Author Topic: STR files...  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
STR files...
« on: March 6, 2017, 06:10:26 pm »
shot in the dark but has anyone ever managed to copy an STR file from an external drive > PC in Windows 10?....if so throw a brother a bone. MO
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
Re: STR files...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 08:15:22 pm »
SRT files....  ???
STR files

do you mean STR SKY files (from a sky box)
or SRT subtile files for video...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:17:17 pm by hixxstar »
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 06:27:51 pm »

do you mean STR SKY files (from a sky box)

Yep...them's the blighters....had the jewellers eye piece out, hammer, chisel....every trick in the book and can i fuck do anything with them....not a jot. Resigned myself to the fact that its a no-can-dooski
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 04:03:48 pm »
Not sure if this still works ?? (i believe sky put some update to stop the software?)    ... might work...Might not..  :wave

software needed Copy+ & +Extract
http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/extract.php

remove Hard drive from sky box & connect to PC (via usb cable or internal connect)

Start up +Extract and select your disk (should be shown with green tick)
Select the program's you want to extract (for this method only the FTA ones shown with green icons are worth extracting)
Select an extract location in the right hand pane
Click "Actions" on the +Extract menu and "Extract Selected Recordings"
After extract is complete in +Extract you can use "Tools", "Convert STR to MPG"
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 05:02:17 pm »
As always, it's probably much quicker to just download whatever you are after in the format you want from torrents or usenet.

Offline rednick75

• Begets Rednich85
  • Anny Roader
  • If the shit fits, wear it!
    • Rednick75 Youtube
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 09:43:52 am »
Can try this? http://download.cnet.com/Beyond-Compare/3000-2242_4-10015731.html   Are you able to transfer the file using the HDD as an external drive and connected via USB?