Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458298 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #63000 on: October 12, 2021, 01:58:25 pm »

Plus with Johnson on hols nothing is linked to him in the press so he's in the clear - all the scientists fault anyway isn't it /s 

Presenter on the radio, pushing the Tory guest into admitting that the main failing is that they didn't push back hard enough against the science.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63001 on: October 12, 2021, 02:27:09 pm »
No good will come of anything whilst these are in power.  They're the lowest of the low!

Sickening to think that they even managed to get wealthier by profiteering from the pandemic, dishing out contracts to their mates, wives and sisters while thousands died.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #63002 on: October 12, 2021, 02:41:06 pm »
Barclay saying one minute he hasn’t read the reapportionment and on the next show saying he is critical of what is in the report.
The lies just keep spewing out.
There is a video of Barclay on BBC QT rubbishing the science when our own prof John Ashton puts it out there.
Remember he was one of the first to question the Atletico game, when Johnson did that phony Q&A video with  Harries saying that sporting events were safe because they were outdoors, totally ignoring the fact that bars concourses and hospitality areas were indoor and rammed. As a result he was the subject of a Tory witch hunt just after that with social media pile on, and more twisted, complaints to his professional body accusing him of misconduct, which were totally unfounded but in effect neutralised his voice
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63003 on: October 12, 2021, 03:08:44 pm »
Watched Netflix how to become a Tyrant last night.
UK - watch this space.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #63004 on: October 12, 2021, 03:24:58 pm »
"Early response worst public health failure ever."

Watch there be no consequences coming out of this.

Their response will include ‘we were in unprecedented times’, ‘it was a pandemic that we’ve not seen for generations’, ‘we saved thousands of lives’, ‘the vaccine rollout was a huge success’, ‘we paid millions to be on furlough’, ‘we clapped for the NHS’  ::)

It’s sickening to think that this government will probably walk away with no repercussions from their handling of this.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63005 on: October 12, 2021, 03:38:49 pm »
Their response will include ‘we were in unprecedented times’, ‘it was a pandemic that we’ve not seen for generations’, ‘we saved thousands of lives’, ‘the vaccine rollout was a huge success’, ‘we paid millions to be on furlough’, ‘we clapped for the NHS’  ::)

It’s sickening to think that this government will probably walk away with no repercussions from their handling of this.

Sadly, this is what we expect from them, what galls is the media who support them and the voters who continue to vote for them regardless.

"Imagine if Liebour had been in power, they would have ruined us"

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63006 on: October 12, 2021, 05:19:55 pm »
38520 new cases and 181 deaths reported today.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63007 on: October 12, 2021, 05:58:51 pm »
Don’t know if anyone caught the state of Madeley on GMB this morning getting slapped down by Susanna Reid as he attempted to seemingly give government a bye ball re its disastrous handling of the pandemic.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsbirmingham/susanna-reid-snaps-at-richard-madeley-after-taking-issue-with-covid-comment-on-itv-gmb/ar-AAPq07M

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63008 on: October 12, 2021, 06:01:34 pm »
Don’t know if anyone caught the state of Madeley on GMB this morning getting slapped down by Susanna Reid as he attempted to seemingly give government a bye ball re its disastrous handling of the pandemic.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsbirmingham/susanna-reid-snaps-at-richard-madeley-after-taking-issue-with-covid-comment-on-itv-gmb/ar-AAPq07M

He'll be pissed off when he can't find any wine in Waitrose
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #63009 on: October 12, 2021, 07:01:07 pm »
Watched Netflix how to become a Tyrant last night.
UK - watch this space.

Watched that a month or so ago and yes you can see the tactics in use!

Anyway my prediction of frosts panto tomorrow was well off the mark, by 12 hours, he's already consigned the covid "mistakes" to the bin but not surprising as they wouldn't really want them in the print papers tomorrow morning for the gammons to read. Hope you all enjoyed the covid enquiry process /s

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63010 on: October 12, 2021, 08:42:04 pm »
Im still testing once a week, my last lateral flow was positive, followed it up with a PCR test which was negative, then I started to get symptoms, we’re talking within a day of the negative PCR.  Took another lateral flow test, again it returned a positive result.  Since then I read a Guardian report that this is happening a fair bit and the powers that be are looking into it.

It could be a cold that the Lateral flow is picking up, a dodgy batch, or something else.  Ive decided to isolate for 10 days just to be caredul.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63011 on: October 12, 2021, 08:55:12 pm »
Im still testing once a week, my last lateral flow was positive, followed it up with a PCR test which was negative, then I started to get symptoms, we’re talking within a day of the negative PCR.  Took another lateral flow test, again it returned a positive result.  Since then I read a Guardian report that this is happening a fair bit and the powers that be are looking into it.

It could be a cold that the Lateral flow is picking up, a dodgy batch, or something else.  Ive decided to isolate for 10 days just to be caredul.

Was going to say wise move, and I suggest you stick to it (and hopefully you stay well). Then I saw your location was Bristol and felt even surer of that (keep isolating!).

Something appears to be going awry with tests in the South West, your experience is by no means unique at the moment.

Can tell you for sure that it's being investigated at the moment (accompanying source is senior medical adviser to governemnt's twitter: https://twitter.com/SMHopkins/status/1447916110876119044 )

COuld be one of a number of things, but Occams razor I suspect the investigation will find that there is an issue with a private sector lab covering that area.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63012 on: October 12, 2021, 09:08:17 pm »
A teacher in my daughter’s year has her entire family with covid. she’s tested negative but has the symptoms. Now a few kids in her class have it. Bit of common sense probably needed.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63013 on: October 12, 2021, 10:01:01 pm »
A teacher in my daughter’s year has her entire family with covid. she’s tested negative but has the symptoms. Now a few kids in her class have it. Bit of common sense probably needed.

Problem is teachers and students are being told to come in unless they test positive. Some colleagues of mine are in school yet their own kids have tested positive this week. But that's the advice from PHE.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #63014 on: October 12, 2021, 10:23:21 pm »
He'll be pissed off when he can't find any wine in Waitrose
I assumed he was barred after his forgetful moment.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #63015 on: October 12, 2021, 10:50:32 pm »
So a damning All Party report on the lack of planning, and pathetically slow response. Where’s the P.M?

As numbers of Covid cases rise, food and fuel prices rise and supplies are scarce in places, there are ongoing filling station issues added to a chronic lack of drivers, where’s the P.M? - he’s fucked off again.

Holidays.

Both Max Hastings and Cummings have condemned him in excruciatingly harsh terms.

And he’s still flying high in the polls.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #63016 on: October 12, 2021, 10:52:07 pm »
Problem is teachers and students are being told to come in unless they test positive. Some colleagues of mine are in school yet their own kids have tested positive this week. But that's the advice from PHE.

Yup, and if you've a c*nt of a Head then you don't have a choice.

Some of the stories I could tell you of a Head in a school close to yours mate...

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #63017 on: October 12, 2021, 11:15:29 pm »
No good will come of anything whilst these are in power.  They're the lowest of the low!
ain't that the truth, they also couldn't give a flying fuck and the public just accept it as if they've left the door open and the Downing Street cat has got knocked over in Whitehall.

They can literally do anything they want and get away with it. If Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson murdered his wife's and baby live on the 6 o'clock news it would make no difference to his popularity as 'it's only Boris, love him'

I honestly don't know how to get rid of the c*nts as they are all teflon
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63018 on: October 13, 2021, 08:01:50 am »

Someone else had exactly the same problem a day or two ago. Dj on here said to order a postal PCR test, so it goes to a different lab.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63019 on: October 13, 2021, 09:27:23 am »
I took my son's best mate to school today/yesterday as his Mum has covid. His little brother is ill with all the symptoms of covid but pcr negative. We're in the south west. Hmm.
Nah.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63020 on: October 13, 2021, 09:28:54 am »
I took my son's best mate to school today/yesterday as his Mum has covid. His little brother is ill with all the symptoms of covid but pcr negative. We're in the south west. Hmm.
Also mad that he's still going to school, but rules are rules 👀
Nah.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63021 on: October 13, 2021, 09:38:35 am »
So a damning All Party report on the lack of planning, and pathetically slow response. Where’s the P.M?

As numbers of Covid cases rise, food and fuel prices rise and supplies are scarce in places, there are ongoing filling station issues added to a chronic lack of drivers, where’s the P.M? - he’s fucked off again.

Holidays.

Both Max Hastings and Cummings have condemned him in excruciatingly harsh terms.

And he’s still flying high in the polls.

Out of his two critics I’d put more credence in anything Hastings’ has to say rather than the spurned Cummins.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63022 on: October 13, 2021, 10:19:32 am »
Also mad that he's still going to school, but rules are rules 👀

The rule by ours is now if one tests positive the other is to stay away from school for 3 days then do a PCR before they can go back in. Local PHE came up with this on their own, nothing to do with the Govt incompetents
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63023 on: October 13, 2021, 11:51:55 am »
Out of his two critics I’d put more credence in anything Hastings’ has to say rather than the spurned Cummins.
Cummings does undermine his impartiality by constantly referring to Johnson as "the trolley".  I get where he's coming from and he's probably right that Johnson was just a semi-committed, constantly distracted, short on detail figurehead for those in the shadows.  Name calling is unlikely to win many people over though.

It may just be me but I also find Cummings' musings very hard to follow.  It's as if I'd just picked up a degree-level astrophysics textbook and flipped to page 200.  Unlike astrophysics though what he's talking about is so simple but he somehow makes it seem complicated.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #63024 on: October 13, 2021, 01:56:16 pm »
Why have they cancelled the London NYE fireworks? I highly doubt we will be in lockdown again, and more people will be vaccinated by then. I’m not entirely sure what they think is going to happen. There’s mass gatherings all the time at Christmas.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63025 on: October 13, 2021, 01:59:39 pm »
Why have they cancelled the London NYE fireworks? I highly doubt we will be in lockdown again, and more people will be vaccinated by then. I’m not entirely sure what they think is going to happen. There’s mass gatherings all the time at Christmas.

Might succeed where Guy Fawkes failed?

Online Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #63026 on: October 13, 2021, 02:12:20 pm »
The rule by ours is now if one tests positive the other is to stay away from school for 3 days then do a PCR before they can go back in. Local PHE came up with this on their own, nothing to do with the Govt incompetents

Ours is the same as Joffs , very bizarre situation really . One family we know and the mum and little brother caught it but the daughter and dad were fine but they took the decision and kept them both away from school for the duration

Had to sign my daughters school book last night and she had wrote some single digit numbers in each day for the last few weeks,  forgot to ask her about it and asked her on the way to school what it was and she said it was people off in her class , most days it was 6 to 9 children ( It's a mixture of Year 5 & 6 in her class)
After we had dropped her off my wife said you know why she's doing that don't you and said yes . It's her birthday today so they take sweets in to hand out at the end of the day so she was working out how many extra she might have to herself  ;D

Seems to be a pretty grim winter bug going round along with covid, daughter has been full of cold on and off since she went back and coughing like a bloody seal .
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63027 on: October 13, 2021, 02:16:43 pm »
Ours is the same as Joffs , very bizarre situation really . One family we know and the mum and little brother caught it but the daughter and dad were fine but they took the decision and kept them both away from school for the duration

Had to sign my daughters school book last night and she had wrote some single digit numbers in each day for the last few weeks,  forgot to ask her about it and asked her on the way to school what it was and she said it was people off in her class , most days it was 6 to 9 children ( It's a mixture of Year 5 & 6 in her class)
After we had dropped her off my wife said you know why she's doing that don't you and said yes . It's her birthday today so they take sweets in to hand out at the end of the day so she was working out how many extra she might have to herself  ;D

Seems to be a pretty grim winter bug going round along with covid, daughter has been full of cold on and off since she went back and coughing like a bloody seal .

My 11 yr old is the same, he's had a PCR and was negative. We fly to Cyprus next week and I'll basically have to lie on the forms to deny snotty noses and coughing

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63028 on: October 13, 2021, 02:42:00 pm »
My 11 yr old is the same, he's had a PCR and was negative. We fly to Cyprus next week and I'll basically have to lie on the forms to deny snotty noses and coughing

Don’t you have to do the PCR within 48 (or 72)hours of flying?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63029 on: October 13, 2021, 02:58:13 pm »

Maybe to mitigate against a surge similar to last winter. 

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63030 on: October 13, 2021, 03:12:15 pm »
Don’t you have to do the PCR within 48 (or 72)hours of flying?

The 13 yr old needs two, pre departure and another on landing in Cyprus, 11 yr old doesn't due to age and me and the wife don't due to us being double jabbed. If we were still in the EU, he wouldn't need to do the PCR's at all as the EU covid recovery pass would cover him seeing as he had in in September. The flightpass gets you to tick a box that confirms you haven't had any what amounts to cold symptoms in the previous 14 days. Its October, who bloody hasn't?

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63031 on: October 13, 2021, 03:34:17 pm »
The 13 yr old needs two, pre departure and another on landing in Cyprus, 11 yr old doesn't due to age and me and the wife don't due to us being double jabbed. If we were still in the EU, he wouldn't need to do the PCR's at all as the EU covid recovery pass would cover him seeing as he had in in September. The flightpass gets you to tick a box that confirms you haven't had any what amounts to cold symptoms in the previous 14 days. Its October, who bloody hasn't?

Sorry! Missed the ‘11yr old’ bit. Thanks for clarifying though as I’ve got to do this for my eldest soon too!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63032 on: October 13, 2021, 04:14:21 pm »
Sorry! Missed the ‘11yr old’ bit. Thanks for clarifying though as I’ve got to do this for my eldest soon too!

We've gone for the drive through test at Manc airport with Randox, result same day, £60 after using code Test21 from the Jet2 website. Its only £20 at Paphos airport :no

We might wait until we are away to order the 4 x day 2 at home PCR's we need when we get back, just in case they have changed to the LFT for the week starting 25th Oct.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63033 on: October 13, 2021, 05:05:35 pm »
42776 new cases and 136 deaths reported today.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63034 on: October 13, 2021, 05:12:00 pm »
Deaths seem to have plateaued at around 130-150 a-day.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #63035 on: October 13, 2021, 05:16:55 pm »
Deaths seem to have plateaued at around 130-150 a-day.

With some luck over the next few weeks with boosters and flu shots it should fall

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #63036 on: October 13, 2021, 05:24:40 pm »
Cummings does undermine his impartiality by constantly referring to Johnson as "the trolley".  I get where he's coming from and he's probably right that Johnson was just a semi-committed, constantly distracted, short on detail figurehead for those in the shadows.  Name calling is unlikely to win many people over though.

It may just be me but I also find Cummings' musings very hard to follow.  It's as if I'd just picked up a degree-level astrophysics textbook and flipped to page 200.  Unlike astrophysics though what he's talking about is so simple but he somehow makes it seem complicated.

Cummings loses all credibility because everything he say about Johnson is true, but it’s nothing that all of us didn’t already know and I’m sure none of us have even met the clown or move in his circles, but Cummings on the other hand would have known what Johnson was like from his own personal experience and still opted to work for him.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #63037 on: October 13, 2021, 05:33:30 pm »
Cummings loses all credibility because everything he say about Johnson is true, but it’s nothing that all of us didn’t already know and I’m sure none of us have even met the clown or move in his circles, but Cummings on the other hand would have known what Johnson was like from his own personal experience and still opted to work for him.

And Johnson backed Cummings when he was caught on his 'test drive'.

It now looks like the lover spurned getting revenge after Carrie took his place in Johnson's affections.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63038 on: October 13, 2021, 05:35:50 pm »
And Johnson backed Cummings when he was caught on his 'test drive'.

It now looks like the lover spurned getting revenge after Carrie took his place in Johnson's affections.

That's it exactly, Cummings should have stuck the knife in before he got sacked, people might have taken him seriously then.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63039 on: October 13, 2021, 05:50:42 pm »

But also, so little of what he says is actually true too. Like B Johnson as a journalist (where he was found to be a liar who made things up) he has that same sneaky habit of being able to call on just the right kind of example conveniently