Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458474 times)

Online djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #63040 on: October 13, 2021, 09:34:03 pm »
The rule by ours is now if one tests positive the other is to stay away from school for 3 days then do a PCR before they can go back in. Local PHE came up with this on their own, nothing to do with the Govt incompetents
Think this or something that goes a little further needs to come in nationwide very soon. It was a huge mistake to go down the route they have. It needs to come in quick too, ideally by next week but certainly be in place after mid term break. Without it then their plan B needs to come in by the end of this month, but that’s as unlikely as the school change.

We’re not in good shape at all at the exact pivotal time that we needed to be. We’re bang on the time last year when infections and hospitalisations started to ramp up consistently and here we are this year with a lot of indicators flashing warning signs again.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63041 on: October 13, 2021, 09:59:52 pm »
Think this or something that goes a little further needs to come in nationwide very soon. It was a huge mistake to go down the route they have. It needs to come in quick too, ideally by next week but certainly be in place after mid term break. Without it then their plan B needs to come in by the end of this month, but that’s as unlikely as the school change.

We’re not in good shape at all at the exact pivotal time that we needed to be. We’re bang on the time last year when infections and hospitalisations started to ramp up consistently and here we are this year with a lot of indicators flashing warning signs again.

And the flashing warning signs will be ignored by the blinkered ones yet again.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #63042 on: October 14, 2021, 07:45:02 am »
42776 new cases and 136 deaths reported today.

Why are cases still so high compared to Europe?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63043 on: October 14, 2021, 08:02:00 am »

They still have more restrictions than us.

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #63044 on: October 14, 2021, 08:15:21 am »

Agree 100% from a purely anecdotal point of view, I.e. my wife’s school where COVID is taking off. Doesn’t look good going into winter. They’re going to screw up….YET AGAIN, if they haven’t already.

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63045 on: October 14, 2021, 08:17:35 am »
And the flashing warning signs will be ignored by the blinkered ones yet again.
Of course they will. They’ll be a minimum 2-3 weeks behind the curve/ too late when they do something, IF they do something.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63046 on: October 14, 2021, 09:26:38 am »

Schools are insisting kids get tested too, so that is going to be driving the testing numbers right up and therefore the positive tests I would expect. Its flying through the eldest lads school and schools all over Trafford, so that will be repeated nationwide.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63047 on: October 14, 2021, 09:28:33 am »
Of course they will. They’ll be a minimum 2-3 weeks behind the curve/ too late when they do something, IF they do something.

Then Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, the absolute useless pile of piss and shit, will ride in like a fucking Knight on a white Horse and save Christmas and the stupid c*nts we sadly have to share an island with will lap it up.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63048 on: October 14, 2021, 10:03:53 am »
Then Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, the absolute useless pile of piss and shit, will ride in like a fucking Knight on a white Horse and save Christmas and the stupid c*nts we sadly have to share an island with will lap it up.
Yep, that just about sums it up

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63049 on: October 14, 2021, 12:07:22 pm »
LFT Tests are more accurate than first thought

Covid: Lateral flow tests more accurate than first thought, study finds
By Philippa Roxby
Health reporter

Published1 hour ago
Related Topics
Coronavirus pandemic

Media caption,Laura Foster explains what a lateral flow test is and how to do one
Lateral flow tests (LFTs) are very good at detecting people most likely to spread Covid-19 and positive results should be trusted, say University College London researchers.

When LFTs were introduced, they were criticised for being less accurate than PCR tests, which are analysed in a lab.

But the study found rapid tests were "a very useful public health tool" for stopping the spread of the virus.

One third of people with Covid can spread it while showing no symptoms.

Based on the UCL research, Prof Irene Petersen, lead study author, said people who get a positive LFT result "should trust them and stay at home".

But government guidance says people must get a follow-up PCR test after a positive LFT to confirm they have Covid - and they can end their self-isolation when they get a negative result in a PCR test.

How do I get my free Covid tests?
How can I tell if I've got Covid?
There have been recent reports of this happening in south-west England, leaving people unsure whether to isolate or not.

The UK's Health Security Agency said it was looking into the cause, but there was no evidence of any technical issues with test kits.

Prof Petersen said: "When [Covid is] more common, there is no need to confirm it with a PCR - it's more likely it is a positive," she said.

Rapid results
When the researchers used a new formula for calculating the rapid test's accuracy, they found LFTs were more than 80% effective at detecting any level of Covid-19 infection and likely to be more than 90% effective at detecting who is most infectious when they use the test.

This is much higher than previously thought, they say.

Prof Michael Mina, from Harvard School of Public Health, also part of the research team, said the LFTs could "catch nearly everyone who is currently a serious risk to public health" when viral loads are at their peak.

"It is most likely that if someone's LFT is negative but their PCR is positive, then this is because they are not at peak transmissible stage," he said.

The rapid tests are widely used in schools, workplaces and for allowing entry to large events to test those with no symptoms.

'Apples and oranges'
Since they were introduced in secondary schools in England in March, NHS Test and Trace figures show 103,409 LFT tests have come back positive, 79,000 were matched with a confirmatory PCR and 69,500 of those were confirmed positive (and 7,647 came back negative).

There was much criticism of the rapid tests when they were first trialled in Liverpool last year because they were directly compared to PCR tests, which were often described as the gold standard.

"This is like comparing apples and oranges," Prof Petersen said.

Lateral flow tests and PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests do different things:

LFTs pick up the most infectious people by detecting material from the surface proteins of the virus
PCRs detect genetic material of the virus which can be present in the body for several weeks after somebody is actually capable of passing it on
'Confused'
The UCL peer-reviewed study concludes that criticism of LFTs for low sensitivity "have reached the wrong conclusions", "confused policy-making" and "damaged public trust in LFTs".

Health professionals and the public should be aware of what the tests do, said the researchers, writing in Clinical Epidemiology.

And they acknowledge that errors in the way people take the tests or in the way they are processed in the lab could affect results - and these factors were not taken into account in their study.

The current government guidance says that if you receive a negative follow-up PCR test result, and this PCR test was taken within two days of the positive LFT, you will be told by NHS Test and Trace that you can stop self-isolating.

However, it states that you must continue to self-isolate if the PCR result is positive, you choose not to take a follow-up PCR or the test was taken more than two days after the positive LFT.

Dr Sophia Makki, incident director for Covid-19 at the UK Health Security Agency, said: "Around one in three people who have Covid-19 never show any symptoms.

"Using LFDs (lateral flow devices) help to find asymptomatic cases who have a high viral load and are most likely to pass on the virus to others."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58899612
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63050 on: October 14, 2021, 01:16:20 pm »
Schools are insisting kids get tested too, so that is going to be driving the testing numbers right up and therefore the positive tests I would expect. Its flying through the eldest lads school and schools all over Trafford, so that will be repeated nationwide.

Ten out of a class of twenty seven in my 15 year old grandson (including him) currently off with positive tests.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63051 on: October 14, 2021, 01:44:39 pm »

Asked my German family about what happens in schools there. Masks mandatory. All non-vaccinated (and not recently infected) kids (and teachers) have to do LFT tests 3x a week. If positive, they have to do a PCR and track+trace look at close contacts and if anyone else needs to quarantine. They also still have year group bubbles.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63052 on: October 14, 2021, 01:57:37 pm »
Asked my German family about what happens in schools there. Masks mandatory. All non-vaccinated (and not recently infected) kids (and teachers) have to do LFT tests 3x a week. If positive, they have to do a PCR and track+trace look at close contacts and if anyone else needs to quarantine. They also still have year group bubbles.
here of course it's a free for all, the government has pretty given up, I do wonder where we will be in a month's time with the absence of any effective strategy
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63053 on: October 14, 2021, 02:11:46 pm »

Trafford have put all the senior schools on daily LFTs now, masks are back at schools, PCR test if showing symptoms is being requested and if positive any school age siblings are to go into a 2/3 day isolation and they for a PCR before they can go back to school. Trafford is a Labour council.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #63054 on: October 14, 2021, 02:43:31 pm »
Trafford have put all the senior schools on daily LFTs now, masks are back at schools, PCR test if showing symptoms is being requested and if positive any school age siblings are to go into a 2/3 day isolation and they for a PCR before they can go back to school. Trafford is a Labour council.

Don’t think it matters what political council you’re in. A lot of secondary schools have brought mask wearing back and extra testing since mid September after the spikes started to happen.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #63055 on: October 14, 2021, 03:03:25 pm »
Out of five local secondary schools, only one is insisting on LFT before attending the open evening (for prospective pupils)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63056 on: October 14, 2021, 03:19:38 pm »
Don’t think it matters what political council you’re in. A lot of secondary schools have brought mask wearing back and extra testing since mid September after the spikes started to happen.

Kate Green is my MP and she was heavily against a lot of what the Tories were doing, so I'd expect the Labour council to go with the same thinking, whereas I cannot see many Tory councils going against what the scruffy c*nt and the rest of the pricks wants. If we were still Tory run at council level I'd be surprised if they didn't tow the party line.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #63057 on: October 14, 2021, 04:25:20 pm »
Not putting any mitigation in schools is ridiculous (as was all the dithering over the vaccines through the summer holidays).

It was always going to batter through the schools during winter term.

At least at Uni a lot of students are double vaccinated now.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #63058 on: October 14, 2021, 04:29:53 pm »
Gf's had a negative LFT today, first one since her positive PCR done exactly a week ago. Mine have been negative everyday, and whilst we've tried to be careful not spending much time together I have been going in the bedroom to take her brews/food/etc. and she's spent the odd bit of time in the kitchen seeing the doggo, so obviously the vax has given me some level of immunity.

Most of her symptoms have gone, taste is coming back slightly. However she has periods of feeling fine and then quite tired so still having some impact. Oxygen levels never dropped below 98% though which is a good sign (mine are often 92-94% due to my anemia so glad I didn't get this).

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63059 on: October 14, 2021, 04:32:49 pm »
Kate Green is my MP and she was heavily against a lot of what the Tories were doing, so I'd expect the Labour council to go with the same thinking, whereas I cannot see many Tory councils going against what the scruffy c*nt and the rest of the pricks wants. If we were still Tory run at council level I'd be surprised if they didn't tow the party line.
I live in a Tory run area and can confirm they have zero recommendations to schools.  Most of the secondary schools - maybe even all of them now - are academies so independent of the council anyway and will no doubt all be doing different things.

The Director of Public Health is a regular feature on the regional news and he always recommends people keep wearing masks in public.  The council leader came on during a recent spike that put one of the districts top 3 in the country for rates and just says that everyone should follow national guidance - whatever that means.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #63060 on: October 14, 2021, 04:58:45 pm »
Cases up to 45,066 and deaths at 157.

The case numbers are becoming pretty concerning now.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #63061 on: October 14, 2021, 05:09:35 pm »
Out of five local secondary schools, only one is insisting on LFT before attending the open evening (for prospective pupils)

We've been to 4 prospective secondary schools over the last few weeks and literally no restrictions what so ever in place , I would imagine less than a dozen wearing masks at each  Classrooms packed out , big talks in halls that were crammed to the rafters

One of them doing free biscuits though so that was nice
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63062 on: October 14, 2021, 05:23:00 pm »
And Johnson backed Cummings when he was caught on his 'test drive'.

It now looks like the lover spurned getting revenge after Carrie took his place in Johnson's affections.

There all the fucking same. Jeremy C*nt was health secretary for 6 years and helped create the current situation in the NHS and now as head of Health Select Committee is on his soap box telling everyone how to fix the NHS somehow having been absolved of all responsibility himself. I’m no fan of Hancock but Hunts fingerprint is as much over this shambles as Hancocks.
Thinking is overrated.

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63063 on: October 14, 2021, 05:46:44 pm »

Bloody worrying.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #63064 on: October 14, 2021, 06:50:39 pm »

Unfortunately I’m in a Tory led council area, a lot of the schools brought mask wearing and other measures back in mid/late September when the schools in the area were seeing large spikes in cases. Although cases are still quite high in the schools, they’re a lot lower than what they were, so the extra measures have helped. Thankfully the schools seem to have a bit more common sense than our corrupt government.

Most secondary schools thoughout the country seem to be seeing these spikes, all at different times, it’s just ridiculous that the government hasn’t made these measures mandatory in schools, especially leading up into the winter and flu season.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #63065 on: October 14, 2021, 06:55:47 pm »

It'll probably push to 50k next week and then half term will slow the spread so it'll be back to 'nothing to see here' before the shit hits the fan again.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63066 on: October 14, 2021, 07:08:03 pm »
It'll probably push to 50k next week and then half term will slow the spread so it'll be back to 'nothing to see here' before the shit hits the fan again.

Also the speed at which they are vaccinating seems to have really slowed, only 1.2 million under 18’s have had a first dose, and 2.9 million people have had a booster. There’s currently about 250k total doses a day being administered, during the peak we were doing twice that and hitting nearly 700k on some days if I recall correctly.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #63067 on: October 14, 2021, 07:51:30 pm »
Also the speed at which they are vaccinating seems to have really slowed, only 1.2 million under 18’s have had a first dose, and 2.9 million people have had a booster. There’s currently about 250k total doses a day being administered, during the peak we were doing twice that and hitting nearly 700k on some days if I recall correctly.

We've been told by the school that they 'hope' to be able start the vaccinations in early November, along with the nasal flu spray for kids, seems to be a bit of delay in them getting the vaccinations.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63068 on: October 14, 2021, 08:09:46 pm »
My lad (13) is getting his vaccine mid Nov. Two weeks on from having covid and he still doesn't feel right, he's got a headache again and a cough, likely caught this bloody bad cold now.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63069 on: October 14, 2021, 08:17:21 pm »
My lad (13) is getting his vaccine mid Nov. Two weeks on from having covid and he still doesn't feel right, he's got a headache again and a cough, likely caught this bloody bad cold now.

Don’t get me started on the cold(s) that are going around now. I caught something about 8 weeks ago that was really nasty and took about 4 weeks to shake, eventually got much better, went to family function and bang, I’m right back to square one, that took about 3 weeks to get better from so went to my local for a few pints last Friday and then bang, Saturday I’m back to square one again, whether I have caught 3 different colds or can’t shake the first one I don’t know but it’s been dragging on for way too long now. I spoke to my GP yesterday and he said just said there’s a lot of it around and to just ride it out, and hopefully with what I have already had plus I have my flu jab tomorrow am hoping the end is in sight soon.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #63070 on: October 14, 2021, 08:23:02 pm »
We've been told by the school that they 'hope' to be able start the vaccinations in early November, along with the nasal flu spray for kids, seems to be a bit of delay in them getting the vaccinations.

End of November at my daughters school and this has been booked more or less since they went back in September
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #63071 on: October 14, 2021, 08:28:13 pm »
Leeds Light night tonight and tomorrow

150,000 plus attended in 2019

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #63072 on: October 14, 2021, 08:35:34 pm »
Leeds Light night tonight and tomorrow

150,000 plus attended in 2019
150,000 odd attended Silverstone for three days earlier in the summer. Didn’t result in a an increase in cases.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #63073 on: October 14, 2021, 08:41:08 pm »
150,000 odd attended Silverstone for three days earlier in the summer. Didn’t result in a an increase in cases.

Not sure it's summer anymore though

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #63074 on: October 14, 2021, 09:04:53 pm »
Not sure it's summer anymore though
Yeah I get that but there will be full stadiums at the weekend. Just don’t know why we’re still in the same mentality that a huge gathering is dangerous when statistically it’s minimal risk nowadays.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #63075 on: October 14, 2021, 09:29:29 pm »
Yeah I get that but there will be full stadiums at the weekend. Just don’t know why we’re still in the same mentality that a huge gathering is dangerous when statistically it’s minimal risk nowadays.

I'd love to see any figures that can say cramming 150,000 plus people into Leeds over 2 nights is minimal risk at this time of the year when quite frankly no one knows exactly how many of the people there have even been vaccinated for starters  . Figures are shooting up at the moment and events like this don't help at all but each to their own if you think it's ok

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63076 on: October 14, 2021, 09:34:30 pm »
I'd love to see any figures that can say cramming 150,000 plus people into Leeds over 2 nights is minimal risk at this time of the year when quite frankly no one knows exactly how many of the people there have even been vaccinated for starters  . Figures are shooting up at the moment and events like this don't help at all but each to their own if you think it's ok

Deaths have plateaued at around 130-150.  Nearly 80% of adults are double jabbed.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #63077 on: October 14, 2021, 09:38:45 pm »
70,000 went to TRMST festival in August and there was only 500 odd traced cases which equates to 0.7%. Get on with your life and enjoy it rather than feeding negativity. We haven’t gone through the last 20 months to just sit in our homes indefinitely and feeling scared of meeting in a large group. What was the point of being vaccinated if you clearly don’t think it’ll work?

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #63078 on: October 14, 2021, 09:39:07 pm »

Deaths have plateaued at around 130-150.  Nearly 80% of adults are double jabbed.

So you think that 130 to 150 a day  is ok then

And if you read what i said no ones knows how many people attending the event will be double jabbed
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:01:34 pm by Jono69 »

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #63079 on: October 14, 2021, 09:42:47 pm »
70,000 went to TRMST festival in August and there was only 500 odd traced cases which equates to 0.7%. Get on with your life and enjoy it rather than feeding negativity. We haven’t gone through the last 20 months to just sit in our homes indefinitely and feeling scared of meeting in a large group. What was the point of being vaccinated if you clearly don’t think it’ll work?

Like i said if you think it's ok then great and if people want to go then that's up to them . I'll be honest i really can't be arsed to discuss it anymore as it's pointless as we both have differing opinions