Author Topic: Cody Mathès Gakpo  (Read 313663 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cody Gakpo… welcome to Liverpool
« Reply #1840 on: March 22, 2023, 08:26:14 pm »
Considering they'll never say otherwise all you and I have to go on is what actually happened.

Agree with the sentiment that he is noting even though he personally doesn't agree with it.

A lot of time? Hah, sure...

Thing is I am not even sure an attacker and a midfielder would have solved this. We have so many issues from an attack which is not sure how it fits together and does what Klopp wants it to, a midfield that is a mess and a defence that makes mistakes galore.

That’s on top of the mentality of the side and players attitude which is getting referenced by them every game. We need the season to end and to start again and hope we can get that back. I very much doubt we are challenging for a league next season so this is now a 2 year rebuild if we are lucky.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1841 on: March 22, 2023, 08:32:12 pm »
I don’t think one midfielder would have solved this team and really we should have been able to buy a midfielder anyway, irregardless of signing Gakpo or not.

If we had signed a CM then Dave would be complaining that Klopp deciding not to sign a more forward thinking player was negligent.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1842 on: March 22, 2023, 08:34:00 pm »
Agreeing with his/her statement or the sentiment that fans have?

Because you've spent a lot of time just on this page talking about how it's effected us negatively signing him instead of a midfielder.

You're giving him too much credit.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1843 on: March 22, 2023, 08:34:02 pm »
Thing is I am not even sure an attacker and a midfielder would have solved this. We have so many issues from an attack which is not sure how it fits together and does what Klopp wants it to, a midfield that is a mess and a defence that makes mistakes galore.

That’s on top of the mentality of the side and players attitude which is getting referenced by them every game. We need the season to end and to start again and hope we can get that back. I very much doubt we are challenging for a league next season so this is now a 2 year rebuild if we are lucky.

I think you're way too negative in a lot of your outlooks. We're 3rd in the league still in attacking metrics, we are just really average defensively and getting at least one midfielder out there that can win the ball and pass wouldn't be all that hard and would make a pretty big difference. A lot of the reactions are because we're no where near challenging for the title but even with all this we still are within a shout of CL or at least Europa.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1844 on: March 22, 2023, 08:42:42 pm »
I think you're way too negative in a lot of your outlooks. We're 3rd in the league still in attacking metrics, we are just really average defensively and getting at least one midfielder out there that can win the ball and pass wouldn't be all that hard and would make a pretty big difference. A lot of the reactions are because we're no where near challenging for the title but even with all this we still are within a shout of CL or at least Europa.

Yes we are, but that seems a lifetime away from challenging for the league. Arsenal are on for over 90 points and I believe that City may well be on for 90 points as well and that’s despite all their supposed issues. We are either going to have to have a mega summer that’s turns this all around or those teams are going to have to regress.

Offline Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #1845 on: March 22, 2023, 10:03:59 pm »
City are on course for mid 80's, and whilst Arsenal are currently looking at early 90's their fixtures suggest otherwise

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1846 on: March 22, 2023, 10:39:07 pm »
This is the biggest issue that is excused or overlooked, we should have been able to buy both… we aren’t poor

Right.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1847 on: March 23, 2023, 07:44:04 am »
i think we're probabaly 2 midfielders behind where we should be, we needed one in the summer of 21, another in the summer of 22 and we'll need another this coming summer. That means a midfielder in January would still have left us short of where we 'should be' and so in that sense wouldn't have fixed our midfield. That said, one athletic midfielder would make a huge difference to us. So to give a thought experiment, there's no way a peak level Gini doesn't make us much more difficult to play against straight away. And yes we really should have been able to buy both Gapko and a midfielder in January. We're now in rebuild mode and if we can't spend a lot of money to do it, we're screwed. The sums will seem eye watering but that's because we chose to keep the group together as much as possible for as long as possible.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1848 on: March 23, 2023, 11:39:10 am »
I think you're way too negative in a lot of your outlooks. We're 3rd in the league still in attacking metrics

The thing is one of the major contributory factors for us being 3rd in the League in attacking metrics is that we have signed players like Gakpo. I mean when we signed him we were struggling to field a forward line with Diaz, Bobby and Jota all having pretty long-term injuries.

we are just really average defensively and getting at least one midfielder out there that can win the ball and pass wouldn't be all that hard and would make a pretty big difference. A lot of the reactions are because we're no where near challenging for the title but even with all this we still are within a shout of CL or at least Europa.

At the start of the season before the summer window shut there were plenty of posters stating that we needed to reinforce the midfield and a failure to do so would risk qualifying for the Champions League. There was a consensus that FSG needed to invest more and provide a transfer kitty that would allow us to replace the three forwards we were losing and refresh the midfield.

You basically called those people lunatics and defended FSG to the hilt. We are miles inside FFP have the 3rd highest income in World football yet cannot afford to compete. Now your assessment that FSG didn't need to spend has proven to be rubbish, you have bizarrely turned your cannons on Gakpo.

Even more bizarrely whilst looking to attack Gakpo in a Gakpo thread you are using the attacking metrics that he is part of as a defence for FSG's lack of spending. You really couldn't make it up. Gakpo for me has made a solid start, has shown flashes of brilliance and has contributed well.

It is far too soon to make any realistic appraisals of Gakpo much as it is too soon to state whether 19 year old Elliott can become a regular in midfield. However, you have used both to try and defend FSG's lack of spending and used them in a crazy attempt to discredit the likes of the manager and assistant manager. Trying to create a narrative that the aforementioned managerial duo has somehow taken over the running of the club and forced out the Sporting Director and the stats guys.

You have done this without a single scrap of evidence and are desperately trying to push the line that FSG have provided the money but Klopp and Ljinders have misspent it on Gakpo whilst playing Elliott who at 19 despite some promising performances has already been written off by you.

Unsurprisingly when Gakpo and Elliott starred against United instead of admitting you may have been too hasty you went AWOL.

The simple truth is that BOTH the forward line that had lost three attackers and a midfield that is likely to be gutted in the summer needed serious investment. The simple truth is that we have the income to address the issues in the squad and the failure is entirely of FSG's making.

Then perhaps you could allow Gakpo and Elliott the breathing space to develop and we could find out if they have a viable long-term future here. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1849 on: March 23, 2023, 11:48:28 am »
I was unsure of him in the first few weeks. Lacked accelaration on the left at times.
But I think he has been very promising since he got his first goal.
Can see why he was signed.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1850 on: March 23, 2023, 12:23:59 pm »
Pulled out of Dutch squad due to illness.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1851 on: March 23, 2023, 12:27:54 pm »
Yes we are, but that seems a lifetime away from challenging for the league. Arsenal are on for over 90 points and I believe that City may well be on for 90 points as well and that’s despite all their supposed issues. We are either going to have to have a mega summer that’s turns this all around or those teams are going to have to regress.
It's kind of funny to involve Arsenal in argument that we are impossibly far behind.
Both Liverpool and Arsenal have shown how small the difference is between success and failure, and how quickly things can change.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1852 on: March 23, 2023, 12:36:50 pm »
I'm not sure about that. Mostly clubs don't turn overnight, the seeds are there before the plant blooms. And when the roots aren't in place they usually bloom brightly but then whither quickly too, see Liverpool in 13/14. On the other hand, when the roots have become rotten it's very hard to fix it, see liverpool in the 90s or Man Utd since Ferguson left. We of all people should see how important the whole structure is to success and the need for everything to be settled and working rightly because that's exactly how we had the success we did. On pitch performance, young players coming through (Trent mostly), brilliant transfer strategy and execution, inspired recruitment to the manager and sporting director positions... it all came together to give us the success we had. It wasn't a 'small difference between success and failure', it was a vast difference.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1853 on: March 23, 2023, 05:35:45 pm »
 ;D

A chicken curry served on Wednesday night is the reason for the viral outbreak in the Netherlands camp, which has sent five players, including Cody Gakpo, home ill. [Mike Verweij - de Telegraaf]

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1854 on: March 23, 2023, 05:49:15 pm »
Oh no....

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #1855 on: March 23, 2023, 05:51:05 pm »

New signings taking time to learn klopps system and The Liverpool Way. We’ll be fine next season big summer or not. Preferably big but if not it is what it is, we’ll still be fine.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1856 on: March 23, 2023, 07:23:24 pm »
;D

Well at least people can no longer argue he's not explosive.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1857 on: March 23, 2023, 07:23:54 pm »
New signings taking time to learn klopps system and The Liverpool Way. We’ll be fine next season big summer or not. Preferably big but if not it is what it is, we’ll still be fine.

That's not necessarily true. If we don't get significant additions to the team in midfield (and defense) - we will probably suffer similar problems to this year.

Our systems has been shown to be grueling and intense - everyone on the team that will remain will have additional miles on their legs. Further - there isn't likely much help coming from the youth system either.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1858 on: March 23, 2023, 09:31:15 pm »
Apparently he struggled with the false naan.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1859 on: March 23, 2023, 11:02:48 pm »

oh my. let's just shut it down now folks. move along. nothing to see here.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1860 on: March 23, 2023, 11:57:56 pm »

I would too. No help from a bland Chicken Tikka MoSalah.  ;D
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1861 on: March 24, 2023, 07:21:37 pm »
Is he not in Dutch squad?

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1862 on: March 24, 2023, 07:45:20 pm »
Is he not in Dutch squad?

Withdrew due to illness

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #1863 on: March 24, 2023, 07:48:28 pm »
Withdrew due to illness
The curry was dodgy, but not as dodgy as Griezemann’s hair😳
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1864 on: March 24, 2023, 07:52:10 pm »
When’s he cumin home?

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1865 on: March 24, 2023, 07:56:33 pm »
When’s he cumin home?

Not lentil the illness is over

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1866 on: March 24, 2023, 08:13:21 pm »
Not lentil the illness is over

I trust you because you seem to have your finger on the pulses.

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1867 on: March 24, 2023, 08:17:16 pm »

I trust you because you seem to have your finger on the pulses.

I do as a mattar of fact. I don't want bad Korma hitting me for lying.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1868 on: March 24, 2023, 08:50:46 pm »
Withdrew due to illness

Just reading back now. ;D

Offline shank94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1869 on: March 24, 2023, 09:09:56 pm »
Just reading back now. ;D

Good, because I can curry on with these puns forever ;)

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1870 on: March 25, 2023, 03:33:28 am »
vindaloo reckon he'll be back in training?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1871 on: March 25, 2023, 10:41:05 am »
guess this'll finally settle whether he can physically contribute at both ends simulataneously

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1873 on: April 1, 2023, 02:57:40 pm »
Looks really good when he gets on the ball but really needs to get more involved.  The less said about that shocking attempt at a dive, the better.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1874 on: April 1, 2023, 08:41:18 pm »
Looks half decent and will be a player..

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1875 on: April 1, 2023, 08:54:05 pm »
You see his belief growing game by game. Hes getting on the ball the same way he was in holland an he looks like hes a tough bastard to knock off the ball. Strong as fuck when he starts motoring

Cant wait for him to start wellying shots in an all cos he can hit em

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1876 on: April 1, 2023, 08:55:48 pm »
Some of his close control in certain parts today were superb. He showed the same against Man U as well in tight spaces in the area when surrounded by players

Hes gonna be ace

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1877 on: April 1, 2023, 09:00:28 pm »
sadly there's no stat for this but it feels like 95% of the time he successfully uses his body to turn a player and make space for himself he gets fouled!

Some of his close control in certain parts today were superb. He showed the same against Man U as well in tight spaces in the area when surrounded by players

Hes gonna be ace
agreed - he had a moment in the box (which ultimately didn't count because of an earlier offside) where he plucked the ball out of the air and immediately had it under his control with no room at all. very impressive technique

(also welcome back mate, great to see you!)

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1878 on: April 1, 2023, 09:03:35 pm »
Hes good, but not great. Looks like a 40M player now, easily.
Maybe he will get great, Im pretty positive.
We could really have used an instant overwhelming success though

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1879 on: April 1, 2023, 09:05:06 pm »
Like playing with ten men.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."