Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2491796 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #2640 on: August 1, 2020, 04:58:52 pm »
https://www.fosonline.gr/medianews/article/103366/efimerides-ta-athlitika-protoselida-toy-savvatoy-1-aygoystoy

Liverpool are interested in bringing Olympiacos left-back Konstantinos Tsimikas. Klopp has drawn up four choices to sign at left-back and the 24-year old Greek fullback is the third on his wishlist. #LFC are fully aware of their competition - Leicester & Napoli.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2642 on: August 1, 2020, 05:08:44 pm »
If anyone happens to speak/understand Greek, does this article mention who are first and second on the wishlist?
« Last Edit: August 1, 2020, 05:18:08 pm by Oskar »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2643 on: August 1, 2020, 05:22:26 pm »
If anyone happens to speak/understand Greek, does this article mention who are first and second on the wishlist?

I tried to have a read of it as well but it's all Greek to me.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2644 on: August 1, 2020, 05:34:27 pm »
I see what you are saying

What gets you to the top, usually isn't what keeps you at the top

I'm sure Wenger thought in 2004 that he could keep raiding the French market for cheap, top talent,as that had worked for him so far.

I'm sure those around him felt that Arsenal were better at integrating these players into their set up, until it stopped working.  Arsenal's drop off didn't have much to do with their new stadium IMO, even before they moved they weren't big spenders and sold top players(petitt, anelka, overmars) and  relied on what had worked for them, up until it stopped working

Hopefully we don't repeat their mistakes. Some of the things that have worked for us need to be adapted for where we are now

This is it for me. The only thing I would add with Arsenal and Wenger is that it wasn’t just his knowledge of the French league and ability to find bargain, he was also way ahead of the others at the time in terms of sports science and nutrition for example, but again once everyone knew about it and it was pretty easy to copy they lost that competitive advantage.

The bit that worries me in the comparison with Arsenal is that although as bad or dogmatic as Wenger is that we have spent big occasionally but only after selling big, and it would be nice to buy a genuinely special player without having to lose one first.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2020, 05:37:27 pm by west_london_red »
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2645 on: August 1, 2020, 05:43:00 pm »
[emoji23]

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2646 on: August 1, 2020, 05:44:55 pm »
This is it for me. The only thing I would add with Arsenal and Wenger is that it wasn’t just his knowledge of the French league and ability to find bargain, he was also way ahead of the others at the time in terms of sports science and nutrition for example, but again once everyone knew about it and it was pretty easy to copy they lost that competitive advantage.

The bit that worries me in the comparison with Arsenal is that although as bad or dogmatic as Wenger is that we have spent big occasionally but only after selling big, and it would be nice to buy a genuinely special player without having to lose one first.

17/18 and 18/19 we spent £320 million and recouped just over £200 million. And we lost...Coutinho, whilst we got VVD, Salah, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho, Ox and Shaq amongst others
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2647 on: August 1, 2020, 05:48:14 pm »
Cool

You said Nike played a significant role in the Mbappe deal?

Yes, read the article.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2648 on: August 1, 2020, 05:56:25 pm »
Yes, read the article.

Which part says Nike played a significant part in the transfer?

You can quote it please :) I’m a bit too dense to notice it
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2649 on: August 1, 2020, 05:57:06 pm »
Ahhh perfect ;D

I don’t think our scouts have ever been a lot better than everyone else’s, but our whole team have been better at identifying, signing and integrating those players into the team. I don’t think that will particularly change. A Salah or a Mane will cost more anyway purely for how transfer fees have increased.

I agree. People seem to just forget that the whole of our front 3 were signed prior to the Neymar transfer, which sent prices crazy. I think Salah was the same summer, but just before. If we'd tried to sign Salah after the Neymar one, I think we'd have been looking at £60m

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2650 on: August 1, 2020, 06:00:08 pm »

I just got a bunch of Trojans

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2651 on: August 1, 2020, 06:02:44 pm »
PSG for Thiago?

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: August 1, 2020, 06:03:45 pm »
1. Georgios Baklava
2. Stephanos Souvlaki
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2653 on: August 1, 2020, 06:06:41 pm »
I just got a bunch of Trojans

We definitely need another leftback next season though. If Robertson is out for any significant period of time, a lack of cover could prove to be our Achilles Heel.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2654 on: August 1, 2020, 06:13:20 pm »
We definitely need another leftback next season though. If Robertson is out for any significant period of time, a lack of cover could prove to be our Achilles Heel.

Our options are Spartan for sure

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2655 on: August 1, 2020, 06:13:22 pm »
Which part says Nike played a significant part in the transfer?

You can quote it please :) I’m a bit too dense to notice it

You are not dense, just lazy ...

Kylian Mbappé’s involvement with Nike goes back to when he was just 13-years-old. Just before his initial “loan move” from Monaco to PSG in the summer of 2017, Mbappe announced that he would be sticking with Nike despite a rumor that Adidas was looking to lure the young French forward away.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2656 on: August 1, 2020, 06:13:54 pm »
1. Georgios Baklava
2. Stephanos Souvlaki

Socrates ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2657 on: August 1, 2020, 06:16:59 pm »
You are not dense, just lazy ...

I don’t mind deleting my posts if you maybe post a different article, after you’ve had a chance to actually find something?

Because what you’ve posted there literally just says ‘Mbappe has been sponsored by Nike for a number of years’

If you don’t know, it’s not a problem. Or if you were just guessing. But there’s nothing in that whatsoever saying Nike played a significant role in that transfer happening.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2658 on: August 1, 2020, 06:18:19 pm »
Our options are Spartan for sure

Certainly. The deal makes sense when you think about how we're now sponsored by Nike.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2659 on: August 1, 2020, 06:20:42 pm »
We could get one at Argos..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2660 on: August 1, 2020, 06:22:56 pm »
I don’t mind deleting my posts if you maybe post a different article, after you’ve had a chance to actually find something?

Because what you’ve posted there literally just says ‘Mbappe has been sponsored by Nike for a number of years’

If you don’t know, it’s not a problem. Or if you were just guessing. But there’s nothing in that whatsoever saying Nike played a significant role in that transfer happening.

Well, it seems that you are dense, after all ..

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2662 on: August 1, 2020, 06:27:20 pm »

You made a mistake mate, it happens. Don’t be down about it, like I said I don’t mind deleting those posts if you’ve got a better article that actually says PSG signed Mbappe because of Nike?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2663 on: August 1, 2020, 06:29:56 pm »

even if it is true (and it could be, I don’t have the slightest interest in PSG and French football) - nothing in that article backs what you said mind, not that it matters, if anyone think Jürgen Klopp will allow a kit maker to have a say in transfers here, then I have no idea what to say to those people!

« Reply #2664 on: August 1, 2020, 06:30:16 pm »
Sell him to Rangers for 5m.

I thought he had all the tools - but he hasn’t made the next step at all.
I'd sell to anyone for 2m

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2665 on: August 1, 2020, 06:30:51 pm »
We have to sign him just for the chaos of pronouncing his name.

Constantly See Me Kiss

Sorted...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2666 on: August 1, 2020, 06:31:22 pm »
You made a mistake mate, it happens. Don’t be down about it, like I said I don’t mind deleting those posts if you’ve got a better article that actually says PSG signed Mbappe because of Nike?

I'll try distracting everyone by posting this again...

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2667 on: August 1, 2020, 06:36:11 pm »
I’d start getting excited guys! I’ve just been told that Mbappe is happening this summer!

This article on RAWK proves it, the alcohol company Mbappe have played a significant role in the deal

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345734.2640

I'll try distracting everyone by posting this again...

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2668 on: August 1, 2020, 06:37:45 pm »
Socrates ?
I'd prefer Achilles. Dominant in every phase of the game. remarkably durable too - hasn't missed a match in ages, practically indestructible. Would cost a triremeload of drachmas though.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2669 on: August 1, 2020, 06:41:00 pm »
MacRed at it again.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2670 on: August 1, 2020, 06:54:51 pm »
I'd prefer Achilles. Dominant in every phase of the game. remarkably durable too - hasn't missed a match in ages, practically indestructible. Would cost a triremeload of drachmas though.

But does he have the footballing brain of Socrates ? Greek iniesta
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2671 on: August 1, 2020, 06:55:30 pm »
Hector would be my man though lads.

Offline jc2002

• Main Stander
« Reply #2672 on: August 1, 2020, 06:56:22 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E_8EjoxY7Q

I thought based on shirt numbers that it was Aristotle but apparently he was playing sweeper.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2673 on: August 1, 2020, 06:56:39 pm »
Hector would be my man though lads.
This isn’t 2017 is it?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2674 on: August 1, 2020, 07:10:40 pm »
Aubameyang for a couple of seasons would be bucket loads of fun.

*comes back down to earth*

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2675 on: August 1, 2020, 07:19:34 pm »

Being schooled by Peter the Red... ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2676 on: August 1, 2020, 07:25:55 pm »
Being schooled by Peter the Red... ;D

Ahhh just the man for the job! You must have some genius ITK info about Nike pushing the Mbappe deal? I know you’ve not just been spending your time bigging up useless fat Scots and slaughtering our youngsters.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2677 on: August 1, 2020, 07:31:06 pm »
Ahhh just the man for the job! You must have some genius ITK info about Nike pushing the Mbappe deal? I know you’ve not just been spending your time bigging up useless fat Scots and slaughtering our youngsters.
Are you referring to carry on up the Khyber
W

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2678 on: August 1, 2020, 07:54:58 pm »
Just been having a look at the new kit, if I end up spending £250 on buying a kit for myself and my two small children and then hear Klopp or anyone else at the club tell me we don’t have any money to spend I’m going to put my foot through the fucking TV!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2679 on: August 1, 2020, 08:47:35 pm »
Just been having a look at the new kit, if I end up spending £250 on buying a kit for myself and my two small children and then hear Klopp or anyone else at the club tell me we don’t have any money to spend I’m going to put my foot through the fucking TV!

to be fair - £250 doesn't get you many good players these days.