Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 314623 times)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #5080 on: October 21, 2021, 09:28:42 pm »
A wrestling draft ...... Something Awful will love this ........ oh, wait ...
The one draft that was made for him where his persona could get away with drawing heat!

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5081 on: October 21, 2021, 10:00:32 pm »
Hahahaha
I've been on RAWK since 2006 and putting memory aside I don't think I ever even posted or popped back in here for 14/15 years until recently.

Could I fuck attempt anything you all can do, never mind find the time.

Trend said something about why did drafts become dangerous, it a subject never ever discussed within the Mods, we're not arsed. It's issues within it that put it on our radar.

But for some reason they all despise the wrestling thread.
Giving secrets away here.
Like the Dr Who thread, the wrestling thread is another thread I wouldn't dream of visiting - it's only when abuse and anger starts to get reported that we'd peer in. Hence ........ although I don't think I was to blame for that initial one.

Before I disappear for another 15 years I'll probably be intrigued to pop in a few more times.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5082 on: October 21, 2021, 10:13:33 pm »

Well, you're always welcome to have a go one day! As if any of us have the time to draft ourselves. We're all doing it while we pretend to do our real jobs  ;D 

Casting all the way back to RAWKs first ever draft, a mod by the name of Armin not only took part but also won the whole thing!

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=223666.msg4514783#msg4514783

RoyHendo and Claire have even drafted way back in the past. Half the forum has proably partaken in one at one stage or other!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5083 on: October 21, 2021, 10:51:28 pm »
That's a challenge I'd fail in Betty.
Since an "issue" about 3 drafts ago I wouldn't know what happened before then. The last 3 (Nick won one I recall?) and in particular the last one demonstrated amazing knowledge or at least ability to conduct detailed research.

Here's a fun fact and a bit of context though :)

I got quite a few pm's after 'last week'.

One person highlighted 3 drafters and said this place would be better off without those 3 c*nts. (no, you wasn't named Nick)
Another suggested we remove drafts from the site altogether.

All with the best interest of RAWK of course.

;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5084 on: October 21, 2021, 10:58:39 pm »
I can't believe I've never tried to headhunt you for a draft John. I've done pretty much all the best have to offer on RAWK. Some have accepted it and some have promised to in the future.  ;D

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5085 on: October 21, 2021, 11:05:16 pm »

Yes, that last one was a bit extreme to be fair! We also do sometimes do the classics like all-time English league or Serie A drafts. But we've all done so many of those that the research angle is how many of us get our kicks these days. You're probably better off out of it. Drafts are worse than crack.

Uh oh, I'm saying nothing  :-X

Drafting has been our pseudo RAWK fall out shelter for yonks. It was the only thing that kept most of us going in the Hodgson era. Please spare us  ;D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5086 on: October 21, 2021, 11:26:50 pm »
How about my rebooted 4 of Clubs Draft?  :wave

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5087 on: October 21, 2021, 11:39:27 pm »
Since an "issue" about 3 drafts ago I wouldn't know what happened before then. The last 3 (Nick won one I recall?) and in particular the last one demonstrated amazing knowledge or at least ability to conduct detailed research.

One person highlighted 3 drafters and said this place would be better off without those 3 c*nts. (no, you wasn't named Nick)

;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5088 on: October 22, 2021, 07:20:12 am »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5089 on: October 22, 2021, 07:34:04 am »
How about my rebooted 4 of Clubs Draft?  :wave

All the XI have had to play for that number of teams I suppose? :wave
Linudden.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5090 on: October 22, 2021, 07:56:33 am »

;D

I didn’t need to be named. Taken as read.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5091 on: October 22, 2021, 10:36:42 am »
I didn’t need to be named. Taken as read.

Nick trusts me with posting his XI's therefore he must be a good man :wave
Linudden.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #5092 on: October 22, 2021, 02:07:31 pm »
I know there are a few ideas floating around atm, but I’ve thought of a bit of a chilled out footy draft if anyone fancied it some time.

Basically it’s taking the simulation aspect of Linudden’s latest idea and combining it with the classic blind auction draft from a few years ago - where everybody is given a transfer budget and must try to build their team, whilst trying to outwit others in a hidden bidding war.

To make it easier/fairer for everyone, I could provide a link of all available in game players (with their detailed stats etc) and then proceed to have say 14 rounds with the potential to sign 11 starters & 3 subs - or in some cases 14 chances to sign at least one player ;D

Once the drafting has finished I would send a basic tactics template out for everybody to fill in e.g Possession or Counter Attack (I could provide this before so people can have an idea of how they may want to build their team) and they would return it in secret to prevent any copying ;)

I’d then edit the teams with drafters’ lineups / tactics and would sim a single league season, a cup and the super cup to see who comes out on top! Obviously I wouldn’t be taking part as the host, but it would need a full 16 to achieve a league. Picks would only be needed once every 24 hours though, so hopefully that would entice people to join - potentially even the old school posters who can’t commit anymore due to their time zones?

I reckon we could even twist John C’s arm to join in with this sort of one ;D as you could put as little or as much effort in as you wanted!
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5093 on: October 22, 2021, 02:21:29 pm »
You have definitely done draft's outside of RAWK.  ;D

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5094 on: October 22, 2021, 04:05:56 pm »

So this person must be someone who doesn't actually draft, right?  Why would you want to reduce the draft pool if you take part in all of these hijinks.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #5095 on: October 22, 2021, 04:09:16 pm »
You have definitely done draft's outside of RAWK.  ;D

You could say I know a thing or two about a good draught…

I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5096 on: October 22, 2021, 04:16:03 pm »
So this person must be someone who doesn't actually draft, right?  Why would you want to reduce the draft pool if you take part in all of these hijinks.

Maybe they were trying to eliminate their 3 biggest draft adversaries. I reckon it was Hazell right after I took Redondo.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5097 on: October 22, 2021, 05:02:34 pm »
4 of Clubs v2 Draft. Anyone want to play?

The first versions of 4,5 and 6 of Clubs had the big, big teams. I 'm thinking this time  teams like:

Arsenal
Valencia
Borussia Dortmund
PSV

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5098 on: October 22, 2021, 06:31:29 pm »
Sure Samie count me in  :wave I love nostalgia trips of the likes of Benfica, Lazio, Schalke and Deportivo! Make sure to bring a diverse range of clubs in and then it'll be tremendous.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 06:34:23 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #5099 on: October 22, 2021, 07:13:56 pm »
Aye what the hell. I've got the draft bug at the minute

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5100 on: October 22, 2021, 07:24:58 pm »
Oh i see samie has lost his pots and chickened out of running the survivor series draft. Is he about to actually run a draft here??

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5101 on: October 22, 2021, 07:25:31 pm »
Right, the simple rules of the 4 of Clubs draft is that your Starting XI has to have representatives of all 4 clubs in there and said players career at the club and what they won is judged.

It's a first come first take basis.

If a player you want played for more than one of those clubs then you pick which version you're picking and that's what we judge him on.  I.E if you pick Ronaldo of Real Madrid over Inter Milan's version we judge him on his time at Real Madrid.

No more than 3 players per team.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5102 on: October 22, 2021, 07:26:08 pm »
Oh i see samie has lost his pots and chickened out of running the survivor series draft. Is he about to actually run a draft here??

You know me mate, i don't do that.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5103 on: October 22, 2021, 07:30:45 pm »
You know me mate, i don't do that.
surprised you're able to get out of bed in the morning

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5104 on: October 22, 2021, 07:32:59 pm »
Right, the simple rules of the 4 of Clubs draft is that your Starting XI has to have representatives of all 4 clubs in there and said players career at the club and what they won is judged.

It's a first come first take basis.

If a player you want played for more than one of those clubs then you pick which version you're picking and that's what we judge him on.  I.E if you pick Ronaldo of Real Madrid over Inter Milan's version we judge him on his time at Real Madrid.

No more than 3 players per team.
:D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5105 on: October 22, 2021, 07:38:12 pm »
I recognise only one Ronaldo mate.  :D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5106 on: October 22, 2021, 07:39:48 pm »
I recognise only one Ronaldo mate.  :D
no ones taking their individual club careers into consideration!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5107 on: October 22, 2021, 07:40:58 pm »
To be honest for those series of drafts we did. I'm sure you were involved in those. It's called 4 of Clubs. It's sequels were 5 and 6 of Clubs.  ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5108 on: October 22, 2021, 07:50:24 pm »
To be honest for those series of drafts we did. I'm sure you were involved in those. It's called 4 of Clubs. It's sequels were 5 and 6 of Clubs.  ;D
Well if so that's easy for the big name players for the big name clubs. will be interesting to see if people take into account players individual careers at the lesser clubs

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5109 on: October 22, 2021, 07:51:23 pm »
To be fair Ronaldo was a right beast at PSV too  :D
Linudden.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5110 on: October 22, 2021, 07:56:29 pm »
To be fair Ronaldo was a right beast at PSV too  :D
probably why psv and arsenal shouldn't be on the list. the top 4 picks get ronaldo, romario, henry and bergkamp, the rest get shite

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5111 on: October 22, 2021, 08:00:25 pm »
probably why psv and arsenal shouldn't be on the list. the top 4 picks get ronaldo, romario, henry and bergkamp, the rest get shite

Yep, much better to choose more hipster clubs like Lazio for this.

In any case, PSV, Valencia, Arsenal AND Dortmund were all in the 6 of clubs draft  :D

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #5112 on: October 22, 2021, 08:05:26 pm »
What about capital Cities?

Chelsea
PSG
Lazio
Atletico Madrid.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5113 on: October 22, 2021, 08:05:40 pm »
Mutherfucker! I knew that.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5114 on: October 22, 2021, 08:11:56 pm »
Name of the title mate "FOUR OF CLUBS".

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5115 on: October 22, 2021, 08:14:38 pm »
Right mate, I thought the drafter would pick four out of a larger group of teams for your XI but then again my custom title in Welsh is that I'm a silly fool so makes sense I misunderstood that concept so removed that post from existence unless someone was too quick on the screenshot button ;D

Okay then. My suggestion would be four clubs of perennial near-missers, four countries, no Ingurland in sight:

Dortmund
Lazio
Marseille
Valencia
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 08:17:13 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5116 on: October 22, 2021, 08:17:32 pm »
Right mate, I thought the drafter would pick four out of a larger group of teams for your XI but then again my custom title in Welsh is that I'm a silly fool so makes sense I misunderstood that concept ;D

Okay then. My suggestion would be four clubs of perennial near-missers, four countries, no Ingurland in sight:

Dortmund
Lazio
Marseille
Valencia

We've done 3 out of 4 of those already. Lazio is a good one though. I'd maybe go 5 of clubs instead and go for some weaker clubs this time. Some variation of these -

Lazio/Parma
Deportivo/Sevilla
Leeds/Spurs/Everton (lol)
Monaco/Lyon/Boardeaux
Leverkusen

Could also consider Sporting Lisbon (Benfica could be problematic with Eusebio there), Celtic or Rangers, and Feyenoord.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5117 on: October 22, 2021, 08:20:02 pm »
I think Benfica works well, lots of quality players have spent time there. Obviously a problem there is that people's perceptions of Ederson, Dias and Di María on one end and Lazar Markovic on the other have been shaped by their post-Benfica careers though.

Lazio seems like a slam dunk without any true global legends but plenty of shining jewels.

Monaco would be a cool choice on your list, as would Sevilla.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 08:22:34 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5118 on: October 22, 2021, 08:20:52 pm »
I think Benfica works well, lots of quality players have spent time there. Obviously a problem there is that people's perceptions of Ederson, Dias on one end and Lazar Markovic on the other have been shaped by their post-Benfica careers though.

Monaco would be a cool choice though.

Eusebio though. Major advantage to first pick.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5119 on: October 22, 2021, 08:21:53 pm »
Eusébio cheese clause? Il questo formaggio e non mangiabile, basta!

Otherwise I was thinking about a Rome-Naples draft sometime, maybe we could have a four with those three clubs and Fiorentina to make Lastrador and Drinks Sangria shoe-ins for participation? ;D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 08:25:56 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.