Author Topic: Shaving  (Read 136607 times)

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Shaving
« Reply #1240 on: January 23, 2017, 07:15:04 pm »
Do they make everyone wear hair nets?
They do not. In fact of those who have facial hair, I have the least to do with food interaction.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1241 on: January 23, 2017, 07:19:38 pm »
They do not. In fact of those who have facial hair, I have the least to do with food interaction.

All BRC approved and above, food business' recommend a snood for facial hair. I don't believe you can be ordered to shave, however, if your gaffer is a wanker, then you may just have to toe the party line.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1242 on: January 23, 2017, 07:22:14 pm »

Then if they don't worry about hair off people's heads going in food and ordering everyone to shave their heads what's the fucking difference with a beard?

I'd be telling them to fuck off personally, but then I do love my beard.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1243 on: January 23, 2017, 07:47:36 pm »
A song for you all to bop to next time you're shaving..

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/G8ffkDf0ol4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/G8ffkDf0ol4</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: January 23, 2017, 07:49:04 pm »

All BRC approved and above, food business' recommend a snood for facial hair. I don't believe you can be ordered to shave, however, if your gaffer is a wanker, then you may just have to toe the party line.

I would buy my own snood if they allowed me to keep it. They're currently snoodless

Then if they don't worry about hair off people's heads going in food and ordering everyone to shave their heads what's the fucking difference with a beard?

I'd be telling them to fuck off personally, but then I do love my beard.
My thoughts exactly. It's a part of my identity. I'm thinking they have helper dogs allowed at work and in places typically illegal to take them for issues such as anxiety. Maybe I can get a doctor's note for a helper beard for anxiety. I would hang a tiny sign from it saying "Helper Beard - Do Not Touch"
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1245 on: February 6, 2017, 07:35:45 am »
I'm a sucker for things Japanese and love the quality, tradition and pride that goes into making their higher end products.  So I might ask the missus to get me this for an upcoming landmark birthday.

http://www.feather.co.jp/eW_S/pdf/Double%20Edge%20WS-D1S%20160603.pdf

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #1246 on: February 6, 2017, 09:26:35 am »
Feather blades are mad sharp.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: February 6, 2017, 11:19:45 am »
Just read all the pages in the thread, i am interested in getting one of the vintage Gillette slims.  However everyone i see on ebay is from the United States?   Is this where you got yours?
If someone could send a link to a small starter set, gillette, reasonable badger brush, the place for the feather blades and some cream..   Also where and how do you dispose of the old blades?

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #1248 on: November 13, 2017, 12:01:33 pm »
Cheers guys.

Think I'm going to go for the New Forest Tubby 2  off the new Forest site. 
It's a 'Super' brush for Ł49 and very similar to the Simpson 'Duke' D3 which is a 'Best' brush for Ł83.

Been using this brush for a while and love it.
However, yesterday the whole brush section came away from the handle section.

The brush section is intact - e.g. the hairs of the brush are all still bound together - so appears that whatever resin/glue was holding it into the handle has failed.

Any advice ?
Would be a shame to get rid of it as it's a great brush.
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: November 13, 2017, 01:14:29 pm »
It can happen. Remove as much of the glue as possible from inside the handle, rough up the base of the knot with a bit of sandpaper, and glue it back in place using a quality two part epoxy like Devcon.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1250 on: November 13, 2017, 06:59:49 pm »
not had a proper shave since klopp joined  ;)just trim down to stubble with electric klippers  :champ

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1251 on: November 13, 2017, 07:21:32 pm »
I haven't shaved for years,just get the trimmer to do the job and leave a nice stubble plus the other half likes that look on me.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #1252 on: November 13, 2017, 07:23:39 pm »
It can happen. Remove as much of the glue as possible from inside the handle, rough up the base of the knot with a bit of sandpaper, and glue it back in place using a quality two part epoxy like Devcon.

Great - thanks for that. 
The inside of the handle is actually almost completely clean so will be an easy job I think.
 :thumbup
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: November 17, 2018, 07:21:05 pm »
Hello 👋

Can anyone recommend a kit? I've had a look and I don't know what I'm looking at, is this alright? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shaving-Gift-Set-Perfect-Present/dp/B07HDM6VC6/ref=lp_3082215031_1_1_sspa?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1542482086&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1

🤷‍♀️

Thanks!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1254 on: November 17, 2018, 10:23:52 pm »
Where are you looking to shave, Claire? There are options.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: November 18, 2018, 05:47:58 am »
Feather blades are mad sharp.

Yes, sir. My goto blades, however. The closeness and smoothness of the shave are unmatched once you learn how to use the blade.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1256 on: November 18, 2018, 05:23:54 pm »
Yes, sir. My goto blades, however. The closeness and smoothness of the shave are unmatched once you learn how to use the blade.
But until then you look like Freddie Kruger?

I’m terrified of these blades myself...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1257 on: November 18, 2018, 05:51:14 pm »
Like the look of the new Philips S9000 Prestige shaver - then I seen the price. Ł425 for an electric shaver is a no from me.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: November 19, 2018, 08:26:18 am »
Where are you looking to shave, Claire? There are options.

The bathroom? ;D

It's not for me, is it, silly bollocks :P C'mon, it's practically christmas ;D

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1259 on: November 19, 2018, 09:51:56 am »

You need a nice heavy razor, held lightly, relying on the weight of the razor to carry the brush stroke. Hard to go back to any other blades afterwards though.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1260 on: November 25, 2018, 04:29:19 pm »
The bathroom? ;D

It's not for me, is it, silly bollocks :P C'mon, it's practically christmas ;D

:lmao
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: November 25, 2018, 11:05:57 pm »

Only if you use them like you use a modern blade, which makes it easy for anyone to shave without too many nicks. It really is all about being delicate, getting used to shaving from different angles and using the right shaving ingredients. I was recently travelling and forgot to take the kit with me as I was packing in a hurry. I had to use one of the Gillette blades and the difference was night and day. The Gillette blades won't cut you but at least in my case, they left me feeling like my face was rough as anything.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #1262 on: December 31, 2018, 11:32:16 am »
Does anybody know where I can pick up spare parts for electric beard trimmers? I'm not talking about the actual parts of the trimmer but the clip on extensions you put on it for when you don't want to completely shave your beard off.

I've got a Phillips 5000 which is a boss little trimmer for me but I've lost the clip on and I don't want to pay for a whole new one when I only need that one little part. Thanks in advance.
Justice for the 97

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: January 9, 2019, 07:23:09 pm »
My Wahl trimmer just died out of the blue. Anyone else had this happen to them? Mine might still be under warranty and all that too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: January 10, 2019, 12:16:41 pm »
My Wahl trimmer just died out of the blue. Anyone else had this happen to them? Mine might still be under warranty and all that too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
It might just need cleaning and oiling mate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: January 15, 2019, 11:52:25 am »
I'm ditching my life long mac 3 after their embarrassing advert - I want to try out these safety razors.

Would a 'Merkur 34C Heavy Duty Safety Razor' work well with https://www.amazon.co.uk/100-Astra-Superior-Platinum-Shaving/dp/B00CK7NQ8Y ?

Cheers

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: January 16, 2019, 01:44:11 am »
It might just need cleaning and oiling mate.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

And then it just came back to life just like that! Might get around to oiling it over the weekend, but the episode was quite bizarre.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: January 26, 2019, 01:30:41 pm »
And then it just came back to life just like that! Might get around to oiling it over the weekend, but the episode was quite bizarre.

Sounds like it could have a loose connection, assuming it is a mains model. They normally have a screw to take the cover off and you can check the connections inside.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: March 26, 2019, 08:14:48 am »
Sounds like it could have a loose connection, assuming it is a mains model. They normally have a screw to take the cover off and you can check the connections inside.

Turned out there was some rust that had formed due to moisture seeping in somehow. I cleaned out the rust and it works better now but I think that it's unlikely to last much longer.

This brings me to the next challenge, which is that I'm looking for an electric shaver. Something in the middle price band for every day use while keeping my safety razor for when I need to clean up for special occasions. I have looked at a Braun 7 series and some Panasonics but I don't really have a clue where to look. I would appreciate any recommendations.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1269 on: March 26, 2019, 09:13:00 am »
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/132972978817

i bought this recently. been using fusion 5s for a few years and this is a great price

if you go into the guys other items you'll see what he has for sale
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: October 22, 2021, 11:58:38 am »
Give away time!

As i've been diagnosed with a serious neuralogical illness, a couple of years ago,. My hands shake uncontrollably these days, so shaving is now a no, no.  I'm looking to  give away a lot of previous possessions, which are now surplus to requirements.

I will only post to the UK at this time, sorry overseas RAWKites.

Most deserving wins.

On offer is a Mecure 34C (longer  handle, blue) 3, and, if I remember, a Mercure 34 (shorter handle, just stainless)
about 1050 unused blades, and an unused shave gel.

I'll sterilise them, before sent, you sterilise with boiling water, on arrival.

Just drop me a message. And I'll plow through them, and you'll let  you know, back end of the weekend.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: November 2, 2021, 10:00:12 am »
It's been a couple of weeks now. Any takers ^^? before I get rid.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: November 3, 2021, 10:22:59 pm »
It's been a couple of weeks now. Any takers ^^? before I get rid.

Can I have them please?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1273 on: November 3, 2021, 11:48:56 pm »
I'd love the blue one. Can let the 15 year old teach himself to shave so I don't have to every 2 weeks with the BIC disposables.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: November 4, 2021, 12:42:18 am »
I'd love the blue one. Can let the 15 year old teach himself to shave so I don't have to every 2 weeks with the BIC disposables.

That's sound by me, Zultoid, if I could have the steel one and the Sharks. I would like to make a donation to the charity of Richie's choice in exchange.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1275 on: November 4, 2021, 11:27:15 am »
Going to a good home. Sorted.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1276 on: November 23, 2021, 05:15:01 pm »
This may be my mind playing tricks on me, I've worn a beard for around 3 or 4 years now, at lengths varying from heavy stubble to Darwin, but I'm starting to think a moustache is very, very cool and a good idea.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez