Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4003331 times)

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #10640 on: December 31, 2010, 02:19:41 am »
To answer Pheeny's question, I'm playing at the Gladstone Libs in Tranmere tomorrow night.
Sponsored by Beck's..   :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally :hally
Have a great night Tel and hope you bring the house down mate :hally
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #10641 on: December 31, 2010, 02:29:53 am »
I packed them in for 4 years once then just started again, it's mad I know, gonna deffo give it another go this year though. Last time I stopped I just gave up but I've tried a few things abd can't seem to do it now. I tried the patches but they was murder to light :)

Have you tried the   presciption tablets   Andy   cant think of the name of them off hand, but they have a good success rate. 
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10642 on: December 31, 2010, 02:51:02 am »

Have you tried the   presciption tablets   Andy   cant think of the name of them off hand, but they have a good success rate. 
You mean Champix or something like that, my mate tried them and they made him feel terrible, always drowsy and nauseous, I'm gonna get the patches and give them a go, try and wean myself off the nicotine. 

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #10643 on: December 31, 2010, 03:01:56 am »
  Yes Andy believe thats what they are called. Think you can get the patches free now i heard on the radio yesturday,, to encourage more people to give up . Good luck with it anyway.
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #10644 on: December 31, 2010, 03:02:54 am »
the horns from the ships - remember standing in me mums back yard many a time to listen to them bringing in the new year - seem less every year - of course being dark and 6 foot they also made me bring  a piece of coal into the house and the neighbours - what the hell is that about?

First footing. A Scottish tradition where a dark haired male (& preferably not a resident of the home) crosses the threshold of the house just as the New Year begins. Meant to bring blessings on the house and occupants. Practised wherever Scots are and,indeed, others first foot as well.
Usual to be a male but sometimes a lady.
If you came to our home you would be greeted with a wee dram of the best single malt. Tis an essential start to a good year.

And if ya whooshed me..... Bliadhna Mhath Ur   (Happy New Year a la Scottish Gaelic) :champ
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #10645 on: December 31, 2010, 03:23:53 am »
If you came to our home you would be greeted with a wee dram of the best single malt. Tis an essential start to a good year.
Right, that's me off to get a bit of 15 yr Laphroig from the kitchen now....  :hally
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 03:25:36 am by ConnieLFC »

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #10646 on: December 31, 2010, 04:09:10 am »
Have a great night Tel and hope you bring the house down mate :hally
Cheers mate. All the very best to you and yours...

I've just watched Once upon a time in America...

What a movie...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:11:50 am by Terry De Niro »

Offline rednose54

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10647 on: December 31, 2010, 06:01:42 am »
Mainly a browser on the boards not intanet savvy enough , so from a browser Happy New Year to all you Aurl Arses, might join in more next year, ALL THE VERY BEST FOR MMX1.

PS, this is the best thread on the boards by a country mile, or our combined ages .
LIVERPOOL FC SHOULD NOT PLAY A GAME OF FOOTBALL ON THE 15TH APRIL.

NOT THIS YEAR OR ANY YEAR.

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10648 on: December 31, 2010, 07:58:58 am »
Right, that's me off to get a bit of 15 yr Laphroig from the kitchen now....  :hally

:champ, a big fav of mine. Slange var!
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #10649 on: December 31, 2010, 09:55:34 am »
The secret is casey have either a power nap or a full blown afternoon one.  I'm way passed my normal bedtime and only been on here late this week because I'm off work.

Only taking the rip I never get to bed til after 1 even when in work the next day.  The other half will defo be asleep before midnight so I will see the new year in on my own.  The kids will probably phone pissed and I'll not be able to hear them cos of the noise in the background. lol
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Pheeny

« Reply #10650 on: December 31, 2010, 10:23:34 am »
Only taking the rip I never get to bed til after 1 even when in work the next day.  The other half will defo be asleep before midnight so I will see the new year in on my own.  The kids will probably phone pissed and I'll not be able to hear them cos of the noise in the background. lol
are you still on the Island casey?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #10651 on: December 31, 2010, 11:32:21 am »
Happy New Year casey. :wave
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #10652 on: December 31, 2010, 11:59:49 am »
Cheers mate. All the very best to you and yours...

I've just watched Once upon a time in America...

What a movie...

Yep one of my favourites too
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10653 on: December 31, 2010, 12:04:06 pm »
Happy New Year to you too...

And a Happy New Year to all the other fellow Auld Arses, hope 2011 is good to all of you and your families.

Thanks Andy and the same to you and yours
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
  • Lifelong Rafa Supporter
« Reply #10654 on: December 31, 2010, 12:10:09 pm »
Hi all, just popped in to wish all and sundry a happy new year and hope that 2011 brings you all you hope for.

Tinternet will probably crash later tonight as everyone will be sending greetings all around the world so thought I would do it now.

A special mention to our absent friend FS who should be welcomed back forthwith, we all miss him!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:14:05 pm by Sweeper »
Cut the Cancer from our club NOW!  Thank you Rafa for your class, dignity, humility...and for being one of us!

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10655 on: December 31, 2010, 01:03:38 pm »
It's arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  2011 has hit Australia!!!!!

A wonderful AND HEALTHY 2011 to all. :champ

A new manager for the dugout would be aces too.

Hurry Back FS!!!!! We miss you  YNWA :wave
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10656 on: December 31, 2010, 01:08:05 pm »
JP   really try if you can.  I never thought i would after so many tries, but  Having had 2 mini strokes and a life saving operation last year i just had to take stock of things.That was  last years resolution . It took me from the January to the March, stopping and starting  but i had my last  cigarrette in March. I smoked nearly 60 a day,  NOT good and im paying the price of that now. So give it JP, you wont be sorry.    This years  resolution is to buy a new home for myself. So heres  hoping /quote]

I really do have to try flw but if I'm honest I dread the thought of it, just wish I'd managed it last New Year

I couldn't get through the day if I was up after 1, I'm usually up between 4 and half past no matter what time I go to bed. 

It must be all the hard work us women do, I'm hoping God will let me come back as a man in my next life  ;)
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #10657 on: December 31, 2010, 01:41:46 pm »
Happy New Year to all you auld  arses, ahhh..... New Year brings back memories  of many brilliant parties! It was always a big night in our house  loads of food, ale and good music together with a great group of people who were determined to enjoy themselves and party on until dawn. I can remember staggering into the match on New Years Day and wishing the guys who sat around me all the best, and watching then recoil from the punget ordour of alcohol, barbecued ribs and the garlic breath from the bowl of tahini sauce that I had drunk at about 5 o'clock that morning, when I realised there was no greek bread left to dip in it.
We used to get all kinds calling in our house as other parties ended, ours would still be going,  it would not be uncommon for a couple a fire engines to turn up if my brother in law was working that shift, he would end up bringing all the lads in for a bevvie and some scoff.There would always be singing and dancing and more often than not someone would bash a tune out on a guitar, happy days indeed!
A bit quiter for me tonight, just a couple of friends coming around with their kids, I can promise them the full scouse treatment though, loads of ale, food, music and good humour. As for the live music tradition, my lad who is 15, and in a rock band is getting together with one of his mates, and they are  going to bash a few tunes out on their ukeleles! an instrument which seems to be quite popular up here in the wilds of north Lancashire at the moment! I can't wait!
Happy New Year and new manager!
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Pheeny

« Reply #10658 on: December 31, 2010, 04:12:07 pm »
and welcome back FS.

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10659 on: December 31, 2010, 04:16:38 pm »
and welcome back FS.
Is he back then Tony, I've spoke to him today and was hoping, I know he wants to wish everyone in here all the best. Be great if he can.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10660 on: December 31, 2010, 04:17:46 pm »
Happy New Year to all you auld  arses, ahhh..... New Year brings back memories  of many brilliant parties! It was always a big night in our house  loads of food, ale and good music together with a great group of people who were determined to enjoy themselves and party on until dawn. I can remember staggering into the match on New Years Day and wishing the guys who sat around me all the best, and watching then recoil from the punget ordour of alcohol, barbecued ribs and the garlic breath from the bowl of tahini sauce that I had drunk at about 5 o'clock that morning, when I realised there was no greek bread left to dip in it.
We used to get all kinds calling in our house as other parties ended, ours would still be going,  it would not be uncommon for a couple a fire engines to turn up if my brother in law was working that shift, he would end up bringing all the lads in for a bevvie and some scoff.There would always be singing and dancing and more often than not someone would bash a tune out on a guitar, happy days indeed!
A bit quiter for me tonight, just a couple of friends coming around with their kids, I can promise them the full scouse treatment though, loads of ale, food, music and good humour. As for the live music tradition, my lad who is 15, and in a rock band is getting together with one of his mates, and they are  going to bash a few tunes out on their ukeleles! an instrument which seems to be quite popular up here in the wilds of north Lancashire at the moment! I can't wait!
Happy New Year and new manager!

We used to spend New Year's Eve in the Boys Club in Woolton village.  My father-in-law hired it every year for family and friends and everyone would take their own food and drink and kids and have a whale of a time. 

We even had a disco and as usual at family Do's the one relative who had to dance as though he was Monty Python, he'd usually end up on the floor. 

Great nights they were, great laugh, with family and best of all you could take the kids. 

Miss them now but whether that's because of the party itself or because sadly a lot of the people are no longer with us.

Have a good one Pooley
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10661 on: December 31, 2010, 04:18:28 pm »
and welcome back FS.

Thank you Tony (I remembered)

Pheeny

« Reply #10662 on: December 31, 2010, 04:19:58 pm »
Thank you Tony (I remembered)
it was not my decision,it was Jon Hall's.I'm just the messenger. 

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10663 on: December 31, 2010, 04:21:17 pm »
it was not my decision,it was Jon Hall's.I'm just the messenger. 

Thanks Jon

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10664 on: December 31, 2010, 04:21:45 pm »
and welcome back FS.

Great news, makes me feel better and has restored my faith in certain mods   ;D   :wave

Well now I can wish you all a very happy, very prosperous and a very healthy 2011.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10665 on: December 31, 2010, 04:24:33 pm »
Great news, makes me feel better and has restored my faith in certain mods   ;D   :wave

Well now I can wish you all a very happy, very prosperous and a very healthy 2011.

Happy New Year to you too Vic  :-*  :-*

Offline Kirkby Town

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10666 on: December 31, 2010, 04:27:14 pm »
Happy new year all, got to go busy day up here.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #10667 on: December 31, 2010, 04:27:23 pm »
and welcome back FS.

Hurray..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YmnY18btB54&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YmnY18btB54&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Pheeny

« Reply #10668 on: December 31, 2010, 04:28:40 pm »

what's it like in Spain for the New Year Vic? As you know Belgians go far over the top...

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10669 on: December 31, 2010, 04:32:02 pm »
Alright
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz7IjXu0DfQ

All the best. I'm just going to put me big earting kecks on... having a nice pint of port and lemo, and a rather large lamb shank dinner. But if I'm not binned again, I'll be back on later.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:35:51 pm by Pheeny »
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10670 on: December 31, 2010, 04:36:10 pm »
Alright

All the best. I'm just going to put me big earting kecks on... having a nice pint of port and lemo, and a rather large lamb shank dinner. But if I'm not binned again, I'll be back on later.
Ha ha, welcome back and all the best mate.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10671 on: December 31, 2010, 04:37:05 pm »
Alright

Nice to see ya, to see ya ................. brilliant.

Do the dishes in extra quick time Fats and get back in here, we've missed ya

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10672 on: December 31, 2010, 04:39:16 pm »
Alright

Welcomr back big fella hope you and the gang have a great 2011, best wishes to all

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #10673 on: December 31, 2010, 04:43:12 pm »

Happy New Year FS - all the very best to you and yours

Supporting you in the interests of free speech got me banned too! Have to say I was a little shocked but hey!

Keep the RED Faith!

Pheeny

« Reply #10674 on: December 31, 2010, 04:44:40 pm »

Happy New Year FS - all the very best to you and yours

Supporting you in the interests of free speech got me banned too! Have to say I was a little shocked but hey!

Keep the RED Faith!
free speech can be taken too far.But that's for another thread.

royhendo

« Reply #10675 on: December 31, 2010, 05:12:55 pm »
Return of the Red-i. ;D

Nice to see you, to see you nice!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 05:14:11 pm by Pheeny »

Pheeny

« Reply #10676 on: December 31, 2010, 05:14:31 pm »
can we all give it a rest. ;)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #10677 on: December 31, 2010, 05:25:40 pm »
In the words of the ould Irish blessing "May God bless and keep safe all in this house."

Let's be good to each other folks.....Tarra and all who are bothering with it, have a great first-footing for 2011. :wave :scarf
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #10678 on: December 31, 2010, 05:28:19 pm »
Welcome back spherical one. Happy new year and I hope you make a New Year's resolution to tow the party line and do things the Liverpool way by backing the manager and giving him a fair chance.

PS Watch out Pheeny's about.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #10679 on: December 31, 2010, 05:28:43 pm »
Alright

Happy new year FS. Enjoy the pints.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.