Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 319830 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #4920 on: August 18, 2021, 03:22:16 pm »
Technically Mourinho is done, he just does not know it yet.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4921 on: August 18, 2021, 03:23:30 pm »
Go ahead mate.  :D

What about our old boss Ged or Hector Coupet?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4922 on: August 18, 2021, 03:27:06 pm »
I think 14s probably enough....lets be honest, we'll probably end up with about 6 people playing :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4923 on: August 18, 2021, 03:29:20 pm »
Well we've had a break for a bit, many of us are revitalised so it may be more now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4924 on: August 18, 2021, 04:57:38 pm »
Clough deserves to be off the list since he was a massive cnt.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4925 on: August 18, 2021, 05:27:26 pm »
I’m revitalised, let’s send Samie out on the first round like it’s tradition.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4926 on: August 18, 2021, 06:26:05 pm »
I've taken my reactivity break and am prepared to behave with grace and generosity for all.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4927 on: August 18, 2021, 06:39:36 pm »
Get the thread going lets do this

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4928 on: August 19, 2021, 04:58:46 am »
I am down for this well.

Ottmar Hitzfeld is an additional manager suggestion.

Helenio Herrera is another one as well, Managed Inter Milan, Barcelona, Roma etc.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 05:04:10 am by Max_powers »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #4929 on: August 19, 2021, 09:26:25 am »
Let's get cracking
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4930 on: August 19, 2021, 09:29:15 am »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4931 on: August 31, 2021, 07:07:06 pm »
So with the international break, whose up for another potential draft after this one ends?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4932 on: September 2, 2021, 08:48:19 pm »
Manager's who've never won a top tier trophy. 

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4933 on: September 2, 2021, 11:30:21 pm »
Trend's Creative Football Draft (TCREFD)

16 categories having to adhere to one strategy - For example, each manager get assigned one of these criteria

Option 1.  Pick at least 9 players who are naturally left footed. 
Option 2.  Pick a side where half of the players have played other positions (25 game min)
Option 3.  Pick a side where every player has played at least 25 games in 4 of the 5 countries (Spain, Italy, France, England, and Germany)
Option 4.  Pick a side where every player is 6' tall or taller (no Burnley players)
Option 5.  Pick a side where the players have either never received a red card or have less than 10 total career yellows in all competitions
Option 6.  Pick a side where pace is the most valuable quality equal to finishing, ball playing, ball winning, and interceptions
Option 7.  Pick a side full of National team players wearing the color blue as their primary color
Option 8.  Pick a side full of Club players wearing their home jerseys are green, yellow or purple (no more than 5 from one club)
Option 9.  Pick a side where the manager and club player are from the same foreign country playing abroad
Option 10 Pick a side where you may not pick the same position (i.e. CB, MF, F) in back to back positions - Legal (CB, F, CB, CM, F, GK, CM, LB, CM, RB, CM)   Illegal (CB, CB etc..)
Option 11 Pick a side where the transfer fee is either 50% of the Players value in either direction (up or down).
Option 12 Pick a side where the players chosen are born in only the months of April, January and July
Option 13 Pick a side where you have to have 1 player born on each of the following continents (no more than 3 per continent) --- S America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and N. America
Option 14 Pick a side where the players last name or most common name starts with or ends with an A or O
Option 15 Pick a side where the manager has to use one of the following formations  4-5-1 or 3-6-1 or 2-7-1 creativity bonus if players fit the system
Option 16 Pick ------------->  Wildcard (manager gets to choose from the other 15).

Each manager gets assigned a topic
They get 1 day to develop a list --- (see me if the topic needs to be expanded with criteria)
Randomize the draft order and get the draw made
Let the draft begin

I'll make a signup page if we get some interest

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #4934 on: September 3, 2021, 08:06:31 am »
I'll have a go
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4935 on: September 3, 2021, 09:39:02 am »
Whoa Trend. What do you do to get to these ideas?  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4936 on: September 3, 2021, 09:43:31 am »
Blimey!

Yeah in for this, I do like a proper complex Trend draft.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4937 on: September 3, 2021, 10:13:38 am »
I’m in. Wouldn’t want to miss out on another Samie meltdown.

How will it work for players who overlap several of those categories if it’s not a snake pick format?

Edit - ignore that! Think it will be a snake draft. You’re just mistakenly assuming we’ll all out a list together. :D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4938 on: September 3, 2021, 12:38:34 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4939 on: September 3, 2021, 12:41:38 pm »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4940 on: September 3, 2021, 02:06:27 pm »
What have you been smoking, Trend?  ;D

I think some of these may need some tweaking if you don't mind me saying.

e.g. Option 10 (no back to back picks in the same poition) is a really nice concept for a whole draft, but is way too open compared to the other categories since every player ever could be picked here with no huge restrictions. Conversely, Option 3 (played in 4 from 5 of the big league) looks almost impossible to my eyes. I can't even think of one right now! Perhaps if it were played in 5 different countries? Also Option 11 (50% of transfer fee) looks a bit restrictive in time period, since transfermarkt doesn't seem to have any player valuations pre-2004.

Not trying to pick apart the idea by the way. Just good to make sure no-one feels hamstrung.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4941 on: September 3, 2021, 03:08:09 pm »
Si senor

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4942 on: September 3, 2021, 03:10:09 pm »
That red/yellow cards one as well, fucking hell that'll take some searching!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4943 on: September 3, 2021, 05:33:58 pm »
Fair enough lads - will take a look at the more harsh categories and recalibrate

Opinions welcomed  - will get on it this evening
« Last Edit: September 3, 2021, 07:51:05 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4944 on: September 3, 2021, 09:11:17 pm »
Sign me up. Echo the points about some of these categories needing a nerf or buff to make them all equally difficult.

I want the Purple, Yellow and Green jersey category. Some amazing potential for creating a team for RAWK hipsters.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4945 on: September 3, 2021, 09:46:14 pm »
Sign me up. Echo the points about some of these categories needing a nerf or buff to make them all equally difficult.

I want the Purple, Yellow and Green jersey category. Some amazing potential for creating a team for RAWK hipsters.

Ian Culverhouse, Rob Ullathorne, Ian Butterworth and Spencer Prior are a lock for that team.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4946 on: September 3, 2021, 10:32:58 pm »
Ian Culverhouse, Rob Ullathorne, Ian Butterworth and Spencer Prior are a lock for that team.

Imagine picking them and the opposition team has Luis Suarez.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4947 on: September 3, 2021, 11:19:54 pm »
Imagine picking them and the opposition team has Luis Suarez.

No sweat, he played in green:

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4948 on: September 5, 2021, 03:58:30 pm »
What happened to Trends draft?

Something I was thinking about the other day, and it would need a lot of brains plotting it and making it work…

A draft where all the players construct the teams together in a Snake format. Every team rotates to a new drafter every pick, so you are kind of all working together. However everyone will have roles and restrictions, and some people will be attempting to sabotage it all. Very basic plan so far, but maybe one to build on. 
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4949 on: September 5, 2021, 06:51:07 pm »
I think we may have done something like that previously. Bett's will know though, ask him.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4950 on: September 8, 2021, 08:18:49 pm »
Draft Idea

- Players selected that have only played in clubs within their nation of birth

[initially i wanted to propose the idea of selecting players that only played for one club, but the pool of quality players that fit into that isn't big enough]

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #4951 on: September 24, 2021, 03:48:44 pm »
Anyone up for a 'played for Liverpool in the Premier League' draft where the player is judged for their entire career rather than just their time at Anfield?  :wave Simply put, it's a narrower draft than the 2018 LFC draft but still has a vast array of players, with some notable additions since that one.

For goalkeepers, merely having sat on the bench is enough whereas for outfield players at least one appearance in the league between 1992 and 2021 would be required.

There should be enough cheese for everyone but I figured a snake draft where the second and third round go to the reverse order in order to even things out, then reverting to the snake from round 4. This also means that whoever picks last in the first round will actually have the lowest aggregate pick in the end!

Each sign-up would select their draft order 1-12 while doing so, keeping in mind that going later may become advantageous by the virtue of going first both in rounds 2 and 3! Fewer participants and each unpicked number is dropped and the pick is moved up one in the order.

I do realise we're a little short on goalkeepers but since we judge players based on their whole careers it ought to be okay. By my estimations there have been 14 first-choice Premier League goalkeepers either at Anfield or elsewhere throughout time that represented or sat on the bench for Liverpool in the PL era so I think 12 is a fair ceiling for a number of participants  :wave

Sounds good? Doing a title to title 1990-2020 draft somehow feels a bit like encroaching on the 80's glory era and the full LFC draft doing that  :D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 04:11:29 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4952 on: September 26, 2021, 11:53:27 am »
Like that idea mate.

On the goalkeepers, yeah we might be a little short, maybe we can include goalkeepers who have also played for Everton? Although that would mean there's only really one more keeper that would realistically be available.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #4953 on: September 26, 2021, 04:52:36 pm »
Like that idea mate.

On the goalkeepers, yeah we might be a little short, maybe we can include goalkeepers who have also played for Everton? Although that would mean there's only really one more keeper that would realistically be available.

I think we should be good because it will add a bit of an extra challenge, also people shouldn't forget players like Paul Jones who just did an appearance or two (he was in goal for game where Hyypiä scored that header versus Wolves in 2004)  :wave Gulácsi is available because he sat on the bench for Reina. Then you have Doni available too who had a fine career before arriving and then his career sadly ended when suffering the heart attack. Considering it's not just 'did what at LFC' but rather their whole careers should be the saving grace. Pretty much all contestants will be short a player or two in the XI because each position thins out a bit so it will be a game of attrition due to merely 29 years being available. Either way, that's why even a ten-player limit might be an idea? Makes for a faster draft too.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 04:56:01 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4954 on: September 26, 2021, 05:28:57 pm »
Was only messing, to take the piss out of Everton more than anything.

Good thinking on the goalkeepers, I'm in for this.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #4955 on: September 26, 2021, 05:35:04 pm »
Was only messing, to take the piss out of Everton more than anything.

Good thinking on the goalkeepers, I'm in for this.

Don't tell Xabi before he does a Pick(ford)  ;D

Feel free to select your draft spot in the opened thread mate!
Linudden.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4956 on: October 1, 2021, 11:18:50 pm »
Hey lads,

A few of us are forming a RAWK Drafting Community - Discord Server link for those of us who want to draft outside of the RAWK community from time to time.

Everyone is invited - the usual suspects, veterans, and newbies.   The only issue is that you (to participate) need to download on your phone or computer the "Discord" app and
enter this link into the RAWK Drafting Community below

https://discord.gg/yPNz362nbn

This will be a way to communicate quicker and avoid some of the waiting we experience in drafts (hypothetically) :)   So, think about it and join us.

If you want a list of members - PM me.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4957 on: October 6, 2021, 07:53:50 pm »
Don't dilute the brand. I want to keep it pure.  ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4958 on: October 6, 2021, 07:56:20 pm »
Trend you should organise a draft where players have values and drafters have a set kitty. Hard and a lot of work but if anyone can do it, you can

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4959 on: October 6, 2021, 07:59:45 pm »
Haven't we done a few of those throughout the years mate?  ???