, 03:06:04 pm »

You would have thought someone with his academic and professional pedigree

https://www.christie.nhs.uk/internal-lists/consultant-list/bell-jon

would have more important things to worry about like UK cancer rates than football shirts on sale at an international airport
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/uk-cancer-survival-rates-bottom-world-league-table-a9101916.html

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #26172 on: May 23, 2022, 03:12:37 pm »

What does he think Andy Burnham is going to do about this exactly?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #26173 on: May 23, 2022, 03:13:17 pm »
Replace them with Everton ones ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26174 on: May 23, 2022, 03:16:14 pm »

Utd would be on 23 titles, daft c*nts can't see that, all they see is that we would be on 22.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #26175 on: May 23, 2022, 03:17:10 pm »
Replace them with Everton ones ;D
At least they'd be blue

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26176 on: May 23, 2022, 03:24:14 pm »
“ After a day of intense drama, and another unbelievable comeback, Manchester City have just won their fourth Premier League title in five seasons, which is an amazing achievement - so why does it feel like they still don't get the credit they deserve?”

Everyone knows the answer - because City winning the league should be a formality. It should be done and dusted by Feb.  Winning it on the last day is irrelevant.  Shrug shoulders and move on.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #26177 on: May 23, 2022, 03:25:10 pm »
Anyone would have thought that there's perhaps a few Liverpool fans that may be taking flights out of there this week.
I take it the dickhead had never flown out of Manchester before then.

They've always had Liverpool shirts on sale there, and Liverpool T-shirts, keyrings etc.

Why? Because they are big sellers. We also have lots of fans in the Manchester area and even more in the Manc airport catchment area. Our national and international support is absolutely massive, so an international airport shop will reflect this.

I go in that shop in Manc airport every time I fly from there. They sell loads of our stuff. They stock it because it sells. They have less Abu Dhabi stuff than Liverpool and United stuff because they sell less of it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 03:30:41 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26178 on: May 23, 2022, 03:26:31 pm »
“ After a day of intense drama, and another unbelievable comeback, Manchester City have just won their fourth Premier League title in five seasons, which is an amazing achievement - so why does it feel like they still don't get the credit they deserve?”

Richards genuinely asking that question.

EDIT: Micah the ‘columnist’ didn’t even write the column. What’s the point to him?!
They get far more credit than they deserve. They actually deserve none at all.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #26179 on: May 23, 2022, 03:35:56 pm »

bloody sensitive bunch these city fans. just won the league again but crying about shirts on sale at an airport haha

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26180 on: May 23, 2022, 03:39:20 pm »
Why don't they just open a club shop at the airport? I'm sure it would be a raging success.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26181 on: May 23, 2022, 03:47:22 pm »
Why don't they just open a club shop at the airport? I'm sure it would be a raging success.
They already sell Abu Dhabi tops in that shop. It's just that our range and United's range in there is bigger because our fanbases dwarf theirs and sell far more than they do. I've been going in there for years. I don't suppose this cryarse mentioned the Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, and Putin FC shirts also on sale in there? 🤔

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26182 on: May 23, 2022, 03:52:42 pm »
Other fanbases see us as sanctimonious gloaters - I think the word I've seen a few use online in the last 24 hours is 'insufferable'. I've never paid it much heed but I have noticed of late that posters on here will routinely refer to every other club as shit or cheats, and view every opposition player as either not good enough for us or willing to go for money instead of the honour of playing for a 'real' club like Liverpool. I don't know if that's a reflection of fans online, but if it is I can understand the urge to laugh at us failing. I'm not saying they should be doing that, but I understand.

And here we are, on high horse, proud for supporting a proper football club, not giving two shits about their money laundering club and their opinions. Even their owner doesn't give a shit about them and their opinions, they exist just for the esthetics. Their sheikh needs them to appear on a billboard whilst they are advertising their money laundering machine.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26183 on: May 23, 2022, 03:52:42 pm »
They already sell Abu Dhabi tops in that shop. It's just that our range and United's range in there is bigger because our fanbases dwarf theirs and sell far more than they do. I've been going in there for years. I don't suppose this cryarse mentioned the Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, and Putin FC shirts also on sale in there? 🤔
I'm sorry SoS, I have to pull you up there. That can't be right because they have the biggest income in world football and more commercial income than us and Utd. There'll be less City stock because they've sold it and can't restock due to the global demand. There's only more of our stuff because it doesn't sell.

I think I've got that right, do you think I could get a job as a City influencer?

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
« Reply #26184 on: May 23, 2022, 03:56:02 pm »
Kavanagh and Tierney had a huge and decisive impact in the title race even after all the drama of yesterday. It's an absolute disgrace that in the age of VAR that this is still happening. I wonder what rewards await these two officials.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #26185 on: May 23, 2022, 03:57:25 pm »
Because again its all about banter.

You dont meet many City fans so its a lot more palatable for them 'gloating' than us, who are much more (just in every way).

You're right, but surely you'd rather have your club have some success than just laugh at others?

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26186 on: May 23, 2022, 03:57:44 pm »

He should March down there and give them a bloody good telling off. If he won’t then ask Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson or the police or the army!!!.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26187 on: May 23, 2022, 04:20:17 pm »
Those Sky Sports videos of the pitch invasion / attack on Olsen and the pundits' reaction are now mysteriously private.

The Irish Independent article linked earlier has disappeared too.

Hmm... have a certain PR department been in touch?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #26188 on: May 23, 2022, 04:22:30 pm »
Those Sky Sports videos of the pitch invasion / attack on Olsen and the pundits' reaction are now mysteriously private.

If they're gonna ignore sport washing what's a pitch invasion and assault gonna do?

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26189 on: May 23, 2022, 04:24:14 pm »
I do wonder what people (the media) think Gabriel Jesus is, despite the fact Pep chooses to play him out wide.  ADFC fans might say that he misses too many chances but every striker misses. Such a weird narrative!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26190 on: May 23, 2022, 04:24:41 pm »
I'm sorry SoS, I have to pull you up there. That can't be right because they have the biggest income in world football and more commercial income than us and Utd. There'll be less City stock because they've sold it and can't restock due to the global demand. There's only more of our stuff because it doesn't sell.

I think I've got that right, do you think I could get a job as a City influencer?
You're getting there, but you've not quite been sportswashed thoroughly enough yet.

B+ but must try harder.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26191 on: May 23, 2022, 04:25:36 pm »
We dont have a striker either. Mo is a right winger, Diogo, Luis and Sadio are left wingers and Bobby is a false 9. No attacking midfielders either.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26192 on: May 23, 2022, 04:29:12 pm »

The Irish Independent article is still there
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26193 on: May 23, 2022, 04:31:08 pm »
The Irish Independent article is still there
My mistake, I thought it'd been deleted as the link didn't work for me.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #26194 on: May 23, 2022, 04:36:38 pm »

Just came on here myself to ask if anyone else could see any of the Sky links to the Olsen attack. Most odd...
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26195 on: May 23, 2022, 04:37:23 pm »
You're right, but surely you'd rather have your club have some success than just laugh at others?
But this is what it's come to. How many clubs can realistically be successful now? Liverpool have the best legitimate team in the world. There are also two sportswashes cuckooing the the top four, soon to be three cuckoos. Other than in an anomalous season, no one is realistically getting a look in at the cups, and they have no chance at the league. What's left? Europa places. That's it really, unless you see surviving relegation as a trophy in itself.

All most fanbases have left now is taunting others about failing at something they could only dream about even competing in. Before we lifted no19 we had people whose club had never won a title in their history taunting us over not winning it in over 20+ years, conveniently forgetting we had 18 of them in our trophy room.

After Kiev we had fanbases who have never even been in a European Cup Final taunting us over losing one, despite the fact we had another five in our trophy cabinet.

Sadly, for the vast majority of fanbases, schadenfreude is the only success they can now realistically experience.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 04:40:47 pm by Son of Spion »

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26196 on: May 23, 2022, 04:39:50 pm »
I wonder what they will do after the new Premier League sponsorship deals rules. 12 UAE companies as sponsers instead of 6 inflated deals ?

I know people didn’t like Newcastle takeover but good things came from it so far. Clubs are scared because after few years 4 clubs will be fighting for a CL position if Newcastle did the same as City. They are trying to push for new rules and put pressure on the Premier Leauge and anything applies to Newcastle will apply indirectly to City.

The horse has bolted with City.  The inflated deals they've had for 10 years now are "market rate" for them.  They have achieved what they needed to on sponsorship and there's fuck all anyone can do to place limits on them.  Getting their man in at UEFA where he can influence the new rules is just City stopping Newcastle from progressing at the same rate as they did.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #26197 on: May 23, 2022, 04:53:25 pm »
But this is what it's come to. How many clubs can realistically be successful now? Liverpool have the best legitimate team in the world. There are also two sportswashes cuckooing the the top four, soon to be three cuckoos. Other than in an anomalous season, no one is realistically getting a look in at the cups, and they have no chance at the league. What's left? Europa places. That's it really, unless you see surviving relegation as a trophy in itself.

All most fanbases have left now is taunting others about failing at something they could only dream about even competing in. Before we lifted no19 we had people whose club had never won a title in their history taunting us over not winning it in over 20+ years, conveniently forgetting we had 18 of them in our trophy room.

After Kiev we had fanbases who have never even been in a European Cup Final taunting us over losing one, despite the fact we had another five in our trophy cabinet.

Sadly, for the vast majority of fanbases, schadenfreude is the only success they can now realistically experience.

Spot on, and I do think that is part of the reason there is this feeling towards the bigger clubs. Let's face it, the forming of the Premier League buggered up all but the biggest clubs. Now as you say they can only look on with envy, and that must suck.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26198 on: May 23, 2022, 04:53:52 pm »

Nothing will come out of it. The Premier League is corrupt, just like the British government. Unfortunately, the only way out is the genuine big clubs running the competition ...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26199 on: May 23, 2022, 04:59:13 pm »

Bad for the product, they want to celebrate a 'thrilling final day'.

Just like how punishing a club for clearly fraudulent accounts and breaking financial rules would damage their product.

The PL and Sky will brush it under the carpet.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season