Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 208696 times)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2017, 05:04:14 pm »
Destiny 2 is taking up most of my free time!
Eagerly awaiting the rage inducing clusterfuck of additction that is FIFA 18!
Been playing through BioShock again too which has been fun since I haven't played it in 10 years!

I've got the BioShock collection on the Xbox which I think I'll start after I've completed Wolfenstein. I've heard nothing but good things about that series

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2017, 05:07:27 pm »
I've got the BioShock collection on the Xbox which I think I'll start after I've completed Wolfenstein. I've heard nothing but good things about that series
Yes! They are great! The first game is sensational, the 2nd was a bit meh I thought and I haven't played all of Infinite but what I did play it was really fun!

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2017, 06:48:30 pm »

I couldn't get into either 1 or 2 to any great degree for whatever reason, but I absolutely loved infinite.  It had one of the most brilliant and original narratives in the history of gaming in my opinion.  That coupled with the stunning art direction and fun gameplay made it a brilliant and memorable gaming experience.  It probably won't have quite the same visual impact on xbox as PC, but it's a quite brilliant game regardless.  No spoilers, but when you play it, pay attention to EVERYTHING that's said.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2017, 01:40:21 am »
Bioshock Infinite has my favorite pair of characters in any video game.

Spoiler
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/LzvVEslbGP0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/LzvVEslbGP0</a>
[close]
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2017, 05:51:18 am »
Bioshock Infinite has my favorite pair of characters in any video game.

Spoiler
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/LzvVEslbGP0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/LzvVEslbGP0</a>
[close]

Spoiler
Wouldn't it technically be one character?  ;)
[close]
  Anyway....

fuck it, I'm gonna start another playthrough.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2017, 01:42:06 am »
Spoiler
Wouldn't it technically be one character?  ;)
[close]
  Anyway....

fuck it, I'm gonna start another playthrough.

;D

I still have the DLC to play through as I only picked it up over the summer. Saving them for when new releases I want to play slow down. Way too much being released at the moment. Stellaris has a new DLC out later today. Total War Warhammer 2 out in a week or so. And I'm still mired in X-Com 2's new expansion and have Dishonoured 2 and its expansion to play yet. First world problems.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2017, 11:02:39 am »
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

Dope game

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2017, 11:10:11 am »
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

Dope game

I'd be playing that, if I had a Switch :(

Decided against buying one, need a new stereo desperately. Next year, Ninty, next year.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2017, 12:53:38 pm »
Splatoon 2 did live up to the hype its pretty good. one of those "just one more go" type of games.

- all in my opinion of course -

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2017, 03:35:27 pm »
Wolfenstein: New Order

Been great fun. On Chapter 13 and getting close to the end.

I got to one giant robot near the end and couldn't beat him, and still haven't - it's my favorite franchise and I'm going to have to figure it out eventually.

I have been playing Path of Exile all summer. I'm not quite addicted to it, but it's a good time-waster. An amped-up Diablo 2 basically, which is a good thing.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2017, 07:54:29 pm »
Back in the Overwatch* hole until the new Danganronpa game comes out.

* =It's free to play this weekend if you guys wanna try it out.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2017, 12:16:32 am »
I got to one giant robot near the end and couldn't beat him, and still haven't - it's my favorite franchise and I'm going to have to figure it out eventually.

If its the massive London Monitor robot your stuck on then its a piece of piss mate

Take cover in the pipes in the ground where you can also recharge your laser at will.  From these tunnels you can pop out to shoot the robots blue core.
It will then open its missile pods.  Shoot all 6 (3 on each arm) of these pods in turn
Then run out and get directly underneath him and shoot into the hole underneath his chassis.

If I remember rightly, the German fella in your resistance group will be on the comms telling you what to do.  Stick the subtitles on RM, you can basically get instructions on the screen then :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:19:45 am by Buck Pete »

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2017, 06:28:48 am »
Any fighting game fans on here?

Have only been playing fighting games recently, harking back to my NES/SNES days with hundreds of hours dedicated to beating the shit out of Zangief in Street Fighter and Shang Tsung in mortal kombat among others.

Currently playing Tekken 7. Great game except for the fact that it does not have a basic player vs CPU/single match mode, which is the mode i use to get familiar with all the fighters. 

The games are a hell lot more complicated than they used to be for sure.  But still, fantastic to see the genre alive and well.

Will pickup Kof iv, Guilty Gear Xrd 2 and Dead or Alive next1.
Phuk yoo

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2017, 06:30:00 am »
Im playing a game called King of Avalon its a phone game but Im playing it on Bluestacks.

I tell you what if you want to make a lot of money its to make a game like this.

I spend no money on the game. but Im in the top clan in one kingdom and some people spend 1000's playing the game someone just said in the clan chat that they spend $300 a day on the game and they know of someone who sold their house to become top dog in a kingdom its totally mental.

Its not like the game is that good its just another grinding game.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2017, 06:18:25 pm »
Fortnite Battle Royale on PS4, free to play and its amazing.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2017, 06:24:55 pm »
FIFA 18 and NBA 2K18.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2017, 09:30:56 am »
If its the massive London Monitor robot your stuck on then its a piece of piss mate

Take cover in the pipes in the ground where you can also recharge your laser at will.  From these tunnels you can pop out to shoot the robots blue core.
It will then open its missile pods.  Shoot all 6 (3 on each arm) of these pods in turn
Then run out and get directly underneath him and shoot into the hole underneath his chassis.

If I remember rightly, the German fella in your resistance group will be on the comms telling you what to do.  Stick the subtitles on RM, you can basically get instructions on the screen then :)

Cheers Pete, I'll try it again - I followed the directions before and still couldn't hit the fucker's undercarriage and kept ragequitting  ;D I'll give it another go.

(Sorry it took so long to respond - I forgot I posted in here  ;D)
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 1, 2017, 08:55:10 am »
Danganronpa v3. Amazing series.

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #98 on: October 2, 2017, 06:41:24 am »
Got Just Cause 3 for something like 9 euros last Friday and really enjoying it so far. Great "pick up and play" and I'm just flying around blowing shit up to let of some steam what with the footie curently being crap and all. 

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 2, 2017, 07:11:05 am »
Gonna try that fortnite. It's f2p and has that 100 man battle royale that pugb has. Might tide me over till it releases on console.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #100 on: October 3, 2017, 12:26:20 pm »
Can I use this thread to be talking about games I will/might be playing in the next couple of weeks as there are loads of promising titles out or about to be out? I might give Divinity Original Sin 2 a try as it is getting great reviews and I really enjoyed the first one. Seems like Larian are really doing a great job with that kind of RPG. I would prefer to play it on my TV though and will have to try whether it's good to play controller.

The one game I'm definitely getting is Elex which is coming out on 17th October. It's a new RPG by the creators of the Gothic-series and according to some previews the new game manages to pick up on the brilliant parts of the series. They have also done the Risen-series, but I could never get into those games. However, the Gothic-games are still among the best experiences I've had being a gamer. In terms of style the game is similar to the "The Elder Scrolls"-series but less polished. I always preferred the Gothic-games to The Elder Scrolls as they might not have been that brilliant from a technical point of view, but they had a lot more heart in my view...

Other than that, I might have a look at Middle Earth whatever and Assassin's Creed Origins. Not too excited about either of them, but might get them if they're good. That said, this post was about letting people know that they should by Elex... ;)

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #101 on: October 3, 2017, 02:49:42 pm »
Still playing Zelda on the switch. Truly great game. I love it, the kids love it (3 & 5) and the wife broadly tolerates it.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 3, 2017, 03:42:42 pm »
Danganronpa v3. Amazing series.

Hell yeah.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #103 on: December 9, 2017, 01:56:44 am »
Picked up Observer for £15 in a flash sale. It's one disturbing game - really hits the cyberpunk horror mark it's aiming for. Not sure I'd say I'm 'liking' it but it's gripping and really creates atmosphere. It is all about the setting and the point-and-clickish detective story in a haunted house. Rutger Hauer voicing your character really rounds the circle off where some of the grimmer aspects of Neuromancer give a nod to Bladerunner's styling. Dark, dark game.

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 9, 2017, 11:02:09 am »
Ark: Survival Evolved

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: December 9, 2017, 02:50:49 pm »
The Last Guardian,camera can be a bit wonky from time to time,but its a good game overall.Giving me vertigo in some parts.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 9, 2017, 04:32:44 pm »
Back to Zelda now the the DLC is out, and PUBG

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2017, 11:32:57 pm »
At any given time I am rotating between 3 or 4 games, where I'll play 1 for a week then go to the next for a week and so on and so forth, my current games are,

The Witcher 3, don't think I'll ever finish it, what a masterpiece.
Skyrim:Special Edition, again, what can I say that hasn't already been said?
The Division, the new 1.8 update has breathed new life into the game, worth checking out.
Battlefield 1, picked up the Premium pass for £12, still for me the best FPS around at the moment.
Watch Dogs 2, another criminally underrated title.
Elite Dangerous, looks stunning in 4k on the Xbox One X.

On my to do list are Wolfenstein 2, which I picked up in the Xbox Black Friday sale, and Mass Effect:Andromeda from EA Access, and a smattering of indie titles.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2017, 10:33:38 am »
At any given time I am rotating between 3 or 4 games, where I'll play 1 for a week then go to the next for a week and so on and so forth, my current games are,

The Witcher 3, don't think I'll ever finish it, what a masterpiece.
Skyrim:Special Edition, again, what can I say that hasn't already been said?
The Division, the new 1.8 update has breathed new life into the game, worth checking out.
Battlefield 1, picked up the Premium pass for £12, still for me the best FPS around at the moment.
Watch Dogs 2, another criminally underrated title.
Elite Dangerous, looks stunning in 4k on the Xbox One X.

On my to do list are Wolfenstein 2, which I picked up in the Xbox Black Friday sale, and Mass Effect:Andromeda from EA Access, and a smattering of indie titles.

Those 3 plus COD WWII are what I'm playing at the minute. All 4 are very good games

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2017, 11:17:55 am »
Those 3 plus COD WWII are what I'm playing at the minute. All 4 are very good games
I couldn't get into Cod WW2, which is a shame.
Currently playing Skyrim Remastered and LEGO The Hobbit. If I got time, which is never, I fire up my old trusted computer and play some Starcraft Remastered or one of the Total War games. Currently it's Medieval 2.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2017, 10:47:20 pm »
After a few months on FIFA 18 I’m back on NBA2K18 and Sonic Mania before I get Mario Odyssey and Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy for Christmas [emoji41]

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2017, 10:10:49 pm »
Doing a full Dishonoured series play through, as I got Death of the Outsider in the Steam sales. Currently running around on a low chaos Daud run. Do love this series but I've never really managed to find a happy middle ground between the pure stealth runs and the 'may as well kill everything' ones. The latter just seem to be so easy that I end up concocting complex mine traps just to keep myself interested.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2017, 03:09:17 am »
Skyrim in VR.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2017, 12:02:51 pm »
NBA 2K18 and Mario Odyssey at the min.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2017, 02:07:17 pm »
Doing a full Dishonoured series play through, as I got Death of the Outsider in the Steam sales. Currently running around on a low chaos Daud run. Do love this series but I've never really managed to find a happy middle ground between the pure stealth runs and the 'may as well kill everything' ones. The latter just seem to be so easy that I end up concocting complex mine traps just to keep myself interested.

I couldn't connect with Dishonoured for some reason that I don't understand.  I got out of the prison and got as far as around half way through the first assassination mission and just dumped it.  I might give it another try in a few weeks (might just have been in the wrong mood for it).  Too absorbed in Pcars2 though at the moment.  Loving it to the point of considering shelling out for some overpriced VR bollocks.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2017, 03:18:59 pm »
Smashing the life out of Forza 7 at the moment online.
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2017, 03:38:38 pm »
I couldn't connect with Dishonoured for some reason that I don't understand.  I got out of the prison and got as far as around half way through the first assassination mission and just dumped it.  I might give it another try in a few weeks (might just have been in the wrong mood for it).  Too absorbed in Pcars2 though at the moment.  Loving it to the point of considering shelling out for some overpriced VR bollocks.

I have to be in the right mood for Arkane's games too to be honest. There's a really odd balance at work with them which forces you to pretty much restrict how you play without ever really being rewarded for it ingame other than for the ultimate ending. More about the atmosphere created than the gameplay itself, I guess? Just taking the time to listen in to conversations or take in the views of the city while poking about away from the main storyline. I've just started my first run of D2, finally have a system which can do it justice (talk about optimisation...) - didn't even load on my old 1055T. Is a very pretty game. Still considering whether Reshade can improve on it.

Never got into racing games. Am eyeing up a HOTAS system though, stupidly bought Elite again and it's downhill from there.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2017, 11:20:10 am »
I’m late to it but only just started playing Overwatch. So addictive.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2017, 01:35:03 pm »
LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 is great for some relaxing gameplay during the holidays.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2017, 05:28:49 pm »
I have finally got around to play ME Andromeda and in a couple of years time I may even get to play Wild hunt and then Fallout 4,the days where I could put 5hr stints into a game are long gone   :-[
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill