Author Topic: Rawk cyclists ride - not 16 July 2016 anymore - CANCELLED  (Read 12086 times)

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Rawk cyclists ride - 16 July 2016
« Reply #40 on: December 7, 2015, 10:09:34 pm »
Only just seen my pm's.You can put my name down as a maybe.I'm waiting for a date to have a little op on my foot so can't commit until i get the date.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: December 8, 2015, 12:01:58 am »
Only just seen my pm's.You can put my name down as a maybe.I'm waiting for a date to have a little op on my foot so can't commit until i get the date.
Done :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #42 on: December 8, 2015, 05:34:44 pm »
An 8 am start is the thought here...any problems with that and I'll make it earlier....ya dig.

Shouldn't be a problem,y'all do organised rides that start earlier than that and you manage to make them.

The train leaves Liverpool around 7.15 am and gets in just on 8.

It would also help those of us who have previous engagements we're unable to get out of.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 8, 2015, 05:55:59 pm »
There's a big difference between peddling a bike and being able to ride a bike.

This is what's putting me off joining in ;D
I can ride a bike, but can I ride a bike...

I like the idea though, so put me down as a maybe :P who knows, I might be able to get myself (and my scoot) in shape by then.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44 on: December 8, 2015, 06:00:34 pm »

I like the idea though, so put me down as a maybe :P who knows, I might be able to get myself (and my scoot) in shape by then.
You're deffo going lad....I want some of your artisanal bread. :lickin
It's a short day Sam...71 miles on quiet flat Cheshire roads....fuckas won't let me abuse them with a trip into Wales. ;D

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 8, 2015, 06:24:47 pm »

Will put you down as going. :P

Cos you can ride a bike, its not a race.

... it might help to have pedals on your bike that don't fall off though...  ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #46 on: December 8, 2015, 07:38:06 pm »

What!!!  >:(

Oh & put me down as a maybe please. I always lurk in the bike forum even if I don't post much  :wave
« Last Edit: December 8, 2015, 07:39:47 pm by Jay797 »

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 8, 2015, 07:47:03 pm »
What!!!  >:(

Oh & put me down as a maybe please. I always lurk in the bike forum even if I don't post much  :wave
;D

It'd be too long for you anyway :P

Will do  :wave

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 9, 2015, 12:33:28 pm »
You're deffo going lad....I want some of your artisanal bread. :lickin
It's a short day Sam...71 miles on quiet flat Cheshire roads....fuckas won't let me abuse them with a trip into Wales. ;D

OK, I'm in :) Putting it in my calendar now...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2015, 04:56:20 pm »
So J. You in or going the wedding? And bump.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2015, 07:45:44 pm »
So J. You in or going the wedding? And bump.
Both, hopefully. :)

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2015, 03:00:27 pm »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2015, 10:33:18 pm »
Put me down for this too please! Haven't been out on the bike in over a month, but just sorted a ride with my mate. Never done more than 60 miles in one outing, so should be a test and something good to work toward in the new year.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2015, 12:37:49 am »
Put me down for this too please! Haven't been out on the bike in over a month, but just sorted a ride with my mate. Never done more than 60 miles in one outing, so should be a test and something good to work toward in the new year.
Done. :wave

Its easy, just don't go for a swim beforehand ;D

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2016, 10:58:54 pm »
Bugger, Im at my sister-in-laws wedding on the 16th July. Only realised as Ive just booked 2 nights at 30 James Street and the date rang a bell. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2016, 08:18:29 am »
Bugger, Im at my sister-in-laws wedding on the 16th July. Only realised as Ive just booked 2 nights at 30 James Street and the date rang a bell. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Thats the third wedding on that date - either its a really popular day or its a wedding full of cyclists!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2016, 08:21:12 am »
Thats the third wedding on that date - either its a really popular day or its a wedding full of cyclists!
Might be y'all be going the same wedding...now that would.interesting, peculiar...bit Twilight Zone.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2016, 01:08:08 pm »
Gotta bump this....

16 June today, one month to go. Are you all still up for this?

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2016, 02:23:13 pm »
I cant make it, going to a wedding that day in Liverpool, so unless you can plan it so we;re back in city centre by noon. I'm oooot

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2016, 04:55:56 pm »
I cant make it, going to a wedding that day in Liverpool, so unless you can plan it so we;re back in city centre by noon. I'm oooot
Im going to a wedding that day too and want to get back earlyish, but lunchtime in Liverpool is cutting it a bit fine i think....and i doubt that a 4am start would be popular!

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2016, 05:43:22 pm »
I'm getting more doubtful by the day. Not enough ride time but too much work and scoff. I'll see.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2016, 06:58:37 pm »
Havn't heard back from anyone who still wants to go.... lets try again:

AA1122
archie
BCCC +1?
Billy 1561 (maybe not anymore?)
blert596
dave 5516
Jay797 (maybe)
Jimmy Conway
monkeyharris
PeterJM (maybe)
redbyrdz
SamAteTheRedAcid
The 92a

Is anyone on the list still up for this? If I don't get at least a couple of 'yes' replies, I'll suggest we move the date or cancel it altogether. Its a bit of travel for quite a few on that list, so I'd rather drop it now than a day before.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2016, 10:30:25 pm »
I'm still up for it, but I'm not really a great contributor to the cyclist thread so more than happy to come along another day if it's better for most people.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2016, 10:42:10 pm »
I'm still up for it, but I'm not really a great contributor to the cyclist thread so more than happy to come along another day if it's better for most people.

Cheers. :)
Most people still need to answer.....

Wonder if a shorter ride later in the year would be better.

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2016, 08:59:07 am »
I can't make it.I've booked a holiday and fly on that day.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2016, 12:34:20 pm »
60/40 against me making this so I'll say no to be safe.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2016, 09:54:05 pm »
but I'm not really a great contributor to the cyclist thread
What's that got to do with it,you are a cyclist and a RAWKite!

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2016, 09:55:35 pm »
I can't make it.I've booked a holiday and fly on that day.

Ok I'll admit, the username change has caught me out. Who are you?

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2016, 09:58:20 pm »
What's that got to do with it,you are a cyclist and a RAWKite!

This is very true, the ride has nothing to do amount of posts in the cyclists thread!

At least I hope not, I'd probably be forced to do a couple of extra laps....

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2016, 10:00:06 pm »
also I'm sure any non RAWKites would be welcome?

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2016, 10:03:03 pm »
also I'm sure any non RAWKites would be welcome?

Mancs should be banned.... :P ;D

However, it's not looking good for it to happen at all now. So far there's really only one vote for it to go ahead on that day.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: July 4, 2016, 11:53:47 am »
Ok, we had only one 'still up for it' vote, three 'no's and lots of no-shows, so I'm cancelling this.

I'd still love to for a Rawk Cyclists Ride to happen sometime.... or even just a meet-up. I'd be nice to see faces of all the cyclists talking to each other on here!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #72 on: July 5, 2016, 04:11:03 pm »
Ok, we had only one 'still up for it' vote, three 'no's and lots of no-shows, so I'm cancelling this.

I'd still love to for a Rawk Cyclists Ride to happen sometime.... or even just a meet-up. I'd be nice to see faces of all the cyclists talking to each other on here!
It's personal, la.

When I organised it everyone was coming from down south and up north.....it's you.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rawk cyclists ride - not 16 July 2016 anymore - CANCELLED
« Reply #73 on: July 5, 2016, 04:15:55 pm »
It's personal, la.

When I organised it everyone was coming from down south and up north.....it's you.

Does that mean you're organising the next one? Sound, cheers. :)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #74 on: July 5, 2016, 04:17:37 pm »
Does that mean you're organising the next one? Sound, cheers. :)
;D....Oh, well played, yer twat. ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 5, 2016, 04:21:30 pm »
;D....Oh, well played, yer twat. ;D

;D

Maybe a short one to ease into it would be good...weekend of November 5th, but not the matchday.

:wave

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #76 on: July 5, 2016, 11:07:27 pm »
Once round Stanley Park would suit me. :-)

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 6, 2016, 12:19:14 am »
Once round Stanley Park would suit me. :-)

From Manchester, over to Liverpool, round Stanley Park, and back? That can be done.

Was hoping we do a prettier route though....

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #78 on: July 6, 2016, 07:46:06 am »
From Manchester, over to Liverpool, round Stanley Park, and back? That can be done.

Was hoping we do a prettier route though....
[emoji12]

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2016, 12:19:39 am »
Apologies for not being around for this. Meant to be didn't even have a wedding as an excuse ;D
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn