Author Topic: The RAWK Football Coaching Circle  (Read 109785 times)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Coaching Circle
« Reply #40 on: March 1, 2010, 11:51:07 am »
Wardides.

Check this link. http://www.soccernsw.com.au/index.php?id=96

Listing of coaching jobs in the state of New South Wales.

Also, click on 'coaching', then 'coach education'. The pathway shows the courses you need to do to be licensed in the state of NSW. I only did the Youth Football Certificate while in Sydney.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 1, 2010, 12:10:43 pm »
Wardides.

Check this link. http://www.soccernsw.com.au/index.php?id=96

Listing of coaching jobs in the state of New South Wales.

Also, click on 'coaching', then 'coach education'. The pathway shows the courses you need to do to be licensed in the state of NSW. I only did the Youth Football Certificate while in Sydney.

It's unrealistic to think a job with a state league club is feasable without experience. There are, however, other options.

If a decent player, have a look at http://www.ozsoccerexperience.com

The club I'm playing for have gone down this route and signed some decent players, and given them coaching work too. I'm also working for another club who are advertised on there, but I got a little lucky with that one I think... I basically pestered their Academy Director into letting me work for them.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 1, 2010, 12:28:57 pm »
That's true regarding the 'good' teams' mens' A  & B' teams as most of them usually require a senior license. But you'll find lots of opportunities at a lower level in the women's sides and the boys development. For example, I played in a 6 a side tournament hosted by UNSW, got to know one of the organising guys on the committee...he basically admitted they were struggling for coaches for a lot of their teams and offered me my pick of any of the girls junior sides. And that was before I had done the license.

It also depends a lot on wardides' funding - if he's thinking of making a living out of coaching in Aus (which would be very difficult for someone just starting out on his qualifications as I'm sure you know) or has the funding to do a degree, pursue the coaching qualifications, get his coaching experience by going for the jobs with minimum qualifications etc, then start going for the bigger jobs.

Anyway, if you need any convincing Wardides, Australia is a fantastic place to live.  ;D

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 1, 2010, 01:30:10 pm »
That's true regarding the 'good' teams' mens' A  & B' teams as most of them usually require a senior license. But you'll find lots of opportunities at a lower level in the women's sides and the boys development. For example, I played in a 6 a side tournament hosted by UNSW, got to know one of the organising guys on the committee...he basically admitted they were struggling for coaches for a lot of their teams and offered me my pick of any of the girls junior sides. And that was before I had done the license.

It also depends a lot on wardides' funding - if he's thinking of making a living out of coaching in Aus (which would be very difficult for someone just starting out on his qualifications as I'm sure you know) or has the funding to do a degree, pursue the coaching qualifications, get his coaching experience by going for the jobs with minimum qualifications etc, then start going for the bigger jobs.

Anyway, if you need any convincing Wardides, Australia is a fantastic place to live.  ;D

Yeah, a lot of it depends on the level. I'm at a State Prems team, and it's tough to get in there. It also doesn't pay, as such... just a token gesture at the end of the season.

Local clubs will often take anyone willing to put the shift in, if you look at AL1 youth teams then you'll be able to get plenty of coaching work, but it will be voluntary. There are quite a few coaching companies and academies out here in Sydney who will get you a couple of hours work a night and get you paid for it, but lots of them are affiliated with clubs and will want you to play there too, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I honestly don't think it's realistic to try and make a living out of coaching out here with minimal experience and qualifications, but you can easily get other jobs in the daytime and supplement that income with coaching in the evening. It's the route I took before I got myself set up properly, and it's good fun. I'm now in a position where if I work 8 hours a week then I'm on a good wage... 10 hours a week and I'm delighted. If you can get it working, then it's fun being able to do a job you love, get paid very well, work very few hours, and at the same time see the other European travellers spend their time working in factories whilst you're down the beach ;) I'd recommend taking the chance to anyone, but be aware that if you're just starting out then it won't come easily at all.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: March 1, 2010, 01:51:18 pm »
How old are you? The best way to start if you're young is to help out with a team at your local club. If you know anyone who coahes a team, or know any young players / parents of young players, than just have an ask around to see if any of their teams wouldn't mind you helping out for a season.

If you decide you like it, then enrol yourself on the FA Level 1 course (normally about £80) - it's an easy course to complete, but covers essential information such as session delivery, how to interact with the kids, and you'll pick up a few useful games in there too.

awesome. im 20 in a week or two - in the midst of uni, but im hoping to write afterwards too - coaching would be such a cool thing to do part time especially as im not so good at the game myself. ill bookmark an fa coaching site.

next question - i would like to figure out my own training regimes and stuff like this but are there things you MUST do in sessions?
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 1, 2010, 02:00:48 pm »
awesome. im 20 in a week or two - in the midst of uni, but im hoping to write afterwards too - coaching would be such a cool thing to do part time especially as im not so good at the game myself. ill bookmark an fa coaching site.

next question - i would like to figure out my own training regimes and stuff like this but are there things you MUST do in sessions?

Aside from ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all the participants, it's flexible.

With younger players, you have to make sure they have fun... as they get older, you have to challenge them all sufficiently... as you get into serious coaching, you are advised to follow certain routines and session structures that are taught on the later coaching courses.

There's no set thing that says '8 year olds must be taught A, B, C... 14 year olds must be taught X, Y and Z' - it all changes with age, ability and circumstance, and a lot of the decisions come with a bit of experience and common sense.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #46 on: March 1, 2010, 05:07:57 pm »
Have you got any previous DoC experience? I'm sure I've asked before, but what experience do you have?

no full DOC experience, have run an Academy before...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #47 on: March 2, 2010, 08:15:05 pm »
applied for the Development Director of Coaching position at Greensboro Youth Soccer this morning.  tempted to apply for the Girls Director at Greensboro Twisters as well...

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 2, 2010, 11:00:09 pm »
applied for the Development Director of Coaching position at Greensboro Youth Soccer this morning.  tempted to apply for the Girls Director at Greensboro Twisters as well...

That's a good package they're offering to run the Rec program. However, I'd be interested to know the involvement level of a Technical Director - for me, there shouldn't be anyone between board level and DoCs... I wouldn't want anyone else meddling. The Girls' DoC job looks very interesting.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #49 on: March 2, 2010, 11:18:57 pm »
That's a good package they're offering to run the Rec program. However, I'd be interested to know the involvement level of a Technical Director - for me, there shouldn't be anyone between board level and DoCs... I wouldn't want anyone else meddling. The Girls' DoC job looks very interesting.

the Development Director is not only rec, it also oversees the Development Academy, U/9-U/10 sides that are Select rather than recreational.  wouldn't have gone solely for rec.

only hesitation about the Girls Director is that applying for two posts might be looked down upon.  but i'm getting over that fearwith every minute that passes.  went to school in Davidson NC, relatively close to Greensboro; it'd be a bit like going back home, and proper football is very big in NC...

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 2, 2010, 11:35:48 pm »
the Development Director is not only rec, it also oversees the Development Academy, U/9-U/10 sides that are Select rather than recreational.  wouldn't have gone solely for rec.

only hesitation about the Girls Director is that applying for two posts might be looked down upon.  but i'm getting over that fearwith every minute that passes.  went to school in Davidson NC, relatively close to Greensboro; it'd be a bit like going back home, and proper football is very big in NC...

I've heard plenty of good things about NC. The Development Academy sounds good, I've been pencilled in for the one our club has apparently, which was nice to hear.

Am I right in thinking that the two jobs are part of the same club, but the girls one only deals with the travel program? If so, I can't see why it'd be a bad thing applying for both, if you're qualified enough and keen to do the job.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #51 on: March 3, 2010, 12:46:57 am »
I'm not a professional trainer, but I'm helping my nine year old cousin improve his footy skills. The lad is small, but very quick, so I usually have him play up-front with me. I usually do basics with him, like trapping the ball, passing on the ground and finishing (for which I ask him to usually aim for the bottom corners of the goal).

We also play matches against other people in the neighbourhood (some of who are older to me) since I feel that the kid will improve decision making and skill by playing with older people. Everyone is careful in tackling him and other stuff, and I create chances for him, so that he can practice what I taught him.

Do you guys think it's the right way to help out a young one, who is developing his love for the game, or am I doing it wrong by making him play with older people?

Also, he wanted his mum to buy a new jersey for him. She didn't seem too keen, since she thought he wasn't that interested in the game, so I gave the kid my first Liverpool jerseys (home and away from 2000/01). He wears them proudly to the games and has become a big Liverpool fan, with Torres and Gerrard donning the walls of his room. :D

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #52 on: March 3, 2010, 01:58:37 am »
I've heard plenty of good things about NC. The Development Academy sounds good, I've been pencilled in for the one our club has apparently, which was nice to hear.

Am I right in thinking that the two jobs are part of the same club, but the girls one only deals with the travel program? If so, I can't see why it'd be a bad thing applying for both, if you're qualified enough and keen to do the job.

the youth academy sides would travel in NC, the Girls top sides would travel out of state to tournaments.  rec sdies would not travel at all, so a little bit of both for the Development Director.

think i'll apply for both and chips will fall...

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #53 on: March 3, 2010, 12:46:17 pm »
Anyone know any websites for decent training routines?

I've got a fairly strong 12-14 years old group of lads, who don't need too much educating on the basics but need to get specific skills down, such as how to control a bouncing ball, how to hit volleys, defending as a unit etc. and I'm fast running out of ideas for training exercises.
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 6, 2010, 11:12:36 am »
If any of you guys have a background in psychology, could you drop us a PM please?

Been asked an interesting question by a parent, and I'm keen to know the answer.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 8, 2010, 10:47:00 am »
I'm not a professional trainer, but I'm helping my nine year old cousin improve his footy skills. The lad is small, but very quick, so I usually have him play up-front with me. I usually do basics with him, like trapping the ball, passing on the ground and finishing (for which I ask him to usually aim for the bottom corners of the goal).

We also play matches against other people in the neighbourhood (some of who are older to me) since I feel that the kid will improve decision making and skill by playing with older people. Everyone is careful in tackling him and other stuff, and I create chances for him, so that he can practice what I taught him.

Do you guys think it's the right way to help out a young one, who is developing his love for the game, or am I doing it wrong by making him play with older people?

Also, he wanted his mum to buy a new jersey for him. She didn't seem too keen, since she thought he wasn't that interested in the game, so I gave the kid my first Liverpool jerseys (home and away from 2000/01). He wears them proudly to the games and has become a big Liverpool fan, with Torres and Gerrard donning the walls of his room. :D

The game is the best coach. Ask anybody who grows up playing football, and they'll be able to recount times of when they scored past their mate's big brother or slide tackled the neighbourhood hard case. Aside from regular, coached training, a kid should be able to play as often as possible, and enjoy it too. If playing against bigger kids is fun for them, and it's providing them both a challenge and an opportunity to put into practice the technical skills they're learning, then it's a good thing.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 8, 2010, 10:54:28 am »

I've got a fairly strong 12-14 years old group of lads, who don't need too much educating on the basics but need to get specific skills down, such as how to control a bouncing ball, how to hit volleys, defending as a unit etc. and I'm fast running out of ideas for training exercises.

The technical things - ball control, passing, volleying, etc etc should be worked on each and every session. If the plan for the session is to work on something more tactical, then use the warm-up to work on football-specific movements, and involve a ball at all times.

Make your warm-up include ballwork as well as dynamic stretching... any movement which involves football-related actions is useful. It's very simple to include touch work, volleys, ball control, and many more technical aspects in a warm-up that lasts no more than 20 minutes or so.

Never forego technical practice at the expense of tactical or functional work - try and make them work together wherever possible.

A little fact for you - Manchester United's players will not have a training session without having a game of 3v1 posession before they start. First touch, passing, ball-control, football movement, aerial control, support play, communication... all covered before the proper warm-up has even begun.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2010, 10:13:52 am »
Has anyone here been involved in U9/10 Academy / Development sides?

I've been sent a brief with the aim of developing the following characteristics of the players by the time they're U11 . (The standard is good, so it should all be possible)

Can you spot any glaring omissions?

Under 9s to be competent in the following at the completion of the 15 weeks.

Receive the ball with inside of both feet and control it under pressure.
Play short and medium length passes accurately on the ground.
Execute basic side foot and laces volleys.
Control the ball with chest.
Control the ball with the thigh.
Execute a basic throw in.
Understand and perform far foot receipt of the ball.
Shooting technique with laces / 'pass into corner'

Execute the following;
Inside foot cut.
Outside foot cut.
Under body turn.
Sole of the foot drag.
Scissors.
Outside in step overs.
Stop, step, turn.
Stop, step, spin.
V drag.
Dribble with all surfaces of each foot.

Have a basic understanding of the principles of attack and defence.

Under 10s to have the above plus;

Laces drive.
Bending the ball.
Shielding the ball.
Correct tackling technique.
Correct jockeying technique
Back heel pass.
Disguised pass with outside of foot, leading to wall pass.
Changeover pass.
Passing with the chest.
Shoulder drop turns.
Good angles of ball receipt.
Improved understanding of principles of attack and defence including basic screening runs, gate passes, ball press, defensive delay, bent runs, etc.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #58 on: April 5, 2010, 01:37:13 pm »
Any tips on how to improve winning headers in the middle of the park?Any drills apart from just throwing a ball up and having 2 lads jumping for it?
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 5, 2010, 05:37:35 pm »
Any tips on how to improve winning headers in the middle of the park?Any drills apart from just throwing a ball up and having 2 lads jumping for it?

What level? If we're talking lower level players or kids, I think you should focus on the basics. It sounds like it's a mental thing to me.
Train headers in general. Maybe bounce the ball and have the player attack it, with the purpose being that he should head it as far as possible, or he should head it forward, then run and regain possession. I would not have two players go up against each other to begin with, because I think it's more valuable to learn what to do and how to execute it before you have players compete. As soon as you let them play 3 vs 3, or any kind of game, the competition is there anyway. I've read that Arsenal practise counter-attacks 11 vs 0 and if they can do that, then you can use the same idea at any level.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #61 on: April 5, 2010, 06:31:40 pm »
What level? If we're talking lower level players or kids, I think you should focus on the basics. It sounds like it's a mental thing to me.
Train headers in general. Maybe bounce the ball and have the player attack it, with the purpose being that he should head it as far as possible, or he should head it forward, then run and regain possession. I would not have two players go up against each other to begin with, because I think it's more valuable to learn what to do and how to execute it before you have players compete. As soon as you let them play 3 vs 3, or any kind of game, the competition is there anyway. I've read that Arsenal practise counter-attacks 11 vs 0 and if they can do that, then you can use the same idea at any level.

Sorry should have said its not even for kids! :( Senior team im playin with at the minute,and I just cant remember the last time anybody other then myself won a header in midfield..And im the smallest one there.I dont know if its because a few of the lads are intimidate or scared to go but ye just its killin us really and i wouldnt mind just gettin a few drills together to help us out?
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2010, 07:46:59 am »
I've just finished doing 2 weeks of holiday camps, and I'm bloody knackered...

Only got another hour and a half more coaching this week before a day off tomorrow... which I'm obviously going to spend playing football. I'm gonna be dreaming of footballs and cones tonight!

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2010, 10:55:24 am »

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2010, 11:34:15 am »
www.footy4kids.co.uk isn't a bad website. Plenty of resources, some are garbage so are good.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline rakey_lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2010, 11:35:50 am »
This may interest some people on here.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Coaching-Camps-_-Volunteers-required-.html

Would love to do Paul, but I'm gettind married on 31st July and then away for two weeks after.

Plus, I live about 250miles away from Liverpool! :wave
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2010, 11:57:13 am »
Would love to do Paul, but I'm gettind married on 31st July and then away for two weeks after.

Plus, I live about 250miles away from Liverpool! :wave

No worries. Hope everything goes well with the wedding.

Offline rakey_lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2010, 11:59:14 am »
No worries. Hope everything goes well with the wedding.

Thanks.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2010, 01:58:05 pm »
This may interest some people on here.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Coaching-Camps-_-Volunteers-required-.html

It's a very good idea.

I'd love to help out, but am not in the country, sorry.

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2010, 06:20:07 pm »

ONe that we do, is have all your strikers in a line.  They must chip the ball into your hands, and run past you, they will then have their back to you, then you throw the ball, they have to anticipate it, and throw in a bounce too.
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2010, 12:14:49 am »
If anyone who reads this is involved in coaching at a good level (Academies / Senior semi-pro etc) in England, drop me a PM please.

Ta :wave

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 7, 2010, 02:00:11 am »
So... anyone applying for the Liverpool job then? ;)

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #72 on: June 8, 2010, 08:51:11 pm »
I'm doing some coaching for my kid's lot at the moment, under 9s, but it's gaelic football. Fun.

First time I'm there, one of the other coaches hands me a Coach bib. I put it on, turn to him with a grin and say "See? No police check!" He looks at me morosely and says "I've had five of 'em. I'm a priest".

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #73 on: June 9, 2010, 04:22:18 pm »

did you get the GSO job ??

Its only an hour from me and there is another RAKite in Winston Salem

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2010, 11:49:13 pm »
did you get the GSO job ??

Its only an hour from me and there is another RAKite in Winston Salem

AndyinVA:

Nope, it was strictly recreational in nature, and i wasn't ready to commit to that.  Good club and nice area, might end up there yet.  Latest possibility is Newton Mass, Girls club looking for DOC.  As soon as i finish my A-license course, fingers crossed, etc., i'm applying...

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2010, 03:22:17 am »
AndyinVA:

Nope, it was strictly recreational in nature, and i wasn't ready to commit to that.  Good club and nice area, might end up there yet.  Latest possibility is Newton Mass, Girls club looking for DOC.  As soon as i finish my A-license course, fingers crossed, etc., i'm applying...

I'd move fast mate, I know people have already started applying... ;)

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2010, 03:10:24 pm »
Just won a State-wide tournament with our U11s - the first time a team from the club has won it.

We won all our group games - one each on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday - and followed it up with a 2-1 win in the Semi against our massive rivals, and a 1-0 win in the final against a team that's been undefeated since the turn of the year. In each game we played, we played the better football, and that was echoed by the coaches of the other teams at the tournament too. That's the important thing.

Two players in particular came of age this weekend - one of whom I cut from the regional combined team last week - and that's probably the thing that pleases me most.

To say I'm happy would be a little bit of an understatement... days like these are why we do the job.

Forget about the mega millions, wags, and Aston Martins, it's about the journey through the Academy into the first team... and if we don't get a few first team players out of this lot, we're doing something wrong.

Offline finchie

• It's the truth I tells ya!... the truth!...
  • Kopite
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2010, 07:04:00 pm »
Congratulations, Col!
With what's going on at the top level of the game the grass roots can remind us why we love football.

Offline Col

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2010, 02:46:04 am »
Congratulations, Col!
With what's going on at the top level of the game the grass roots can remind us why we love football.

Cheers. I'm still buzzing, to be honest. The next big step for me (and 11 of our squad) is the State Titles tournament in 3 weeks. I'm head coach this time, hope we do a decent job down there! ;D

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2010, 04:48:22 pm »
Col,

Well done mate. I checked out your web site and your obviously prety serious about coaching to say the least.

What you've done takes guts.

I am about to start coaching U11's at my local kids league after getting a bit fucked off reffing for the past couple of years.

You obsviously have a lot of experience, but I would like as ask , if you have time, what are the three best drills that you use.

For instance,

best passing drill
best shooting drill
best 'work as a team' drill

cheers

andy