Author Topic: Can long lost birthplace of Bill Shankly be revived?  (Read 24785 times)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can long lost birthplace of Bill Shankly be revived?
« on: February 27, 2016, 02:25:20 am »
Can long lost birthplace of Bill Shankly be revived?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35659252

Professor Russel Griggs, chairman of the SMRT, said: "We have people who come from all over the world to Spireslack.
"One geologist told me it's as internationally important as the Large Hadron Collider at CERN is to the particle physics community."

One of the better summaries I have had to write over the past decade and a bit (one of my clients takes Hadron Collider mentions). As a physics fan, that geologist is not wrong...
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: Can long lost birthplace of Bill Shankly be revived?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 03:00:16 pm »
I remember he huge disappointment when we first paid it a visit not knowing beforehand that it no longer existed.

This sounds like superb news.

I'll definitely be giving the programme a watch tomorrow.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: March 3, 2016, 07:52:38 pm »
Here you are folks for the radio documentary Cradle of Football. Fascinating it is too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03lc8n0

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 12:08:19 pm »

Thought this may be of interest to some on here...

'Veteran anarchist spearheading plans to revive celebrated Scottish football team'... (Glenbuck Cherrypickers)

https://www.scotsman.com/news/veteran-anarchist-spearheading-plans-to-revive-celebrated-scottish-football-team-1-4728314
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #5 on: September 2, 2019, 08:46:23 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Red Sky at Night

• Main Stander
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 01:34:40 pm »

A superb memorial to Shankly. If I'm passing through that area I'll certainly pay a visit.

It's great to see the achievements listed on the memorial - these are all trophies won for the Reds.... I think one his greatest achievements however, was not silverware, but that he gave a football club, and a while city, belief again and he set the scene for a dynasty of dedicated folk (Paisley, Fagan, Evans et al) who have created the greatest football club on earth. Thanks Bill
‘It’s one of the finest exhibitions of football I’ve ever seen in my life… I’ve seen Brazilians play but I’ve never seen the game played at that pace or executed like that.’ - Sir Tom Finney after Liverpool thrashed Nottingham Forest 5-0 in 1988