Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 576982 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« Reply #4480 on: June 3, 2023, 01:38:14 pm »
It absolutely can  ;D

And given he has already replied to you with a suggestion of Solanke, to me it's pretty obvious what he means and in context, it refers to players coming back as an opposition player.

bollocks!! :)

Let's see if Paul clarifies.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #4481 on: June 3, 2023, 10:54:23 pm »
Ah sorry. I meant as an oppo player.
Was based on someone saying the reception Millie would get and how weird it'd be. I reckon he'd just be ill. But he's too professional.

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4482 on: June 3, 2023, 10:59:21 pm »
Ah sorry. I meant as an oppo player.
Was based on someone saying the reception Millie would get and how weird it'd be. I reckon he'd just be ill. But he's too professional.
thanks Paul.

oh, piss off, Barney.  :)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4483 on: June 3, 2023, 11:02:34 pm »
thanks Paul.

oh, piss off, Barney.  :)

:D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4484 on: June 3, 2023, 11:03:19 pm »

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4485 on: June 14, 2023, 02:26:03 pm »
Officially off to Brighton. Best of luck to the man. https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1668970318054998017?s=20

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4486 on: June 14, 2023, 02:46:11 pm »
Best of luck Millie and thanks for your wonderful contribution over the past eight seasons.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4487 on: June 14, 2023, 02:50:41 pm »
Good luck! Good signing for Brighton too :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4488 on: June 14, 2023, 02:55:41 pm »
Wish him nothing but the best. He's been great for us and this should be a really good move for him.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #4489 on: June 14, 2023, 02:59:48 pm »
best wishes consummate pro - and can kick lumps out of some if need be too  :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4490 on: June 14, 2023, 03:00:18 pm »
Good luck to him, great pro for them to have around for their European adventure.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #4491 on: June 14, 2023, 04:06:07 pm »
Wonder who will take over the fines :D
And winning the lactate test! Hope they say at some point
We are a team of one half.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4492 on: June 14, 2023, 05:57:34 pm »
best wishes consummate pro - and can kick lumps out of some if need be too  :wave
if he comes on at 85 mins for BHA vs us, all our guys will simply stop moving.  :)

all the best to you, James.  you are an example to all of us.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4493 on: June 14, 2023, 06:12:12 pm »
They benefit massively from having him there, he's a great lad & built like a tank.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4494 on: June 14, 2023, 06:19:00 pm »
if he comes on at 85 mins for BHA vs us, all our guys will simply stop moving.  :)

all the best to you, James.  you are an example to all of us.

Our guys will be Milnered!

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4495 on: June 14, 2023, 07:49:19 pm »
Best of luck to him at Brighton

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4496 on: June 14, 2023, 11:00:00 pm »
Cheers with a Ribena to wish you all the best.

Offline Cohiba

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #4497 on: July 10, 2023, 10:04:16 am »
Early preseason seems very strange without seeing pictures of Milner bossing things. Such an incredible servant to the club, who in light of recent events with the three greedy knobs going to earn blood money remains one of my top all time favourite players. I am so glad he kept his scruples, James will do a fantastic job at Brighton, we will give him an outstanding warm welcome when he returns and he will know that he retains the status of being a true Liverpool legend. I raise a glass of ribena to you sir!
Every great achievement
Was believed to be impossible at one time

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4498 on: July 10, 2023, 10:39:33 am »

I've updated the 'Some videos and info on James Milner...' post here:-

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=327186.msg18865699#msg18865699

All the very best to him - and good luck to those Brighton players in those pre-season training tests... ;)

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4499 on: July 10, 2023, 10:46:49 am »
Early preseason seems very strange without seeing pictures of Milner bossing things. Such an incredible servant to the club, who in light of recent events with the three greedy knobs going to earn blood money remains one of my top all time favourite players. I am so glad he kept his scruples, James will do a fantastic job at Brighton, we will give him an outstanding warm welcome when he returns and he will know that he retains the status of being a true Liverpool legend. I raise a glass of ribena to you sir!

The Saudis would probably consider a man of Milner's talents to be beneath their project. They want fancy, big names, not unassuming players who are utterly professional and dedicated to the cause.

It's going to be weird seeing him in a Brighton shirt. :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #4500 on: July 10, 2023, 01:58:26 pm »
So who won the lactate test this first day back just gone?
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4501 on: July 10, 2023, 02:19:16 pm »
So who won the lactate test this first day back just gone?
they might not announce a winner until all of them have done it?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4502 on: December 11, 2023, 05:11:42 pm »
This is well worth a listen too James Milner going through his varied career. It makes me respect him even more than I already did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppmUxFReQT4&pp=ygUYaGlnaCBwZXJmb3JtYW5jZSBwb2RjYXN0

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4503 on: December 13, 2023, 09:01:19 am »
This is well worth a listen too James Milner going through his varied career. It makes me respect him even more than I already did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppmUxFReQT4&pp=ygUYaGlnaCBwZXJmb3JtYW5jZSBwb2RjYXN0

Comes across as thoroughly sound.

Offline daniel.owen89

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4504 on: December 14, 2023, 03:00:20 pm »
Does anyone know the young liverpool player who he is talking about in relation to minor attitude issues?

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #4505 on: December 14, 2023, 03:34:29 pm »
Does anyone know the young liverpool player who he is talking about in relation to minor attitude issues?
Probably Curtis ...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4506 on: December 14, 2023, 05:02:44 pm »
I'd guess Carvalho

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4507 on: December 14, 2023, 05:15:03 pm »
I'd guess Carvalho

That was my first instinct too, but it could be literally anyone.  Musialowski, for example.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #4508 on: December 14, 2023, 05:16:24 pm »
I'd guess Carvalho
Carvalho's been here 5 minutes and been loaned out.  ;D

The way Milly's talking, the perfect description for me is Curtis Jones.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4509 on: December 14, 2023, 05:20:14 pm »
Carvalho's been here 5 minutes and been loaned out.  ;D

The way Milly's talking, the perfect description for me is Curtis Jones.
Maybe.  I just remember Carv's on-field antics pissing me off in one game, and I have to believe he was talked to about it.  Very  un-Liverpool behaviour.  So I'm extrapolating that one incident into an attitude problem. As one does.....

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4510 on: December 14, 2023, 05:42:18 pm »
My guess would be Curtis too considering Milner follows up by saying that he's currently doing well at Liverpool. So can't be Carvalho or any other younger lad.

Curtis has himself said on the Liverpool podcast that there was a period of adjustment from youth to first team - Gerrard, Klopp, and others have had to get into his ear to set things right.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #4511 on: December 15, 2023, 10:01:26 am »
My guess would be Curtis too considering Milner follows up by saying that he's currently doing well at Liverpool. So can't be Carvalho or any other younger lad.

Curtis has himself said on the Liverpool podcast that there was a period of adjustment from youth to first team - Gerrard, Klopp, and others have had to get into his ear to set things right.
Yup.

Remember clearly that post-match interview he and Lallana did after the Villa match during Covid, where he scored his first league goal - Curtis was saying, I'm paraphrashing, that he felt he deserved to play more and was disappointed with lack of game time. Lallana put him straight in his place.

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #4512 on: January 5, 2024, 09:51:48 pm »
Nice insight from James into working with Kopp when he was here with us.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eKBVsFvEAyw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eKBVsFvEAyw</a>

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4513 on: January 5, 2024, 10:09:15 pm »
"I'm just renting a shirt."

The guy is class.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4514 on: January 6, 2024, 11:13:25 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eKBVsFvEAyw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eKBVsFvEAyw</a>

It's cracking that Terry. I watched the whole interview from start to finish because there were genuine insights from Milly into how the team has operated since Klopp was there.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #4515 on: January 6, 2024, 11:25:01 am »
Brilliant stuff. Thanks for posting it Terry

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4516 on: January 6, 2024, 03:36:04 pm »
Great interview

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #4517 on: January 6, 2024, 03:56:13 pm »
Top professional.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4518 on: January 6, 2024, 04:57:29 pm »
Night and day how people see at Milner and Henderson after their departures. Imagine telling that to someone in like 2015.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #4519 on: January 6, 2024, 05:00:09 pm »

Thanks for posting mate, didn't see this. One of my favourite players of the past 10 years and I really hope he returns someday.