Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603574 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #5160 on: June 30, 2018, 09:43:31 am »
This is why playing skill is not commensurate with talent evaluation or being a good owner or coach. Else Michael Jordan's Charlotte Hornets would have won the NBA championship a number of times during his tenure.
i think his time as wizards GM illustrates that better

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #5161 on: June 30, 2018, 12:08:21 pm »
Harsh. He's been carrying scrubs to Finals several times already.
Certainly doesn't have anything to prove on that aspect.
Might as well roll the dice and go for probably his large opportunity to team up with Stars whilst still being among the top 3 players on the planet.

Yeah good point actually. Maybe should have worded it it would be good if he committted no matter what.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5162 on: June 30, 2018, 12:11:05 pm »
He did carry that franchise on his back like.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5163 on: June 30, 2018, 02:03:35 pm »
News Time..

Warriors Will Pursue DeAndre Jordan

Lakers Have 'Inside Track' To Signing LeBron James

Mavericks Decline $5M Team Option On Dirk Nowitzki

Steve Kerr, Warriors Close To Deal On Extension

Lonzo Ball Diagnosed With Torn Meniscus In Left Knee

DeAndre Jordan Opts Out Of $24.1M Contract, Will Become Free Agent

LeBron James Declines $35.6M Option, Will Enter Free Agency

Spurs Privately Acknowledge Relationship With Kawhi Leonard Cannot Be Repaired

Celtics Unlikely To Execute Blockbuster Move

Pacers Guaranteeing $10.5M Contract Of Bojan Bogdanovic

Cavaliers Operating Under 'Paralysis' Waiting For Decision From LeBron James

Joffrey Lauvergne Declines $1.6M Player Option With Spurs, Will Sign With Fenerbahce

Garrett Temple Exercises $8M Player Option With Kings

MSG Considering Spinning Knicks, Rangers Into Separate Company

Rockets Exercise $1.4M Team Option On Aaron Jackson

Nets Won't Tender Qualifying Offer To Nik Stauskas

Enes Kanter Exercises $18.6M Player Option With Knicks

Hornets Decline To Tender Qualifying Offer To Treveon Graham

Clippers Not Interested In Taking Back Wesley Matthews In DeAndre Jordan Talks

Celtics Tender Qualifying Offer To Marcus Smart

Lakers Release Tyler Ennis

Jamal Crawford, Warriors Have Mutual Interest

Nikola Jokic Won't Have Player Option In Five-Year, $146.5M Deal

Wolves Have Explored Clearing Space To Extend Jimmy Butler At Full Max

Hawks, Bulls, Kings Preparing To Use Cap Space For Trades Of Bad Contracts

Celtics Remain Very Confident In Re-Signing Kyrie Irving

Clippers Comfortable Keeping Both DeAndre Jordan, Marcin Gortat

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5164 on: June 30, 2018, 02:06:05 pm »
The Celtics with everyone healthy will win it all next season. Unbelievable to go as far as they did without Hayward and Smart. If Kyrie stays then happy days.
They won't even make the finals despite having healthier squad. I am willing to be quoted come play-off time ;)

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5165 on: June 30, 2018, 09:18:22 pm »
James to LA they tracked his jet from his vacation  ;D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5166 on: June 30, 2018, 09:38:39 pm »
James to LA they tracked his jet from his vacation  ;D
he has 2 $20m homes in Brentwood and lives there in the summer

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5167 on: June 30, 2018, 09:46:03 pm »
Warriors Will Pursue DeAndre Jordan

Is this even remotely possible?

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #5168 on: June 30, 2018, 10:05:32 pm »
His dribbling skills are impressive for a 6.10 point forward, not nothing special for the average point.
That he has vision and eye for a pass whilst in the body of a forward is what gives him the extra intangible and makes him a unicorn.
But his dribbling and shootings skills, were he say 6ft 4 would be considered about par at best. Certainly his shooting is below par.

I'm excited to see how teams play him next season and how he adjusts or improves. I'm sure a lot of coaches were watching the way Boston's masterminds exploited his weaknesses and laid them bare.

It's like Lebron with the ball, for his size and with his athleticism,  his dribbling skills are exceptional,  but if we're just looking at the technical aspect and grading his dribbling skills alone, they wouldn't be among the top 20. And again,  I don't see him as a PG long term.

As for the comments on Lonzo Ball by former players, sure players can exaggerate to make a point, but the point is still valid nonetheless.  You won't find too many former players dismiss Lonzo's talents because they see the potential. And he also had an impressive rookie season that few have matched.

I'm just glad the Knicks have their own unicorn.

This. I think Lonzo has a lot to work with but doesn't really know how to work with it at the moment if that makes sense, unfortunately last season there wasn't an experienced head around who could genuinely guide the group. Lebron is that guy and more to the point they'd complement each other pretty well. Albeit I do think Lebron should playing PF rather than SF if he does sign; and especially if they get Kawhi as well (and even more so if they could somehow add George).

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5169 on: June 30, 2018, 11:31:45 pm »
https://twitter.com/scissorhandsokc/status/1013118510355173376?s=21

So PG staying in OKC, but also claiming bron is off to la la

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5170 on: June 30, 2018, 11:44:22 pm »
Is this even remotely possible?
Yeah if he signs for veterans minimum ;) Many reports also link us to Howard, i don’t see him getting paid that low whatsoever either.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5171 on: July 1, 2018, 05:08:07 am »
Yesssssss PG staying in OKC!!!!
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5172 on: July 1, 2018, 10:17:46 am »
Lakers strike out again. I like that their arrogance of not trading for him when he was at Pacers backfired. They thought they’d get him for free and now pressure is on Magic Johnson. I suppose it’s all about getting Lebron now. If they miss out on Lebron, Spurs trade Kawhi to Celtics and Lakers sign Cousins to max, Lakers fans would be fuming.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5173 on: July 1, 2018, 10:26:31 am »
Meanwhile CP3 and Rockets agree 4 yrs 160M$ deal. Too risky imo, he will be 37 in his 4th year and he is far from being healthy.

Rockets now have $128.3M guaranteed to 8 players excluding Capela, Tax line is $123.7M.

Other deals today:

Ariza signs with Suns, 1 year 15M$.

Rose agrees with Wolves, 1 year deal.

Deandre Jordan and Mavs agree 1 year 24.1M$ deal

Doug McDermott Agrees Upon Three-Year, $22M Deal With Pacers

Rudy Gay Agrees Upon One-Year, $10M Deal With Spurs

Jerami Grant Agrees To Three-Year, $27M Deal With Thunder

Aron Baynes, Celtics Agree Upon Two-Year, $11M Deal With Celtics

Omri Casspi, Grizzlies Agree Upon One-Year Deal

Ed Davis Agrees Upon One-Year, $4.4M Deal With Nets

Marco Belinelli Agrees Upon Two-Year, $12M Deal With Spurs

Gerald Green Agrees To One-Year, $2.4M Deal With Rockets

Ersan Ilyasova Agrees Upon Three-Year, $21M Deal With Bucks

Nikola Jokic, Nuggets Agree To Five-Year, $146.5M Deal

Joe Harris Agrees Upon Two-Year, $16M Deal With Nets

Will Barton, Nuggets To Agree Upon Four-Year, $54M Deal

Kevin Durant Agrees To One-Plus-One, $61.5M Contract With Warriors

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5174 on: July 1, 2018, 10:31:14 am »
Meanwhile CP3 and Rockets agree 4 yrs 160M$ deal. Too risky imo, he will be 37 in his 4th year and he is far from being healthy.

Rockets now have $128.3M guaranteed to 8 players excluding Capela, Tax line is $123.7M.

Other deals today:

Nikola Jokic, Nuggets Agree To Five-Year, $146.5M Deal

Damn, huge for the Nuggets to secure Jokic on a max contract.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #5175 on: July 1, 2018, 10:45:22 am »
"Doug McDermott Agrees Upon Three-Year, $22M Deal With Pacers"

Ughhh. That was the best Pritchard could do?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5176 on: July 1, 2018, 10:49:08 am »
"Doug McDermott Agrees Upon Three-Year, $22M Deal With Pacers"

Ughhh. That was the best Pritchard could do?
I guess it’s a good time to just stand in the corner and able to shoot 3, cash will come your way.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5177 on: July 1, 2018, 10:57:54 am »
Why have the Suns and Ariza agreed to a deal? Suns' roster is filth and Ariza surely is in win now mode?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5178 on: July 1, 2018, 11:11:32 am »
Lakers strike out again. I like that their arrogance of not trading for him when he was at Pacers backfired. They thought they’d get him for free and now pressure is on Magic Johnson. I suppose it’s all about getting Lebron now. If they miss out on Lebron, Spurs trade Kawhi to Celtics and Lakers sign Cousins to max, Lakers fans would be fuming.
i think the big winners from this will be the spurs as the lakers will be desperate to get him now and will practically give up anyone on that squad, and even if the spurs don’t want to trade him there they could leverage it

Why have the Suns and Ariza agreed to a deal? Suns' roster is filth and Ariza surely is in win now mode?
he got a ring with the lakers didn’t he? May as well double your money when you are near 34, a former second round pick and have that ring a decade ago

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5179 on: July 1, 2018, 11:20:41 am »
he got a ring with the lakers didn’t he? May as well double your money when you are near 34, a former second round pick and have that ring a decade ago

I get that, but I think I'd rather play out my final years on good basketball teams, instead of one likely to be one of the worst in the league.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5180 on: July 1, 2018, 11:34:43 am »
I get that, but I think I'd rather play out my final years on good basketball teams, instead of one likely to be one of the worst in the league.
I don’t think he is in win now mode or he actually cares about being on a contender team at this point. He wants that last pay day with long term contract and his agent probably realized next year will be better for his chances. It’s risky move for him though, if Suns start bad and somehow tanks, it will hurt his value for sure. Suns have many SF’s, they should’ve looked at guard options closely instead of taking him though. I suppose they think they can actually fight for a play off spot hence this move and we may see a few other trades as well.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5181 on: July 1, 2018, 11:45:23 am »
I don’t think he is in win now mode or he actually cares about being on a contender team at this point. He wants that last pay day with long term contract and his agent probably realized next year will be better for his chances. It’s risky move for him though, if Suns start bad and somehow tanks, it will hurt his value for sure. Suns have many SF’s, they should’ve looked at guard options closely instead of taking him though. I suppose they think they can actually fight for a play off spot hence this move and we may see a few other trades as well.
its 1yr $15m, he was on around $7m last year, basically doing what philly did with redick last year, pay a lot for one year for a good vet

If they paid the same then yeah. For double the money though as a guy who came in as a second round pick who’s near the end I can’t say I wouldn’t have done the same, especially as I have my ring

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5182 on: July 1, 2018, 12:53:04 pm »

Lakers better go all out to get Kawhi.  One season with the Celtics and playing under the best manager in the league and he’ll be signing an extension like PG did at OKC. 

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5183 on: July 1, 2018, 01:05:59 pm »
Obviously PG didn’t want to be the third wheel in the new Lakers team. Oh well good luck to him, sure he’ll get a warm reception in LA when he next plays.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5184 on: July 1, 2018, 01:10:29 pm »
Lakers better go all out to get Kawhi.  One season with the Celtics and playing under the best manager in the league and he’ll be signing an extension like PG did at OKC. 
Yeah, they can’t afford to make the same mistake twice now as they learnt their lesson from PG. That being said, as “Lush is the big medicine” said, Spurs will milk them dry and get their best pieces. With only Kawhi, they are nowhere near being a contender so they will have to land Lebron and Kawhi both.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5185 on: July 1, 2018, 01:51:13 pm »
Yeah, they can’t afford to make the same mistake twice now as they learnt their lesson from PG. That being said, as “Lush is the big medicine” said, Spurs will milk them dry and get their best pieces. With only Kawhi, they are nowhere near being a contender so they will have to land Lebron and Kawhi both.

I hope we milk them to the max, 3 of their young players [not Lonzo] and a pick or two picks and you can have Kawhi.

Resigning Rudy Gay and Ballonelli, not a bad day of business.

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5186 on: July 1, 2018, 01:54:02 pm »
Lakers still have to get rid of the Deng contract, which is why a guy like Lonzo is on the table if Lebron is there. They can get one of the bottom feeder franchises to eat the Deng contract with Ball + draft considerations and then stack the roster around Lebron with what the Lakers are hoping is Kawhi etc.

This of course ignores the fact that Lonzo has the "best vision since Magic": wonder why the Lakers brass are removing that from their roster for the clearly more-blind/lower vision Lebron? Surely also Lonzo's excellent shooting will compliment the lesser-vision Lebron at Lakersville? And Lonzo's ability to penetrate the paint? Makes no sense: clearly Magic wants Lonzo off the roster so he doesn't threaten Magic's position as the all-time best PG for the Lakers.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5187 on: July 1, 2018, 01:55:53 pm »
I hope we milk them to the max, 3 of their young players [not Lonzo] and a pick or two picks and you can have Kawhi.

Resigning Rudy Gay and Ballonelli, not a bad day of business.
Tell me you did this on purpose ;D You just wanted an athlete which is the mix of Balotelli and Belinelli, right? ;)

By the way, Ingram would be an all star in this league under Pop. He has all the tools imo and Lonzo would develop quite well.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5188 on: July 1, 2018, 02:19:38 pm »
Tell me you did this on purpose ;D You just wanted an athlete which is the mix of Balotelli and Belinelli, right? ;)

By the way, Ingram would be an all star in this league under Pop. He has all the tools imo and Lonzo would develop quite well.

Mate I've been up all night, I can barely see what I'm typing haha,.

We'd have 3 young players that improve us right away and could develop even more within the system at SA, even if Pop calls it quits after two years. We have great coaches in SA.

If we can get to the players with basically LA carrying us all year, adding those 3 [and a healthy Rudy] we should be an even bigger threat in the playoffs [not expecting to get to the finals or anything] but it would be exciting.

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5189 on: July 1, 2018, 02:22:21 pm »
Stadium announcer at Wells Fargo calls him: BellyNelly.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5190 on: July 1, 2018, 02:55:58 pm »
Mate I've been up all night, I can barely see what I'm typing haha,.

We'd have 3 young players that improve us right away and could develop even more within the system at SA, even if Pop calls it quits after two years. We have great coaches in SA.

If we can get to the players with basically LA carrying us all year, adding those 3 [and a healthy Rudy] we should be an even bigger threat in the playoffs [not expecting to get to the finals or anything] but it would be exciting.

I won't be surprised if you say feck off to Lakers and go for 76'ers like Kawhi and Mills for Saric, Covington, Fultz, Miami's 2021 unprotected pick. I'd actually love that as a big time Lakers hater. ;)

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5191 on: July 1, 2018, 03:05:02 pm »
Per realgm:

Oh whither art thou going, young Lonzo?
Tis far nobler to have the ball than not
Thy m'nsiscus torn, how far will thy father's brand go?
If these stars align, why ever would'a Ball be sought?
A King to come, an ass to kiss, a corner
To stand and flail thy broken-ass shot.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5192 on: July 1, 2018, 03:36:18 pm »
Vanvleet stays with the raps, $18m over 2 years

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5193 on: July 1, 2018, 04:27:34 pm »
Lakers still have to get rid of the Deng contract, which is why a guy like Lonzo is on the table if Lebron is there. They can get one of the bottom feeder franchises to eat the Deng contract with Ball + draft considerations and then stack the roster around Lebron with what the Lakers are hoping is Kawhi etc.

This of course ignores the fact that Lonzo has the "best vision since Magic": wonder why the Lakers brass are removing that from their roster for the clearly more-blind/lower vision Lebron? Surely also Lonzo's excellent shooting will compliment the lesser-vision Lebron at Lakersville? And Lonzo's ability to penetrate the paint? Makes no sense: clearly Magic wants Lonzo off the roster so he doesn't threaten Magic's position as the all-time best PG for the Lakers.

Nah more like Magic wants Ball of the Roster because Ingram, Kuzma and Hart are just as valuable to the roster.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5194 on: July 1, 2018, 05:29:08 pm »
They won't even make the finals despite having healthier squad. I am willing to be quoted come play-off time ;)

If LeBron goes there then maybe. If LeBron and Kawhi go there...  :wave

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5195 on: July 1, 2018, 07:42:27 pm »
76ers allowing Ersan and Belinelli leave makes me think they feel they can sign both Lebron and Kawhi.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5196 on: July 2, 2018, 01:15:37 am »
Breaking everywhere Lebron agreed with Lakers 4 year $154M. OH FUCKING YES BAAAAABY.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5197 on: July 2, 2018, 01:38:32 am »
LAKERS ARE BACK....LAKERS ARE BACK....HELLO HELLO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5198 on: July 2, 2018, 01:38:38 am »
That escalated quickly, ,my phone is blowing up

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5199 on: July 2, 2018, 01:40:21 am »
Social media gone mental.