Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 166310 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #200 on: November 30, 2016, 10:07:20 am »
Only 3 draws as well.  Crazy that we aren't on top after a run like that.  Enjoying every minute of it though.

Especially considering we beat the team above us at their place.

Shades of 08-09 haunt me.  Best form out of the other members of the then "big four" and only two defeats all season, but we still managed to only finish second thanks to that Spurs-esque string of draws.  :butt

I'm enjoying this season because we got traction very quickly, but there will always be nerves.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #201 on: November 30, 2016, 10:18:27 am »
Crazy that we aren't on top after a run like that.

Not really. We'd have been top last season but not the four before that.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #202 on: November 30, 2016, 02:13:50 pm »

Interesting take. First half of 2010-11 was so hard to take. Lowest I've probably been as an LFC fan. Was hard to watch

It was pure misery, seriously. Having the Owl as manager and some people believing he was the right man to "steady the ship"... it's absolutely baffling. Thankfully things started to improve after the return of King Kenny, slowly but surely.

First half of 2014-15 was grim as well, the hangover from the 13/14 season ending, with Suarez no longer being at the club and Sturridge getting injured after we bossed Tottenham at White Hart Lane.

I'd say 14/15 started horribly and ended horribly. The only decent stretch was when we had that run of good results somewhere in the middle - but even that one ended badly with two losses in a row.
And don't even get me started on those last couple of games. Ugh.

Thankfully, things are a lot better right now ;D

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2016, 02:47:31 pm »
Enjoying most of the time though our inability to break down teams that park the bus is sometimes frustrating - ManU and Southhampton type of games.

Much more relaxed though and can see a CL place at the least, and a challenge for the title till the end.
Doubters to Believers

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: November 30, 2016, 02:49:00 pm »
I don't know what it is, but I love it!

;D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #205 on: November 30, 2016, 03:09:25 pm »
It was pure misery, seriously. Having the Owl as manager and some people believing he was the right man to "steady the ship"... it's absolutely baffling. Thankfully things started to improve after the return of King Kenny, slowly but surely.

ill admit  i thought he would steady us but it didnt take too long to work out i was wrong

the home game with bolton i actually considered wanting to lose to get him out. if someone said that to me in the past id have gone through them. i was that disillusioned
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #206 on: November 30, 2016, 04:06:18 pm »
ill admit  i thought he would steady us but it didnt take too long to work out i was wrong

the home game with bolton i actually considered wanting to lose to get him out. if someone said that to me in the past id have gone through them. i was that disillusioned

I remember being at the Blackburn away game and the whole crowd was chanting to Roy "you're getting sacked in the morning" was a low for me as a fan but I think it needed to be said/sung.

Really enjoying this season, always feel like we are going to score so don't  have those meltdowns that seem to be prevelant on Twitter etc.

I take 4th+ to be in the bag and a title challenge would be great coming into April/May. I do wonder how we will cope next season with CL and the expectation of potentially another title challenge too, I don't want to become an Arsenal who see CL qualification year in year out as the be all and end all.

Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #207 on: November 30, 2016, 04:07:14 pm »
I really am but what the fuck is up with these sunday games?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #208 on: November 30, 2016, 04:12:54 pm »
I really am but what the fuck is up with these sunday games?

Are we getting more televised games?
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2016, 04:16:45 pm »
Have a feeling we're going into the next few games winning by attrition. Sign of a good team and something we've been lacking for donkeys.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2016, 04:22:07 pm »
We currently have an aura about us that we never look out of the game. Similar to what Utd had under Fergie for all those years, score at any minute.

One game at a time but each one will be as hard as the next one. Bournemouth will be really tricky.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Proud of our progress and going in the right direction. Have a beer
« Reply #211 on: December 4, 2016, 03:44:47 pm »
Today is a great opportunity to take a step back from football, be proud of our progress, and trust that we have a strong management team that will be chomping at the bit to work things out on the training field. Setbacks happen - it's how you respond to them.

Go for a pint. Enjoy your Sunday. Don't take it all too seriously.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
Re: Proud of our progress and going in the right direction. Have a beer
« Reply #212 on: December 4, 2016, 03:45:14 pm »
Have two beers
The change is cast

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #213 on: December 4, 2016, 03:45:39 pm »
Have three beers

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 4, 2016, 03:46:40 pm »
Four. Drown your sorrows.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 4, 2016, 03:47:52 pm »
Under Klopp.....every defeat we face, we learn from it. So I am sure he will set stuff right in the next match.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #216 on: December 4, 2016, 03:51:01 pm »
Agreed, we are heading upwards and a few setbacks are bound to happen. Its how we deal with it that counts and that includes us, the fans too.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 4, 2016, 04:01:05 pm »
I don't even need a beer. I still feel totally fine about the way this season is going and will go. Just because a match reminds us of the bad old days every once in a while doesn't mean they're not over.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 4, 2016, 04:06:38 pm »
If anything....this match showed us that we really need a bigger squad if we are to compete in the champions league next season (not counting the chickens yet...but just saying)...

Its hard for some players to handle 2 games in a week especially when playing in a high tempo team.

Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 4, 2016, 04:10:17 pm »
If anything....this match showed us that we really need a bigger squad if we are to compete in the champions league next season (not counting the chickens yet...but just saying)...

Its hard for some players to handle 2 games in a week especially when playing in a high tempo team.

That would be my biggest takeaway from this too.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #220 on: December 4, 2016, 04:12:28 pm »
That would be my biggest takeaway from this too.
Great idea! Have a beer, get a takeaway.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #221 on: December 4, 2016, 04:30:15 pm »
First 14 games this season - 30 points, only 2 losses, 35 goals scored and 18 conceded.

First 14 games last season - 23 points, 3 losses, only 18 goals scored and 15 conceded.

I'd definitely say that was progress. Don't think I'll have a beer after the amount I've already had this weekend, but I'll happily have a nice brew.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 4, 2016, 06:24:44 pm »
Losses nowadays never seem as bad as they used to - sure, it sucks that we collapsed against a hard-working team, but it feels like far less of a bump in the road than it would have been a season or two ago. It's OK to have a few bad results, as long as the overall trajectory is upwards, and that is exactly where it is for us.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2017, 09:10:47 pm »
So when I wrote the OP my feelings were around how high stakes every sodding moment of every sodding match felt. The draw against Sunderland bloody killed me. Today has wiped me out.

Caring this much - as we all do - isn't actually all that pleasant when it's been 27 years.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2017, 09:12:30 pm »
very much so, emotional football. Emotions are not always happy ones.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2017, 09:16:50 pm »
Losses nowadays never seem as bad as they used to - sure, it sucks that we collapsed against a hard-working team, but it feels like far less of a bump in the road than it would have been a season or two ago. It's OK to have a few bad results, as long as the overall trajectory is upwards, and that is exactly where it is for us.

Yeah, the result today was shit, but we're on the up and soon enough we'll be consistently fighting for the title and at the least finishing top four most seasons. Klopp is here for a while, and he's only just starting.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2017, 09:45:54 pm »
Do ye ever feel its too much? After Sunderland and now today I'm just done in and feel like absolute shite. I just can't seem to be able to cope when we loose especially when we were so close to challenging.  All I want this club to do is win the league but i dont think it's ever going to happen. Gone for another year now Gutted!
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2017, 09:46:27 pm »
Despite today I have loved every minute of it. We have a fantastic manager who bit by bit is building this side up and developing it. Our football has on the whole been wonderful to watch, and seeing the way the players have come together has been really uplifting. Love the spirit and it really feels like we are on on our way. Yes there have been downers this season, but its all part of the journey to self-improvement.

I truly believe and that is thanks to our manager who has done a brilliant job in his first full season.  :scarf
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2017, 09:46:53 pm »
Of course.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2017, 10:40:52 pm »
At the moment, no way.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 21, 2017, 10:44:44 pm »
No.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2017, 10:46:15 pm »
Yes otherwise what's the fucking point of being on this forum? Unless it's to be a moaning c*nt of course.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #233 on: January 21, 2017, 10:46:38 pm »
Absolutely.

So proud of my team. After wallowing in mediocrity of upper mid-table for the past two years and being totally irrelevant to what happens at the top of the table we are now right up there with our rivals, we scored the most goals in the division even though when Mane gets back it'll be like two and a half months we weren't able to field our best front 3.

There still so much to look for, Top 4 and a cup would be an amazing season for us and it's only a matter of time before we're able to field our best and most balanced team which will put us into position to make a good run again , take advantage of no European football and achieve our current goals.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2017, 10:50:44 pm »
I am but I hate loosing games you know we are well good enough to win and today was a classic case. I actually think this defeat has come at the right time hopefully one or two will get a grip and improve Can being one.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2017, 10:53:05 pm »
No, having been to Sunderland, Southampton and today (as well as a long drive to Plymouth),  I am losing the will after seeing the same indifference offered on and off the pitch.   I can't go out there and shoot when most of our players don't know what a shot is , but I can sing and shout from the stands (whilst all those around sit /stand in silence).   
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2017, 11:06:13 pm »
I'm loving it despite the occasional blips.  The ups and downs were never going to be smoothed out in one season or after one summer window but the improvements are there and I don't have any doubts that they'll continue.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2017, 11:28:48 pm »
With a full summer and hopefully some new transfers to add to the depth we should be alright. The goals are there.
Seen us win everything

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2017, 11:55:51 pm »
I am totally gutted today, and wouldn't have it any other way.

To paraphrase De Niro in the Untouchables, when you are young you are expected to have enthusiasms... enthusiasms... enthusiasms... but people keep telling you that when you grow up these things won't be so important to you. For example, when I was in my late teens and wildly enthusiastic about extreme metal music, my parents always assured me it was a "phase" that I would "grow out of". I'm sure that my passionate support of Liverpool and Carlton (Aussie Rules) was also expected to fade into a minor diversion. But even in my 40th year and with an infant son and wife (who remains oblivious to the allure of all my aforementioned passions), I still crank the black metal CDs in my car as I agonise over Liverpool fucking up against the division's bottom side. And I am glad I feel this way. Am I enjoying football right at this instant? No, but I value this feeling of desolation. As we get older, more jaded and more isolated, it's great to have these strong feelings to remind me I'm alive.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2017, 12:30:37 am »
Do ye ever feel its too much? After Sunderland and now today I'm just done in and feel like absolute shite. I just can't seem to be able to cope when we loose especially when we were so close to challenging.  All I want this club to do is win the league but i dont think it's ever going to happen. Gone for another year now Gutted!
This pretty much sums it up for me.

I've been getting caught up in it all too much recently myself. Going to try not let results dictate my weekend from now on! Probably best off. As soon as we start to have a bit of success in the league though, I get carried away. Perhaps today is the reality check we needed.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981