Author Topic: Harry Wilson to get his chance (at Bournemouth!)  (Read 81667 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Harry Wilson to get his chance (at Bournemouth!)
« Reply #560 on: August 25, 2019, 06:43:03 pm »
Anyone with a link to a gif or video of the strike?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: August 25, 2019, 06:58:36 pm »
Anyone with a link to a gif or video of the strike?

Youtube has the Sky Sports highlights up.

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #563 on: August 25, 2019, 07:04:02 pm »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: August 25, 2019, 07:06:13 pm »
That free kick wowww

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: August 25, 2019, 07:15:21 pm »
Fantastic strike, absolutely inch perfect free kick, but let's face it, if he had stayed here he'd have as many minutes as Brewster right now.

Come October / November maybe there'll be a time he would have got a few games as injuries and fixtures kick in, but as good as he is, he's not in the same level as our first time players at this moment in time.

This is it we don't need all of our squad to be amazing. Barca, City etc don't have 18 world class players.

You need players that can step in and do a job if called upon and Wilson 100% would be able too.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #566 on: August 25, 2019, 07:26:36 pm »
Great free kick from Wilson, but we already know he's got that in his locker.  The issue I've mentioned before is that he's currently not a Klopp player and would need to improve the other area of his game (ie without the ball) to fit into our team. 

There are many teams in this league where he would be a starter and I still think he's destined for a 20-30M move to one of them. 
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: August 25, 2019, 07:43:30 pm »
Great free kick from Wilson, but we already know he's got that in his locker.  The issue I've mentioned before is that he's currently not a Klopp player and would need to improve the other area of his game (ie without the ball) to fit into our team. 

There are many teams in this league where he would be a starter and I still think he's destined for a 20-30M move to one of them. 

Klopp has said he will be here next season.

The option to buy was 25m and we refused.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #568 on: August 25, 2019, 08:44:59 pm »

Has he?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: August 25, 2019, 08:45:06 pm »
https://streamvi.com/watch.php?video=1566740879
https://twitter.com/i/status/1165623760172589059
Thanks, Chaps! I checked a few links before, but they were not available in the US/Cali (like the above twitter one), but the stream was.

Wow, what a strike! Right where the spiders fuck.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #570 on: August 25, 2019, 08:57:14 pm »
I wouldn't have let him go on loan to be honest. He only played a handful of games for us in pre season, and still scored a cracker from outside the box. If we only brought him on as a sub 5 times, and he scored once to win a game, if that pushed us 2 points higher and turned the title in our favour after what happened last season between us and City, it would be worth millions.

Best of luck to him at Bournemouth. A good set up and team to have him involved with. Plenty attacking and a successful young manager in Howe also.
:scarf
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #571 on: August 26, 2019, 01:01:48 am »

Klopp says lot of things that aren't true for various reasons.  We shall see.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #572 on: August 26, 2019, 01:21:38 am »

I mean, why did we loan him if we thought he was definitely going to be good enough? Why not just play him this season and give ourselves some much needed depth? Or do we think he's not quite there now, but he DEFINITELY will be next season?

My sense of it is either:

1. He doesn't get up to much this season and we sell him for less than what we would have got for him this season.
2. He does more or less what he did at Derby and Hull and scores ~10-12 goals, but still doesn't fit into the way we play, and we sell him for 50m+ on account of him being British and succeeding in the PL.
3. He successfully picks up some attributes that we want from a Liverpool player in addition to the ones he already has, and we keep him.

But I don't think anything's set in stone.

So far I think the most likely outcome is still (2).

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: August 26, 2019, 02:22:35 am »
Not sure if that's such a straightforward decision, Redcap. Not that the logic is flawed, but the details of his development depends on the opportunities Wilson has and those in front of him in the pecking order. Last season we thought that Origi was out, done and dusted. But he turned his fortunes around through hard work and professional attitude, and he's back to his pre-Mori level. perhaps Klopp thought that Wilson needs to have regular playing time to cut his teeth in the PL and he can add to the squad next year. Perhaps the jury is still out. One thing seems to be certain, that this is the season that makes or breaks his career. So far he's making it. Even if he turns out not to be good enough for us, he will command a hefty fee nest summer.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #574 on: August 26, 2019, 03:17:14 am »
MAN that was nice!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #575 on: August 26, 2019, 03:35:25 am »
Tactical decision more than an evaluation of his talent, though. Howe wanted to play a 5-4-1 formation with work down the wings, and chose the more athletic pairing to do that.

Which is largely my point. No matter how well he strikes a dead ball, if Klopp thinks he lacks the attributes required for a Liverpool player, or is down in the pecking order, then he's simply not going to be on the pitch enough to use his dead-ball talent.

I'm sure Klopp rates him highly, but knows that he wouldn't get enough games this season at Liverpool. You'd hope he will at Bournemouth, otherwise the loan makes no sense. I'm sure he will, especially now with the injury to Daniels, and let's hope he shines.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #576 on: August 26, 2019, 03:44:54 am »
Which is largely my point. No matter how well he strikes a dead ball, if Klopp thinks he lacks the attributes required for a Liverpool player, or is down in the pecking order, then he's simply not going to be on the pitch enough to use his dead-ball talent.

I'm sure Klopp rates him highly, but knows that he wouldn't get enough games this season at Liverpool. You'd hope he will at Bournemouth, otherwise the loan makes no sense. I'm sure he will, especially now with the injury to Daniels, and let's hope he shines.

Indeed, you're correct. No slight on the player, either, it's just horses for courses with every manager.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #577 on: August 26, 2019, 03:51:24 am »
He's one of those players that I'd love to see succeed at Liverpool though. Got a feeling that it's just not going to happen. Hopefully, he proves me wrong.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #578 on: August 26, 2019, 03:53:38 am »
The real question is, will his time at Bournemouth help him develop those aspects of his game that will make him more suitable to play in our team week in, week out? Is it the right club for him to learn these things and get experience in them?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #579 on: August 26, 2019, 06:40:17 am »

Or the manager went for the players he knows for longer to pack the midfield against a team like Man City. You've decided he's down the pecking order because of a selection in one game, when he started the previous gane and scored as well.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #580 on: August 26, 2019, 06:47:01 am »

So we were offered £25m ...

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #581 on: August 26, 2019, 06:52:38 am »
No he didn’t exactly, and he got plenty of stick for it. It’s all a bit odd, some seem to take it almost personally if you don’t think Wilson will make it here or even question if he will or not. Must say I’ve not seen the like of it before with a decent young player. Even last weekend he scored a goal, which is great, which was a proper big deflection. And it was being labelled a screamer  ;D It’ll be a very dull thread if it’s just for blindly bigging him up even when not particularly good.

And it wasn’t really a random comparison bud, just more talking about his age. There seems to be this idea that he’s just a kid but he’s a senior professional, it’s fair to judge him as such. No one was getting arsey when people criticised Origi on loan. And yeah to be fair the manager won’t make random comparisons either, it’ll be specific comparisons to the players he’s up against for opportunities. He’s on loan.....

I don't know if people take it personally or not as you say, but it's not sound reading when there are a few who have been on to him in a negative way right from the off for no reason. It's one thing whether he makes it here or not and a completely another thing to be constantly negative about him, making assumptions regarding Klopp's stand (reminds of Sturridge and body language experts) on him.

As I said, Klopp has never really so far compared players' developments at all, and he's clearly more aware than some of us here that development is not linear. Whether he thinks the lad suits or style of play or not, he'd never outright dismiss anybody unless you're off in terms of discipline like Sakho was.

He is a senior professional, but it's not like he has been one for years like he is being assessed. This is his 2nd year as a senior professional and he has already had one successful year as one. As a context, Lallana was in League 1 at that at a similar age and he'd have still been a starter here without his fitness issues.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: August 26, 2019, 06:59:26 am »
Has to be mentioned that he should've had an assist after putting their striker 1 on 1 with Ederson. At least I think it was Harry's pass that lead to that chance.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: August 26, 2019, 07:17:31 am »
Has to be mentioned that he should've had an assist after putting their striker 1 on 1 with Ederson. At least I think it was Harry's pass that lead to that chance.

Yeah,watched the game and that was one of the best attacking moves B'mouth had (few as there was)

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: August 26, 2019, 07:30:15 am »
I don't think we need to make any conclusions about the lad. He's got a wonderful left foot and can hit free kicks and long range goals. What we are yet to see is whether he can produce all of the other necessary qualities to be a top player at a top club. He has all season to develop those qualities and become a well rounded player. He's made a good start so far, but it's only been 2 games. His goal against Man City was a cracker, and he had maybe 1 or 2 other good interventions in the rest of the game but actually was pretty anonymous for the rest.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: August 26, 2019, 07:43:37 am »
Suso mk. 2
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: August 26, 2019, 08:03:16 am »
I don't know if people take it personally or not as you say, but it's not sound reading when there are a few who have been on to him in a negative way right from the off for no reason. It's one thing whether he makes it here or not and a completely another thing to be constantly negative about him, making assumptions regarding Klopp's stand (reminds of Sturridge and body language experts) on him.

As I said, Klopp has never really so far compared players' developments at all, and he's clearly more aware than some of us here that development is not linear. Whether he thinks the lad suits or style of play or not, he'd never outright dismiss anybody unless you're off in terms of discipline like Sakho was.

He is a senior professional, but it's not like he has been one for years like he is being assessed. This is his 2nd year as a senior professional and he has already had one successful year as one. As a context, Lallana was in League 1 at that at a similar age and he'd have still been a starter here without his fitness issues.

I’m not sure anyone’s been constantly negative about him either though (well, maybe Jack but I think a lot of that is in jest). At a guess most of the ‘negative’ posts about him (certainly mine and defactos amongst others) aren’t at all that he’s shit or anything but rather his all round game isn’t at a level to contribute regularly for Liverpool. Which seems to be the exact opinion the manager has.

We all hope he has a cracking season and develops the other areas of his game. There’s no doubt a good player, good presser, energetic, quick, intelligent player with his shooting ability would get on the pitch a lot for us and score a lot of goals with it but if his game isn’t quite there then he just isn’t going to get on. Where he is at the moment will lead to him being a good player for 14 of the teams in this league, maybe even a few more.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #587 on: August 26, 2019, 08:30:45 am »
I’m not sure anyone’s been constantly negative about him either though (well, maybe Jack but I think a lot of that is in jest). At a guess most of the ‘negative’ posts about him (certainly mine and defactos amongst others) aren’t at all that he’s shit or anything but rather his all round game isn’t at a level to contribute regularly for Liverpool. Which seems to be the exact opinion the manager has.

We all hope he has a cracking season and develops the other areas of his game. There’s no doubt a good player, good presser, energetic, quick, intelligent player with his shooting ability would get on the pitch a lot for us and score a lot of goals with it but if his game isn’t quite there then he just isn’t going to get on. Where he is at the moment will lead to him being a good player for 14 of the teams in this league, maybe even a few more.

Fair enough, mate.

Except the point where some of you are assuming where he stands with Klopp as of now. Things may or may not change, but nobody really knows what plans Klopp has for him as of now.

My theory to counter your assumption of Klopp's opinion:

If Klopp had finalized he is not in his plans, he'd have let him go already. Edwards may manage to get good fees for our players, but Klopp doesn't hold players only for that, he is someone who has shown to care for players' futures. At least for resolving his future, we'd have already seen the last of Wilson if Klopp has already decided like some of you are making it out as.

Edit: I'm not saying either assumption is wrong, I just like to take the positive one.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 08:58:09 am by PoetryInMotion »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: August 26, 2019, 09:10:36 am »
Fair enough, mate.

Except the point where some of you are assuming where he stands with Klopp as of now. Things may or may not change, but nobody really knows what plans Klopp has for him as of now.

My theory to counter your assumption of Klopp's opinion:

If Klopp had finalized he is not in his plans, he'd have let him go already. Edwards may manage to get good fees for our players, but Klopp doesn't hold players only for that, he is someone who has shown to care for players' futures. At least for resolving his future, we'd have already seen the last of Wilson if Klopp has already decided like some of you are making it out as.

Edit: I'm not saying either assumption is wrong, I just like to take the positive one.

You’re honestly getting a little bit like Coolie with this one, making a lot of assumptions about posters because they don’t rate someone quite as highly as you. You’ve jumped all over a lad a few posts up for suggesting he was wrong that Wilson was down the pecking order at Bournemouth, when that’s not at all what he said.

The fact is, he’s out on loan. So the manager has clearly decided he’s not good enough to be in our squad this season. Aside from that, who knows? We don’t know if anyone even made an offer for him in the summer, a lot of the speculation was that we’d consider it. The lack of a set fee again means nothing, it’d be bonkers to agree a fee before he’s played a PL game.

The best idea would be to calm down about it, not take it so personally, and join everyone in hoping he has a cracking loan spell. He nearly helped take points off City yesterday, I’d imagine he’ll have success against other clubs that we’d enjoy and if we win the league by one goal on goal difference then he’ll be a legend.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: August 26, 2019, 10:27:11 am »
I don't think we need to make any conclusions about the lad. He's got a wonderful left foot and can hit free kicks and long range goals. What we are yet to see is whether he can produce all of the other necessary qualities to be a top player at a top club. He has all season to develop those qualities and become a well rounded player. He's made a good start so far, but it's only been 2 games. His goal against Man City was a cracker, and he had maybe 1 or 2 other good interventions in the rest of the game but actually was pretty anonymous for the rest.

He already has all the necessary qualities, he has everything but Salah and Mane's pace and in the end that might bet the most important factor in him making it here or not, hopefully Klopp would have an idea of using him the same way Bernardo has been used for City, but again him and Pep are different mamangers who prioritise different things.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: August 26, 2019, 10:33:01 am »
You’re honestly getting a little bit like Coolie with this one, making a lot of assumptions about posters because they don’t rate someone quite as highly as you. You’ve jumped all over a lad a few posts up for suggesting he was wrong that Wilson was down the pecking order at Bournemouth, when that’s not at all what he said.

The fact is, he’s out on loan. So the manager has clearly decided he’s not good enough to be in our squad this season. Aside from that, who knows? We don’t know if anyone even made an offer for him in the summer, a lot of the speculation was that we’d consider it. The lack of a set fee again means nothing, it’d be bonkers to agree a fee before he’s played a PL game.

The best idea would be to calm down about it, not take it so personally, and join everyone in hoping he has a cracking loan spell. He nearly helped take points off City yesterday, I’d imagine he’ll have success against other clubs that we’d enjoy and if we win the league by one goal on goal difference then he’ll be a legend.

I don't make assumptions about posters, I just comment on what you lot say, and I think a lot of you have been way off on your assesments of Wilson, I agree with poetry of motion and unsurprisingly the best assessment of the situation has come fromPhaseofplay.

I've never seen one player played down so much, anything amazing he does is accompanied with a whole host of caveats, it's almost as if some people want him to fail just so they can come on here and say I told you so.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: August 26, 2019, 10:35:45 am »
For all the fuss over his freekick (rightly so, it was a breathtaking goal) Bournemouth other best chances came directly through Wilsons play. Smiths chance he should have scored was from a Wilson cross from the right. Calum Wilson in on goal only to see his shot saved one-on-one by Ederson, through ball played by Wilson

The guy makes things happen and I still think the rest of his game is underrated, he links play well and puts in a good shift in pressing and getting back to help defend

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #592 on: August 26, 2019, 10:37:59 am »
He already has all the necessary qualities, he has everything but Salah and Mane's pace and in the end that might bet the most important factor in him making it here or not, hopefully Klopp would have an idea of using him the same way Bernardo has been used for City, but again him and Pep are different mamangers who prioritise different things.

Klopp used and was successful with the likes of Reus and Kuba as his wide players at Dortmund and they're not really electrifying with their pace. I don't think that pace is that important for a Klopp team as a wide player as long as you're effective somehow. Timing and game IQ can make you a lot faster than you really are.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #593 on: August 26, 2019, 10:41:28 am »

I get the skill set comparison but Bernardo Silva is an animal on the pitch though. His running power, aggression gives him that extra cutting edge on top of his already wondrous skill on the ball. Klopp would have little hesitation playing him out wide. I feel this is an area which Wilson can add to his game since it's more a mentality.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: August 26, 2019, 10:42:36 am »
For all the fuss over his freekick (rightly so, it was a breathtaking goal) Bournemouth other best chances came directly through Wilsons play. Smiths chance he should have scored was from a Wilson cross from the right. Calum Wilson in on goal only to see his shot saved one-on-one by Ederson, through ball played by Wilson

The guy makes things happen and I still think the rest of his game is underrated, he links play well and puts in a good shift in pressing and getting back to help defend

Exactly and it was the same against United last year, crazy free kick but he also got their  keeper sent off  because a wonderful off the ball run.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: August 26, 2019, 10:53:35 am »
I don't make assumptions about posters, I just comment on what you lot say, and I think a lot of you have been way off on your assesments of Wilson, I agree with poetry of motion and unsurprisingly the best assessment of the situation has come fromPhaseofplay.

I've never seen one player played down so much, anything amazing he does is accompanied with a whole host of caveats, it's almost as if some people want him to fail just so they can come on here and say I told you so.

You do though Coolie, a lot. Anyone who has doubted he was good enough to be part of the squad has basically been told by yourself that they obviously haven’t watched him, or don’t know much about football.

The look on everyone’s faces when Harry Wilson is the only forward added to our forward line.

For example.

We all know how invested emotionally you are, no one really knows why, but there are a few posters (yourself and PoetryInMotion being the main ones, Fordy to a lesser extent) who seem very keen to take what is a pretty standard, soft debate about a good Liverpool youngster into something a little more sinister. You’ve never seen a player downplayed so much...? Seriously? Genuine top class players like Lucas and Henderson had it (and still do) for years upon years.

You must surely realise too that hyperbole like ‘he has all the qualities of Salah and Mane, just not as quick’ doesn’t help?

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: August 26, 2019, 11:19:46 am »
You do though Coolie, a lot. Anyone who has doubted he was good enough to be part of the squad has basically been told by yourself that they obviously haven’t watched him, or don’t know much about football.

For example.

We all know how invested emotionally you are, no one really knows why, but there are a few posters (yourself and PoetryInMotion being the main ones, Fordy to a lesser extent) who seem very keen to take what is a pretty standard, soft debate about a good Liverpool youngster into something a little more sinister. You’ve never seen a player downplayed so much...? Seriously? Genuine top class players like Lucas and Henderson had it (and still do) for years upon years.

You must surely realise too that hyperbole like ‘he has all the qualities of Salah and Mane, just not as quick’ doesn’t help?

What's the reasons for doubting him though? I don't agree with some of the reasons used and I argue it, that's what the forum is here for.

I'm only emotionally invested in Liverpool, I've had players I personallyknow play for this club and fail or move, its football.

You must realise you have a habit of putting words into peoples mouths? I said he has all
the qualities to make it here already, passing touch intelligence just lacking the pace of the other two...

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: August 26, 2019, 11:30:50 am »
What's the reasons for doubting him though?

It’s been done to death already, and when you get any counter argument you inevitably put it down to ‘obviously not watching him much’. People don’t think his all round game is good enough at the moment to be in the squad. The manager seems to agree. His end product is excellent but he generally doesn’t get involved in play much, drifts out of games a fair bit. Derby fans said it, Bournemouth fans are already saying it. And that’s not a huge problem for clubs like that but it wouldn’t really work for a club like ours.

You said he has everything but Salah and Manes pace....? That suggests that...he has everything they have but their pace, no?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 11:34:35 am by fucking appalled »

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: August 26, 2019, 11:40:24 am »
Suso mk. 2

who turned out to be an excellent player - but probably would not have made it in the PL.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #599 on: August 26, 2019, 11:41:01 am »

And you're becoming more like JackWard with this one. He did call it a dark day for 'fans' (people who support their players). You're getting closer to that every post.

So you're saying 'aside from that, who knows?' which was my point and then contradicting yourself in the process when you have previously claimed that Klopp agrees with your opinion and have used that to score your point.

I think this 'not taking it personally' and 'cooling it' goes both ways, the assumptions go both ways which I've merely acknowledged that I'm taking the positive one. If you don't want to be positive about a youngster coming through and succeeding at every level he has played so far, that's your choice, but come to terms that there will be others who will support him as well.

I don't know in which world is it not supporting and playing down a player coming through the academy is the nobler cause like you're portraying and naming people than doing the job of supporters and actually 'support'. Just because players like Hendo and Lucas have been at the brunt of this type of bollocks at rawk quite often doesn't really justify doing the same to Wilson. I have been defending Hendo as well, I didn't hear any criticism of it from you then because you defended him. Now, it's wrong because you're on the other side? You need to get off the high horse here.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 11:50:06 am by PoetryInMotion »