Author Topic: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent  (Read 342435 times)

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
Re: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent
« Reply #2320 on: April 12, 2012, 07:55:44 pm »
Or not.. :lmao :lmao :lmao.. and who the fuck is Damo Comolo?

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #2321 on: April 12, 2012, 07:56:01 pm »
Just come home to this news.
Is this the big news that Royhendo was alluding to but holding back a few days ago?

Glad Comolli has gone, but it's hardly a ringing endorsement to Henderson, Downing, Carrol, Adam and Enrique.

I think Kenny will be next to go at the end of the season, FA Cup or not. Further plans are afoot, something that will either blow us away or anger some the fanbase.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2322 on: April 12, 2012, 07:56:04 pm »
Why not, there is enough conjecture going on to make a christmas cracker factory set for life.
If people can discuss Benitez, who isn't even in the club at the minute as "Director Of Football", whose remit was within the youth academy, why can't the position of Youth Academy Manager be discussed, with directly what we have, at hand?

Why did the Director of Football cross the road?

'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline chris18lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2323 on: April 12, 2012, 07:56:11 pm »
No, not at all, Carragher would be an excellent Youth Academy manager, he came through the ranks himself, knows the highs and the lows, loves the club and isn't he getting or already has his coaching badges.

He does a lot for the local community and sponsors a lot of youth teams around the area.

Why would you say I was on crack, what's your counter argument mate?

'If I did go into coaching, it would have to be at a senior level. I'm passionate about football and all I've ever wanted to do is win.
'I'm not really the kind of person to have the patience to improve the kids at the Academy.' - Carragher

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #2324 on: April 12, 2012, 07:56:45 pm »
i've been away for half an hour, anyone gone after the goaly coach?

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2325 on: April 12, 2012, 07:56:59 pm »
Why not, there is enough conjecture going on to make a christmas cracker factory set for life.

If people can discuss Benitez, who isn't even in the club at the minute as "Director Of Football", whose remit was within the youth academy, why can't the position of Youth Academy Manager be discussed, with directly what we have, at hand?

you obviously havent seen how every thread with the word Carra in ends up like.  Also, there has been no mention  by anyone at all that anything at the Academy is going to be changed so what is the point?
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2326 on: April 12, 2012, 07:57:24 pm »
'If I did go into coaching, it would have to be at a senior level. I'm passionate about football and all I've ever wanted to do is win.
'I'm not really the kind of person to have the patience to improve the kids at the Academy.' - Carragher

And we're done with the Carra/Academy discussion thanks.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2327 on: April 12, 2012, 07:58:22 pm »

Yeah someones gone after him, last I heard was Pepe was chasing him out of Melwood with a condom that Ngog left behind, it was the only thing he could find long enough to strangle the coach with.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #2328 on: April 12, 2012, 07:58:42 pm »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2329 on: April 12, 2012, 07:58:52 pm »
Carragher that's on record saying the youth Academy should only be for local lads and no player should leave their home country before they're 21? That's just what we need in charge of the Academy.

jesus, he's an old stubborn curmudgeon in his 30s....he'll be unbearable at 50, 60 and 70.....
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2330 on: April 12, 2012, 07:59:54 pm »
Yeah someones gone after him, last I heard was Pepe was chasing him out of Melwood with a condom that Ngog left behind, it was the only thing he could find long enough to strangle the coach with.

Nice one. I hope he catches the fucker! Will news of this make twitter, do you think?

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2331 on: April 12, 2012, 08:00:02 pm »
Some of the posts in this thread are priceless. Yes, that's exactly what FSG will have said.

Indeed. That will be why I started it with 'I read this as' and not FSG might have said this behind closed doors in a conversation that I have not been party too

Offline zuchum

• Anny Roader
  • Not that kind of poster
    • Twitter
Re: Comolli sacked by mutual consent
« Reply #2332 on: April 12, 2012, 08:00:07 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2333 on: April 12, 2012, 08:00:07 pm »
Do you envisage any other changes in the senior management of the club?

We do not. It's a good question. We believe the senior management is very strong, Ian Ayre is an outstanding managing director. His charge is to raise revenue so that we can put the resources into strengthening our football club. We've got great confidence in the other people in football operations, and so the answer is there will be no future changes of significance.

Yeah forgot about that :)

Responded to the changing of Ayre's role post. However, still think we will get someone in to run the ship so to speak, unless Werner and co become more hands on.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #2334 on: April 12, 2012, 08:00:21 pm »
Another quiet week for Liverpool Football club...

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2335 on: April 12, 2012, 08:00:42 pm »
Nice one. I hope he catches the fucker! Will news of this make twitter, do you think?

That's where I made it up found it.

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2336 on: April 12, 2012, 08:00:58 pm »
I not only blame the masseurs, I'm narrowing it down to Paul Small specifically.

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2337 on: April 12, 2012, 08:01:18 pm »
Here's a counter argument for you.

Why do you think that Carragher would make a good youth coach? Because he sponsors youth football and is taking his coaching badges doesn't mean he'd be a good coach. Main reason I think this is because he can barely adapt to another system of play, nevermind het others to adapt to it.

Take our academy for example, from the youth teams to the reserves, we're set up to play 4231 with pass and move football, not hoof and hope, not sit back and break, not too direct yet not to short in our passing, simple pass and move football.

Now, take Carragher under Kenny, every other player has adapted to the pass and move style, whereas Carragher, although there have been less hoofs, still tries to play the game his way, not the way Kenny wants and certainly not the way that helps the team out if we need a goal and all he does is smack it 70 yards upfield to the opposition.

You always get a sense of 'I'm Jamie Carragher, I'll play how I want' from him, now imagine the youth players coming through with that kind of attitude? It'd be more of a problem than a fix.

Surely thats more to do with his limited ability as player, and isnt much to do with the way he may or not feel football should be played. I stuggle to pass a football in a straight line, i need far too much time on the ball to get it under control, and i cant run to save my life. I wouldnt coach anybody the way i play, i would coach them the way i think they should play.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2338 on: April 12, 2012, 08:02:34 pm »
Surely thats more to do with his limited ability as player, and isnt much to do with the way he may or not feel football should be played. I stuggle to pass a football in a straight line, i need far too much time on the ball to get it under control, and i cant run to save my life. I wouldnt coach anybody the way i play, i would coach them the way i think they should play.

You miss the point mate, it's not that he can't coach them in different ways, it's that he seems to have the mentality whereby he wouldn't want to teach anyone in any other way than how he knows/plays.

Anyway, as Alan said, no more Carragher chat.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2339 on: April 12, 2012, 08:03:13 pm »
It's been over a year.

You're right. It's been a year and three weeks.

Still not a full season though as you suggested :P
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2340 on: April 12, 2012, 08:03:30 pm »
Here's a counter argument for you.

Why do you think that Carragher would make a good youth coach? Because he sponsors youth football and is taking his coaching badges doesn't mean he'd be a good coach. Main reason I think this is because he can barely adapt to another system of play, nevermind het others to adapt to it.

Take our academy for example, from the youth teams to the reserves, we're set up to play 4231 with pass and move football, not hoof and hope, not sit back and break, not too direct yet not to short in our passing, simple pass and move football.

Now, take Carragher under Kenny, every other player has adapted to the pass and move style, whereas Carragher, although there have been less hoofs, still tries to play the game his way, not the way Kenny wants and certainly not the way that helps the team out if we need a goal and all he does is smack it 70 yards upfield to the opposition.

You always get a sense of 'I'm Jamie Carragher, I'll play how I want' from him, now imagine the youth players coming through with that kind of attitude? It'd be more of a problem than a fix.

Erm. I didn't say nothing about Carragher being a coach, yes I did mention he is taking his Coaching badges. Your "Counter Argument" is putting words into my mouth, I didn't say that Carragher should coach the Academy to play the way he plays, or smack it 70 yards up the field.

Let's just say for instance that the director of Youth Academy was up for grabs, in a perfect world, who would you appoint?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2341 on: April 12, 2012, 08:03:57 pm »
Indeed. That will be why I started it with 'I read this as' and not FSG might have said this behind closed doors in a conversation that I have not been party too

And your point is? If you say "I read this as..." then presumably there must be something in the published comments from Werner and others that leads you to that conclusion.

Otherwise, why not start your post with "I've just made this next bit up based on nothing at all..." and we can all read it in the right way (ie - ignore it).
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2342 on: April 12, 2012, 08:04:11 pm »
Has Al 555 blamed Gerrard or Carragher yet?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2343 on: April 12, 2012, 08:04:27 pm »
Erm. I didn't say nothing about Carragher being a coach, yes I did mention he is taking his Coaching badges. Your "Counter Argument" is putting words into my mouth, I didn't say that Carragher should coach the Academy to play the way he plays, or smack it 70 yards up the field.

Let's just say for instance that the director of Youth Academy was up for grabs, in a perfect world, who would you appoint?

Please leave it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2344 on: April 12, 2012, 08:04:37 pm »

What has this got to do with Comolli leaving?
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2345 on: April 12, 2012, 08:04:45 pm »
Tell you what.

The Kit men should be fucking worried. Reina's shirt on Enrique was way too fucking big. The lack of preparation for something like that is inexcusable.

Overated, overpriced British kitmen we have. Im sure we can find some in Europe that are better at half the price.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2346 on: April 12, 2012, 08:04:52 pm »
Just come home to this news.
Is this the big news that Royhendo was alluding to but holding back a few days ago?
pretty sure it aint

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2347 on: April 12, 2012, 08:05:06 pm »

Honest answer, either Rafa or someone equally focused on developing youth players.

Anywho, who else are we expecting to leave? PR team perhaps?

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2348 on: April 12, 2012, 08:05:40 pm »
Has Al 555 blamed Gerrard or Carragher yet?

Wahahahahahaha.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Comolli sacked by mutual consent
« Reply #2349 on: April 12, 2012, 08:05:55 pm »
I blame the masseurs

Kit management coordinator?

As I was saying to my Beverage Dissemination Officer earlier, is that the fella who lays out the shirts and shorts, like?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2350 on: April 12, 2012, 08:06:06 pm »
Some season this has turned out to be though.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2351 on: April 12, 2012, 08:06:13 pm »
Tell you what.

The Kit men should be fucking worried. Reina's shirt on Enrique was way too fucking big. The lack of preparation for something like that is inexcusable.

Overated, overpriced British kitmen we have. Im sure we can find some in Europe that are better at half the price.

Europe? sod that... China is the place to be, save a fortune!
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2352 on: April 12, 2012, 08:06:29 pm »
A few further general thoughts on this before I go grab some dinner:

** This day raises far more questions than it answers.  The key one is around the future of KD this summer, but there are a number of other unanswered questions - will DC be replaced? 
Werner says yes he will.

If so, by whom?
Werner says they don't know yet.

Will they appoint a proper CEO?
Werner says not.

Will it be Dein, who has been seen at Anfield recently?
No.

What does this say about the transfer strategy this summer? 
That it won't be Comolli buying the players. But that players will be bought. We have money to spend, that seems clear.

What does it say about the future of the players signed during DC's tenure?
Nothing specifically. I don't expect a major clear-out of them, though.

What does it say about the moneyball philosophy?
Nothing. That's a baseball thing.

And why did they do it today, two days before a crucial cup match?
Good question.

Also, why did FSG appoint DC in the 1st place?
They needed a football man and already had contact with Comolli. His CV's pretty good.

And what is the real reason for the sacking?  Presumably that the transfers weren't up to scratch, but how much was DC involved?
Doubt we'll ever find out, but Werner says there was an agreed strategy that Comolli wasn't keeping to. Only guess I can make is that they only wanted to sign young players and DC blew £20m on Downing, but as I say, we'll probably never know for certain so it's not worth worrying about.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2353 on: April 12, 2012, 08:06:43 pm »
A few further general thoughts on this before I go grab some dinner:
** My honest opinion (and this is pure speculation now) is that KD will move upstairs this summer --- unless we win the FA Cup.

Struggled through the begininning of this, and stopped here.

I doubt that will make a difference, KD's performance will be judged across all competitions. More importantly the owners will look at how they perceive he can rebuild the team over the long term.

At least I hope that's how they look at things, and it's all speculation.  :)

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #2354 on: April 12, 2012, 08:06:46 pm »
I propose that we have one of these performance review days every season, much better entertainment than the transfer window. We could have Claire live on LFCTV outside Melwood with the microphone interviewing everyone before and after their reviews X Factor style lol.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #2355 on: April 12, 2012, 08:06:54 pm »
I don't buy all this 'they were Comolli's signings'. He has always stated he wouldn't force a player on a manager. Kenny could easily have hidden behind this sacking but he hasn't - as is typical of the man. He's stood up and said all the signings were his.

I really think this is the time for the owners to get behind Kenny.

And the fans.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2356 on: April 12, 2012, 08:07:14 pm »
Think the head of the legal team.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2357 on: April 12, 2012, 08:08:03 pm »
We're all excited about this match. We certainly feel the team is healthy and the team is committed. We just attended a practice where they are excited about returning to Wembley. There's only one team in England that has the possibility of winning this cup and the Carling Cup, and I think our supporters around the world should feel very confident.

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2358 on: April 12, 2012, 08:08:24 pm »
Think the head of the legal team.

and on its on twitter that apparently the head of analysis too

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #2359 on: April 12, 2012, 08:08:58 pm »
Presumably Comolli would have been in some sort of transfer negotiations, even if they were in initial stages. You would think he was, since its April and it's not unknown for clubs to start the negotiations for summer targets early, especially this year with the European Championship. I'm just trying to deduce who would take over now. Would that be Ian Ayre? Or were we not in any negotiations at all, which is why Comolli was let go before we actually start indulging in even lining up targets.
YWNA