Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 195461 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #1680 on: October 13, 2021, 04:01:49 pm »
Sounds a bit too European.

I'd happily buy a twenty four carat gold plated farthing and thru'penny bit set. Fond memories of my pocket money days when you could buy proper Smarties, the Hostspur and a Jublee and still have change.
Nice spot. Apparently it's Austrian money.  Every day's a school day round here.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1681 on: October 13, 2021, 04:04:29 pm »

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1682 on: October 20, 2021, 02:35:15 pm »
Anyone seen this ad? Not an ad I hate at all, quite the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLtnaeIVh2Q&ab_channel=BTSportBoxing

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1683 on: October 22, 2021, 12:05:51 am »
You need the Ads You Actually Like thread.

Not a telly advert: the one at Vue cinemas with John Boyega to turn your phones off. It lasts about 3 minutes and it's before every film I've seen there in 3 years.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1684 on: October 23, 2021, 08:06:36 pm »
This metal detector guy on the Nationwide advert

The way he looks at the camera at the end like he's revelling in your laughter after a poorly told shite joke does my head in

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1685 on: October 28, 2021, 11:34:25 am »
Specsavers hearing aid one.

An old guy doing some shit dancing (to music that he can now presumably hear) in his living room.

I'm sure some will think "Ah, that's cute... and old man dancing in a living room" but I just find it uncomfortable and cringey.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1686 on: October 28, 2021, 12:08:16 pm »
Specsavers hearing aid one.

An old guy doing some shit dancing (to music that he can now presumably hear) in his living room.

I'm sure some will think "Ah, that's cute... and old man dancing in a living room" but I just find it uncomfortable and cringey.

This has reminded me of that weird life insurance (what else?) ad with the elderly couple dancing really badly around their living room.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1687 on: October 28, 2021, 03:57:24 pm »
The one that was on a few months back with the lanky bearded guy dancing around after he has discovered the "blue pill"

He waltz's down the stairs and shimmies into the kitchen.  Twirls his wife around etc

I wish Grifter still posted on here to give his analysis on it.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1688 on: October 28, 2021, 04:25:21 pm »
The one that was on a few months back with the lanky bearded guy dancing around after he has discovered the "blue pill"

He waltz's down the stairs and shimmies into the kitchen.  Twirls his wife around etc

I wish Grifter still posted on here to give his analysis on it.

Wasn't he in his dressing gown? Looks the type to wear black socks when he's on the job as well - an utter bastard.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1689 on: October 28, 2021, 04:26:57 pm »
Wasn't he in his dressing gown? Looks the type to wear black socks when he's on the job as well - an utter bastard.

And his lady was way out of his league, so yes an utter bastard  :)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1690 on: October 28, 2021, 04:29:23 pm »
The Vinted one that has the twat with the beard in it "It's my turn",bet the c*nt has been saying that all his life.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: October 28, 2021, 04:36:03 pm »
The Vinted one that has the twat with the beard in it "It's my turn",bet the c*nt has been saying that all his life.

Just looked that one up. He has a particularly obnoxious and effected beard, the utter twat.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1692 on: October 29, 2021, 04:16:45 pm »

That's the fella. Boxer shorts with pictures of Homer Simpson on too probably.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1693 on: October 29, 2021, 04:20:30 pm »

he reminds me of Pirlo
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1694 on: October 29, 2021, 04:28:40 pm »

he reminds me of Pirlo

hahaha yeah he does.

Spot on :)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: November 2, 2021, 02:24:46 pm »

And voted Brexit. And parks in disabled spaces because 'why should they get special treatment?'
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1696 on: November 2, 2021, 07:27:41 pm »
Just seen the first Christmas advert, from Very. That can fuck off if they're intending on doing that for 2 months.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1697 on: November 2, 2021, 07:29:12 pm »
Just seen the first Christmas advert, from Very. That can fuck off if they're intending on doing that for 2 months.

I saw that the other day :butt

Went in B&M today, Christmas music playing  ::)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1698 on: November 4, 2021, 10:02:44 am »
Missus is not happy, the new John Lewis adverts has destroyed together in electric dreams, slowed down to a funeral march.

The advert is shite too ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1699 on: November 4, 2021, 12:27:02 pm »
Missus is not happy, the new John Lewis adverts has destroyed together in electric dreams, slowed down to a funeral march.

Just checked it out and from your post I just knew it would feature a whiny female vocal.  Destroyed the track is being kind.  Turned it off almost immediately.

Turns out the singer is Lola Young.  Saw her on Jools Holland a few nights ago as it happens.  Yet another angst ridden Amy Winehouse, Adele hybrid, taken straight off the "Girl who strums a guitar" conveyer belt.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1700 on: November 4, 2021, 04:59:31 pm »
It'll be interesting to see what gets a whiny, acoustic cover first for a Xmas advert. A novelty record like Bob the Builder, or some thrash metal band.

Could see Freak on a leash being the John Lewis one next year
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1701 on: November 4, 2021, 05:30:19 pm »
I'd like to see a whiny version of the Angelic Upstarts hit "Fuck off and leave me alone"  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1702 on: November 4, 2021, 05:51:58 pm »
I'd like to see a whiny version of the Angelic Upstarts hit "Fuck off and leave me alone"  ;D

I'd love to see this ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/od7GUy9XS7c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/od7GUy9XS7c</a>

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1703 on: November 4, 2021, 11:21:27 pm »
Anything with Ca Plane Pour Moi by Plastic Bertrand. Awful song, lazily used in quirky adverts.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1704 on: November 4, 2021, 11:46:39 pm »

Racist Brexwit types hate it for having a black family on it, so even if it's the shittest ad ever, I love it.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: November 5, 2021, 08:03:46 am »

Racist Brexwit types hate it for having a black family on it, so even if it's the shittest ad ever, I love it.

Its fucking disgusting that. I said in the other thread that I knew there would be a kick off when I saw it and I shouldn't have to be expecting things like this. I hate what the Tories and that c*nt Frottage has turned this country into.

Still a crap Christmas advert, but if its making the flag shaggers burst a blood vessel and hopefully die, then I'm all for it.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1706 on: November 5, 2021, 08:59:17 am »

Saw someone comment on that and I went down the rabbit hole on the follow up comments. Racists will be boycotting John Lewis this Christmas it seems.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: November 5, 2021, 12:50:18 pm »
I'm boycotting John Lewis but not because I'm a big racist.

My lad has gone and got himself a fulltime job and subsequently left his job at JL.  Bang goes my 25% discount :no

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1708 on: November 5, 2021, 05:08:17 pm »
Its fucking disgusting that. I said in the other thread that I knew there would be a kick off when I saw it and I shouldn't have to be expecting things like this. I hate what the Tories and that c*nt Frottage has turned this country into.

Still a crap Christmas advert, but if its making the flag shaggers burst a blood vessel and hopefully die, then I'm all for it.

Is this more your thing?

https://twitter.com/bmstores/status/1456188207616385026?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1456188207616385026%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bristolpost.co.uk%2Fwhats-on%2Fshopping%2Fbm-responds-expensive-john-lewis-6158331
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: November 5, 2021, 05:34:25 pm »
Yep ;D

Just give me snow, father christmas and kids and families having a happy day and that'll do me

:)

I do find it odd that people look forward to Christmas ads like John Lewis and Marks and Spencers like some big event, the B&M punctures those perfectly.

Saying that, I don't mind this one and like you say, that some people think that having a black person on TV is woke makes me like it some more.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1711 on: November 5, 2021, 05:49:01 pm »
''I'm only six; you figure it out.''  :butt

I shouldn't hate it, but I still do.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1712 on: November 5, 2021, 06:26:44 pm »
''I'm only six; you figure it out.''  :butt

I shouldn't hate it, but I still do.

What's this one?

I'll park it in the 'Hate Purgatory' until I have more detail.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1713 on: November 5, 2021, 06:29:53 pm »
What's this one?

I'll park it in the 'Hate Purgatory' until I have more detail.

Climate change.

The kid speaks the line while on his latest Iphone and playing on a playstation for 13 hours a day

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1714 on: November 5, 2021, 07:40:26 pm »

I got into a row with someone over that advert, they aren't half some dumb people out there. All these idiots saying stuff like you can't see white people on the television now! I mean what world are they living in? Utter arses the lot of them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1715 on: November 5, 2021, 10:11:32 pm »
Climate change.

The kid speaks the line while on his latest Iphone and playing on a playstation for 13 hours a day

Straight to advert Hell then.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1716 on: November 8, 2021, 12:36:44 am »
This metal detector guy on the Nationwide advert

The way he looks at the camera at the end like he's revelling in your laughter after a poorly told shite joke does my head in

All of the Nationwide ones recently are shite. Those “modern poets” are cringeworthy bullshit.

“This ones for the Northerners, we know you love Gravy. Come to Nationwide and your money you can Save-y”

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1717 on: November 8, 2021, 10:39:22 am »
The coca cola advert, where they are playing some fantasy fighting game and some kid gets killed so drinks a coke and bugs the game out so its non violent. Then all the streamers seem relaxed and happy about it, not incredibly annoyed that they've ruined the game.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1718 on: November 8, 2021, 10:45:33 am »
All of the Nationwide ones recently are shite. Those “modern poets” are cringeworthy bullshit.

“This ones for the Northerners, we know you love Gravy. Come to Nationwide and your money you can Save-y”

I instantly hate any advert that uses the line "This one's for the...", or "Here's to the..." There's so many of them, all desperately trying to show that they understand how 'ordinary' people live.

Also any advert with whistling or 'quirky' music in it.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1719 on: November 8, 2021, 12:21:43 pm »
Pretty much every Malteasers advert over the last few years.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.