Author Topic: Prince Phillip has died  (Read 36020 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Prince Phillip has died
« Reply #520 on: April 11, 2021, 11:02:05 am »
I actually did meet him twice. He was f*cking rude both times, including to his equerry in front of me. The second time was just before Andrew and Fergie's wedding. They bounced into the room at Buck House at the end of my allotted hour with him; I believe they were returning from pressing the well-meaning proletariat flesh. 'How did it go?' he asked them. 'They were all tugging their forelocks,' Fergie answered. And they all snickered. True story.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: April 11, 2021, 11:04:28 am »
Had the pleasure of meeting him at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #522 on: April 11, 2021, 12:05:32 pm »
Had the pleasure of meeting him at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

I’m so sad that Limmy didn’t bring that out of retirement just this once.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #523 on: April 11, 2021, 01:15:44 pm »
Fuck me... queues of cars to get into Windsor today.

What the hell is it with people? Please don’t come, please don’t leave flowers...

Fucking heaving...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #524 on: April 11, 2021, 01:17:02 pm »
I just find the whole thing very weird to be honest, its sad when someone loses their husband of 74 years of course but rolling wall to wall coverage of a 99 year olds death and people taking their kids at 1am to leave flowers outside Buckingham Palace is just very odd. I'm completely disconnected from a large part of society.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: April 11, 2021, 01:19:48 pm »
I just find the whole thing very weird to be honest, its sad when someone loses their husband of 74 years of course but rolling wall to wall coverage of a 99 year olds death and people taking their kids at 1am to leave flowers outside Buckingham Palace is just very odd. I'm completely disconnected from a large part of society.
I think though that it’s a historical thing...

He literally has spanned ages of this country (more so the queen obviously).  He’s a genuine historical figure, we look back on Albert, everyone knows who he was,  but he’s nothing on Phillip’s longevity. 

That’s the context I see it in really.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #526 on: April 11, 2021, 01:24:37 pm »
I don't know why anyone would think I was trying to deceive RAWK with my story. I just thought people might be interested in my own personal memory of Phil. And before anyone gets aggravated by my calling him that and not HRH or Prince or Duke etc let me tell you that it the chap himself who told me to call him Phil. Like i said before he hated all the rigmarole around the monarchy. He was always complaining about the medals they made him wear, not least because he had to take them off each time he dry cleaned his jacket.

I bumped into him once in an amusement arcade in Blackpool. He was playing that game where you used to roll those old twopenny bits down a slot and time it so that the moving roller sent a whole cliff of other twopenny bits into a cascade and into your pocket. I thought "Is it him?" because you don't expect to see royals working the slots off Blackpool prom. But he saw me and waved and shouted "Ey up Mark" and I joined him at the table. I even gave him a few of my own coins after he'd run out. He told me he loved coming to Blackpool on his own because no one ever recognised him and he could just get on doing what he loved doing. Hiding in plain sight he said. Only once had someone said "You look like the Queen's husband" and Phil replied, "What, the Greek bloke? Cheers." The bloke then had got a bit defensive. "Didn't mean to insult you by calling you a Greek", he said. And then Phil said "Well, depends what you mean by Greek. Are we talking race, nationality, ethnicity or ancestry?" That ended the conversation of course. Always does. In actual fact he was descended from Agamemnon, but he never publicised the fact. "It'd sound like I were boasting", he said. Typical Phil, that.

I heard today, by the way, that he left me 14 pence in his will. He hadn't forgotten. Class.

I shall be giving my own 14 minutes of silence some time today. I hope Liverpool do the right thing and rename the Kop the Phil Stand.

Miss you Phil.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #527 on: April 11, 2021, 01:28:54 pm »

He literally has spanned ages of this country (more so the queen obviously).  He’s a genuine historical figure, we look back on Albert, everyone knows who he was,  but he’s nothing on Phillip’s longevity. 

I was thinking that this morning. He's been in the background all my life, part of the historical furniture.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #528 on: April 11, 2021, 01:30:14 pm »

Another excuse to update their social media content, that's all.

Offline Escorcio

• Kopite
« Reply #529 on: April 11, 2021, 01:31:29 pm »
You can and you can’t I believe. If you look at my DNA in isolation you can’t tell that I am Indian. However if you compared my DNA to the majority of people in this country you can detect differences that would suggest my lineage is not from this country. If you then take a sample of DNA from people in Punjab, India and compared mine to theres you would see that there are similarities that show that is where my ethnic lineage comes from. Likewise, if you looked at Prince Philips DNA and compared it to a sample of Greek people you would see his as an outlier, if you did the same with people from Germany or Denmark for example you would see some similarities.

That’s how it works I believe.

Ethnicity =/= race

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: April 11, 2021, 01:49:54 pm »
48 hours later BBC radio still playing sombre music ffs.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: April 11, 2021, 02:13:41 pm »
Yorky  ;D

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #532 on: April 11, 2021, 02:14:55 pm »

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: April 11, 2021, 02:27:42 pm »

I think it is a generational thing all royalists seem to be of a certain age mostly, I can't say I know a single young person who is positive about the monarchy (indifferent at best). I think it'll be a slow decline personally before Britain finally gets rid of the house of Windsor as Will and Kate seem pretty bland and inoffensive only thing I can really see causing a sudden big drop in support is a Charles fuck up.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: April 11, 2021, 02:47:17 pm »
I don't know why anyone would think I was trying to deceive RAWK with my story. I just thought people might be interested in my own personal memory of Phil. And before anyone gets aggravated by my calling him that and not HRH or Prince or Duke etc let me tell you that it the chap himself who told me to call him Phil. Like i said before he hated all the rigmarole around the monarchy. He was always complaining about the medals they made him wear, not least because he had to take them off each time he dry cleaned his jacket.

I bumped into him once in an amusement arcade in Blackpool. He was playing that game where you used to roll those old twopenny bits down a slot and time it so that the moving roller sent a whole cliff of other twopenny bits into a cascade and into your pocket. I thought "Is it him?" because you don't expect to see royals working the slots off Blackpool prom. But he saw me and waved and shouted "Ey up Mark" and I joined him at the table. I even gave him a few of my own coins after he'd run out. He told me he loved coming to Blackpool on his own because no one ever recognised him and he could just get on doing what he loved doing. Hiding in plain sight he said. Only once had someone said "You look like the Queen's husband" and Phil replied, "What, the Greek bloke? Cheers." The bloke then had got a bit defensive. "Didn't mean to insult you by calling you a Greek", he said. And then Phil said "Well, depends what you mean by Greek. Are we talking race, nationality, ethnicity or ancestry?" That ended the conversation of course. Always does. In actual fact he was descended from Agamemnon, but he never publicised the fact. "It'd sound like I were boasting", he said. Typical Phil, that.

I heard today, by the way, that he left me 14 pence in his will. He hadn't forgotten. Class.

I shall be giving my own 14 minutes of silence some time today. I hope Liverpool do the right thing and rename the Kop the Phil Stand.

Miss you Phil.

Class! ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: April 11, 2021, 02:54:54 pm »
Another excuse to update their social media content, that's all.

Or to demonstrate how subservient they are to their betters. Health doesn't matter, but must go and bow and scrape to their "highnesses".
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: April 11, 2021, 02:58:11 pm »
Miss you Phil.

A really touching tribute. Thanks so much for sharing.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: April 11, 2021, 03:16:34 pm »
 :lmao

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: April 11, 2021, 03:22:35 pm »
48 hours later BBC radio still playing sombre music ffs.

Are you talking about Portishead?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #539 on: April 11, 2021, 03:27:38 pm »

Miss you Phil.
A true Arcadian.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: April 11, 2021, 03:30:18 pm »
So headline on bbc news site now is a eulogy from Prince Andrew.  “We’ve lost the grandfather of the nation” is the quote from Andrew on the bbc site.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #541 on: April 11, 2021, 03:32:31 pm »
No but he got me a rum and coca-cola.

Ps yorkykopite, were your words about him true, or a bit of a piss-take?

Yorky used to bevvy with Phillip in the Cabbage before the game, back in the day.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: April 11, 2021, 03:35:14 pm »
Fuck the establishment.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #543 on: April 11, 2021, 03:40:04 pm »
Bet security at the funeral will be unreal.

God forbid that Harry's kid(s) will be next in line - with Meghan as Queen Mother!

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: April 11, 2021, 03:48:00 pm »
Bet security at the funeral will be unreal.

God forbid that Harry's kid(s) will be next in line - with Meghan as Queen Mother!

William has a few sprog. It's more likely that the active royals will be cut in number than that Harry will be called on for reinforcements.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #545 on: April 11, 2021, 03:57:05 pm »
William has a few sprog. It's more likely that the active royals will be cut in number than that Harry will be called on for reinforcements.]

Ah, I assumed they would be going to the funeral.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #546 on: April 11, 2021, 03:59:24 pm »
A Racist has died.

Not my opinion, the opinion of the rest of the world. And I'd rather listen to them, that the supposed media here.

And yet Brexit country seems to be having yet another breakdown. Note the BBC has closed down that page for complaints over its coverage, can't be linked to the fact that certain right-wing, anti-BBC groups have called such an page an example of the BBC's anti-British agenda.

Meanwhile, there's Andrew the Alleged N*nce, breaking his own media blackout with a tribute, and people are asking us to show compassion to him? Showing compassion to an alleged Nonce? In the same way as he showed compassion to those girls at Epstein's parties? Fuck Off.

The only time I want to see that bastard on our screens is when he's in shackles in an New York Court room.

Just another week on Normal Island.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 04:06:26 pm by Commie Bobbie »
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: April 11, 2021, 04:07:20 pm »
I’m surprised no one picked up Yorkys previous post where he said Phil the Greek admired Tony Drago...

Quite a nice Maltese link there
W

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #548 on: April 11, 2021, 04:41:48 pm »
I’m surprised no one picked up Yorkys previous post where he said Phil the Greek admired Tony Drago...

Some of us did. We're not all peasants you know.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: April 11, 2021, 04:43:41 pm »
Some of us did. We're not all peasants you know.
;D
W

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #550 on: April 11, 2021, 04:58:05 pm »
He never made one hundred.
So nearly but not quite.
A dinosaur a relic.
Who talked a load of shite,
A man who shot the tigers
And known for racist gaffe.
And now The chase is cancelled
You're avin a fuckin laugh!

Allez, Allez Allez

Fuck off with that tale Yorkie
You're gonna need more bait!
You're talkin like this fella
Was some kind of best mate!
14 new pence 'Phil' left you.
Your claim to fame I guess!
I think you're talking bollocks.
He would have left you less!

Allez, Allez, Allez
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: April 11, 2021, 05:20:50 pm »

Miss you Phil.

Great man last of a dying breed. I once saw him in Morecambe playing Galaxian during the Falklands. I told him to thank Prince Andrew for his bravery and service as a Helicopter pilot to which he replied 'Its not the bloody Argies i feel sorry for with Andy out there its the bloody sheep!!!! Such a funny man and i knew i was in the presence of greatness. It was the funniest hour of my life alongside seeing Bernard Manning at the Embassy in 84.

RIP YNWA

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: April 11, 2021, 05:28:41 pm »
What would you say to the Queen today?

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1381186824681496576

Has the BBC gone mad?

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: April 11, 2021, 05:37:16 pm »
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1381186824681496576

Has the BBC gone mad?

They're feeling the heat from the powers that be don't want to agitate those who control the purse strings.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #554 on: April 11, 2021, 05:40:02 pm »
Great man last of a dying breed. I once saw him in Morecambe playing Galaxian during the Falklands. I told him to thank Prince Andrew for his bravery and service as a Helicopter pilot to which he replied 'Its not the bloody Argies i feel sorry for with Andy out there its the bloody sheep!!!! Such a funny man and i knew i was in the presence of greatness. It was the funniest hour of my life alongside seeing Bernard Manning at the Embassy in 84.

RIP YNWA

I mean yeah, if you find Bernard Manning funny it's not surprising you like Phil.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: April 11, 2021, 05:43:41 pm »
I mean yeah, if you find Bernard Manning funny it's not surprising you like Phil.
Woooossssshh
W

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: April 11, 2021, 05:47:01 pm »

Try standing up. Or maybe go and berate yorkykopite, since he started this thread of fictional tributes.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #557 on: April 11, 2021, 05:47:42 pm »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: April 11, 2021, 06:03:31 pm »
So headline on bbc news site now is a eulogy from Prince Andrew.  “We’ve lost the grandfather of the nation” is the quote from Andrew on the bbc site.
I'm not sure what verb I can use to describe my dislike for that statement. Firstly I object to it being made for me and secondly in these times people really are losing their grandfathers daily.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #559 on: April 11, 2021, 06:04:19 pm »

I'll admit the name Tony Drago sounds familiar, but I'd have to google.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.