The Liverpool FC Forum > Anfield Stadium

Kop to be expanded ...

<< < (2/59) > >>

oojason:

A shame they're not re-angling the sides of the back of 304 & 306 too a little (just 45 degrees or so?) - as to give the fans up there by an unrestricted view of the pitch.

Though good we're getting more fans on the Kop :)

poopscoop:
A lot of cost for very little gain, in my opinion. I appreciate a good job was done incorporating the existing MS into the new main stand but don't believe the same rule should apply to the Kop - unless it significantly increases capacity and improves sight lines and accessibility for fans.
I'd sooner see an enhanced purpose built Anny Road end to deliver increased capacity. As or when permission is granted to look at the Kop end it should be done without the make do and mend philosophy that we currently have. It's not like its a historic structure or anything - that went 20-odd years ago.

Alan_X:

--- Quote from: poopscoop on March 15, 2017, 01:55:48 pm ---A lot of cost for very little gain, in my opinion. I appreciate a good job was done incorporating the existing MS into the new main stand but don't believe the same rule should apply to the Kop - unless it significantly increases capacity and improves sight lines and accessibility for fans.
I'd sooner see an enhanced purpose built Anny Road end to deliver increased capacity. As or when permission is granted to look at the Kop end it should be done without the make do and mend philosophy that we currently have. It's not like its a historic structure or anything - that went 20-odd years ago.

--- End quote ---

It's a short term fix to mitigate the loss of seats when they improve the number of wheelchair accessible seats. And rebuilding the Kop on the existing footprint would reduce capacity because of current guidance on seat spacing. The Anfield Road expansion is a completely separate issue and a new build from scratch would also have a lower capacity for the same reason - current legislation.

Giovanni:

--- Quote from: oojason on March 14, 2017, 11:33:48 pm ---
Though good we're getting more fans on the Kop :)

--- End quote ---
There'll be less

kopite321:

--- Quote from: Giovanni on March 15, 2017, 02:52:08 pm ---There'll be less

--- End quote ---

How do you work that out mate?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version