Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 478189 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #5040 on: December 28, 2018, 10:34:02 am »
If I have to change my car, then my next one will also be a normal fuel car, possibly a diesel, as I fancy an XF or XE. Ideally I'd like to keep my X-type as I really like it and modern cars do nothing for me. I'm interested in doing a conversion to electric in the future if the cost wasn't prohibitive and it could be done to my car, I've done LPG conversions in the past on a Sierra and a Mondeo so wouldn't have any concerns about going electric. I saw an episode of Wheeler Dealers where it had been done to a Maserati Bi-Turbo and it would work out cheaper than buying a new car.

For my commute the limited range wouldn't bother me, as I only do about 40 miles a week, it's when I go to visit family in Southport or we go away for a weekend where the problems would start. I know the Tesla has a great range, but they are ridiculously expensive.

Too early for an electric car in my eyes. Just brought a new BMW 4 series. BMW and Mercedes(was interested in one) were selling more Diesel cars than ever.

The electric cars still take too long to charge, don't get many miles, too expensive, not enough decent range  and not enough points still.

My next car will certainly be a fuel car. Think it will be 10 years before I even entertain an electric car.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5041 on: December 28, 2018, 11:37:52 am »
The electric cars still take too long to charge, don't get many miles, too expensive, not enough decent range  and not enough points still.

I think the fastest chargers at the moment are 100kw which takes about 20 mins to "fill" next versions are supposed to be 350kw so speed of charge will drop hugely very soon

Distance is sorted for most people now I think at 250+ miles

I think it's all happening a lot faster than people realise :)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5042 on: December 28, 2018, 12:04:58 pm »
I think the fastest chargers at the moment are 100kw which takes about 20 mins to "fill" next versions are supposed to be 350kw so speed of charge will drop hugely very soon

Distance is sorted for most people now I think at 250+ miles

I think it's all happening a lot faster than people realise :)

You're right there, last time I looked at the Leaf, it was realistically 70 miles, the 2018 was up to 230 and the new ones will go up to 350.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5043 on: December 28, 2018, 12:12:55 pm »
Id get an electric next if it was a feasible option.  I do plenty of miles and they are not quite good enough with the batteries, charging times and infrastructure yet.  Think the technology needs to hit its next stage and there needs to be more and faster charge points developed and located.  Does chippy tits have enough say in it as most parking spots are privately owned?  Think 1 more normal fuel based car for me then hopefully things will have caught up a bit.
Charging points are surprisingly common now, they are in Edge Lane retain, many supermarkets have them and if they don't they will soon.
The Council also plans to install approx 100 points across the city during 2019.

If it's affordable don't hesitate mate.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5044 on: December 28, 2018, 02:43:39 pm »
Company car I drive is a Toyota Aurus, cracking little motor.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #5045 on: December 28, 2018, 04:38:30 pm »
Company car I drive is a Toyota Aurus, cracking little motor.

Should get it looked at then mate, cracked motors are not laughing matter...
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5046 on: December 28, 2018, 04:46:58 pm »
Should get it looked at then mate, cracked motors are not laughing matter...

Y.N.W.A.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5047 on: January 4, 2019, 09:25:55 pm »
Gone from an Audi A4 to... a slightly newer Audi A4!
Decent car though

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5048 on: January 5, 2019, 11:25:03 am »
Going hybrid soon and mulling over which one.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5049 on: January 5, 2019, 01:43:11 pm »
Dunno if you saw my previous post, but I drive a Prius Plug-In Hybrid, and I'd definitely recommend it. I'm luck enough to have a charging point outside work, which means that my commute effectively costs me nothing, but even without that, I get a good 67-70 mpg.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5050 on: January 6, 2019, 10:50:57 am »
Has anyone owned an X5 or Cayenne, specifically the current models (13-18)?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5051 on: January 6, 2019, 12:35:42 pm »

Yeah I have owned the X5 and my mate owned a cayenne.

Would have the X5 over the Cayenne any day of the week.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5052 on: January 6, 2019, 12:59:02 pm »

Carrying Charlie Adam round must need some grunt

;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5053 on: January 6, 2019, 01:18:31 pm »
Carrying Charlie Adam round must need some grunt

;)

Ha ha it's hard work.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5054 on: January 6, 2019, 01:49:03 pm »

Thanks. Why would you have it over the Cayenne?

Offline TOGH

• Give me a G, give me an R ....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Glittering Prizes And Endless Compromises
« Reply #5055 on: January 6, 2019, 03:27:18 pm »

Have had a Golf GTE for about about 6 months and love it.  It has one of the larger pure electric ranges for a PHEV and has GTE mode (approx 220 bhp) for when you want a bit of fun.

Meh

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5056 on: January 6, 2019, 04:14:48 pm »
Have had a Golf GTE for about about 6 months and love it.  It has one of the larger pure electric ranges for a PHEV and has GTE mode (approx 220 bhp) for when you want a bit of fun.

that car next to you could do with moving over a bit  :o
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5057 on: January 6, 2019, 05:21:31 pm »
Thanks. Why would you have it over the Cayenne?

BMW, which offers about the same level of equipment for less money plus they is no wow factor to the Cayenne with the Posche badge. The X5 in my eyes looks better also and reports show its  more safe. Cayenne better on performance but you would expect that. BMW performance is top draw though.

I'm all for brands but I think spending an extra thousands on the Cayenne is pointless. Any other posche then certainly.

However, both two quality 4 x 4's.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5058 on: January 6, 2019, 09:10:26 pm »
BMW, which offers about the same level of equipment for less money plus they is no wow factor to the Cayenne with the Posche badge. The X5 in my eyes looks better also and reports show its  more safe. Cayenne better on performance but you would expect that. BMW performance is top draw though.

I'm all for brands but I think spending an extra thousands on the Cayenne is pointless. Any other posche then certainly.

However, both two quality 4 x 4's.

Thanks Fordy.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5059 on: January 6, 2019, 10:32:40 pm »

The Prius may be one of your best bets if you don't want plug-in. The IONIQ is a fantastic car but check the parking brake.

It's a foot brake by your left foot which is like a 1900 design. Fucking hell it's disappointingly awful.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5060 on: January 6, 2019, 11:29:26 pm »
Nice looking car, looks pretty sporty at the front, Cool plate as well!!!

We're going small suv and there is so many to choose from, we both like the Toyota Chr, i read the new Juke is out in summer but from the pics i've seen recently it looks far away from the 1st gen Juke and looks a bit bland sadly.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #5061 on: January 7, 2019, 08:56:29 am »

will the reg plate change to 19 in may?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #5062 on: January 7, 2019, 09:39:46 am »
Just traded our 1 Series BMW in for a 5 Series Touring. 64 plate but really great nick and low mileage for it's age.

Loads of room for dogs and bikes and all that. Nice drive too.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline TOGH

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5063 on: January 7, 2019, 11:02:18 am »
will the reg plate change to 19 in may?

I had been considering buying the 19 plate but wouldn’t be able to put it on that car so would need to either buy a new car too or hold on to the plate until a get a newer one in a few years (and by then Jurgen will hopefully have us on the verge of 21!)

Just actually had a look and the 19 version seems to be have been sold within the past 2 weeks, guess I’ll be waiting for 21...
Meh

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #5064 on: January 7, 2019, 11:16:45 pm »
I bounced over to Amurka recently for a few days and rented one of these.

I didn't have much driving to do and a lot of it was eight lane stuff so I can't really assess it but it was sort of cramped and not terribly interesting. Quick, though. In a straight line.

My buddy who I was visiting (El Campeador from on here but now one of The Banned) had a snorting BMW X5, something like 450 bhp. Rapid but kinda boaty, like all SUVs.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5065 on: January 8, 2019, 11:38:31 am »
I like driving SUVs, I am not sure I like the looks of the Porsche though.
Justice for the 96!

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #5066 on: January 9, 2019, 01:32:33 pm »

Wife has a '17 plate X5 and it is great.  Extremely well built, very reliable (touch wood) and actually great fun to drive when I get a rip at it.

M Sport turbo diesel model so plenty of grunt and a really nice interior / exterior trim level.  Masses of room inside as you would expect.

Was giving it a scrub down on Sunday and it struck me that the paintwork and alloys were still in pristine nick after 18 month and almost 20K miles, unlike her previous Merc SUV who's paint was stone chipped to buggery and alloys shot to shit after the same period.

Cant speak for the Porsche Cayenne as I only run the smaller ones  ;)
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #5067 on: January 9, 2019, 02:07:06 pm »
We are in the motability scheme due to my sons disabilities, due to change in May as our current 3 year lease expires.
Probably getting a Ford Kuga ST Line Edition, 180ps, like the look of it, bit more sporty than our current Kuga Titanium X 150ps.

Might also test drive a BMW X1 xdrive sport and a VW Tiguan SEL as an alternative.

Problem we find is getting a drive in the exact car, spec we are interested in.

My wife has a Mini one, just the ideal car for her going to work and back.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2019, 02:17:27 pm by Frank Becton »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5068 on: January 9, 2019, 11:04:21 pm »
Wife has a '17 plate X5 and it is great.  Extremely well built, very reliable (touch wood) and actually great fun to drive when I get a rip at it.

M Sport turbo diesel model so plenty of grunt and a really nice interior / exterior trim level.  Masses of room inside as you would expect.

Was giving it a scrub down on Sunday and it struck me that the paintwork and alloys were still in pristine nick after 18 month and almost 20K miles, unlike her previous Merc SUV who's paint was stone chipped to buggery and alloys shot to shit after the same period.

Cant speak for the Porsche Cayenne as I only run the smaller ones  ;)

Thanks. The new 19 Cayenne and X5 models have really improved the interior so there was little to choose between the two. Both seem to be built very well and people i know who had a Cayenne raved about the drive.

The reliability and refinement is more what I am after. I have a RR Sport and although it looks and drives great it has the problem that everyone warned me about and what I expected, which is that it was put together by a bunch of Brexit supporting Brummies, so its built awfully badly and always falls apart. Had to laugh when the LR dealer asked if I could be tempted to the Velar next.

Deffo going German now.

« Last Edit: January 9, 2019, 11:06:23 pm by a treeless whopper »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5069 on: January 9, 2019, 11:05:35 pm »
I like driving SUVs, I am not sure I like the looks of the Porsche though.

Oh its quite ugly but I do like its new rear and that rear light design.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #5070 on: January 10, 2019, 09:53:04 pm »
Thanks. The new 19 Cayenne and X5 models have really improved the interior so there was little to choose between the two. Both seem to be built very well and people i know who had a Cayenne raved about the drive.

The reliability and refinement is more what I am after. I have a RR Sport and although it looks and drives great it has the problem that everyone warned me about and what I expected, which is that it was put together by a bunch of Brexit supporting Brummies, so its built awfully badly and always falls apart. Had to laugh when the LR dealer asked if I could be tempted to the Velar next.

Deffo going German now.

Haha, we were recently talking about what she wants when she changes the X5 out later this year and the Velar came up.  Nice looking car but would not touch it with a shity stick with JLR build quality and general reliability.

Looking at being a new X5 presently but the new Q7 will be tried out also.

Like these big barges for long distance trips but would never take one over my porker.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5071 on: January 11, 2019, 07:43:04 pm »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5072 on: January 13, 2019, 09:44:23 pm »

Looks very like the car park behind the Europa Hotel
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TOGH

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5073 on: January 13, 2019, 11:34:35 pm »
Looks very like the car park behind the Europa Hotel

It is indeed, you must know your car parks fairly well!
Meh

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5074 on: January 14, 2019, 09:52:37 am »
he must be dogging

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5075 on: January 14, 2019, 11:30:32 am »

I am currently standing in the kitchen looking directly at it  ;D I work in the building behind your car.

Offline TOGH

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5076 on: January 14, 2019, 01:04:55 pm »
I am currently standing in the kitchen looking directly at it  ;D I work in the building behind your car.

:wave Greetings neighbourino, I’m probably next door to you so (assuming you’re in the child support building and not over by the goh/ sandy row sides).

The car isn’t there today anyway (Fuck spending 45 mins to drive 4 miles and then £15 a day to park there).
Meh

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5077 on: January 14, 2019, 01:09:50 pm »
:wave Greetings neighbourino, I’m probably next door to you so (assuming you’re in the child support building and not over by the goh/ sandy row sides).

The car isn’t there today anyway (Fuck spending 45 mins to drive 4 miles and then £15 a day to park there).

Yeah mate I'm in GNT. We get it for £6 a day

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5078 on: January 14, 2019, 03:03:52 pm »
live not far from belfast :wave

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5079 on: January 27, 2019, 08:16:37 pm »
The old man has just bought a 2014 RS4, I can’t wait to give it a thrash.