Author Topic: YOU on Netflix  (Read 12955 times)

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
YOU on Netflix
« on: December 28, 2018, 07:21:26 pm »
Found this on Netflix by coincidence the other day and binged the whole thing.

Really really good show.  It starts out looking like another rom-com flick, but actually it turns the table on its head and while the main guy is doing everything that the heroes in a rom-com do, it just highlight how creepy that is.

Absolutely recommend it. It is currently at 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Trailers for those interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKSYTlSaGik&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZtRnIwv_FY
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
Re: YOU on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 11:34:47 pm »
I'm the same, binged through the whole of this today. Great little watch, has vibes of Dexter.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #2 on: January 1, 2019, 10:10:09 am »
Finished this yesterday. Definitely has Dexter feels.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #3 on: January 1, 2019, 10:20:57 am »
Same I watched it all in 2 days and loved it. Probably shouldn’t but I really liked the main character. Liked him a lot more than the female lead which is probably a bit strange.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 1, 2019, 05:17:34 pm »
Finished this last night, absolutely brilliant

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: January 1, 2019, 08:33:11 pm »
Avoided this after seeing the trailer a bunch of times as it looked like a boring romantic thing, after reading this thread i'll give it a go while i'm off

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 1, 2019, 10:59:09 pm »
Just for those who’ve watched the whole thing

Spoiler
in the last episode where she escapes and whacks him with the mallet, why doesn’t she just whack him multiple times to make sure he’s dead
[close]

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 1, 2019, 11:28:48 pm »
Just for those who’ve watched the whole thing

Spoiler
in the last episode where she escapes and whacks him with the mallet, why doesn’t she just whack him multiple times to make sure he’s dead
[close]
Spoiler
I think it is apparent throughout the show that Beck isn't the smartest person considering how she almost always was never able to read a situation right with Benji, Peach and even the book editor. It is hinted that Karen for example was able to discover Joe's past, presumably after Paco mentioned the box to her too, yet she acted normal till she was able to get out and live her life. Beck, could have kissed him while in the glass cage and once she is in public, could have caused a scene and ratted him out, but she wasn't able to think logically and hence that caused her her life.
[close]

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 1, 2019, 11:40:19 pm »
Spoiler
I think it is apparent throughout the show that Beck isn't the smartest person considering how she almost always was never able to read a situation right with Benji, Peach and even the book editor. It is hinted that Karen for example was able to discover Joe's past, presumably after Paco mentioned the box to her too, yet she acted normal till she was able to get out and live her life. Beck, could have kissed him while in the glass cage and once she is in public, could have caused a scene and ratted him out, but she wasn't able to think logically and hence that caused her her life.
[close]
Spoiler
yeah I think it’s obvious she’s not the sharpest, although someone like peach can get away with acting like that when your friends are in their early 20s!

Although when you are in the cage you probably think the only options are either you die in there or you kill them and get out, even if maybe she thought she did finish him (although he did seem to bleed a lot so how he was able to get to her so quickly is a bit mad, but why she didn’t scream for help and scream something like get the police at paco did seem off-ish too
[close]

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 2, 2019, 04:25:04 am »
Spoiler
yeah I think it’s obvious she’s not the sharpest, although someone like peach can get away with acting like that when your friends are in their early 20s!

Although when you are in the cage you probably think the only options are either you die in there or you kill them and get out, even if maybe she thought she did finish him (although he did seem to bleed a lot so how he was able to get to her so quickly is a bit mad, but why she didn’t scream for help and scream something like get the police at paco did seem off-ish too
[close]

Spoiler
That wouldn’t have helped. Joe had “groomed” Paco, though, just as he’d been groomed by the bookstore owner. Paco would have believed that Beck must have deserved to be locked in there (cf the scene after he killed Ron and explained that some people deserve to die). Paco looked up to him, and to him, no-one had shown more kindness or interest than Joe. He is like a father figure. 
[close]
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 2, 2019, 09:12:14 am »
Started this last night and watches the whole thing so now taking the day off work and going to sleep  ;D

Good series, enjoyed it. Thought Beck was a bit of a c*nt though along with her c*nt mates.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 2, 2019, 10:32:44 am »
Started this last night and watches the whole thing so now taking the day off work and going to sleep  ;D

Good series, enjoyed it. Thought Beck was a bit of a c*nt though along with her c*nt mates.

Did the exact same thing on New Years Eve as having a one year old means I have no life. Started it at 7pm thinking it would kill 50 minutes and ended up watching it until 1am.

Really good show and enough there for a second season if they want to do it. Agree with it having a Dexter feel (before Dexter turned to shit).

Spoiler
What is the history between Joe and his ex, and why is she back? Is she actually back or was she his imagination?
Did Karen know what Joe was up to?
Did Joe's mentor really have a stroke or did Joe do something to him?
The private investigator suspects him and still has his urine...
[close]

Edit: Just read that it is based on a book which has a follow up, so there will definitely be a second season.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2019, 10:51:35 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #12 on: January 2, 2019, 06:45:34 pm »
I couldn't get past the first episode.
I couldn't buy the whole stuff she was doing in her apartment with a huge window with no curtains - as if!
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 2, 2019, 09:11:57 pm »
I couldn't buy the whole stuff she was doing in her apartment with a huge window with no curtains - as if!
you need to get out more mate ;)

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 3, 2019, 07:55:19 am »
Finished this today and like others really enjoyed it - binge worthy!

Spoiler
It is littered with poor logic though but sometimes you just have to go with it. Not sure what happened with the fact that they have his urine? I'm guessing it came back inconclusive or they figured he lied about being at Peach's because he was scared but the 'evidence' was so overwhelming for that psychiatrist that they let it go?

No one seemed to care or question Benji's death either but then I guess they just had him down as an addict.

The ending set the next series up nicely - for some reason I didn't think Candice was dead - but I do think she helped Joe do something criminal and therefore she's kept away.
[close]
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 3, 2019, 08:16:25 am »
Same I watched it all in 2 days and loved it. Probably shouldn’t but I really liked the main character. Liked him a lot more than the female lead which is probably a bit strange.

Agree.  Her character is endlessly willing to let others lead her by the nose, and she's not afraid to feel sorry for herself. Reminded me a bit of Santiago Munez in Goal!  Meanwhile the main character was HILARIOUS at times.

Really good, dark humor, intense series.

PS- Benji was a brilliantly funny parody character

You'll Never Walk Alone

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 3, 2019, 12:20:40 pm »
Spoiler
That wouldn’t have helped. Joe had “groomed” Paco, though, just as he’d been groomed by the bookstore owner. Paco would have believed that Beck must have deserved to be locked in there (cf the scene after he killed Ron and explained that some people deserve to die). Paco looked up to him, and to him, no-one had shown more kindness or interest than Joe. He is like a father figure. 
[close]
Spoiler
was thinking along the lines of scream really loudly and the whole store would hear and someone else, if not Paco, calls the cops
[close]

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 3, 2019, 12:21:28 pm »
Finished this today and like others really enjoyed it - binge worthy!

Spoiler
It is littered with poor logic though but sometimes you just have to go with it. Not sure what happened with the fact that they have his urine? I'm guessing it came back inconclusive or they figured he lied about being at Peach's because he was scared but the 'evidence' was so overwhelming for that psychiatrist that they let it go?

No one seemed to care or question Benji's death either but then I guess they just had him down as an addict.

The ending set the next series up nicely - for some reason I didn't think Candice was dead - but I do think she helped Joe do something criminal and therefore she's kept away.
[close]
Spoiler
benji seemed to be a rich kid like peach so fuck knows how that wasn’t dug into more
[close]

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 3, 2019, 12:22:35 pm »
Spoiler
Urine is almost never a source used for DNA testing and almost always going to be inconclusive, especially that they probably discovered it after few hours.

My pet peeve with the storyline of how he killed Peach was how a big house in the countryside of Connecticut doesn't have security cameras all over the place that they can review and a security system that would have prevented him from sneaking in.
[close]

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 3, 2019, 12:48:22 pm »
Spoiler
Urine is almost never a source used for DNA testing and almost always going to be inconclusive, especially that they probably discovered it after few hours.

My pet peeve with the storyline of how he killed Peach was how a big house in the countryside of Connecticut doesn't have security cameras all over the place that they can review and a security system that would have prevented him from sneaking in.
[close]

Yeah or
Spoiler
how did Joe not get picked up in that club on camera moments before he went upstairs and pushed the wanker Candace was sleeping with off the roof?
[close]
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #20 on: January 3, 2019, 01:30:18 pm »
Dragged myself through this as it started off well enough, but just another girl meets psycho boy story with added relevance to social media.

Doubt I will take in a second series - it was a pretty weak ending I thought.
Continually on 11,420.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 3, 2019, 01:33:58 pm »
Really enjoyed the show. Watched it in 2 days and its a good spin on what a lot of people will assume is just a romantic boy meets girl show

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 3, 2019, 02:01:55 pm »
Yeah or
Spoiler
how did Joe not get picked up in that club on camera moments before he went upstairs and pushed the wanker Candace was sleeping with off the roof?
[close]
Spoiler
I think police will always take an easy out if it means the case was closed. The guy was high and drunk and had a joint in his hand, plus there was no signs of force as Joe just gave him a gentle push. I think once they took the blood sample, they assumed he might have been having a puff and lost his balance and tripped over because of how fucked up he was.
[close]

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #23 on: January 8, 2019, 10:30:58 pm »
Spoiler
Sorry all but this is an awful pile of poorly acted far fetched shite! :D
[close]
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 8, 2019, 10:38:40 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
You sound fun at parties ;D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 8, 2019, 10:54:18 pm »
You sound fun at parties ;D

Spoiler
See you on the roof. Come alone. ;)
[close]
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #26 on: January 8, 2019, 10:57:02 pm »
Thanks for flagging this up...enjoyable dark sinister guff....though it ran out of steam a bit at end really had me hooked.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 8, 2019, 11:20:00 pm »
Watched it a while ago and it was a decent show.

I thought they overdid making Beck a complete idiotic loser but when you have Dan Humphrey as the lead then you have to work seriously hard to make him seem likable.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 9, 2019, 12:13:26 am »
Spoiler
[close]

You got that far in, even though you hate it? Is someone making you do things?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 9, 2019, 08:33:55 am »

You mean you’re still watching that part...  ;)
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 9, 2019, 10:37:02 am »
I enjoyed it, thought it was going to be a rom-com, but soon turned into a nice little tale of obsession.

Didn't expect the ending to be what it was, bit of a twist, so that was good.  and nicely set up for S2

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 9, 2019, 10:38:39 am »
Anyone figure out from whom
Spoiler
the jar of teeth came from?
[close]
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 9, 2019, 11:15:00 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
wasn't it Benji?
[close]

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 9, 2019, 02:53:39 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
wasn't it Benji?
[close]
Spoiler
yeah was benji, he said there can't be any dental records if they find his corpse, and you see him hold a mallet above him after he's dead.
[close]
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #34 on: January 9, 2019, 03:11:37 pm »
Pleasantly surprised by this after being persuaded to watch it by my gf. However, we just watched episode 8 last night (the first with a significant time jump) and there's a real change in tone. I really hated that episode, it just didn't fit in with the rest of the series whatsoever. Fingers crossed the last two recover it.

Overall it's enjoyable but a very poor man's Dexter I would say.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 9, 2019, 03:27:09 pm »
Pleasantly surprised by this after being persuaded to watch it by my gf. However, we just watched episode 8 last night (the first with a significant time jump) and there's a real change in tone. I really hated that episode, it just didn't fit in with the rest of the series whatsoever. Fingers crossed the last two recover it.

Overall it's enjoyable but a very poor man's Dexter I would say.
Is that the I Got you Babe one?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 9, 2019, 03:54:57 pm »
You got that far in, even though you hate it? Is someone making you do things?

Well, no. Funny how people take a different opinion personally enough to have a little dig though.

I watched the first 2 eps back to back to give it a go and my missus continued watching it and it was on in the background whilst I was watching footy over the last few nights so hard not to notice.

The dialogue and over-acting is cheesy as fuck in my opinion. I can see why some people would get into it though.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #37 on: January 9, 2019, 04:33:58 pm »

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #38 on: January 9, 2019, 04:37:03 pm »
Watched it a while ago and it was a decent show.

I thought they overdid making Beck a complete idiotic loser but when you have Dan Humphrey as the lead then you have to work seriously hard to make him seem likable.

Haha! And I thought he was one of the more likable in GG!

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #39 on: January 9, 2019, 04:39:33 pm »
Like most, I watched all of it over a weekend and quite enjoyed it. Agree with some of the logical aspects, but there was enough there to keep watching and keep me interested.

Spoiler
Definitely did not like Beck, and couldn't quite understand why he was so drawn to her. Obviously control plays a bit part but as a personality, I didn't think they were well suited.
[close]