Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1736355 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2020, 12:28:25 pm »
Had a look at the Leicester forum,they seem to think Chilwell to Chelsea is very close now.

Should solve their defensive issues ;D

I guess he can at least run faster than Alonso, but is that plus his passport worth tens of millions?

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2020, 12:33:28 pm »
Should solve their defensive issues ;D

I guess he can at least run faster than Alonso, but is that plus his passport worth tens of millions?

:) I think he's ok but nothing special and they're talking of a £60m+ fee over there which is nuts,don't know if that is even remotely true though.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 12:38:41 pm by Tobelius »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2020, 01:22:09 pm »
Spending actual money on fullbacks? Wouldn’t be my club.

With the cash they’re throwing about, the expectations on Lampard should be massive next season. Werner and Ziyech in the door, Havertz and Chilwell to follow. Maybe a keeper and CB too. Genuinely, anything less than a genuine and sustained title challenge should be considered a failure. 85 points minimum.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2020, 01:27:10 pm »

With the cash they’re throwing about, the expectations on Lampard should be massive next season. Werner and Ziyech in the door, Havertz and Chilwell to follow. Maybe a keeper and CB too. Genuinely, anything less than a genuine and sustained title challenge should be considered a failure. 85 points minimum.

Better hit the ground running Frank. That's some serious spending!
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline muszka

• Anny Roader
« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2020, 01:47:53 pm »
Better hit the ground running Frank. That's some serious spending!

They will be replacing over half of their first team in one go. Any examples of this working out for any team? Because I think it's not going to go as well as they think it will.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2020, 02:49:50 pm »

I think they’ll have issues integrating so many players at once. All with big price tags. If they don’t manage to have a good season, the malaise will probably drag on for years to come.

Lampard is no Guardiola.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #206 on: August 15, 2020, 02:57:50 pm »

Betfair odds are no guarantee of anything, but fwiw, both Chilwell and Havertz are long, long odds on to join Chelsea (1/6 and 1/20 respectively). Koulibaly is 4/11 to join City, and Ollie Watkins 1/3 to join Villa.

Other odds on quotes of interest are: 4/6 Kante to Utd., 8/11 Coutinho to Arsenal, 8/11 Sancho to Utd., 8/15 Partey to Arsenal. Grealish is even money to join Arsenal.

Those Kante to Utd. odds are surprising...
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #207 on: August 15, 2020, 03:02:44 pm »
If there's one thing bedding odds aren't an indicator of it's football transfers and new manager appointments. Franck Ribery was once 1/20 to join us.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2020, 03:04:52 pm »
We could probably get Messi to be odds on to join us if we’ve all got a tenner to spare to put a bet on
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
THE NON-LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2020, 03:09:36 pm »
If there's one thing bedding odds aren't an indicator of it's football transfers and new manager appointments. Franck Ribery was once 1/20 to join us.
I’d say the bookies got that one about right.

Edit: on second thoughts, I should learn to read...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 03:11:14 pm by smutchin »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #210 on: August 15, 2020, 03:10:16 pm »
Be funnier if we went for him to join the bitters and watch their transfer thread on GOT for a laugh.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 15, 2020, 04:41:40 pm »
Newcastle trying to sign Tom Davies for around £12 million apparently. Would be good business for Everton I'd say, given that's he's shit.. But a bit humbling seeing as he was meant to their saviour. Also will be pointless when they use the money on a United/Arsenal/Chelsea cast off.

Also a bit of a come down for Newcastle post-takeover breakdown. Mbappe to Davies...
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #212 on: August 15, 2020, 04:44:01 pm »
£12 mill for Davies.... Newcastle don’t half do some shite transfer business.

Championship level player, maybe that’s the idea!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2020, 04:53:43 pm »
Alexander Sorloth, of Crystal Palace but on loan at Trabzonspor, apparently off to RB Leipzig. Scored 33 goals this season for the Turkish side.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2020, 05:00:10 pm »
Alexander Sorloth, of Crystal Palace but on loan at Trabzonspor, apparently off to RB Leipzig. Scored 33 goals this season for the Turkish side.
That says to me that the Schick deal isn't going ahead. You wouldn't have two such strikers with a similar profile in the squad. Jury's still out on Sorloth, there's not a great history of goalscorers in the Turkish league translating their form elsewhere, but he's still young. I'm surprised Palace haven't found a way to bring him back.

Maybe Old man Hodgson simply doesn't fancy him.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 15, 2020, 05:01:29 pm »
They will be replacing over half of their first team in one go. Any examples of this working out for any team? Because I think it's not going to go as well as they think it will.

Oh I agree I can't see this suddenly working straight away. Pressure will be applied if they make a slow start and that defence needs abit of work
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 15, 2020, 05:19:01 pm »
I genuinely don't understand Havertz moving to Chelsea. He's above them in my mind. It might be similar to Werner in that he doesn't want to wait for a better move or take the risk that something like an injury at the wrong time scuppers an actual decent transfer.

Chelsea- if they get Havertz - have essentially got two of the best young attacking players in world football in a purely opportunistic fashion, because they certainly don't have the standing or status currently to get these types of players in my mind. Money does talk, but it's a lack of money being shown by any number of other clubs that would make more sense for this pair to join.

They wouldn't have even qualified for the Champions League if Chilwell, Soyuncu and Pereira had stayed fit for Leicester.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 15, 2020, 05:25:14 pm »
I genuinely don't understand Havertz moving to Chelsea. He's above them in my mind. It might be similar to Werner in that he doesn't want to wait for a better move or take the risk that something like an injury at the wrong time scuppers an actual decent transfer.

Chelsea- if they get Havertz - have essentially got two of the best young attacking players in world football in a purely opportunistic fashion, because they certainly don't have the standing or status currently to get these types of players in my mind. Money does talk, but it's a lack of money being shown by any number of other clubs that would make more sense for this pair to join.

They wouldn't have even qualified for the Champions League if Chilwell, Soyuncu and Pereira had stayed fit for Leicester.

This is Chelsea we are talking about. The same club that managed to fuck up De Bruyne and Salah. And even if they do get Havertz, their defence is still the worst in the top 10. They are not a threat to us.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: August 15, 2020, 05:31:56 pm »

I think Havertz like Werner saw staying at their clubs last year as being ‘the last year’. I know it’s particularly nuts in Havertz case, being how he’s 20! But he saw his best mate (Julian Brandt) make the move, and could have gone himself, but decided to give Leverkusen - his club for a decade, another season.

Imagine how hard it is as a 20 year old to turn down the sort of contract he’s getting offered from Chelsea.

I totally got Werner going now, being as he has seen 2 bigger clubs come in for him, then not sign him, two seasons running.  But yeah, Havertz, it’s a shame. Bayer not getting CL this year was the final straw really.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: August 15, 2020, 05:46:19 pm »
Another factor that complicates things is the huge fee that Havertz would cost. If we are talking about a transfer that would cost from £70-90m then only a few team (Chelsea, Man City, PSG, Barca and Real) could really afford that. And the latter of those could normally but probably not this year.

Unless we'd sell Firmino or someone else from our forward line then we wouldn't be able to cough up with that sum. It's not worth it for us, and also questionable that we could afford it.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 15, 2020, 05:50:04 pm »
I think Havertz like Werner saw staying at their clubs last year as being ‘the last year’. I know it’s particularly nuts in Havertz case, being how he’s 20! But he saw his best mate (Julian Brandt) make the move, and could have gone himself, but decided to give Leverkusen - his club for a decade, another season.

Imagine how hard it is as a 20 year old to turn down the sort of contract he’s getting offered from Chelsea.

I totally got Werner going now, being as he has seen 2 bigger clubs come in for him, then not sign him, two seasons running.  But yeah, Havertz, it’s a shame. Bayer not getting CL this year was the final straw really.
Good post, I agree and it all makes sense, I think I'm just trying to do the gymnastics in my head to get to the point where I can accept the transfer given he's so good and would be so good for ourselves  ;D

Chilwell is an odd one. Is it because he's English that the press seem to think he's had an incredible season? He really hasn't. He's been... okay with some flashes of good. Leicester should be laughing getting £60m for him. Go and buy Rico Henry from Brentford, or Caci from Strasbourg. Either will replace him and do a perfectly fine job. 

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 15, 2020, 06:12:55 pm »
Chilwell is bang, and I do mean bang average

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #222 on: August 15, 2020, 06:53:04 pm »
Chilwell is bang, and I do mean bang average

We were in for him when we were looking at Robertson.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 15, 2020, 06:55:29 pm »
We were in for him when we were looking at Robertson.

it was the season before, but Leicester wanted far more than he was worth, so they decided to stick with Milner.

Good chance he’d have developed into a top player here.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 15, 2020, 07:13:35 pm »
Think Chilwell is one of the best LBs in the league. But that doesn’t mean he’s worth £60m odd. I reckon Klopp wouldn’t ever countenance spending more than £20m on a fullback.

Hope Leicester replace him with Lewis, be nice if he got a decent move after his hopes of coming here fell through.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 15, 2020, 07:37:52 pm »
Think Chilwell is one of the best LBs in the league.

Like most English players, he is over-rated. We have just signed a better left fullback ...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2020, 07:40:04 pm »
Like most English players, he is over-rated. We have just signed a better left fullback ...

"Most" English players? You could say the same on a number of non-English players as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2020, 08:00:01 pm »
"Most" English players? You could say the same on a number of non-English players as well.

Nah, the English players are the most over-rated players in the World, by the English press and the English fans. I mean, Harry Maguire for £80 million  :butt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2020, 08:30:19 pm »
Nah, the English players are the most over-rated players in the World, by the English press and the English fans. I mean, Harry Maguire for £80 million  :butt

That's a dangerous road to go down, considering the year our English players have been having. Prices are inflated for English players not because they're overrated, but because of the homegrown quota.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2020, 09:24:52 pm »
That's a dangerous road to go down, considering the year our English players have been having. Prices are inflated for English players not because they're overrated, but because of the homegrown quota.

Even with homegrown quotas and many english players being good, it is undeniable that the english media loves to overhype english players, dismissing any limitations or failings until it comes time to knock that player back down again.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2020, 09:25:40 pm »

Exactly.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2020, 09:30:58 pm »

A player doesn't need to be English, for him to qualify as homegrown.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2020, 09:34:13 pm »
Even with homegrown quotas and many english players being good, it is undeniable that the english media loves to overhype english players, dismissing any limitations or failings until it comes time to knock that player back down again.

Media in some countries will overhype their own players, and in others they are often overly critical. But you can’t say this phenomena is just an English one, it is in fact a thing in a lot of countries. I was in Japan last time when they were in the World Cup, and the media coverage for the Japanese players was way over the top.

It happens in all sports everywhere. It’s just the way it is.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2020, 09:35:51 pm »
A player doesn't need to be English, for him to qualify as homegrown.

How many straws would you like to pick here?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2020, 10:06:12 pm »
How many straws would you like to pick here?

OK, you win. Chilwell is worth £60 million because of his homegrown status.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2020, 10:21:12 pm »
OK, you win. Chilwell is worth £60 million because of his homegrown status.

So Coutinho is worth 142 million pounds? Pogba is worth 80? Is Chilwell being overrated because he’s English? Or because he’s being overrated?

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2020, 01:35:10 am »
So Coutinho is worth 142 million pounds? Pogba is worth 80? Is Chilwell being overrated because he’s English? Or because he’s being overrated?

When we sold him Coutinho probably was on that market.

But other than that, yes Foreign players can be overrated too, but that doesn't mean that English players don't generally get overrated due to the fact that they are English. There is a much higher proportion of overrated English players from the English media, than there is overrated foreign players. It's understandable, all media's would do it for their local talent, but it does mean than generally there isn't huge value in English players for English clubs

Even with quality english players around, a lot of definitely average players get branded as quality due to them being English. Players like Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Chillwell, Maddison, Barkley, Rice, Mount, Winks, Calvert Lewin, Grealish, even at some point real shite like Mings.

This also generally leads to inflated prices, because there are some clubs who actually buy into the media hype and pay over the odds for these players.

Thats not to say those players are even bad, players like Maddison and Grealish are good, but nowhere near as good as the media say. They are not £80 million players, which the media and their clubs would tout them

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2020, 03:19:33 am »
Reinier Jesus going on loan to Dortmund from Real for an initial year potentially going to two.
That seems a really strange signing given he seems to play in a similar position to Reyna and Bellingham, who Dortmund actually own. And yes, Chilwell isn't worth £60 million but he's hardly average - he's one of the best left backs in the league.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2020, 03:26:45 am »
When we sold him Coutinho probably was on that market.

But other than that, yes Foreign players can be overrated too, but that doesn't mean that English players don't generally get overrated due to the fact that they are English. There is a much higher proportion of overrated English players from the English media, than there is overrated foreign players. It's understandable, all media's would do it for their local talent, but it does mean than generally there isn't huge value in English players for English clubs

Even with quality english players around, a lot of definitely average players get branded as quality due to them being English. Players like Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Chillwell, Maddison, Barkley, Rice, Mount, Winks, Calvert Lewin, Grealish, even at some point real shite like Mings.

This also generally leads to inflated prices, because there are some clubs who actually buy into the media hype and pay over the odds for these players.

Thats not to say those players are even bad, players like Maddison and Grealish are good, but nowhere near as good as the media say. They are not £80 million players, which the media and their clubs would tout them

But again, I think those players generally have a premium because they fill a need at those clubs that want them, namely because they can meet the homegrown quota without them being dead weight (for the most part). But do a lot of these players get overhyped? Perhaps, partly also because of this PL proven tag that gets thrown around. But these are not the old days anymore where transfers happen sometimes due to word of mouth. Clubs have more sophisticated ways to scout them now, so it all comes down to talent evaluation.

And the other effect that adds to this is that the PL is the richest league in the world, so the fees will look even more inflated compared to players sold on from lesser leagues. It is always just supply and demand. If there is a demand, and the supply is generally low, then you will have this problem.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 03:32:48 am by Bend It Like Aurelio »

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 16, 2020, 08:42:10 am »
I do honestly believe that Chilwell has been the second best LB in the league this season. Ricardo Pereira on the other side is absolutely awesome too. £60m is steep for any fullback but he's got a lot of ability, is strong defensively and has a high ceiling. Oh and he's English. The fee will be high though because Leicester won't want to sell, not necessarily because he is worth it.