Author Topic: PL Spurs 0 v Liverpool 1 ‘36 Bobby  (Read 43200 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: PL Spurs 0 v Liverpool 1 ‘36 Bobby
« Reply #480 on: January 11, 2020, 10:55:12 pm »
Great that, I think Spurs can consider themselves lucky the game wasn't finished earlier. Bad fart all these knobheads who wanted Robertson sent off, probably start crying on MOTD about it now.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline LFConor

• Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #481 on: January 11, 2020, 10:55:13 pm »
Allison is a top keeper, the best around I would say. However, Clemence was the best I have seen and was so for many years. The only flaw was Clem's kicking but Allison's isn't the best either.

Allison's kicking isn't the best  :o, one of the best keepers in football at distribution
"If the supporters like me, it's not half as much as I like them"
Kenny Dalglish - 6/2/2011

6 European Cups and 19 Leagues thats what we call history

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: January 11, 2020, 10:59:31 pm »
How does Atkinson get away with his blatant bias against us.
He does everything bar wear a I hate scousers sticker on his back, he's the biggest cnut of a referee I've ever seen.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: January 11, 2020, 11:07:28 pm »
That win was big, massive and huge
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: January 11, 2020, 11:08:21 pm »
That win was big, massive and huge

Thesaurus for Christmas?

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #485 on: January 11, 2020, 11:09:57 pm »
This whole "we had more rest than they did, they've played more games" etc seems to only matter in regards to cumulative fatigue, no? Such as certain players likelier to get injured due to an intense schedule? I say that because you wouldn't have known that we rested our first team last weekend if you watched that second half. And even going back before the new year, Wolves had only 48 hours between games before we played them and we had 24 more hours worth of rest, and they matched us all the way. Spurs put out a full strength line up in the FA Cup while we rested everyone and they didn't look any less tired than we did. If anything we looked leggier in the second half. And unless United pick up an injury or two against Wolves on Wednesday, that extra game they have isn't going to impact their performance one bit come next weekend. They're not going to come to Anfield more "tired" or other such bollocks. Having more time off seems to put us off our groove.

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: January 11, 2020, 11:10:46 pm »
Thesaurus for Christmas?

Yes please, what shall I get you in return?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: January 11, 2020, 11:11:31 pm »
Yes please, what shall I get you in return?

He wants a purple dildo.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: January 11, 2020, 11:12:09 pm »
I love this team.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: January 11, 2020, 11:13:01 pm »
 ;D

That'll do but maybe you need it mate. Your ears need cleaning.  ;D

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: January 11, 2020, 11:13:46 pm »
He wants a purple dildo.

I'll have a word with Alan Irwin

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jόrgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #491 on: January 11, 2020, 11:14:02 pm »
Allison is a top keeper, the best around I would say. However, Clemence was the best I have seen and was so for many years. The only flaw was Clem's kicking but Allison's isn't the best either.

WTAF?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jόrgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline #RedDawn2020

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #492 on: January 11, 2020, 11:14:35 pm »
The combination of T. W. Atkinson referring, Tyler commentating and Mourinho coaching...that’s just too much. Blurgh.

Overall solid game, lost it a bit in the last 15 and were certainly lucky not to concede at least once with the 2-3 chances they had. I suspect at some point in the season those chances will go in and we will be faced with a very uncomfortable game. If it happens, let’s hope it’s not an important game. (Personally a bit afraid it might be A. Madrid where it happens).

I also hope at some point we dish out a real hiding to someone. Can’t have those 2nd rate teams below us hovering around our goal difference for much longer with their freak results against Watford and Southampton.

Here’s to an early comeback this and next week for our injured squad players - we are going to need them for before the Winter break.

“Intensity is our identity.”

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: January 11, 2020, 11:15:06 pm »

You can get cheaper ones from Stoke fans.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: January 11, 2020, 11:26:34 pm »
;D

That'll do but maybe you need it mate. Your ears need cleaning.  ;D

What?

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #495 on: January 11, 2020, 11:31:07 pm »
The only flaw was Clem's kicking but Allison's isn't the best either.

What? Allison is amazing with his feet. I’ve never seen a keeper so accurate with his kicking? Surely you’re thinking of Mignolet.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: January 11, 2020, 11:48:44 pm »
Every time I see our record this season that fucking draw really irrationally pisses me off ;D

I just know them bastards will take joy out of preventing the perfect season (should that happen). The'll write and sing songs about it for generations.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #497 on: January 11, 2020, 11:56:14 pm »
Alison is so well positioned that he didn’t needed diving all over the fuck shop to be making saves.

That to me is the making of a great keeper.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: January 12, 2020, 12:00:58 am »
I was gonna wait until the end of January to say this, but I think we might have a chance of winning the league guys!

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #499 on: January 12, 2020, 12:07:18 am »
I just know them bastards will take joy out of preventing the perfect season (should that happen). The'll write and sing songs about it for generations.

Just gives Klopp the perfect excuse to stick the boot in and push on next season for an even better record.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: January 12, 2020, 12:07:39 am »
The combination of T. W. Atkinson referring, Tyler commentating and Mourinho coaching...that’s just too much. Blurgh.

Haha the only worse scenario would be Hodge-podge managing :)

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #501 on: January 12, 2020, 12:20:44 am »
He does everything bar wear a I hate scousers sticker on his back, he's the biggest cnut of a referee I've ever seen.
That was a copy of the manu game. How can a team with 66% possession give twice as many fouls away as the opposition who were in total defence mode.
I was beginning to wonder if he would ever give us a free kick but he gave us a couple late on to make 4 in total!.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: January 12, 2020, 12:30:49 am »
I don't understand those saying that we played badly at all. We were sloppy a few times, yes. But that was an incredibly dominant performance for the vast majority of the game. They spent the whole match looking for a counter attack, and we dealt with it very intelligently, moving between measured possession and occasional rapier thrusts throughout.

I remember watching teams like Real, or Barca or Bayern in their pomp, and wondering at the levels of control and authority they exerted, forcing the game to be played the way they needed it to be. Now we've got a team that, in its unique way, does the same, game after game.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: January 12, 2020, 12:32:06 am »
The only flaw was Clem's kicking but Allison's isn't the best either.

??? ??? ???
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: January 12, 2020, 12:41:58 am »

Allison only kicks it a few times per game so it's difficult to judge.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: January 12, 2020, 12:42:51 am »

I don't think he was. He let a few things go like Robertson's tackle  Now if he hates us that much he blows a free kick and disallows our goal even though there was nothing wrong in both. I though he managed the game well. Not brilliant but to say the odd free kick he gave to them was because he hates us is silly.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #506 on: January 12, 2020, 12:57:33 am »
Get in in Bobby!!! great goal, another massive win and another 3 points, the reds machine marches on!!!

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: January 12, 2020, 01:14:51 am »
Same olde. Same olde Moan.
Low bl9ck. Park the proverbial bus.
And hope to catch a break after the 70th minute.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: January 12, 2020, 01:26:27 am »
Just incredible, best Liverpool side I've seen.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: January 12, 2020, 01:38:33 am »
This is the very best team in the world. This team and Klopp will be spoken about in 15-20 years time in the same way the past heroes are recalled.

Brilliant again today for 60 mins and Klopp calls them out at the end as we should have put them to bed, tucked them in and sung Rock-a-Bye Baby.

Relentless in the pursuit of perfection.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #510 on: January 12, 2020, 01:41:34 am »
I don't understand those saying that we played badly at all. We were sloppy a few times, yes. But that was an incredibly dominant performance for the vast majority of the game. They spent the whole match looking for a counter attack, and we dealt with it very intelligently, moving between measured possession and occasional rapier thrusts throughout.

I remember watching teams like Real, or Barca or Bayern in their pomp, and wondering at the levels of control and authority they exerted, forcing the game to be played the way they needed it to be. Now we've got a team that, in its unique way, does the same, game after game.

The three points were welcome but it was an awful performance.

We made so many mistakes it was untrue. Three or four times we even misplaced a pass or two. Not good enough.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #511 on: January 12, 2020, 01:47:03 am »

We made so many mistakes it was untrue. Three or four times we even misplaced a pass or two. Not good enough.

We even got caught whilst in possession 3 times!!
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #512 on: January 12, 2020, 01:49:18 am »
massive three points, i hate that fixture, im never confident of a win away to spurs so that was as welcome as fuck and a beautifully taken goal by bobby

and tho we may look tongue-in-cheek at mistakes towards the end now the result is in, VVD was spot on in his postmatch interview - that needs sorting, that wasn't good enough, cos on another day those chance/s could just as easily go in and we'd all be sitting here pissy about it
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 01:52:41 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: January 12, 2020, 02:33:04 am »
How good was Mane though? Lost count of the number of times he sprinted back and won the ball back. His acceleration is just downright scary.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #514 on: January 12, 2020, 02:36:25 am »
We even got caught whilst in possession 3 times!!

Simply not good enough.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #515 on: January 12, 2020, 03:01:05 am »

All jokes aside, we were quite poor in that second half. I get the feeling the players and Klopp think so too. But it’s not like that’s some tragedy. A Mourinho side away from home is going to make the game awkward at some stage.

Also worth remembering that 1-0 at half time flattered Spurs. We made them look very ordinary.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #516 on: January 12, 2020, 03:14:38 am »
This whole "we had more rest than they did, they've played more games" etc seems to only matter in regards to cumulative fatigue, no? Such as certain players likelier to get injured due to an intense schedule? I say that because you wouldn't have known that we rested our first team last weekend if you watched that second half. And even going back before the new year, Wolves had only 48 hours between games before we played them and we had 24 more hours worth of rest, and they matched us all the way. Spurs put out a full strength line up in the FA Cup while we rested everyone and they didn't look any less tired than we did. If anything we looked leggier in the second half. And unless United pick up an injury or two against Wolves on Wednesday, that extra game they have isn't going to impact their performance one bit come next weekend. They're not going to come to Anfield more "tired" or other such bollocks. Having more time off seems to put us off our groove.
Or did we realise the match was won and began focusing on the next match?
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #517 on: January 12, 2020, 03:17:54 am »
be honest guys, we didn't hv a great game, that Hendo, think too much Salah and below par AA and Robo... everyone like off gear we had over our busy period in Dec....Jose loves to bore us and he nearly did it again, but ugly win is good!..
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #518 on: January 12, 2020, 03:39:26 am »
All jokes aside, we were quite poor in that second half. I get the feeling the players and Klopp think so too. But it’s not like that’s some tragedy. A Mourinho side away from home is going to make the game awkward at some stage.

Also worth remembering that 1-0 at half time flattered Spurs. We made them look very ordinary.

if you check out the postmatch interviews (vid and audio thread have them), the players and manager indeed see that as the case (well, not poor per se, but should've been better), and thank fuck they do

while all are delighted with the three points, cos that's the most important part (for all of us), and various aspects of our play, they know the game should've been put to bed earlier with chances (plus opportunities) missed and that in the later stages mistakes could've been costly and you know that's gonna get looked at by the team come monday

and in that regard it's a good lesson and reminder for all concerned, at least in that regard it's 'useful', VVD's attitude was perfect after the game and one of the reasons he's the player he is, in a CL game stuff like that can be the difference of going thru or getting knocked out and that wont be lost on any of them, esp kloop (i had a chuckle when he went apeshit on the sideline near the end, but it was called for)

lastly, a great quote from klopp's post match presser - to paraphrase - the first thing bobby said to me when i went to give him a hug at the end of the match "i know i should've scored more goals"

that's what you want from your players, tho klopp did add "that's absolutely NOT what i wanted to say.... but it's true"  ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 03:42:25 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: January 12, 2020, 04:35:13 am »
ugly win or pretty win. Thats 3 points the bag..HURRAH!!

this side just did enough to grind it out. But honestly that 2nd half performance was dire. We made spurs look good. Think Mou's plan was to tire us out and hit us late in the game. They almost snatched it. Spurs finishing was as bad as our passing in the 2nd half.

Alisson and Gini were massive. And Sadio did a lot of defensive work. 

Love bobby's goal. That shift of the ball in such tight space just to give him some room and time. Was almost scared that VAR wouldn't allow the goal due to hendo stooping for the ball. Thats how biased the officiating was yesterday.