Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226380 times)

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #360 on: April 3, 2017, 03:08:59 pm »
Hope that doesn't relegate you in to a sale with newbies next season

why would that bother me?
I go the match when I can go, if i miss out on a ticket , it's a pisser. But get on with it.

I was eligible for Dortmund away tickets last year, didnt buy, cause couldn't go. Thought it best for lads who could go.
Maybe took a chance but still was eligible and went the Final.

« Last Edit: April 3, 2017, 03:13:10 pm by stevo7 »

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: April 3, 2017, 06:56:42 pm »
why would that bother me?
I go the match when I can go, if i miss out on a ticket , it's a pisser. But get on with it.

I was eligible for Dortmund away tickets last year, didnt buy, cause couldn't go. Thought it best for lads who could go.
Maybe took a chance but still was eligible and went the Final.

People get absolutely consumed with it , my mate is one . It has totally taken him over.  It's the thought of missing a games in a later round kills him.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: April 4, 2017, 06:44:21 am »
It's been said on here before but some kind of anonymous way of registering the ticket you're using as touted whilst at the match with some kind of reward for those who do (credit transferred to them ect) needs to come in. Would go a long way towards those lads who have paid massively over face value helping to identify the touts. If someone wants to abuse the system and spend £500 each game to end up with maxed out membership then i'm not arsed so long as 19 touts are left back at square 1.

Mates sharing tickets would be fine cos they aren't gonna shop someone their mate but obviously this could cause an issue with the Face Value thread in case folks screwed over the people on there like.

Sorry to be negative but this is an absolute no-goer..

And that is from two reasons :

1) The people buying from touts believe they are doing them a favour; so why would they dry up their source..
2) An average joe giving in details with some of the touts that clearly can look after themselves; you have probably given either your mail-address and/or telephone number.. I dont think so..

If the club wants it, they would confiscate thousands of member cards every game and its the club that has to take the lead
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: April 4, 2017, 08:07:58 am »
If the club wants it, they would confiscate thousands of member cards every game and its the club that has to take the lead

They are. They were confiscating cards and tickets on Saturday, seen them doing it in the past but Saturday they were stopping people and asking them. They can spot the tourists.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: April 4, 2017, 09:57:04 am »
They are. They were confiscating cards and tickets on Saturday, seen them doing it in the past but Saturday they were stopping people and asking them. They can spot the tourists.

Sorry to be negative but this is an absolute no-goer..

And that is from two reasons :

1) The people buying from touts believe they are doing them a favour; so why would they dry up their source..
2) An average joe giving in details with some of the touts that clearly can look after themselves; you have probably given either your mail-address and/or telephone number.. I dont think so..

It makes me sick reading the comments on that touting page on fb, "thanks so much for making my dream come true" fucking more money than sense the twats. The buyers are as bad as the touts. They should get thrown out after the card gets confiscated.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #365 on: April 4, 2017, 10:04:16 am »

It makes me sick reading the comments on that touting page on fb, "thanks so much for making my dream come true" fucking more money than sense the twats. The buyers are as bad as the touts. They should get thrown out after the card gets confiscated.

Couldn't agree more. Idiots with money and no sense of the Club, have no positive impact whatsoever.

A quick and easy Google will find you many websites selling tickets in all four stands of the ground, top of the listings thanks to Google adverts. I can't believe the club can't do something about it. I genuinely think they don't give a shit.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: April 4, 2017, 12:02:47 pm »
Couldn't agree more. Idiots with money and no sense of the Club, have no positive impact whatsoever.

A quick and easy Google will find you many websites selling tickets in all four stands of the ground, top of the listings thanks to Google adverts. I can't believe the club can't do something about it. I genuinely think they don't give a shit.

I've reported the Facebook page but to no avail. Messaged s few of the knob heads who have bought them too.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: April 4, 2017, 01:10:34 pm »
I will be honest, I am starting to find this thread a bit tedious. Yes it is a problem, yes it is frustrating. But some people acting like it is the worst thing happening in the world right now, get a grip.

Times are hard for some people, they will exploit the imbalance between demand and supply to make a bit of money. Not just with football tickets but with anything that has such a demand/supply imbalance.

Your local shop buys bottles of lucozade for 30p and sells for £1. Landlords up and down the country, especially in London, buying properties and renovating them then selling them for profit. Pricing a lot of people out of owning a home. That is just a couple of examples.

All the above and more is fine, but someone make a profit on a LFC ticket and it is wrong. Even better is the utter hypocrisy of some people who think it is ok to sell tickets on for a Champions League final if Man U or Chelsea are involved, or the Europa final this year if Man U make it, but when someone does it to us for Basel or Athens all these people cry about how unfair it is and that the people selling are c*nts etc! Or people who routinely sell non football and non LFC tickets for profit, but cry when people do it with LFC tickets. Again utter hypocrisy!

Another thing that fucks me right off is people who only want big game tickets and then cry when they can't get one at face value. YOU DON'T DESERVE ONE! Dortmund home being the classic example. If you went 1 Europa home game before, even just Man U, you got a ticket. Yet he who 'could not be arsed' with the Europa League and now suddenly can cries that people are asking inflated prices when if he had been arsed from the start he would qualify himself. The same brigade were out for the derby bitching and moaning that they couldn't get tickets, yet when they are asked about Bournemouth or Burnley or any other game that was fairly easy to get, they conveniently can't make it 😂

If I move abroad, which is a possibility, I would probably try to keep my away credits up as I got plenty of mates who would gladly use them. But if I was ever back for a home game say maybe once or twice a season, I would probably be buying off someone at the going rate. Why you ask? The current system and hassle involved makes it easier and less hassle to pay a tout if only coming once or twice a season. Paying membership fees, checking back every few days/hours etc for returns and all the other hassle when busy in work. No thanks, I'll just pay someone a bit more to sort it for me. Already saved 2 membership fees if going with someone. I know that will upset a lot of people on here, but for 1 or 2 games our system is not worth the hassle! So LFC are part of the problem here.

Yes effort does need to be made to reduce the problem. But the simple fact of the matter is at the current level of demand/supply it will never go away. Also there is far worse things happening in the World right now, but some people in this thread are acting like touts are the next Islamic State or something like that!
« Last Edit: April 4, 2017, 01:12:38 pm by Tiger Tony »

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: April 4, 2017, 02:56:55 pm »
Don't sit on the fence To.    Tell us what you really think.  :D

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #369 on: April 4, 2017, 03:41:46 pm »
He's got a point or 2 to be fair 😂

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: April 4, 2017, 04:08:06 pm »
Don't sit on the fence To.    Tell us what you really think.  :D
Haha. But seriously though, some of the stuff people are saying is ridiculous!

A lot of people who moan about lack of availability and tout prices for the big games are the ones who cherry pick. We all have to start somewhere, I started by buying as many smaller games as I could way back in 2002/2003 and then hoping those stubs got called for Everton/Man U as it was back then. I never even tried to get Everton/Man U to start with. If I did want those back then, I certainly wouldn't be complaining that I couldn't get one at face value.

League Cup final last season another classic. Didn't even need all homes to get a ticket. 2 of 3 homes gave you a 97% chance in ballot and I would hazard a guess most of the 3% got offered one on reserve list. So again, if you didn't attend at least 2 games, don't moan about black market prices or that it isn't fair you can't get one.

Basel I understand the anger and frustration to be fair. Almost everyone on 7 missing out. Those who 'could not be arsed' with the Europa League until Man U/Dortmund moaning about tout prices for Basel can fuck off

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #371 on: April 4, 2017, 08:24:15 pm »
Tony I don't think anyone is having a go at you and a lot of what you say makes sense. If someone hasn't been the games they don't deserve the big ones is what I think you're saying.

That's the problem that people are wondering how to resolve. At the minute people are getting in the big games not because they've been loyal, but because they're some semi well off middle management prick who has 250 to spend once or twice a year to show his peons at work what a lad he is on his iPhone 7S photo's of the Kop during ynwa.

I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #372 on: April 5, 2017, 09:35:35 am »
That's the problem that people are wondering how to resolve. At the minute people are getting in the big games not because they've been loyal, but because they're some semi well off middle management prick who has 250 to spend once or twice a year to show his peons at work what a lad he is on his iPhone 7S photo's of the Kop during ynwa.

Half the time the ones who are moaning about it are ones who haven't been 'loyal' either but who think they should just be able to walk up and get a ticket whenever they feel like.

Like Tony said all they would have had to go is go to a couple of the earlier matches or get a few credits but they can't be arsed doing that just as much as the fan who buys off a tout can't be arsed doing it.
Legacy fan

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: April 5, 2017, 09:41:10 am »
Never mind what Tony thinks. What does Abraham think?

(saw you in Mowgli the other day, Tony, but you were deep in conversation with Amelia so I didn't interrupt!)
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #374 on: April 7, 2017, 11:44:45 am »
If I move abroad, which is a possibility

Thank fuck for that  ;)
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #375 on: April 7, 2017, 12:06:15 pm »

So does that mean buying members cards on the exchange here goes with a risk of being not let in?

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #376 on: April 11, 2017, 01:31:18 pm »
So does that mean buying members cards on the exchange here goes with a risk of being not let in?

There is always that risk buying from a '3rd' party
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: April 14, 2017, 09:59:10 pm »
Despite the demand for tickets we could well be significantly below capacity for WBA.   Just had a scan of the touting sites,  there are at least 200 tickets available between 3 or 4 sites I looked at going at £130+ each and that was just a few sites.   These tickets have come from LFC either through corporates or sales to touts with the required number of credits.  Diabolical.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #378 on: April 14, 2017, 10:06:59 pm »
Despite the demand for tickets we could well be significantly below capacity for WBA.   Just had a scan of the touting sites,  there are at least 200 tickets available between 3 or 4 sites I looked at going at £130+ each and that was just a few sites.   These tickets have come from LFC either through corporates or sales to touts with the required number of credits.  Diabolical.

Yeah, but its like that for every game. I do think that these sites have regular sources. We already have heard the stories of people with 200 memberships, probably is the case there as well. There are hardly any checks on aways.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: April 15, 2017, 10:51:06 am »

There won't be 200 tickets available.....the majority of these tickets are sourced if people are crackers enough to pay the prices

Can we stop this shit....I have said this numerous times........these sites don't care even if they cannot fulfil the orders....why would they?
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #380 on: April 19, 2017, 01:23:52 pm »
Latest backpage on TAW doesn't give out much hope to the way tickets are sold,from what I took from it and especially what Jay said there really seems to be an inertia to really address the issue within the club.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: April 19, 2017, 01:32:08 pm »
Latest backpage on TAW doesn't give out much hope to the way tickets are sold,from what I took from it and especially what Jay said there really seems to be an inertia to really address the issue within the club.
What does it say Pat?

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #382 on: April 19, 2017, 01:44:15 pm »
The gist of it Tony is that to tackle the whole ticket touting issue is so enormous that the status quo is the easy option to take and basically Jay was saying their attitude is "well we've sold all our tickets our money is in" so fuck it.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #383 on: April 19, 2017, 01:45:58 pm »
No plans to change away either? Several on here would be relieved BUT it won't take away the issues and worsening atmosphere etc
We are a team of one half.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #384 on: April 19, 2017, 02:14:09 pm »
No plans to change away either? Several on here would be relieved BUT it won't take away the issues and worsening atmosphere etc
One point made was the unintended consequences of decisions the club make for example when they changed the way aways were sold from serial numbers to loyalty it would have being hard to imagine back then that someone now could have multiple season tickets/fan cards with 19 credits but dont go to any matches they operate a business in touting ALL their away tickets.
Kenny Godglish

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #385 on: April 19, 2017, 08:08:23 pm »
We're all getting new membership cards this summer, will this be any way of them cracking down on people with multiple cards? Surely they can see if a certain address has 20 plus cards being sent to it, even if they are in different names it would look dodgy.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #386 on: April 19, 2017, 08:11:55 pm »
One point made was the unintended consequences of decisions the club make for example when they changed the way aways were sold from serial numbers to loyalty it would have being hard to imagine back then that someone now could have multiple season tickets/fan cards with 19 credits but dont go to any matches they operate a business in touting ALL their away tickets.
But they never checked to see how many STs people have. I know they just wanted to sell them at one time but it's not something they have looked at I don't think. Maybe it wasn't foreseen but has been going on for ages now - none of us started on 19, we had to build the up.
I think it should be 1 ST/person, end of.... But doubt they'll do anything.

We're all getting new membership cards this summer, will this be any way of them cracking down on people with multiple cards? Surely they can see if a certain address has 20 plus cards being sent to it, even if they are in different names it would look dodgy.
Some touts use family and neighbours etc so might not be as obvious as it sounds.

But most would like them to do something....

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: April 20, 2017, 08:23:31 am »

They can see from the addresses linked to cards whether it's unique or not, it could be a way to catch people who've changed their address for local sales, or who've registered an address or name to set it up and then changed it. The touts are better organised than any of us so likely it won't make a bit of difference to them.

Online J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: May 12, 2017, 04:28:47 pm »
A fella I know who is a Swansea fan recently tweeted this, after word got round that c*nts were touting tickets online for their away game via at Sunderland this weekend:

Do you think they'd do this with tickets touted for our games on there? Or would it even matter as the touts would get shot of them somehow anyway?

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #389 on: May 12, 2017, 05:05:55 pm »
the new cards are white apparently !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: May 12, 2017, 05:49:04 pm »

Is there a reason for the new cards ?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #391 on: May 12, 2017, 06:21:49 pm »

What's wrong we a red one!??

Don't the STHs have a silver one!

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #392 on: May 12, 2017, 06:59:54 pm »
Green now

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #393 on: May 12, 2017, 08:25:59 pm »
A fella I know who is a Swansea fan recently tweeted this, after word got round that c*nts were touting tickets online for their away game via at Sunderland this weekend:

Do you think they'd do this with tickets touted for our games on there? Or would it even matter as the touts would get shot of them somehow anyway?

Surprised they removed the tickets. Seeing as selling tickets is the one thing the site is designed to do and the way they make there money.
But if the tickets was given to fans by the players in this case. Can't see any massive demand for Sunderland v Swansea nor a massive amount of tickets available.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #394 on: May 13, 2017, 02:50:52 pm »
Is there a reason for the new cards ?

I asked the stewards with their card readers and its to be brought in line with the new green season tickets.

dont know if there are any additional features like DOB or gender noted on the cards.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: May 13, 2017, 02:56:19 pm »
I wouldn't read too much into it. They probably just didn't want to change the season tickets and members cards all in one summer

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: May 13, 2017, 03:07:51 pm »
I wouldn't read too much into it. They like to change the cards every few years anyway.

Whether it's to update the technology of any chips embedded into the cards etc, or to just a visual indicator to differentiate MK 1 cards, from MK 2 cards etc. who knows.

It's no real difference to the old days of paper season tickets etc. Which changed colour every season, so you couldn't use any leftover unused stubs from the year before.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #397 on: May 13, 2017, 04:26:15 pm »
they probably tested the new cards this season with the new season tickets, that went well so are bringing new cards in for members next season.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: May 13, 2017, 07:25:15 pm »
If the club were remotely bothered by touting they would have put photos on.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #399 on: May 13, 2017, 08:57:20 pm »
they probably tested the new cards this season with the new season tickets, that went well so are bringing new cards in for members next season.

The red card for the might/teen Reds and the white for all other members?