Author Topic: Rafa The Rotator !?  (Read 5732 times)

Offline wetherby

• Main Stander
Re: Rafa The Rotator !?
« Reply #40 on: November 1, 2008, 11:13:36 am »
Can't remember who wrote it but the basic fact is that there are certain truisms that the media, written or TV, will wheel out regardless.

Journalists basically want a good story, one that the public understands and their editors/bosses think presses the right buttons. All teams have them, not just Liverpool. Ours are rotation and zonal marking. Arsenal's is a lack of experience and not having a big, English-style centre back. Chelsea's is being too dull for Abramovich to be happy. United's tend to change, not out of bias, but because it's quite hard to criticise Fergie. But at the start of the season it was that they were too reliant on Ronaldo.

As soon as anything happens that can give rise to one of those stories, the media will do them. It's lazy and predictable, but it's not a conspiracy. There are some journalists, high profile ones, who hate Liverpool and particularly hate Benitez. They don't understand his methods and don't like the fact that he doesn't want the press or even his players to like him, like someone like Redknapp does. But there are plenty of journalists who support Liverpool - most reporters got into it because they're fans. Either way, it's not some media plot to do down Liverpool. Most journalists will write whatever makes the best story immediately, and sadly that leads to lazily rolling out the same thing over and over again.

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: November 1, 2008, 11:52:31 am »
It's highlighted with us cos we don't have the quality of squad.If we had more players of near equal quality as Nando Gerrard and Carragher, no one would notice as no one would know who was really a first choice player. they were replacing
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline yafoy

• lazy git - sabu pundit on pot
  • Legacy Fan
  • a RED who occupies Europe
    • EuRED Liverpool UNofficial Supporters Network
« Reply #42 on: November 1, 2008, 11:57:33 am »
I love the REDS, support Rafa, & love it that we are @ the top, and dont give a sh*t about the media...
Shanks: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and  death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. - At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it"

Offline lucid-tentacles

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Living for the moment
« Reply #43 on: November 1, 2008, 12:31:52 pm »
The only Rotation i want to here is a track by Herp Albert
I don't mind waitin', don't mind waitin'
Cause no matter how long it takes
All of us know
That it's getting better
Growing stronger, warm and wilder