Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2766944 times)

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #61920 on: November 11, 2021, 09:26:17 pm »
Rams are going all in, it seems!
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #61921 on: November 11, 2021, 09:58:08 pm »
Super Bowl title or bust

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61922 on: November 11, 2021, 10:08:39 pm »
Rodgers should have been suspended for at least 1 game, with Packers docked either a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, it's that Rodgers mislead everyone on his vaccine status, if he'd just said he has an allergy to one of the ingredients in the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines & wasn't sure of the other one because of side affects, then everyone would have been ok with it, just man up.
They couldnt suspend him they fine him what as agreed on by the NFLPA and NFL for violations and it the first time of it. It in the ESPN story.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32593729/green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-allen-lazard-fined-covid-19-protocol-violations-source-says

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61923 on: November 11, 2021, 10:36:22 pm »
the rams doing what the rams (recently) do.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #61924 on: November 12, 2021, 06:49:03 am »
One of the first dolphins games I've not watched in YEARS :lmao

Makes it even worse, was going to go either to NY for the jets game next week or last night's game in 28 degree Miami.

We chose poorly.

What is going on in the AFC last few weeks
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61925 on: November 12, 2021, 08:04:44 am »
Titans going to take number 1 spot for AFC but after that it is wide open. Bills & Chiefs have a 'tougher than most' schedule to see out the regular season.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #61926 on: November 12, 2021, 08:26:04 am »
Another completely normal and expected result I see.  ;D

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61927 on: November 12, 2021, 08:53:17 am »
Again, who is actually good in the AFC? They all seem to be beating each other up.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #61928 on: November 12, 2021, 09:17:32 am »
Titans going to take number 1 spot for AFC but after that it is wide open. Bills & Chiefs have a 'tougher than most' schedule to see out the regular season.

Thought the Bills had the easiest schedule in AFC based on records? Although with recent results, it really doesn’t matter ha.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #61929 on: November 12, 2021, 09:54:17 am »
Bad games happen. They have stud QB and very good offense. Defense is average enough.
They didn't have Smith vs Denver.
Biggest issue is McCarthy game management.

Some interesting takes on that game from "Dak just played his worst ever game" to "everything that the Broncos did just happened to work when it didn't vs other teams". I think the defense is getting shown up, it's not as good as it could be and the take-aways of the first weeks were hiding a lot of deficiencies. If the offense has an off day, you can lose to average teams, and that's where the Cowboys are really: average unless the offense can outplay the opponent.

As a fan, it was a very frustrating game to watch. I mean, nothing clicked. Hell, even Cooper dropped a pass! When was the last time that happened?!

They need to get organised quickly because the schedule is Falcons, Chiefs, Raiders, Saints.... All potentially winnable but all potentially losable too.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61930 on: November 12, 2021, 10:05:34 am »
Some interesting takes on that game from "Dak just played his worst ever game" to "everything that the Broncos did just happened to work when it didn't vs other teams". I think the defense is getting shown up, it's not as good as it could be and the take-aways of the first weeks were hiding a lot of deficiencies. If the offense has an off day, you can lose to average teams, and that's where the Cowboys are really: average unless the offense can outplay the opponent.

As a fan, it was a very frustrating game to watch. I mean, nothing clicked. Hell, even Cooper dropped a pass! When was the last time that happened?!

They need to get organised quickly because the schedule is Falcons, Chiefs, Raiders, Saints.... All potentially winnable but all potentially losable too.
No Smith didnt help. Bad Games happen. Defense just in general needs be average to win a super bowl. Elite passing offense overall is more important which Dallas has

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61931 on: November 12, 2021, 09:52:40 pm »
Gruden suing the NFL and Goodell personally claiming that he was "forced to resign".
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #61932 on: November 12, 2021, 09:54:16 pm »
Gruden suing the NFL and Goodell personally claiming that he was "forced to resign".

They'll never get to the discovery phase and this will be settled with Gruden's great, great, great, great, great, great grandkid never having to work a day in their life.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61933 on: November 13, 2021, 08:23:06 am »
Raiders owner Mark Davis attends funeral for Tina Tintor, the victim of Henry Ruggs fatal car crash.

It's easy to take the piss out of him for quite a few reasons, but Davis does actually seem alright at a human level.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61934 on: November 13, 2021, 10:19:41 am »
From that standpoint Voodoo, and from his social justice awareness and aspects outside of football he is very much his own man. By all reports, the way he treats employees and staff is far different from his dad. I read how growing up, his dad used to humiliate him in front of the organization, and I guess he grew up sensitive and aware to others as a result.

As you'd expect with his family's wealth he is well versed and business educated, and so he is aware and sensitive enough.

I loved his 1st press conference when he was so candid and open, saying "The one thing I know about football, is what I don't know about football". It was so refreshing to hear someone hold their hands up and admit hey, I can help with the business side and running of the franchise, but don't tell me who to hire and what personnel to choose. So he consulted football people and appointed football people in McKenzie and then Del Rio to run the place.

My dismay came with his knee jerk after that Washington game. Took a page right out of his dad's senile methods in his latter years, tore up the roadmap and gave one of the dumbest NFL coaching contracts ever to someone purely out of some nostalgic/romantic notion of the past. Effectively giving them full GM/coaching control.

That's when he lost me, and all the shitshow that followed after from that clown and Mayock's drafting to personnel hirings like Guenther as DC, getting all the passenger vets and throwing money at them like Incognito, Jordy Nelson, and then seeing very little in return. People coming in and using the franchise like an ATM.

Just like old times. Just bin, baby  :wave

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61935 on: November 13, 2021, 07:48:40 pm »
Rams WR Robert Woods out for the season with ACL.
#Sausages

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61936 on: November 13, 2021, 10:40:31 pm »
Rams WR Robert Woods out for the season with ACL.
Big Loss for them.  He does so much for them. Beckham is a different type of WR

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #61937 on: November 14, 2021, 07:53:36 pm »
Did i hear that wrong? Hanson got the feels about not banging a newly married wife?

Tht he was gonna say : "he missed 8 months..... cos he got his leg blown off"

But was like "he missed 8 months..... and im gonna get emoitional, cudnt bang his new wife for that time"

;D
YNWA

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #61938 on: November 14, 2021, 08:06:16 pm »
Pats surprising me  ;D

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #61939 on: November 14, 2021, 08:48:57 pm »
 Turned over from the Pats’ game as it was over as a contest and missed Jakobi Meyers’ first career TD catch... :no
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #61940 on: November 14, 2021, 08:55:11 pm »
I needed 8 points in the 2nd half of the Cowboys game for a 12 fold bet to come in….. feel sick.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61941 on: November 14, 2021, 08:55:57 pm »
Pats surprising me  ;D

as someone who's seen none of their games except what's been on RZ, it doesn't seem a surprise that a team with that many changes in the summer and a rookie QB would take some time to get it together.

they seem like a good team now.

and in surprise result news, not sure anyone had the football team beating the bucs.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61942 on: November 14, 2021, 09:25:59 pm »
newton's had a decent first game back so far. 2 plays, 1 rush TD and 1 pass TD.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #61943 on: November 15, 2021, 12:27:56 am »
The Seahawks are in a bad way. First shutout in a decade and they never looked like getting near, even with Wilson back. On for finishing below 2nd in the division for the first time in a decade and maybe bottom for the first time since 2000.

The Carroll era over?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61944 on: November 15, 2021, 10:06:21 am »
I'm amazed more isn't being made about Trevor Lawrence looking like a huge bust so far. Is he being given a pass because it's the Jags and Meyer. Surely they aren't going to break him right?

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61945 on: November 15, 2021, 10:07:27 am »
I'm amazed more isn't being made about Trevor Lawrence looking like a huge bust so far. Is he being given a pass because it's the Jags and Meyer. Surely they aren't going to break him right?

he's a rookie on a shit team with barely any talent.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #61946 on: November 15, 2021, 10:17:11 am »
The Seahawks are in a bad way. First shutout in a decade and they never looked like getting near, even with Wilson back. On for finishing below 2nd in the division for the first time in a decade and maybe bottom for the first time since 2000.

The Carroll era over?
Wilson was poor last night, he didn't look ready to return and admittedly made some bad decisions with the ball. During his absence, they relied on the run game too much, even when it wasn't working and it wasn't suitable for the defences they were up against. Smith did... okay whilst Wilson was out but clearly wasn't going to keep them near the same levels, aside from beating the Jags in Seattle, he didn't really show all that much.

Metcalf and Lockett to me are two excellent receivers, but they've had little chance to be utilised without Wilson and even prior to his injury he wasn't throwing the ball as much. The defence has it's well publicised issues. It's starting to feel like a lost year, can't see a wildcard happening.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61947 on: November 15, 2021, 10:33:49 am »
he's a rookie on a shit team with barely any talent.

I know that's what's terrifying about it though. They're going to break him. His main weapon is Jamal fucking Agnew, ex corner and special teams guy.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61948 on: November 15, 2021, 10:43:18 am »
I know that's what's terrifying about it though. They're going to break him. His main weapon is Jamal fucking Agnew, ex corner and special teams guy.

it's 1 season. not that I'd have any confidence in the organisation for helping him succeed necessarily.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61949 on: November 15, 2021, 11:05:54 am »
there have now been about 9 weeks of this talk, and it's not happened yet.

it has now

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61950 on: November 15, 2021, 11:12:23 am »
it has now

it sounds like the 'old' chiefs managed to show up, which is good to see but it's one game.

I think they've got dallas next so if they can do the same against them there might be something there.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #61951 on: November 15, 2021, 11:24:41 am »
it sounds like the 'old' chiefs managed to show up, which is good to see but it's one game.

I think they've got dallas next so if they can do the same against them there might be something there.

That's going to be a game. Both teams are loaded on offence and potentially porous on defence.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61952 on: November 15, 2021, 11:48:48 am »
Lions  :lmao

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61953 on: November 15, 2021, 12:01:09 pm »

Yep has the makings of a great game

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61954 on: November 15, 2021, 04:24:21 pm »
I'd be very weary to signal the Chiefs are back, based on last night.

As I said to a Giants mate last week, don't ever go thinking you've turned a corner when beating the Raiders.

Far better teams ahead will tell you a lot more.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #61955 on: November 15, 2021, 04:32:01 pm »
Packers defence playing the best it has in a long long time. And that's without it's two best players.

Nobody ever wants to see Aaron Jones go down but A.J Dillon is about to become a problem for DCs everywhere  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61956 on: November 15, 2021, 04:37:40 pm »
Both the Packers and Chiefs were massively impressive.

Shutting out Russell Wilson from the scoreboard is massive, no matter his match fitness.

Then Mahomes threw five TD passes and the defense showed up for the third consecutive week, so it looks like the blip is addressed. Considering they have three Arrowhead games in a row ahead and then basically home advantage away to Chargers due to the travelling support filling that stadium it definitely looks like the corner has been turned - for now. Chris Jones looked really impressive in his natural role, no doubt helped by Ingram's presence. Didn't know that Williams would be able to make such a tremendous TD catch either for a running back.

2nd seed overall in the AFC is definitely up for grabs for them.

The Patriots are quitely building something and those divisional games versus the Bills will be quite intriguing also for the future balance of power within that division. The Mac is still learning on the job, but he'll learn a lot under Belichik for sure.
Linudden.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61957 on: November 15, 2021, 04:45:04 pm »

As I said to a Giants mate last week, don't ever go thinking you've turned a corner when beating the Raiders.

I wouldnt say this Chiefs team is playing as good as 2019 or 2020 Chiefs BUT they are on 6 wins, the same amount as MVP front runner Brady's Bucs and numerous other teams which are having songs and praise every day. This Chiefs team, reportedly playing its worst in 4+ years, leading its division... that should be worrying for all the other teams for the fact theyre still improving week by week.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61958 on: November 15, 2021, 05:11:36 pm »
Looks to me like the Chiefs have moved past the reluctance to involve the Backs in the passing game too.

May be wrong, but D Williams being targeted 9 times suggests they're looking to keep building on that lower-key threat (compared to going for it all with regular deep throws) ahead of Edwards Helaire getting off the IR list (I am sure I read he held a college record for receptions).

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61959 on: November 16, 2021, 05:49:38 am »

Two things. Gus bradley said I'm running cover 1/cover 3 after everybody like 2 high has given KC issues. Also Mahomes checked it down way more and looked to hit the quick underneath stuff.