Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2491796 times)

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #5560 on: August 10, 2020, 10:16:57 am »
Tsimikas looks really good. I Was seeing the Wolves game in Europa the other day. I thought we were signing Lewis then, but was genuinely impressed by the guy. His defending against Adama Traore was top notch, and one of his runs was absolutely brilliant which ended in a shot on target which was brilliantly saved by Rui Patricio.
I have to say, he is defensively very strong, and could handle Traore's physicality and pace 6 or 7 times in 1v1 very well. He was rapid as well.
Have to say, Robertson has good competition on hand after having old man Milner as nearest rival.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5561 on: August 10, 2020, 10:22:31 am »
Anyone think it’s a bit mad that according to Kevin Palmer we’ve told Tsmikas that he was our first choice all along? Admittedly I know little of transfer tactics, so maybe I’m missing something, but surely the player can see that we’ve, very recently had a 10 million bid rejected for a player in his position and have subsequently moved on?

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5562 on: August 10, 2020, 10:24:26 am »
Anyone think it’s a bit mad that according to Kevin Palmer we’ve told Tsmikas that he was our first choice all along? Admittedly I know little of transfer tactics, so maybe I’m missing something, but surely the player can see that we’ve, very recently had a 10 million bid rejected for a player in his position and have subsequently moved on?
The word is that we bid for Tsimikas first. When his club was slow to negotiate, we bid for Lewis very publicly. That brought Olympiakos to the negotiating table.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5563 on: August 10, 2020, 10:26:20 am »
The word is that we bid for Tsimikas first. When his club was slow to negotiate, we bid for Lewis very publicly. That brought Olympiakos to the negotiating table.
The crafty buggers  8) ;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5564 on: August 10, 2020, 10:28:34 am »
Depends on Brewster I think

Origi might want 1st team football. He would get in to many PL sides.  Villa, Leeds and Wolves interested.

As things stand at the moment, Origi is our 4th attacking option. That means a lot of playing time at one of the best clubs in the World. Origi doesn't seem unhappy with his role at LFC. Lets not forget that he has rejected a move to the Wolves before.

Like I said above, I can only see Origi going if we sign another 4th attacking option (the original idea with Werner). If that doesn't happen, I am pretty sure that Origi will stay.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5565 on: August 10, 2020, 10:29:08 am »

Think it’s mad than anyone would take Kevin Palmer seriously.

The first choice/smokescreen stuff is all a bit overblown. We’ve gone for the cheapest option, which isn’t a criticism. We had a small list of players whose profile and attributes all matched what we wanted in a back up LB and went for the deal that best represented value for money.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5566 on: August 10, 2020, 10:29:36 am »

Michael Edwards can sell snow to the Eskimos.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5567 on: August 10, 2020, 10:32:54 am »
Michael Edwards can sell snow to the Eskimos.

And he would have a cast iron 20% sell on fee which would include melting as a transfer!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5568 on: August 10, 2020, 10:36:48 am »
That video shows that if Olympiakos and his other clubs had some quality forwards then this lad would be up to 20 assists - his crossing is really good. Looks quick too, especially from a standing start.

He actually looks like Robbo. Maybe not quite as strong but better dribbling. EIther way he looks good, but it is youtube.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5569 on: August 10, 2020, 10:38:12 am »

Some reports say we bid for this guy first, which was rejected, then went after Lewis.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5570 on: August 10, 2020, 10:38:20 am »
And he would have a cast iron 20% sell on fee which would include melting as a transfer!

As one would mate. Then he would jump on a private plane to the Sahara to meet the desert folks and negotiate a sand fee.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5571 on: August 10, 2020, 10:39:12 am »
James Pearce has a story in the Athletic today on our transfer plans. Nothing new really but to sum up:

Ben White has been extensively scouted, fits the club’s target profile and is highly regarded by Klopp who feels there’s a lack of top CBs available. But points out Brighton are reluctant to sell and have already turned down £22m from Leeds. Piece says Aissa Mandi is cheaper and more realistic.

Anfield sources playing down Thiago talk and say we’re satisfied with midfield options.

And mentions the need to cover the front three having walked away from Werner. Says Ismaila Sarr is on the radar and Klopp was impressed by him in the 3-0 against us.

So, Pearce has confirmed our interest in Mandi. Interesting development, since the local press in Seville have already reported last week that we've made a bid for him, but Betis want a couple of million more. We could see some progress at this front in the coming days.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:11:41 am by PeterTheRed »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5572 on: August 10, 2020, 10:40:02 am »
A couple of months ago, it seemed doubtful we'd do business at all. Then the line became we may do business, but if we do it'll be late in the window. Now we've spent £12m on a back-up LB and the players aren't even back for pre-season.

That's really encouraging to me, and suggests there's a bit more confidence at the club than there was in May and June. I'd be prioritising an attacker, but hopefully we can also get a CB. Thiago would be lovely too but I'm not expecting it.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5573 on: August 10, 2020, 10:43:38 am »
A couple of months ago, it seemed doubtful we'd do business at all. Then the line became we may do business, but if we do it'll be late in the window. Now we've spent £12m on a back-up LB and the players aren't even back for pre-season.

That's really encouraging to me, and suggests there's a bit more confidence at the club than there was in May and June. I'd be prioritising an attacker, but hopefully we can also get a CB. Thiago would be lovely too but I'm not expecting it.

I think we'll spend money only if we sell, that's my guess.

Lovren gone £11m now £11m spend of Tsimikas.

Origi, Shaqiri, Wilson, Grujic, Phillips, Ojo, and few others could yet still be sold. Could be talking £75m to bring in there. If we have to get another Klavan type as 4th choice cb then so be it. I think back up forward is the most important. 

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5574 on: August 10, 2020, 10:44:33 am »
Can we call him "The Greek Freak"?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5575 on: August 10, 2020, 10:46:26 am »

If this turns out to be a sell-to-buy summer, I will be fine with that, considering the situation. So far, we have sold Lovren, and signed Tsimikas for roughly the same amount. The next step would be to find buyers for our fringe players (Shaqiri, Wilson, Grujic, Karius and a few more), and we will very likely sign a new backup central defender and a new backup forward.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5576 on: August 10, 2020, 11:12:26 am »
In other LB news, Sheffield United getting Antonee Robinson from Wigan for just £2m. Really intrigued by him, came up the youth ranks at Everton and starts for the US national team.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #5577 on: August 10, 2020, 11:16:46 am »
Have we signed Thiago yet? And if not, why not?
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #5578 on: August 10, 2020, 11:17:35 am »

Just look at the news coming out of Juve, there are top teams in real trouble. My hope is we chose not to buy Werner due to the change in dates for the Afcon next year and the possibility of a fire sale at a number of distressed clubs.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #5579 on: August 10, 2020, 11:19:23 am »
Have we signed Thiago yet? And if not, why not?

Still playing in Champions league and starting id imagine any deal to sign Thiago will be after the champions league or when Bayern get knocked out.

Id imagine we would need to wait a few more weeks if we singing him as Bayern will win the champions league .

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #5580 on: August 10, 2020, 11:25:33 am »
In other LB news, Sheffield United getting Antonee Robinson from Wigan for just £2m. Really intrigued by him, came up the youth ranks at Everton and starts for the US national team.

Moneyball move by them. Looks to be a significant drop in price. Milan were rumoured to be paying around €12m

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5581 on: August 10, 2020, 11:25:58 am »
I think we'll spend money only if we sell, that's my guess.

Lovren gone £11m now £11m spend of Tsimikas.

Origi, Shaqiri, Wilson, Grujic, Phillips, Ojo, and few others could yet still be sold. Could be talking £75m to bring in there. If we have to get another Klavan type as 4th choice cb then so be it. I think back up forward is the most important. 

I'm not so sure we'll get more than 50 for those in total. Should still be enough for a backup CB and forward
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5582 on: August 10, 2020, 11:33:07 am »
Moneyball move by them. Looks to be a significant drop in price. Milan were rumoured to be paying around €12m

Relegation release clause apparently. And them being in administration probably didn't help.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5583 on: August 10, 2020, 11:36:40 am »
I'm not so sure we'll get more than 50 for those in total. Should still be enough for a backup CB and forward

Well i really doubt we're going to accept less (if they are to be sold) than £15m for any of Grujic, Wilson, Shaqiri or Origi mate and that's £60m.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #5584 on: August 10, 2020, 11:42:18 am »
Well i really doubt we're going to accept less (if they are to be sold) than £15m for any of Grujic, Wilson, Shaqiri or Origi mate and that's £60m.
Don't forget to subtract agent commission

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #5585 on: August 10, 2020, 11:43:20 am »
So, Pearce has confirmed our interest in Mandi. Interesting development, since the local press in Seville have already reported last week that we've made a bid for him, but Betis want a couple of million more. We could see some progress at this front in the coming days.

I’m not sure he did really, the article in question was a part of the “sensible transfers” series The Athletic are running where they talk about moves the club should make. Here’s what was written.

Signing a centre-back is also a necessity this summer following the £10.9 million sale of Dejan Lovren to Zenit St Petersburg.....  Financial constraints mean that Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly and Diego Carlos of Sevilla are out of the question. Real Betis’s Aissa Mandi would be a cheaper, and more realistic, option.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5586 on: August 10, 2020, 11:46:58 am »
Don't forget to subtract agent commission

Already have. I mean pretty sure Pearce said we'd want over £20m for Wilson even after Covid. Origi won't be sold for less than £20m either. Long gone are the times we sell for pittance.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5587 on: August 10, 2020, 11:47:38 am »
I’m not sure he did really, the article in question was a part of the “sensible transfers” series The Athletic are running where they talk about moves the club should make. Here’s what was written.

Well, that is pretty much a confirmation, mentioning the player by name, and discussing his price and availability.

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #5588 on: August 10, 2020, 11:51:56 am »
Won’t pretend to be an expert on Tsimikas but I did watch a bit of the Europa League game and he looked like a Robertson clone sometimes. Gets forward a lot. Put in a beauty of a cross late on which deserved a goal. Another tidy bit of business by Edwards and co.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5589 on: August 10, 2020, 11:56:50 am »
I’d rather us go with the ‘Fabinho at CB in an emergency’ option rather than sign a player like Mandi.

If Klopp thinks there is a dearth of top-class CBs available, I hope we look at players who have the potential to reach that level at Liverpool. Ben White would be great but there will be cheaper options out there if we think he’s too expensive.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #5590 on: August 10, 2020, 12:03:25 pm »
Is Grujic in the long term plans at all? If no, why not?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5591 on: August 10, 2020, 12:05:35 pm »

He isn’t going to displace anyone in this midfield - even as a sub. And I wouldn’t be surprised if we are ok with turning a decent profit on him (5m purchase).

We have Jones who has shown he deserves a spot there as well.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5592 on: August 10, 2020, 12:06:40 pm »

I can’t see him being.

Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Wijnaldum, Ox, Jones, Milner is the reason for why not. Yes, Milner and Gini if he doesn’t sign a new deal may not be long term options, but it’s still a tough group to get ahead of!

He’s 24, I think the club said through the journos they use that there wont be another loan, it is likely time for a permanent move away if they get the right offer.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5593 on: August 10, 2020, 12:11:13 pm »
I wish Wolves were shit and we could've had Coady back

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5594 on: August 10, 2020, 12:12:28 pm »
I wish Wolves were shit and we could've had Coady back

I don't think he can play centre-back in a two to be honest, he'd play the holding midfield role for us. He's basically Wolves' sweeper who rarely needs to tackle or head the ball.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #5595 on: August 10, 2020, 12:13:21 pm »
Having watched a lot of the Bundesliga and a decent amount of Hertha (who were having a disastrous season but after Klinsmann left really started to improve rapidly) I’d say that he’s possibly too slow, simply put to play in our midfield. Don’t get me wrong, none of our current midfielders are speed demons but Grujic can lumber at times and can be quite static and reactive.

I certainly think it would take a complete rewiring of his instincts to turn him into part of a pressing unit. He also displays some very poor decision making at times, with pass selection, when to shoot etc. Don’t get me wrong he’s improved a lot from last season to now, but it’s still not enough. Seems to fancy himself as an 8 but is better as a 6 and I wouldn’t give him any of Hendo or Fabinho’s minutes.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #5596 on: August 10, 2020, 12:13:42 pm »
I can’t see him being.

Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Wijnaldum, Ox, Jones, Milner is the reason for why not. Yes, Milner and Gini if he doesn’t sign a new deal may not be long term options, but it’s still a tough group to get ahead of!

He’s 24, I think the club said through the journos they use that there wont be another loan, it is likely time for a permanent move away if they get the right offer.

Ie, he is not good enough compared with the above mentioned...

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5597 on: August 10, 2020, 12:13:43 pm »
So with the money we got for Lovren we're probably signing a backup LB with half the wage of lovren. Time to sign a 4th choice CB on a free with the other half of the wage now.

£11.75m fee, £50k per week, 4 year contract, 20% sell-on clause according to the Guardian.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5598 on: August 10, 2020, 12:13:55 pm »
And even if we did play with a three, he'd hardly get a game as it would a three of Virgil, Joe and Joel.  ;D

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5599 on: August 10, 2020, 12:14:36 pm »
I don't think he can play centre-back in a two to be honest, he'd play the holding midfield role for us. He's basically Wolves' sweeper who rarely needs to tackle or head the ball.

Think he'd be okay playing in a two if the other's Big Virg :D