Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 319259 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #5120 on: October 22, 2021, 08:26:55 pm »
Roma over Lazio any day.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5121 on: October 22, 2021, 08:28:54 pm »
Eusébio cheese clause? Il questo formaggio e non mangiabile, basta!

Otherwise I was thinking about a Rome-Naples draft sometime, maybe we could have a four with those three clubs and Fiorentina to make Lastrador and Drinks Sangria shoe-ins for participation? ;D

I was also thinking an Italian hipster four of clubs edition would be fun. Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina, and Napoli would be tasty!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5122 on: October 22, 2021, 08:29:30 pm »
Roma over Lazio any day.

Roma were in 6 of clubs as well  ;D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5123 on: October 22, 2021, 08:29:56 pm »
Dickhead!

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5124 on: October 22, 2021, 08:31:21 pm »
I was also thinking an Italian hipster four of clubs edition would be fun. Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina, and Napoli would be tasty!

DS' reaction to someone picking Batigol for Roma due to the Scudetto ahead of his first pick would be worth it alone :D
Linudden.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5125 on: October 22, 2021, 08:52:03 pm »

Nah. Italian clubs are kinda overdone. People pick players from these clubs in all the drafts anyways. Maradonna, Batistuta, Conti, Veron we have seen the lot.

A german version would be fun.

Maybe a German one that excludes Bayern, BMG, Dortmund and Hamburg.

Maybe Leverkusen, Schlake, Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg, Sttutgart and Kaiserslautern

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5126 on: October 22, 2021, 08:57:19 pm »
Nah. Italian clubs are kinda overdone. People pick players from these clubs in all the drafts anyways. Maradonna, Batistuta, Conti, Veron we have seen the lot.

A german version would be fun.

Maybe a German one that excludes Bayern, BMG, Dortmund and Hamburg.

Maybe Leverkusen, Schlake, Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg, Sttutgart and Kaiserslautern

I wasn't even thinking of those players. I want Casiraghi, Abel Balbo, Fonseca, and Jose Chamot  :D

I'd be up for a German edition though.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5127 on: October 22, 2021, 09:13:38 pm »
I'm keen to play this if there is space. Thanks.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5128 on: October 22, 2021, 10:26:56 pm »
Schalke, Bremen, Wolfsburg and Stuttgart could be interesting but a little bit out of ideas at the end of those drafts.

For me Atlético, Sevilla, Valencia and Villarreal would be more fun instead. It's a bit more easy to judge them since they had more European success. Also some proper hipster icons (I'm looking at you Riquelme) in those teams :D
Linudden.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5129 on: October 22, 2021, 10:48:20 pm »
So this person must be someone who doesn't actually draft, right? 
Correct.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5130 on: October 22, 2021, 10:57:30 pm »
Correct.

Hmmm...well that narrows it right down.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5131 on: October 22, 2021, 11:00:12 pm »
Can't be Phil M. I know he loves these drafts.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5132 on: October 22, 2021, 11:27:29 pm »
What about 4 of Countries? Spin off from the hugely successful series.  ;D

Same rules applies and we go BIG.

Brazil
Argentina
Italy
Germany

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5133 on: October 22, 2021, 11:28:30 pm »
Even John C can participate in this one.  ;D

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5134 on: October 22, 2021, 11:34:33 pm »
Pfft too easy  ;D

I do believe the overachiever draft, the combination of:

Denmark
Portugal
Sweden
Uruguay

Would lead to the most interesting of those drafts. The smallest countries to have either won the World Cup, taken home three medals or won the Euros. In fact, that'd probably be a really good field to deal with considering the four countries just top about 28 million people together!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 11:40:15 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5135 on: October 22, 2021, 11:49:13 pm »
That's the whole point. We want new people do these and if you over complicate things from the start they're less interested and less likely to want to participate.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5136 on: October 22, 2021, 11:59:46 pm »
Think I prefer the club version. There’s far more possibilities of blocking, stealing and all around fuckery, which makes it all the much more fun.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #5137 on: October 23, 2021, 02:17:35 am »
I didn’t need to be named. Taken as read.

Seconded
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5138 on: October 23, 2021, 02:28:48 am »
As one of the gang of three c*nts, along with lobo and a.n. other, it would be my pleasure to return to the fold in this draft in its present convoluted form. I do remember being pipped in a final by Jersey Kopite (fucking deffo influenced by mod wives...John C, spill the beans) but in truth I've missed you gang of knobheads  :wave
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 02:32:25 am by vivabobbygraham »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5139 on: October 23, 2021, 06:24:37 am »
As one of the gang of three c*nts, along with lobo and a.n. other, it would be my pleasure to return to the fold in this draft in its present convoluted form. I do remember being pipped in a final by Jersey Kopite (fucking deffo influenced by mod wives...John C, spill the beans) but in truth I've missed you gang of knobheads  :wave

At least there’ll be no voting controversy with Grandma Bobby about
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5140 on: October 23, 2021, 10:25:59 am »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5141 on: October 23, 2021, 06:19:50 pm »
Hello old man.  :wave

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5142 on: October 23, 2021, 07:51:45 pm »
That's the whole point. We want new people do these and if you over complicate things from the start they're less interested and less likely to want to participate.
Translation: Samie's brain is fueled on pizza and he doesn't want anything remotely complicated  that could cause him to blow a gasket!!

What was the draft where you a total meltdown?? calling trend every name under the sun and telling him his drafts are crap?!  :lmao the anonymous draft, the club one?!

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5143 on: October 23, 2021, 09:12:08 pm »
So?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #5144 on: October 23, 2021, 10:30:42 pm »
I’ve had a busy couple of weeks but can run one next if needed. Got a new job coming up so might be my last for a while. We got any people are interested in?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5145 on: October 23, 2021, 11:19:12 pm »
Translation: Samie's brain is fueled on pizza and he doesn't want anything remotely complicated  that could cause him to blow a gasket!!

What was the draft where you a total meltdown?? calling trend every name under the sun and telling him his drafts are crap?!  :lmao the anonymous draft, the club one?!

Was gonna say there’s no danger of that now :D

Maybe we can confuse him with a ‘literally pick any player ever’ draft

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5146 on: October 23, 2021, 11:27:35 pm »
You're one of the main reason why I want to give up doing drafts all together especially football ones. 

Funny you keep mocking me behind a keyboard I assure you that you wouldn't be doing that face to face.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5147 on: October 24, 2021, 12:08:01 am »
Well, that settles who was behind the infamous "ban this three c*nts" message to John.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5148 on: October 24, 2021, 10:39:09 am »
Well, that settles who was behind the infamous "ban this three c*nts" message to John.

Who's the third one?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5149 on: October 24, 2021, 12:32:10 pm »
I reckon Claus, even though he’s already banned ;)

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5150 on: October 24, 2021, 03:43:25 pm »
Who's the third one?
Not sure, but I shortlisted myself as a strong candidate.  ;D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5151 on: October 24, 2021, 04:22:55 pm »
Samie has nothing to do with Cuntgate :)

Up the Reds.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5152 on: October 24, 2021, 04:23:21 pm »
Samie has nothing to do with Cuntgate :)

Up the Reds.

We'll keep eliminating posters till we get to the bottom of this.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5153 on: October 24, 2021, 08:39:22 pm »
Yep, Hazell's next. He's been suspiciously quiet ever since cuntgate surfaced.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5154 on: October 24, 2021, 09:36:10 pm »

Great idea!

Was it !! Amy !!? Sounds like something she’d say.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5155 on: October 24, 2021, 09:40:06 pm »
Great idea!

Was it !! Amy !!? Sounds like something she’d say.
you've got 44 thousand and 68 guesses left.

Do you want to phone a friend?

Phone Claus you say ......?

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5156 on: October 26, 2021, 05:51:25 pm »
It's all a waiting game here it seems ;D

Any takers for a Portugal/Atlantic Spain draft? In effect: any player representing a Portuguese club or the Atlantic regions of Spain's clubs a minimum of 26 league appearances in either Portugal or those regions of Spain. In effect Portugal's big three, Braga, Las Palmas, Tenerife, Celta, Deportivo, Oviedo, Sporting Gijón, Racing Santander, Athletic, Real Sociedad, Alavés and Osasuna or a smaller club in their respective regions who have played in La Liga such as Compostela or Eibar. Of course, smaller Portuguese clubs might have had some gems, who knows? The region of Navarre is not on the Atlantic proper, but ends a few miles away from the coast and is part of the greater Basque-speaking region anyway so I'll include it.

That's a bit more than just a Portuguese draft but still challenging enough.

With these criteria Ronaldo is eliminated because he played 25 league games for Sporting :wave We could choose to include all players being born or raised in those areas too though.

I'd love to host it but depends on interest. I think the challenge can be quite a fun one and we have enough hipster clubs in there to make it work. There's a total of 17 million inhabitants, some legendary players featured and quite many trophies won on the west and north coast of the Iberian peninsula after all!

Anyone wants to start a non-footie draft ahead, no problem!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 06:22:02 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5157 on: October 27, 2021, 06:03:08 pm »
It seems there's little appetite for drafting at the moment mate. People are probably a bit burnout. Give it a few weeks and the junkies will come back like those zombies in World War Z.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5158 on: October 27, 2021, 06:04:07 pm »
Samies in prison for coming round mine and beating me up, and I’m gonna be in hospital for a good few weeks yet, so we’ve both got plenty of free time.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5159 on: October 27, 2021, 06:15:03 pm »
Samies in prison for coming round mine and beating me up, and I’m gonna be in hospital for a good few weeks yet, so we’ve both got plenty of free time.
Was he as big and hard as he claimed?