Author Topic: Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War  (Read 7496 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2020, 01:58:02 pm »
Struggling online. Keep getting shot in the back and sides. Feels like each COD, this is happening more. Either im getting shitter, or the map design is getting sillier.
I'm getting annihilated to be honest, the only other COD I've done this badly in was Infinite Warfare, and let's be clear, we all only bought it to get our hands on MW Remastered, Infinite Warfare had an amazing campaign, very very underrated, but anyway, Cold War is a sweat fest, it's either Snipers, Famas, MP5 (still), they're gonna end up nerfing every gun the way they're going!

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2020, 10:17:37 am »
From what I have seen from Youtubers etc, I just cannot bring myself to part with my cash for this game... yet. And I am someone that has bought every CoD at launch (bar Infinite Warfare obviously).  How can the developers think that only 6 (six!) specific 6v6 maps is acceptable to launch this game with?  I know that there are cut down 12v12 maps too, but that feels like a panic decision to try and bump up the content.

Does no one remember Black Ops 2? 14 (Fourteen!) maps on launch date, plus Nuketown with the pre-order.  The DLCs added a further 16 maps (I realise these were at extra cost).  I get the arguments about other improvements and complexities in map design, gun design, attachments etc, but to me this isn't a good enough compromise. 

I might pick it up once they release more maps, but it feels like this game has been rushed out too early to pick up pre Christmas sales.  Is there any intel regarding how COVID affected the development of this game?  Is this really the game they envisioned releasing?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2020, 10:23:29 am »
The problem with multiplayer and warzone is the Youtube walkthroughs and metas. Everyone ends up with the same load outs, the same tactics and it gets too repetitive to play against.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2020, 11:23:08 am »
Have you tried Hardcore mode? You can basically use any gun you want and not have a disadvantage. Haven’t played core since WaW where 98% of the players used the MP40.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2020, 10:43:06 pm »
From what I have seen from Youtubers etc, I just cannot bring myself to part with my cash for this game... yet. And I am someone that has bought every CoD at launch (bar Infinite Warfare obviously).  How can the developers think that only 6 (six!) specific 6v6 maps is acceptable to launch this game with?  I know that there are cut down 12v12 maps too, but that feels like a panic decision to try and bump up the content.

Does no one remember Black Ops 2? 14 (Fourteen!) maps on launch date, plus Nuketown with the pre-order.  The DLCs added a further 16 maps (I realise these were at extra cost).  I get the arguments about other improvements and complexities in map design, gun design, attachments etc, but to me this isn't a good enough compromise. 

I might pick it up once they release more maps, but it feels like this game has been rushed out too early to pick up pre Christmas sales.  Is there any intel regarding how COVID affected the development of this game?  Is this really the game they envisioned releasing?
To be fair to Treyarch they had one year to make this game instead of 2 year window, the CoD game this year should have been a Sledgehammer game but they got dumped by Activision and Cold War would be slated for November next year.

The last update for BO4 came a month before MW came out, the game had no support or patches at all in year 2, Treyarch went straight to work on Cold War and Covid would have also put a spanner in the works that put the development on hold.

Xmas/New Year we should see more maps, the classics like Summit, Firing Range, Slums, Grind and some from BO1 and new maps.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 10:52:06 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2020, 12:41:16 pm »
To be fair to Treyarch they had one year to make this game instead of 2 year window, the CoD game this year should have been a Sledgehammer game but they got dumped by Activision and Cold War would be slated for November next year.

The last update for BO4 came a month before MW came out, the game had no support or patches at all in year 2, Treyarch went straight to work on Cold War and Covid would have also put a spanner in the works that put the development on hold.

That does sound about right and it appears (though I haven't played it) to show in the content offering for this game. The movement and gunplay are all tweaks on a tried and tested formula that Treyarch have always been good at.  The lack of content is where it shows, and would they really have wanted to crowbar Cold War in to the current Warzone had they had the time to develop the game properly?  Modern Warfare was a bit content light at launch and grew from there, but Cold War is starting from an even lower base.  The addition of the 2v2/3v3 maps and modes in MW was great, I can't understand why they wouldn't want to keep that legacy going - other than lack of time.  You can't say they binned them off to concentrate on making incredible 6v6/12v12 content as there is barely any of that either.

It feels like a rushed, profit driven venture - Activision rely on Call of Duty sales each year probably more than any other game.  Which means this has not been released as anywhere near the version it could have been.  Plenty of other businesses have had to take hit and delay releases due to COVID, I really think that Activision should have made the choice to do the same - then no one would have to make excuses for the game.  Launching like this cheapens the Call of Duty brand even further.  I guess shareholders need their payday before gamers get a decent product.

I didn't enjoy writing that as Treyarch have made my favourite games in this franchise.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2020, 12:44:19 pm »
That does sound about right and it appears (though I haven't played it) to show in the content offering for this game. The movement and gunplay are all tweaks on a tried and tested formula that Treyarch have always been good at.  The lack of content is where it shows, and would they really have wanted to crowbar Cold War in to the current Warzone had they had the time to develop the game properly?  Modern Warfare was a bit content light at launch and grew from there, but Cold War is starting from an even lower base.  The addition of the 2v2/3v3 maps and modes in MW was great, I can't understand why they wouldn't want to keep that legacy going - other than lack of time.  You can't say they binned them off to concentrate on making incredible 6v6/12v12 content as there is barely any of that either.

It feels like a rushed, profit driven venture - Activision rely on Call of Duty sales each year probably more than any other game.  Which means this has not been released as anywhere near the version it could have been.  Plenty of other businesses have had to take hit and delay releases due to COVID, I really think that Activision should have made the choice to do the same - then no one would have to make excuses for the game.  Launching like this cheapens the Call of Duty brand even further.  I guess shareholders need their payday before gamers get a decent product.

I didn't enjoy writing that as Treyarch have made my favourite games in this franchise.

I wonder if they were surprised by how well Warzone went. I'm sure I read that Warzone alone makes them so much money with people buying skins and everything, so they could have given a year off if they needed and cited COVID and wanting to bring out a perfect game surely...?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2020, 11:39:03 pm »
Nuketown looks fantastic visually, looks like they used every colour possible on it.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2020, 06:35:35 pm »
Noticed my Series X has been crashing randomly when playing this.
From googling it it seems like it's been reported by a few others too, with one person's Series X actually getting bricked (ouch!).
Advice is not to play it on a Series X until a patch is released.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2020, 09:00:26 pm »
Noticed my Series X has been crashing randomly when playing this.
From googling it it seems like it's been reported by a few others too, with one person's Series X actually getting bricked (ouch!).
Advice is not to play it on a Series X until a patch is released.
I've personally not encountered any issues mate.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2020, 07:31:52 am »
I've personally not encountered any issues mate.

That's good mate ;D
Out of curiosity did you get the normal version or the series X/S cross gen edition ?

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2020, 08:15:58 pm »
I read that it's causing both the Xbox Series X and Xbox One X to crash - the game definitely needs patching.
XBL: Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 1, 2020, 05:41:13 am »
That's good mate ;D
Out of curiosity did you get the normal version or the series X/S cross gen edition ?
I bought the Ultimate version for £89, I do gameshare with my son as he's into the Zombies.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 3, 2020, 01:02:32 pm »
Posts on the Cold war Reddit of PS5's bricking now playing this game.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 5, 2020, 10:26:09 pm »
Apparently it’s an issue with the raytracing that’s causing it.

Saw someone say they turned the raytracing off (performance mode) and the game started running fine.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #55 on: December 6, 2020, 07:57:22 am »
My xbox one randomly crashed and turned off yesterday when loading the this first time I've ever had that happen

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 6, 2020, 02:12:43 pm »
Someone on the Cold War reddit ripped this from Parks And Recreation abd added their own words and it's absolutely brilliant riposte at the state of SBMM in this game.

https://preview.redd.it/ix3cr0btnj361.gif?format=mp4&s=997fd5115fd241c820249ffc922f0dab9f594e01

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #57 on: December 7, 2020, 09:51:22 am »
did the campaign over the weekend,

cant get into the multiplayer at all though, needs more maps

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 7, 2020, 11:43:47 am »
did the campaign over the weekend,

cant get into the multiplayer at all though, needs more maps
New maps and season one on December 16th.

Raid map from BO2 is one of the maps with a bunch of new ones.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #59 on: December 7, 2020, 09:40:56 pm »

At the risk of repeating myself, you would think that 'Season One' would maybe start on the day of launch?  Trumpeting new maps one month after launching an unfinished game to start bringing the game nearer an acceptable map count is pretty lame.  One of them being Raid, a map I played to death for 2 years previously - new content it is not.  Feels like they really don't want my money this year.

I guess MW2019 got better over time.  Maybe this will?

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 8, 2020, 08:26:56 am »
At the risk of repeating myself, you would think that 'Season One' would maybe start on the day of launch?  Trumpeting new maps one month after launching an unfinished game to start bringing the game nearer an acceptable map count is pretty lame.  One of them being Raid, a map I played to death for 2 years previously - new content it is not.  Feels like they really don't want my money this year.

It’s the way game developers make games these days, release a tiny fraction of a game at launch and make more cash with DLC/season passes etc...

It sucks but people still throw money at it.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: December 8, 2020, 08:30:13 am »

Is this going to be paid content? I've not played online yet and it's really frustrating the amount of bugs in the bots multiplayer options, certain maps not working etc.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #62 on: December 8, 2020, 08:33:47 am »
Is this going to be paid content? I've not played online yet and it's really frustrating the amount of bugs in the bots multiplayer options, certain maps not working etc.

No, they release new things with every "season". So they just update the games, change a few game modes and add some guns.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 8, 2020, 10:28:00 am »

I think this delay is down to linking it all together with Warzone etc rather than them just being money grabbing shits. They're still money grabbing shits though.

Saying that, I had every season pass for Modern Warfare and actually think it was well worth the money.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #64 on: December 8, 2020, 10:35:43 am »
I think this delay is down to linking it all together with Warzone etc rather than them just being money grabbing shits. They're still money grabbing shits though.

Saying that, I had every season pass for Modern Warfare and actually think it was well worth the money.

Nothing in the season pass actually adds to the game though does it? You can play it exactly the same without.

I gained enough coins to just get it from about season 4.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #65 on: December 8, 2020, 01:27:27 pm »
Nothing in the season pass actually adds to the game though does it? You can play it exactly the same without.

Yeah, i think this is following the same model as MW2019 where the paid content doesn't necessarily give you any in-game advantage and all new maps are 'free'.

I know this is how developers are now releasing games, but this feels like the worst it has been for a Call of Duty release.

I am going to be positive now - I read that Season 1 will include some 2v2 maps - the 2v2 and 3v3 game modes in MW2019 are probably the most fun I have had in that multiplayer so hopefully these work well.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 8, 2020, 04:13:29 pm »

Doesn't add anything to actual game play what so ever. All you get is new weapons, blueprints, skins, collectible things that mean sod all if you aren't arsed about collecting them.

Any new maps are added for "free". That being said, I don't remember them adding any new maps in MW
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 8, 2020, 04:38:21 pm »
Doesn't add anything to actual game play what so ever. All you get is new weapons, blueprints, skins, collectible things that mean sod all if you aren't arsed about collecting them.

Any new maps are added for "free". That being said, I don't remember them adding any new maps in MW

I don't know if the following ones have been in other cod games but I'd never played Superstore, Khandor, Sawmill, Cheshire Park,. Oil Rig or Mialstor before so they seemed new to me and were added for free on top of classic cod maps. 16 added maps in a year on top of 10 at launch. Felt like good value coming from Black Ops 4 where there wasnt even a campaign and the BR equivalent wasn't F2P.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 8, 2020, 09:18:50 pm »
I don't know if the following ones have been in other cod games but I'd never played Superstore, Khandor, Sawmill, Cheshire Park,. Oil Rig or Mialstor before so they seemed new to me and were added for free on top of classic cod maps. 16 added maps in a year on top of 10 at launch. Felt like good value coming from Black Ops 4 where there wasnt even a campaign and the BR equivalent wasn't F2P.

The last call of duty I played was when it was set in world war two, so I'd never played any maps! I don't even think it had multiplayer back then!!

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 8, 2020, 09:23:47 pm »
The last call of duty I played was when it was set in world war two, so I'd never played any maps! I don't even think it had multiplayer back then!!

Simpler times!

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2020, 08:24:16 am »
Any news on this being patched? Was thinking of getting it at Christmas to go with the series X but don’t want it to brick the console straight away haha

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2020, 09:06:34 am »
The multiplayer is free to play for a week if anyone is interested. 90+gb download though!

https://twitter.com/callofduty/status/1339647004113170433?s=21

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2020, 09:21:12 am »
Only limited maps/modes though, isn’t it?

Swerving it totally this year, it just looks so bereft of content or new ideas.
AHA!

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2020, 09:51:32 am »
Only limited maps/modes though, isn’t it?

Swerving it totally this year, it just looks so bereft of content or new ideas.
Absolutely full of glitches at the moment too!

Waiting for the new year to get back on Warzone.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2020, 07:13:46 am »
Constantly crashing for me, load of shite.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2020, 07:59:48 am »
Tried one match then deleted it.  Can’t even be arsed explaining all the things wrong with it.  What on earth happened to Treyarch (and Call of Duty in general)?  :'( Awful.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2020, 08:09:19 am »
I've not played any multiplayer matches since season one kicked off. Played a bit of warzone which now has the cold war crossover. Was expecting a new map but all they did was re-use the map 'Alcatraz Portals' from black ops 4. Just comes across as a second thought and hasn't been given the proper support post launch. They could be doing loads with content updates and map changes every season but they don't besides a few cosmetics which run across MW, WZ & CW.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2020, 11:31:24 am »
I never liked the new map but played it a couple times and like the set up with the trios and if you die and team still alive you will respawn instead of being out or going to the gulag . I am hoping they make a new bigger WZ map Verdansk needs freshened up or a complete change .

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2020, 07:11:44 pm »
I've gone back to BO4 active, me and few friends teaming up have been jumping into lobbies using just Ballistic knives and combat axes. it's super fun. ;D

SBMM is just ruining Cold War for me, it's not fun and just a sweat fest, i don't even feel like jumping on the game for the Xmas noobs to boost my KD.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2020, 06:03:37 pm »
I've gone back to BO4 active, me and few friends teaming up have been jumping into lobbies using just Ballistic knives and combat axes. it's super fun. ;D

SBMM is just ruining Cold War for me, it's not fun and just a sweat fest, i don't even feel like jumping on the game for the Xmas noobs to boost my KD.
Don't bother, the lag was that bad actually it was actually tanking my framerate!