Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 606981 times)

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Kodi / XBMC
« Reply #4080 on: May 7, 2017, 05:10:29 pm »
I can also recommend PIA. Works on up to 6 devices so even Mr Mingebag should be happy

I'll have you know my mingebag days are from yonks ago thank you very much!  :P
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4081 on: May 8, 2017, 12:14:39 pm »
Used to use the YouTube addon alot but recently it's not working after doing a search it throws an error, anyone else affected by this?

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4082 on: May 8, 2017, 04:29:31 pm »
I can also recommend PIA. Works on up to 6 devices so even Mr Mingebag should be happy
Do you know if you can you set this up on Firestick and a PC.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #4083 on: May 8, 2017, 08:17:01 pm »
Do you know if you can you set this up on Firestick and a PC.

No idea about firesticks but works fine on a PC , android and kodi

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4084 on: May 8, 2017, 09:11:46 pm »
There's a years VPN (speedify) on  Humble Bundle at the moment for about 7 and a half euros. Offer runs out tomorrow evening. Comes in a bundle with a load of other PC utilities.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4085 on: May 9, 2017, 02:45:01 pm »
This one seems to be the favorite: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

32 quid a year

HTH
Bleeding heck. these VPNs take some getting used too, cant put a bet on. searches coming up with all sorts of weird languages as well. :)
EDIT. Sorted.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2017, 03:38:21 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #4086 on: May 9, 2017, 06:01:05 pm »
If you use ipvanish with the firestick, you can set ipvanish to come on automatically every time you turn on the firstick, seems handy.  May go for that myself.

Edit: im sure you can do this with what ever device you use.

Edit edit: just watched a video regarding pia and it also has auto connect, not as unique as I first thought!

Does anyone use pia on firestick? What is it like to navigate the menus with the firestick remote?
« Last Edit: May 9, 2017, 09:57:11 pm by Teapot »

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #4087 on: May 10, 2017, 12:45:41 pm »
Would anyone mind a really basic run down of how I would use the VPN? Would I need to install it on all devices or just one and link it to router. I'm thinking specifically for the KODI box.

Thanks

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #4088 on: May 10, 2017, 12:58:50 pm »
Would anyone mind a really basic run down of how I would use the VPN? Would I need to install it on all devices or just one and link it to router. I'm thinking specifically for the KODI box.

Thanks

If you install a VPN on your router, every device connected to the router will be behind the VPN.  If you install a VPN to individual devices ie firestick, only that device will be connected to the VPN.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #4089 on: May 10, 2017, 01:05:52 pm »
Is there any boxes out there that work with the cabling of the satellite dish?

Some guy locally is selling what he claims is a box that plugs with the normal connections for SKY (ie: the two satellite cables allowing recording also) and gives ALL SKY channels free inclusive of things like Boxnation and BT Sports

Anyone seen this sort of thing? I want to cancel SKY properly as they are fucking scum and only give good deals to new costumers but this guy wants £300 for this box soooo... best to check first.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #4090 on: May 10, 2017, 05:15:05 pm »
Is there any boxes out there that work with the cabling of the satellite dish?

Some guy locally is selling what he claims is a box that plugs with the normal connections for SKY (ie: the two satellite cables allowing recording also) and gives ALL SKY channels free inclusive of things like Boxnation and BT Sports

Anyone seen this sort of thing? I want to cancel SKY properly as they are fucking scum and only give good deals to new costumers but this guy wants £300 for this box soooo... best to check first.
Nooooo.

Better ways to do this. For example £50 for a box, £30 for the years viewing. Saves £220.

Add to that sky is VERY uncertain at the moment and you shouldn't make any long term (expensive) commitments.

Also have a look at the Sportsmania thread.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #4091 on: May 11, 2017, 12:47:41 pm »
If you install a VPN on your router, every device connected to the router will be behind the VPN.  If you install a VPN to individual devices ie firestick, only that device will be connected to the VPN.

Thank you. My talktalk router is on its last leg so I might invest in a good 3rd party one.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4092 on: May 12, 2017, 07:20:17 am »
I haven't used it for years but it's the end of an era anyway

@Navi_X: Sadly the decision has been made to discontinue Navi-X. Thank you to all those who supported us from the beginning! https://www.tvaddons.ag/navix-kodi-farewell/

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4093 on: May 14, 2017, 10:18:29 pm »
Exodus links not working for anyone?

Actually they are working with my but internet bt earlier on a Sky connection I was getting no sources error.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:23:49 pm by puroresu_kid »

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #4094 on: May 14, 2017, 10:25:23 pm »
Exodus links not working for anyone?

Actually they are working with my but internet bt earlier on a Sky connection I was getting no sources error.

With the latest Exodus update you need to clear the cache and providers.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #4095 on: May 15, 2017, 03:41:19 pm »
Can anyone please recommend a good VPN for an android tv box? Thanks in advance  :wave

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4096 on: May 16, 2017, 11:37:28 am »
Whenever I choose a 1080p link on Zen or other addon, my CPU usage goes through the roof. Even with the local 1080p files (those stored on my hard disk), when played via kodi, the same problem appears. If those same files are played via plex or a media player like KMP, cpu usage is minimal. Anyone has an idea why and how can I fix it?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #4097 on: May 18, 2017, 09:20:55 pm »
Installed Kodi on my iPad but when I open it, the app crashes every time.  Any ideas what's wrong?

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4098 on: May 19, 2017, 04:15:00 pm »
Is it just my addon, or has Sports Demon Live disappeared off of Phoenix.

It's totally screwed up my sports viewing  :(

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4099 on: May 26, 2017, 10:49:58 am »
Updated from 16.1 to 17.3 only because the latest hack intrusion there could be via downloaded subtitles and now I get choppy playback. Fuck off. Just fuck off. I disabled the video acceleration on the settings and that made it better but it's still laggy.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4100 on: May 26, 2017, 04:13:45 pm »
Can anyone please recommend a good VPN for an android tv box? Thanks in advance  :wave

I'm using VPN IPVanish. https://www.ipvanish.com/?a_aid=ipvint&data1=google&data2=ppc&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=sem&adid=168706130579&addisttype=g&kw=vpnvanish&matchtype=e&gclid=CNqJiL7sjdQCFUeZGwodiFQLzA

Ive not used this on my firestick yet as I have done an install on my macboox and its easier now for me to just use kodi on that and airplay to appleTV.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #4101 on: May 28, 2017, 10:26:51 pm »
Updated from 16.1 to 17.3 only because the latest hack intrusion there could be via downloaded subtitles and now I get choppy playback. Fuck off. Just fuck off. I disabled the video acceleration on the settings and that made it better but it's still laggy.

You've done better than I have, tried installing 17 about a dozen times on 3 different devices with nothing​ but the black screen of death.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4102 on: May 28, 2017, 10:39:49 pm »
You've done better than I have, tried installing 17 about a dozen times on 3 different devices with nothing​ but the black screen of death.
Are those 3 different devices all android boxes? When you say black screen of death you mean when you launch the installation process or to after it?

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4103 on: May 30, 2017, 10:24:40 pm »
What are people using for films/tv currently? I had been using SALTS but seem to be struggling to get decent streams currently.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4104 on: May 31, 2017, 12:31:45 am »
What are people using for films/tv currently? I had been using SALTS but seem to be struggling to get decent streams currently.
Dont know much about Kodi but I've been using Exodus and I couldn't fault it really. Everything is on there.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4105 on: May 31, 2017, 11:21:55 am »

SALTS is like my last option. Zen is the best for me and of course there is Exodus and Specto.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4106 on: May 31, 2017, 12:40:25 pm »

Exodus,Phoenix/DrStream,Evolve & specto for movies.Evolve has top quality streams and the ones that have just RD next to them work without pairing.

For tv I mainly use Exodus and Specto and if I cannot find what I want on those two I use the Terrariumtv app (best app around)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #4107 on: May 31, 2017, 04:31:36 pm »
Are those 3 different devices all android boxes? When you say black screen of death you mean when you launch the installation process or to after it?

Got 2 different generations of the fire stick & tablet. I go into the app, the screw goes black and sends me to the menu I selected Kodi from. Have tried clearing cache, doing an upgrade & a fresh install with a consistent result, failure.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4108 on: May 31, 2017, 04:44:10 pm »
Got 2 different generations of the fire stick & tablet. I go into the app, the screw goes black and sends me to the menu I selected Kodi from. Have tried clearing cache, doing an upgrade & a fresh install with a consistent result, failure.

OK mate. I haven't worked with any of these but something tells me you should try this. On windows it wouldn't start unless you deleted the addons27.db file.

http://koditips.com/kodi-17-black-screen-startup-fix-addons-db/

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4109 on: May 31, 2017, 04:47:44 pm »

Where are you getting your kodi 17.3 from & are you sure that you're choosing the correct version/file ?

If you download the downloader from the Amazon store (use search function then it will come up) and put this link into it and click on the link,it should work.Just make sure that you have your previous version of kodi removed,I always delete cache and data  from es explorer before I do a new install

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/

I should add that this is for your sticks.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:06:13 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #4110 on: May 31, 2017, 05:00:10 pm »
OK mate. I haven't worked with any of these but something tells me you should try this. On windows it wouldn't start unless you deleted the addons27.db file.

http://koditips.com/kodi-17-black-screen-startup-fix-addons-db/
A lot of people have been having this problem.

If you search for the file and delete it, it rebuilds when you next restart kodi. (if you've been having problems, that is)

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #4111 on: May 31, 2017, 08:52:37 pm »
i have a andoid box that has kodi on, i purchased it a while back and haven't really used it in a while, i think it needs updating, anyone know the easiest way to do it?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4112 on: May 31, 2017, 09:05:25 pm »
i have a andoid box that has kodi on, i purchased it a while back and haven't really used it in a while, i think it needs updating, anyone know the easiest way to do it?

Depends what version of android it is running on,you need atleast 5.0 to run 17.3,if you cannot run 17 then you should look at one of the forks or just stick with 16.1 and make sure that you don't use subtitles.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4113 on: May 31, 2017, 10:28:46 pm »
Try putting SPMC on it.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4114 on: May 31, 2017, 10:53:49 pm »
I swear a Raspberry Pi 3 running OSMC is way less hassle than an Android box.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4115 on: May 31, 2017, 11:10:06 pm »
I swear a Raspberry Pi 3 running OSMC is way less hassle than an Android box.

No good for 4k though.I use fire sticks for moving around the house and have an H96 pro + for the living room.I know that the fire sticks are looked down on but I have had no problems with them,they have 5g wifi and in my experience run the live tv perfectly fine.

And for £40 with a never ending amazon prime 30 day trial you cannot go wrong.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4116 on: June 2, 2017, 05:36:07 pm »
a never ending amazon prime 30 day trial
Tell me more...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4117 on: June 2, 2017, 05:58:30 pm »
Tell me more...

Be glad to,you sign up for your free trial and cancel it as soon as you sign up,if you don't they take money at the end of the 30 days.Then at the end of the 30 days you simply sign up again with a new email,all the other details and card can be the same.I always remove my card from the dead accounts.  (Needed to add) You then deregister your stick/amazon device and sign into it with your new email and password.

You can keep doing that for as long as you want,I have been doing it for nearly 2 years now.Amazon must know about it but just not care,people even sell this info on ebay.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2017, 06:17:44 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #4118 on: June 2, 2017, 08:22:27 pm »
Is this upgrade to 17.3 or be hacked a scare story?
Cool down and play

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4119 on: June 2, 2017, 09:55:46 pm »
Is this upgrade to 17.3 or be hacked a scare story?

So long as you don't enable subtitles you're ok,hard coded subs are obviously ok.I still use 16.1 myself,it is faster but then I only use Terrariumtv if I want to watch a movie or tv show with subtitles (they have them up long before they hit kodi.

The VLC player also has the same problem as kodi with a backdoor if you dl subs.