Author Topic: 'Sopranos' fans- S6 and general gubbins in here. No Spoilers.  (Read 277013 times)

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
Re: 'Sopranos' fans
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2006, 01:09:48 pm »
Series 2 and 3 were the best of the Five IMO.

Didn't enjoy S3 fully until I watched it over on DVD. At time of broadcast, I thought it was a backwards step from the quality of S2 (which remains my favourite season- Richie Aprile is one evil bastard) but after taking the time to watch it again it started to click into place.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2006, 02:20:42 pm »
Didn't enjoy S3 fully until I watched it over on DVD. At time of broadcast, I thought it was a backwards step from the quality of S2 (which remains my favourite season- Richie Aprile is one evil bastard) but after taking the time to watch it again it started to click into place.

Yep same here. Watched season 3 twice over to fully appreciate it.

Aprile was a great/fucked up character though. Who likes pointing a gun at someone's head while your having sex with them?  ;D
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #82 on: March 3, 2006, 09:53:59 am »
me! :D
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline Hugh

• Zit, just to the right of his nose, below the lip.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Man of the People
    • Hugh O'Connell
« Reply #83 on: March 3, 2006, 08:16:44 pm »
Yep same here. Watched season 3 twice over to fully appreciate it.

Aprile was a great/fucked up character though. Who likes pointing a gun at someone's head while your having sex with them?  ;D

Hey it's probably not as wierd as Ralphie (I think!) getting his bird to poor candle wax over his balls before he goes into the bathroom and shines the trumpet for an hour.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #84 on: March 3, 2006, 09:19:02 pm »
Quality scene  :D
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Hugh

• Zit, just to the right of his nose, below the lip.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Man of the People
    • Hugh O'Connell
« Reply #85 on: March 4, 2006, 02:32:18 pm »
Quality scene  :D

I don't remember it being a scene, just his bird telling Tony what they did, fucking wierd!

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #86 on: March 4, 2006, 03:53:35 pm »
I don't remember it being a scene, just his bird telling Tony what they did, fucking wierd!

Oh yeah, you are right.

Think he was telling Vito and Eugene.

Offline Izzy Bully*****

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: March 5, 2006, 09:24:24 am »
does anyone know the date,the new serie's start's over here.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #88 on: March 5, 2006, 11:16:05 am »
I would imagine it would be at the end of the summer.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #89 on: March 6, 2006, 06:15:27 pm »
Only 6 days left till we are able to "acquire" the first episode of season 6  :D

Offline snez1

• Kopite
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2006, 06:42:53 pm »
Where can we download them from?  Are they good quality?  WHEN IS IT OUT HERE?!  WHY ISNT IT  OUT NOW?!   HOW MUCH LONGER CAN I GO WITHOUT A NEW EPISODE?!!

Fucking class show, bursting to see series 6 - just been reading a few bits and pieces about the new episode - anyone who has any new infor please give it up.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2006, 07:08:07 pm »
On a slight tangent, anyone know where i can get the full version of Alabama 3's "Woke Up This Morning"? I'm after the one with the big intro with all that "So long Billie Holiday, So long Muddy Waters..." on it.

I had it ages ago, but lost it, and every version i get seems to e just the bit starting with "I woke up this morning, got myself a gun..."

Any help mucho apreciado :wave

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2006, 07:32:15 pm »
Dunno whether I want to "aquire" Series 6. I like watching them on telly each week when they come on over here. I probably won't be able to help myself though.

Offline wilo in berlin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2006, 11:15:13 pm »
Watched Mean Streets the other day and recognised one of the voices... new it was Sopranos, took me about 10 minutes to get to Richie Aprile, then spent the rest of the film saying its him, no it looks nothing like him... its deffo him look at that smile, NO WAY etc.

Just confirmed on IMDb that it is him! Plays the bar owner.

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2006, 11:17:15 pm »
Watched Mean Streets the other day and recognised one of the voices... new it was Sopranos, took me about 10 minutes to get to Richie Aprile, then spent the rest of the film saying its him, no it looks nothing like him... its deffo him look at that smile, NO WAY etc.

Just confirmed on IMDb that it is him! Plays the bar owner.

I'll blow my own trumpet (I'll have to, the missus is working nights) and say I recognised him straight away. Quite a few links between Sopranos and Scorsese/Coppola.

Offline wilo in berlin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2006, 11:32:21 pm »
I'll blow my own trumpet (I'll have to, the missus is working nights) and say I recognised him straight away. Quite a few links between Sopranos and Scorsese/Coppola.
Well done, they are all over the place in general but I just couldn't convince myself it was him. When he spoke there was no question but he hasn't half changed in 25 years.

Off topic completely but such a shame about De Niro, entirely different thread but can't think of anything he has done since The Score (where he never got out of 3rd gear imo) which has been remotely good.

Just finished watching the first series of Crime Story by Micheal Mann. The style is a bit dated but I really really enjoyed it. I am a Mann fan in general, and in fact there are some scenes from this which he has put almost exactly into Heat. You can pick it up for under £15 and could be a nice stop gap before Sopranos 6 is here.

Offline IloveGuinness17

• Knows fuck all about waves...
  • Legacy Fan
  • M.I.A.
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2006, 10:51:10 pm »
Just saw the first episode of season 6 last night. Let me tell you, it will blow your mind.
JFT 96-Solidarity

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2006, 11:02:00 pm »
Mafia? What mafia. Just watchin a documentary on the mafia now on channel 5, love stuff like this

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2006, 11:05:05 pm »
There's an old Granada series called Crime Incorporated (I think) that you can get on DVD. If you've not seen it, well worth seeing.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2006, 11:07:05 pm »
I'll hav to look out for that ta. Am really into all this kind of stuff, havin come from sicilian ancestory myself. Read lots of books and that. Some very interesting stuff

Offline wilo in berlin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2006, 11:13:23 pm »
Mafia? What mafia. Just watchin a documentary on the mafia now on channel 5, love stuff like this
I'm the same as you mate, love all that kind of stuff. I moved to Rome about 18mths ago and within a couple of weeks we (me and girlfriend) paid a dodgy politician and military pilot a back hander in a cafe. It was fantastic. Brown paper bag, corner of the room, red and white checkered tables cloths. I didn't understand a word they said but obviously tried to look the part. He introduced us to a "friend" but we never quite got his name. Bent as hell round here.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2006, 12:36:49 am »
Just started watching the sopranos- trying not to read this thread in case of spoilers!

Been watching it on more4 as they have just started from the beginning. I was watching it tonight when Tony thinks that Pussy is wired up- he gets Paulie to follow him etc and the police man who told Tony (the dad from Home Alone) throws himself off a bridge.

I think I missed a bit of the ending- did Tony have the other fat guy killed in this episode? As he thought that he was the rat, not pussy? It ended with Mikey saying that Tony was going to be killed at his Uncle's request.

Please told tell me any spoilers about this- just wondering if Tony killed the guy who he thought was the rat- the younger guy, not Pussy.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2006, 01:25:15 am »

I think I missed a bit of the ending- did Tony have the other fat guy killed in this episode? As he thought that he was the rat, not pussy?

Yeah, that was Jimmy Altieri.

Later found dead in an alleyway with a rat in his mouth... as seen here.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2006, 08:23:51 am »
What a first episode!  :D

Great ending as well.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2006, 05:23:56 pm »
What a first episode!  :D

Great ending as well.

How did you see it? Where can i get it from? I just cant wait til summer!!!

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2006, 05:26:22 pm »
I'm d/l it at the moment at home. Should be finished by the time I get in.

There are torrents out there...

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2006, 05:33:40 pm »
Yeah think im downloading it now, never used these torrents things before and it seems to easy to be actually working, i just downloaded Utorrent, then searched for it and clicked on it, seems to be downloading tho :-/

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2006, 05:37:14 pm »
Word to the wise- in case anyone is passing by this thread- NO FUCKING SPOILERS.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
Re: 'Sopranos' fans- S6 and general gubbins in here. No Spoilers.
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2006, 05:42:06 pm »
Word to the wise- in case anyone is passing by this thread- NO FUCKING SPOILERS.

Nice one!

You reckon im downloading it right Hoodmeister?

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2006, 05:48:38 pm »
Think you should get a tiny file first, which you then open and it'll link you to the actual file. You should get a window telling you how it's progressing. Not the most clued up on it though.

Offline Bullan

• I can't believe I ate the whole thing...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2006, 05:49:26 pm »
Definitely a fan of the whole caboodle. Think I've seen Goodfellas 18 times now.  :-[  I love de Niro in it- that bit where he's at the bar and his eyes tell you he's planning to kill all his coconspirators in the heist-
Cue the epilogue of Layla getting louder and louder and reaching a crescendo .. fantastic stuff.
I hate every ape I see.
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.
Oh, my God, I was wrong,
It was Earth all along.
You finally made a monkey...

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2006, 05:50:55 pm »
Cue the epilogue of Layla getting louder and louder and reaching a crescendo .. fantastic stuff.

As the camera slowly pans up the pink Cadillac... cinematic heroin  ;D

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2006, 05:51:38 pm »
Think you should get a tiny file first, which you then open and it'll link you to the actual file. You should get a window telling you how it's progressing. Not the most clued up on it though.
Oh dear none of that happened, just started downloading a big file, like a kind of Limewire system, then again the file im gettin is only 180MB which seems small ???

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2006, 07:36:25 pm »
anyone know where i can get the full version of Alabama 3's "Woke Up This Morning"? I'm after the one with the big intro with all that "So long Billie Holiday, So long Muddy Waters..." on it.

It's on A3's brill debut 'Exile on Coldharbour Lane'.

You'll fall in love with every tune and if you boom it out the car radio, people will ask you wtf it is. 8)
Kill the humourless

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2006, 07:37:40 pm »
Cheers fella, i'll have a search for it, i DO like the rest of the song, like the bit off the opening credits, but its that intro that make it for me :)

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2006, 07:43:02 pm »
Oh dear none of that happened, just started downloading a big file, like a kind of Limewire system, then again the file im gettin is only 180MB which seems small ???

Depends on your P2P software, Shareaza used to do that I think? Anyway my file is 360-odd Mb, so one half that size wouldn't be decent quality I'd think?

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2006, 08:50:34 pm »

The song when the camera moves into De Niros face is 'Sunshine of your Love' by Cream- not Layla
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2006, 09:06:02 am »
Right. Saw Ep 1 last night.
Excellent.
No spoilers, but...

Meadow can do that dance for me any day of the week. And twice on Tuesdays.
Vito 'Slimmer of the Year' Spatafore.  ;D
Eugene Pontecorvo  :o
Uncle Jun  :o
Someone needs to sort out Philly Leotardo. NOW.
Got to love Tony's method of shopping for shades.

Offline Bullan

• I can't believe I ate the whole thing...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speed of The Sound Of Loneliness
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2006, 09:21:39 am »
As the camera slowly pans up the pink Cadillac... cinematic heroin  ;D
Almost as good as Samuel Barbers Adagio for strings in THAT scene from Platoon.

I hate every ape I see.
From chimpan-a to chimpan-z,
No, you'll never make a monkey out of me.
Oh, my God, I was wrong,
It was Earth all along.
You finally made a monkey...

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2006, 10:51:16 am »
Right. Saw Ep 1 last night.
Excellent.
No spoilers, but...

Meadow can do that dance for me any day of the week. And twice on Tuesdays.
Vito 'Slimmer of the Year' Spatafore.  ;D
Eugene Pontecorvo  :o
Uncle Jun  :o
Someone needs to sort out Philly Leotardo. NOW.
Got to love Tony's method of shopping for shades.

Medows little dance was excellent  :D

As for uncle june, I was pissing myself at the end.

Roll on next sunday!