The Liverpool FC Forum > Anfield Stadium

Main stand naming rights

<< < (2/37) > >>

CraigDS:

--- Quote from: Rome-77 on August 21, 2015, 10:15:23 am ---if they get the Main stand naming rights sorted . i presume this will be additional money
because the stand as been already fully costed, as people keep telling me.
so i have some ideas where the additional money could go.
guaranty the additional seats in the anfield rd stand, start date 2017 season.
or reduce kop ticket to £30. 
what do you reckon lads     

--- End quote ---

How do you know the sponsorship wasnt included into the original figures?

Anfield89:

--- Quote from: Rome-77 on August 21, 2015, 10:15:23 am ---if they get the Main stand naming rights sorted . i presume this will be additional money
because the stand as been already fully costed, as people keep telling me.
so i have some ideas where the additional money could go.
guaranty the additional seats in the anfield rd stand, start date 2017 season.
or reduce kop ticket to £30. 
what do you reckon lads     

--- End quote ---

For arguments sake because I don't think you have given this much thought, lets just the sponsorship will be extra money and they made Kop tickets £30. Then they woul also have to reduce the season ticket prices and reduce the price of tickets in other stands because they couldn't justify th huge gap in price (Upto £28) for someone watching the exact same match just with a different view.

Rome-77:

--- Quote from: CraigDS on August 21, 2015, 10:25:54 am ---How do you know the sponsorship wasnt included into the original figures?

--- End quote ---

how could it be with no figure or deal yet agreed.

CraigDS:

--- Quote from: Rome-77 on August 21, 2015, 11:07:16 am ---how could it be with no figure or deal yet agreed.

--- End quote ---

The amount of tickets they'd sell for the corps and the GA (at the prices they set) wasn't agreed before construction either...

They'd of had an idea in mind what was both possible and desired for a naming sponsor. This isn't something they've just decided upon now, they'll of been working on it for a long while before deciding to build the stand.

Mr Mingebag Squid:
I don't think that's true at all - I think all of us fans would love the club to go "you know what, that big new TV deal, fuck it - lets use it to make tickets on a fiver"

Sometimes though, you need to take a step back and look at the impact of building a winning team. Where does the transfer fund come from? Where does the wage pool come from? The club's majority of funding comes from the fans - from ticket sales, from merchandise sales and unfortunately, if we want the club to compete on the field, we need to generate funds via tickets.

So what do you want? Cheap seats and watch the team week in week out with players like Konchesky and Poulsen? Or a half decent competitive team? Can't have both.

Now selling off the naming rights to the stand could go towards reducing ticket prices - but would they sell it for enough to make a difference?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version