Author Topic: Oasis...Fans ...in ....here.  (Read 180449 times)

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
Re: Oasis...Fans ...in ....here.
« Reply #120 on: January 2, 2008, 06:44:28 pm »
One of my favorite records of all time and i dont really class myself a fan.
It is my favourite song of all time :)
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline StuwieG

• The Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 3, 2008, 12:01:03 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oasis%27_seventh_studio_album

I reckon none of them songs will appear on the new album, they are all leftovers from previous albums
WE SEE THINGS THEY'LL NEVER SEE
***** (5)
****************** (18)
LFC

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 4, 2008, 01:39:13 am »
i heard the acoustic version of rock n roll star today-never heard it before-class!

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2008, 02:02:49 pm »
Oasis are ancient history for me, but was just listening to Stop Crying Your Heart Out.

Tune.  :thumbup

Offline Djibriliant

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2008, 03:51:37 pm »
i heard the acoustic version of rock n roll star today-never heard it before-class!
Apart from the heavier rock tracks most of them are better with Noel and Gem doing Acoustic...but you can't really have songs like Stand by me as an acoustic
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline jimmy d

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2008, 04:28:10 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oasis%27_seventh_studio_album

I reckon none of them songs will appear on the new album, they are all leftovers from previous albums

Revolution Song is a mega song
"In the Champions League, Liverpool can beat any team. And we are going to go far in the Champions League again." - Pepe

Offline kev78

• Legacy Fan
  • Deep Shit
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2008, 04:44:09 pm »
Heard rumours that they might do a residency at the o2 arena this year. Would be pretty cool if true.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2008, 03:35:38 pm »
Only got the Lord Don't Slow Me Down dvd a week or so ago.  Haven't watched the main feature yet, but throroughly enjoyed the gig as I was there that day.

I THINK I am in the centre page of the booklet insert too.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2008, 06:30:45 pm »
heres a track by track account of the new Album posted by some fella on an oasis form, however before anyone gets their knickers in a twist id say this is 100% bullshit because all the lyrics this bloke remembers were bits that had already been known and most of the other information had been gathered in the last 4 or 5 months and can be found on wikipedia, plus the post was his first and last i believe on the forum he posted on, though saying that it's still good fun to read any ways

i live in LA and my studio is hosting oasis' mixing sessions. my boss knows im a fan and invited me for a listen. the even made me empty my pockets before they played it! i couldnt help jotting down an few things to share tho! (tracklisting may not be exact - i was too excited to remember)

Boy with the Blues: Mostly acoustic, a rarity for this album. Written by Liam, but Gem will probably end up with a credit on the album as well. Quite similar to “The Meaning of Soul”. This will be the opening single.

Sweet and Sour: Written by Gem. One of the many tracks held back from the DBTT sessions. The outro actually features a Liam/Noel/Gem harmony.

To Love True Love: The first Noel song on the record, written and sung. Will most likely end up as a single. Includes the lyric, “If there’s a God, He will be crashing when you burn. But that’s to love true love, true love”. Very compelling string section to this one.

Stop The Clocks: The long awaited song comes to fruition. It’s much shorter than initially expected, clocking in a just over 4 minutes. The song is as good as advertised. The lyrics leaked previously are in fact correct. But it is strange to see 2 noel-sung songs at #3 and #4 on the tracklisting.

The Magic Can’t Be Right: Noel penned, Liam vocals. Steers the album away from the “big orchestra” sound for a moment and gets back to 5-piece rock and roll.

Guess I’m Out of Time: Written and sung by Liam. String-oriented and just flat out trippy. Within you / Without you – escque. Hypnotizing.

Evil Eye: The third Liam-penned track of the record. It’s a big, magical song that’s heavy on the organs, strings and horns. Opening lyric is a sneering, “Don’t give me that evil eye / It’s not very wise”. The song inspired the following Liam quote, "There's lots of cool parts, man. Really, we're throwing everything at it. It's gonna be cool, man."

A Ballad for Lovers: Andy’s only appearance as a songwriter on the record. The only other all-acoustic song on the record (with Boy with The Blues). Placed here, it almost works as an epilogue for the tidal wave that is “Evil Eye”. Liam vocals doubled over beautiful piano riffs and cascading acoustic guitars.

Let It Come Down Over Me: Another Noel written, Liam sungs tune. Was initially slated to be the final track on DBTT, until Sardy convinced Noel to re-work Let There Be Love.

I Want to Live in a Dream with my Record Machine: No surprises here. Noel written and sung, complete with 3 guitar solos. Liam actually appears on this track, you can make his voice in the chanting backing vocals on the outro.

heres another bit of "info"  but i wouldnt read too much into it as we're smack bang in the middle of the fake interview/tracklisting/album tid-bits period that always happens before every Oasis album. in between the album being recorded and the first promo activities from either the band or their press office.

Q Magazine
"First Look at Oasis #7" with Luke Lewis

Release date: exact date TBA, expected late summer

Hot on the heels of our successful 2008 preview issue, Noel Gallagher has granted Q Magazine an exclusive peek into the upcoming seventh studio album from Oasis. This will mark the first release for Oasis on new label Universal, a deal which was inked last year. In our brief phone interview, Noel spoke highly of Universal, as he was quite pleased with the promotional support given in 2007, something definitely missing from the Sony years, at least in America.

Noel confirmed five songs that would be included on the as-of-yet untitled disc, including "I Wanna Live in a Dream in My Record Machine", "The Boy With the Blues", "Stop the Clocks", "A Sad Day in the World" and the previously released track "Lord Don't Slow Me Down". Noel and the band are set to join producer Dave Sardy soon in Los Angeles to approve the final mixes of all eleven tracks.

Noel added that two of the songs: "I Wanna Live in a Dream in My Record Machine" and "Stop the Clocks" set the tone for the entire album, and will likely be used to open and close the disc. In one word, he described the album as "psychedelic", and said that both songs take the listener on "an acid trip without the acid". When asked which previous album he would liken the new album to, Noel said it would be a cross between 'Be Here Now' and 'Don't Believe the Truth.' More details to come in our next issue.
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2008, 06:55:42 pm »
With out a shadow of a doubt my favourite band of all time. Got so many good memories from so many of there different songs. One of the only bands that no matter whats going on in life or what ever stick a few of there songs on and gets me bouncing. If you dont own the 'familiar to millions' album go out and get it tomorrow it is incredible.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Djibriliant

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2008, 07:00:31 pm »
With out a shadow of a doubt my favourite band of all time. Got so many good memories from so many of there different songs. One of the only bands that no matter whats going on in life or what ever stick a few of there songs on and gets me bouncing. If you dont own the 'familiar to millions' album go out and get it tomorrow it is incredible.
Agreed, only judging by songs and dvds Oasis are amazing live

Offline zimmie'5555

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2008, 01:51:35 am »
One of my favourite Oasis songs;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXrOZf9s0B0

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2008, 07:02:20 pm »
Could post every song of theres here and say why i love it or memories about it but ill go for this! One of my all time favourites of theres and amazing intro. Bouncing tune this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOTsS2mplA0&feature=related
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2008, 07:04:50 pm »
And this is my favourite song of all time. You know when you just hear a song and its just incredible! Words can not describe this song. Fuckin un real. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=g3C7DECI0jU
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 07:35:08 pm by Emlyn18 »

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2008, 07:29:14 pm »
pssst, here emlyn...ya posted the same song twice.

check out the Liam vocals on this one....love this song aswell, sheer class

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n2wYOmAbrYA
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 07:33:17 pm by Live4pool »

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2008, 07:34:30 pm »
shit wait there !

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2008, 07:35:30 pm »
there you go mate now try it!

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2008, 12:50:41 am »
pssst, here emlyn...ya posted the same song twice.

check out the Liam vocals on this one....love this song aswell, sheer class

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n2wYOmAbrYA

Fantastic that - great song.

How do you list your favourite Oasis songs though...?!

Any Ryan Adams fans lurking in the Oasis thread??

Offline zimmie'5555

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2008, 03:38:13 pm »

:wave

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2008, 03:59:06 pm »

Fuck no! And this is an Oasis thread so leave shite like that out of here!!!!!

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2008, 08:52:14 pm »
Could post every song of theres here and say why i love it or memories about it but ill go for this! One of my all time favourites of theres and amazing intro. Bouncing tune this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOTsS2mplA0&feature=related

fucking top top tune that, me mate is in a band and  hes just lernd it , he was round mine last night playing it

8)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 08:54:24 pm by grimreaper »

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #141 on: March 1, 2008, 02:22:09 pm »
Just watching the new DVD now. Got it for christmas and forgot all about it until now. Fucking brilliant!!!

The band commentary is hillarious. I love the piss take on girls aloud. Noel calling Ashley coles missus a geordie c*nt :)
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Stranger in a strange land; vaguely Amish.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Homophobic, apparently. Probably racist as well.
« Reply #142 on: March 1, 2008, 02:26:14 pm »
I'm not one, but surely this should be called: Oasis fans - be here now?
M'eh

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #143 on: March 1, 2008, 02:30:11 pm »
I'm not one, but surely this should be called: Oasis fans - be here now?

Read the instructions of the opening post  :wave

This isn't for none fans , if you are, then, please FUCK OFF.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Stranger in a strange land; vaguely Amish.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Homophobic, apparently. Probably racist as well.
« Reply #144 on: March 1, 2008, 02:31:02 pm »
Don't you oppress me, it's still sort of a free country.
M'eh

Offline MONTREAL_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 3, 2008, 05:19:17 am »
one of those bands whose music will remain great for a long time to come. i still listen to them quite frequently and do not seem to get tired of their sound. true legends they are

love seeming the youtube videos of them, have not seen some of them for a long time.
"OH! What a dog's hole is Manchester"
- Sir John Byng

Offline JoeK210185

• Legacy Fan
  • The Dirk-horse, Benno Magic
« Reply #146 on: March 6, 2008, 01:45:08 am »
anybody happen to have the "lost songs" torent in full?

Can't seem to get the b side tracks anywhere??
fuck u moyes you fucking bugeyed c*nt

YNWA
                              JFT96

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2008, 03:30:08 pm »
Just incase anybody who is interested hadn't stumbled on this yet...

Oasis' cover of Ryan Adams' cover of Oasis' 'Wonderwall' is on the band's myspace page...

Offline Djibriliant

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2008, 04:46:44 pm »
Just incase anybody who is interested hadn't stumbled on this yet...

Oasis' cover of Ryan Adams' cover of Oasis' 'Wonderwall' is on the band's myspace page...
link?

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack

Online Carras Left Foot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2008, 09:02:59 pm »
I fucking love Oasis; me and me bro went to see them about 5 times during the 2005/06 tour including the City of Manchester gig and Madison Square Garden (Great memory from MSG; some lad threw his Morning Glory vinyl up on stage and Noel went over and signed it, brilliant!)

Also went to Milton Keynes but it was pretty shit to be honest, too many people throwing bottles of piss about.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2008, 09:13:33 pm »
Also went to Milton Keynes but it was pretty shit to be honest, too many people throwing bottles of piss about.

yeah I went to that too. A load of drunk wankers acting like they've never been out before. Its been the same every time I've seen them outdoors.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2008, 10:12:42 pm »
Heres another sunday morning call......class song.

Offline lurganboy

• Legacy Fan
  • Look! It's that bellend from 606!
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2008, 10:27:51 pm »
A really chav band, with really chav fans.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2008, 01:09:05 pm »
i take it you're one then seeing as you saw 'Oasis... fans.... in.... here' and decided to pop in.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2008, 08:26:25 pm »
A really Chelsea band, with really Chelsea fans.

Don't get that at all...?

Offline Djibriliant

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2008, 09:12:05 pm »
Heres another sunday morning call......class song.
Made the mistake of setting it as my alarm signal a while back, now I can't stand the song

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2008, 09:25:38 pm »
Apart from the heavier rock tracks most of them are better with Noel and Gem doing Acoustic...but you can't really have songs like Stand by me as an acoustic

When "Be here now" was released there was a TV docu with them doing "Stand by me" acoustically, with Noel harmonising in the chorus, and it was fucking fantastic.

In fact, here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2AYeBrt920
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2008, 09:35:16 pm »
Don't get that at all...?

Ch.av autocorrects to Chelsea.

Offline Djibriliant

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2008, 01:14:09 pm »
When "Be here now" was released there was a TV docu with them doing "Stand by me" acoustically, with Noel harmonising in the chorus, and it was fucking fantastic.

In fact, here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2AYeBrt920
Very nice, but prefer the actual single