Author Topic: Fifa 21 - Next Gen  (Read 15105 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: Fifa 21 - Next Gen
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2021, 10:30:18 am »
seems like a strange way of getting to "the man" mate
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2021, 10:37:02 am »
I got promoted in Seasons on FIFA21 on my PS5, after the match Klopp ran onto the pitch, hugged a few players and then did his signature celebration in front of the Kop. I'm not aware that it ever did that on my PS4 but stand to be corrected if it did.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2021, 09:29:56 pm »
This game is an embarrassment online. Just been winning 5-3 in the last 10 mins after dominating the match the other player scores 3 and ends up winning 6-5. Literally no skill involved whatsoever.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: March 2, 2021, 02:27:38 pm »
I feel like skill doesn't even play a part in it at times.

I only play seasons really and I either win 3-0 on what feels like amateur mode or I get smashed 6-1 with the opposition cutting through me with just a couple of passes and scoring from ridiculous angles or with overpowered shots. I got up to Div 4 and it's been a trainwreck ever since. Back down to div 6 or 7 now!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #164 on: March 7, 2021, 11:22:14 am »
I've just quit. Sold all my players. Now I'm sitting on 2.5m coins and I wonder if there's any way to sell them for a bit of beer money.

Anyone here want to buy them? Make me an offer!

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #165 on: March 7, 2021, 11:45:58 am »
I've just quit. Sold all my players. Now I'm sitting on 2.5m coins and I wonder if there's any way to sell them for a bit of beer money.

Anyone here want to buy them? Make me an offer!

I sold mine to these guys at the end of the game cycle last year: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheCrazyTrad3r

No idea what they're giving right now but I got £20 per million (sold about 14m total) but I'd expect it to be higher right now as I sold in July when there wasn't long left of Fifa 20.

It basically paid for my PS5 upgrade (including what I got selling my PS4) so worked out well. They took about a week which was annoying because I still wanted to play Fifa, I just had a great untradable team and wanted the money more than the coins, but pretty much every time they logged into my account and transferred a chunk of coins they did a bank transfer afterwards.

upload url image

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #166 on: March 7, 2021, 03:50:56 pm »
Cheers mate ill message them now.

I see its 2.75 per 100k at the moment. Expected more but it'll pay for the game I paid for.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #167 on: March 7, 2021, 09:55:47 pm »
Ultimate Team coin selling still alive and well I see!

I basically used to do it as a job during Uni; the going rate then was about £30 per 100k - I’m assuming the market norms have changed massively in that time. I’m talking FIFA 12/13 or so I’d say.

It paid for me to tour Europe for three months and buy a cheap run around, even if it was a bit scabby of me.

I used to do stuff like buy every single David Luiz over the space of a week and snap up any that came onto the market, even overpriced, to preserve my hold over the market - then price fix at massively above the original price. Bad behaviour indeed.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #168 on: March 9, 2021, 07:27:00 pm »
Noone messaged me back the bastards.

It'll only come to about 60 quid but its better than a kick in the bollocks.

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #169 on: March 9, 2021, 08:06:23 pm »
25k Promo Pack and I get 90 rated Mo Salah, that will do  :hally
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 9, 2021, 08:57:49 pm »
This is the worst FIFA ever. The defending is so, so broken it's tragic. I sold it days after buying it at launch (because it's shite) and have been playing on my housemate's ps4 recently. Absolutely infuriating.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 9, 2021, 10:00:01 pm »
Gameplay was the same for me but career mode is so shit. Whoever came up with the training idea needs to get sacked, so time-consuming and unnecessary. Just let me make transfers and play ffs! Volta is crap too, first time I played it and thought it'd be like FIFA Street but it was a completely watered down version.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2021, 01:18:30 pm »
Noone messaged me back the bastards.

It'll only come to about 60 quid but its better than a kick in the bollocks.

Oh I had the same issue when I sold to them actually. I gave up on them but a guy on a trading Discord I'm on (quite a few people on there had sold to them which was reassuring) gave me a link to DM the guy on Discord.

If you have Discord, the guys username is: TheCrazyTrad3r#1862

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #173 on: March 18, 2021, 05:16:50 pm »
I said I wasn't going to buy it this year. I only play career mode and the updates each year and some of the AI is dogshit.

However I've been keeping my eye on it as I have a Series X so hoped for a better game, but mainly because we won the league this year. Our players stats should be higher and commentary surrounding our win has me intrigued.

Its now £17.99 through the game store so I downloaded it.

The bastards.

I'm preparing to be disappointed, but hey...
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #174 on: March 18, 2021, 08:52:48 pm »
Now also available on Google Stadia. Could be the move for the huge chunk of FIFA players that don't consider themselves gamers, instead of splashing out on a next-gen console just for FIFA. Interested to see how it develops, but would be a no-brainer for me if they introduced cross-play for 22.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2021, 11:45:03 pm »
Was always planning on getting this at some point, but now it’s basically halfway through its life I probably won’t bother, especially as 60 quid.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2021, 11:46:28 pm »
Pick a cheap 2nd copy of the PS4 version up, you can then download the PS5 version at no cost.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2021, 12:27:04 am »
Was always planning on getting this at some point, but now it’s basically halfway through its life I probably won’t bother, especially as 60 quid.
Its £17.99 on Xbox store. I purchased it last night.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2021, 11:07:03 am »
Pick a cheap 2nd copy of the PS4 version up, you can then download the PS5 version at no cost.

How does this work? Do you need a code? If I buy it pre-owned will I be able to upgrade it to PS5 version still?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2021, 01:13:00 pm »
How does this work? Do you need a code? If I buy it pre-owned will I be able to upgrade it to PS5 version still?

If you have the PS4 version installed, you goto PS store and the PS5 version will be available in the store for free

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2021, 06:30:21 pm »
Got 70 odd quid for my 2.8m ultimate team coins.

Happy enough with that, don't miss it at all.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2021, 07:00:20 pm »

How the hell did you manage to amass such wealth?!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2021, 07:15:14 pm »
How the hell did you manage to amass such wealth?!

I played most weekends, and then sold all my players to make the coins to sell to a coin seller.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2021, 07:46:59 pm »

Damn it, I could get that just for Mid Eto'o and Firmino TOTW.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2021, 10:51:56 am »
On the UT Coins chat - one year I was set up for the entire duration of the game before it was even out. They released the app on the PC before the game was actually out, and players could be bought for very low prices as there was obviously no way of making coins with no actual game to play, beyond the trading itself.

I stocked up on PL players via some bits of trading, then when the game was released, sold them all on at massive profits. I seem to remember I had over 1 million coins day one and funded a Bundesliga and Serie A team and never really worried for coins again. This must have been maybe 13/14 perhaps?

Fond memories of manipulating the market like a little shit, buying up all the Daniel Sturridges (still at Chelsea as a winger at this stage) then selling at massive profit.

I had lots of spare time then as a young student.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2021, 05:44:38 pm »
Just got this for PS5. I already had PES21 with the latest option file. PES is definitely better gameplay, the players and the ball feel “free-er” in PES than they do on FIFA. But with the Champions League mode, Anfield and the atmosphere, Klopp etc. I think I’ll end up playing FIFA more as those details make up for the difference in gameplay.

I’ll probably go back to PES if they get the licence for Liverpool again in the future.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2021, 06:09:18 pm »
Have they slowed down the gameplay? Haven't played for some weeks and it feels slower..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2021, 10:19:44 am »
I actually am quite enjoying it.

There could be a couple of factors though. I'm playing on next gen and it does look a bit prettier!

I also like the new default camera angle, much prefer it infact.

I only play career mode and I like the fact you can choose to start a career with a takeover. That's quite cool. I'm not very good to be honest so it's always nice to have a head start.

I started playing on Professional but it wa just far to easy so I've switched it up to World Class. I find it much, much better to play. It's pretty tough but I'm enjoying it and feel way more invested.

"Salahs in here......"

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2021, 04:21:53 pm »
After years away from FIFA, also happy to see they fixed it so we kick towards the Kop in the second half and they reduced the distance between the pitch and the stands at Anfield.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #189 on: March 31, 2021, 01:27:17 pm »
The age old debate PART 745:

Just picked up PES 2021 to play on my PS5.

Played a game of Bayern (me) v Arsenal (cpu) on Top Player. I think it is still a better game than Fifa - when you have the licensed sides especially:

-The ball moves better, seems to have more inertia and to behave 'naturally'
-Defending is much better, the size and quality of your defender or midfielder to nick the ball is there (not really in Fifa)
-It is slower because the ball doesn't ping as if on rails
-Little things, like the ball landing off the shoulder of your defender behind him play a part, as in real footie
-The BURST of pace using R1 with a good player like Leroy Sané is awesome, R2 for a slow dribble

I think Konami's engine is better for animation and for an exciting, unpredictable game of footie, EA's has more slickness, and everything outside of the pitch looks better.

My bet will be that PES 2022 could be amazing, so long as kits are fully customisable.

I also play and enjoy Fifa 21 but now that I signed Haaland for Liverpool life has become too easy!

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #190 on: April 7, 2021, 02:32:15 pm »
Seems everyone plays with the same tactic looking to score the same goal. Don't think I've had an opponent cross the ball even once in over one hundred games. Even the games I do win there's very little satisfaction from them. Utter sweat fest of a game.

I'm so ready to return home to PES.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: April 7, 2021, 02:41:02 pm »
I'd like to see EA lose the licence or someone pump some heavy funding into a genuine Fifa/PES competitor. I don't trust Konami to be able to deliver the complete package and absolutely don't trust EA Sports to deliver the game they talk up every season.

Personally I'd like to see a realistic sim, with heavy weighting and a real difference between individual players - no ridiculous arcade moves and finishes, actual defending that reflects reality etc and an in-depth, immersive career mode.

PES is great on the pitch but there is zero immersion because the overall package is rather shoddily assembled. Fifa has the slick look and some decent elements to the gameplay, but bows to the market pressure to deliver a ridiculous arcade game for all the 10 year olds playing Ultimate Team. I wouldn't be averse to what some racing games used to do - have an arcade mode or sim, for whatever the user wants. On arcade, it speeds up, more outlandish skill moves, passes and goals become possible, with most scorelines heavy and games resembling basketball in their end-to-end nature.

Sim would be slower, weightier, heavier, more realistic. More tactical and score lines reflecting closer to reality. I hate playing career mode and feeling like binning it off because after 10 games I've scored 55 goals but also conceded 30. 

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #192 on: April 7, 2021, 03:31:59 pm »
Years back I said the same and was very much wanting 2K to have a pop at it as they were producing brilliant single player experiences in their NBA games, they’ve seemingly gone off the rails too though.

Way back in the early 2000’s you could barely go a week without a new football title released and a lot of them seemed to have a variety of licenses.
AHA!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #193 on: April 7, 2021, 09:29:31 pm »
I hate playing career mode and feeling like binning it off because after 10 games I've scored 55 goals but also conceded 30.

You're not playing fifa you're playing Brendan Rodgers LMA Manager 2014 there.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 8, 2021, 10:19:56 am »
You're not playing fifa you're playing Brendan Rodgers LMA Manager 2014 there.
Maybe I am a goalscoring prodigy who simply cannot defend  ;D

No, a lot of criticism I've seen from people about career mode is all the 6 - 4s, 7 - 2s and 5 -3s etc, too many outlandish, rarely seen scorelines being the absolute norm.

Midfields are just absolutely bypassed in this game, they may as well not exist.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: April 8, 2021, 10:22:00 am »
Maybe I am a goalscoring prodigy who simply cannot defend  ;D

No, a lot of criticism I've seen from people about career mode is all the 6 - 4s, 7 - 2s and 5 -3s etc, too many outlandish, rarely seen scorelines being the absolute norm.

Midfields are just absolutely bypassed in this game, they may as well not exist.

Use my midfielders to track back and nick the ball. But you're right, you can just get the ball forward quickly, there is no real scrap in midfield.

Houssem Aouar is a beast in this, you can play him at '10' or '9'. Jota is really good as well.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 8, 2021, 10:26:02 am »
Use my midfielders to track back and nick the ball. But you're right, you can just get the ball forward quickly, there is no real scrap in midfield.

Houssem Aouar is a beast in this, you can play him at '10' or '9'. Jota is really good as well.
It's not for lack of trying or experimenting - the 'instructions' you can put on players don't work, even playing a defensive 4-3-3 and telling both holding midfielders to stay back and shield the defence, never join in on attacks, they're always there on the edge of the opponents box when I move forward, then if there's a turnover, they're completely bypassed.

There's a lot about the game that's good, but so much that completely kills the immersion.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 8, 2021, 10:36:23 am »
It's not for lack of trying or experimenting - the 'instructions' you can put on players don't work, even playing a defensive 4-3-3 and telling both holding midfielders to stay back and shield the defence, never join in on attacks, they're always there on the edge of the opponents box when I move forward, then if there's a turnover, they're completely bypassed.

There's a lot about the game that's good, but so much that completely kills the immersion.

In mind, I always felt like PES was a simulation of the game of football whereas Fifa was a video game. That's an exaggeration of course but on the best PES games, you would sign a player you liked in real life, or wanted Liverpool to sign, in the expectation they would play like their real counterparts.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2021, 02:37:33 am »
Lot of psg fans and french people
Playing nowadays...
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2021, 09:52:29 pm »
Lot of psg fans and french people
Playing nowadays...
The pace in that team is ridiculous and you can just spam through balls if the other team is playing a high line. Thats another thing to hate about this game.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.