Author Topic: Tiger King  (Read 13071 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tiger King
« Reply #120 on: May 5, 2020, 05:59:37 pm »
Rob Lowe supposed to be trying to do one as well plus there are plans to make one about mad Carol.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: May 5, 2020, 06:29:33 pm »
Watched this on Iplayer last night, he comes across a lot different in that than he did in Tiger King.

Those idiots with the Primates, they are a fucking ticking timebomb those things.
Watched this years ago, was that at the end when he went to meet that couple with two huge chimps running wild in the house?
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 5, 2020, 06:38:19 pm »
Watched this years ago, was that at the end when he went to meet that couple with two huge chimps running wild in the house?

There were a couple of loons. There was that couple with the big chimp that smashed the window of the room Louis was taking refuge in with its hands and also that weird woman who bred them, had about 20 of them and smaller monkeys and they were all going nuts in the cages. There was one chimp she was obviously scared of.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 5, 2020, 06:46:59 pm »
Yeah that was it, one one that smashed the window, fuck going in a room with that.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 5, 2020, 07:19:23 pm »
Chimps are proper scary animals. The breeder was saying hers pretend to be nice to you so they can lure you into the cages and then do what they want with you...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #125 on: May 5, 2020, 10:22:45 pm »
Chimps are proper scary animals. The breeder was saying hers pretend to be nice to you so they can lure you into the cages and then do what they want with you...

Was binging Dynasties (Attenborough) today and yeah they really are. Big bastards too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 5, 2020, 10:56:43 pm »
It's interesting how even a big silverback gorilla, head of his clan, won't harm you unless you do something really threatening or stupid. You'll see nature videos where he'll pound his chest, yell, and might drag a tourist around a bit by his shirt but usually that's it. He just wants to show he's dominant over you. Gorillas are pretty mellow. 

I wouldn't trust an adult male chimp one bit. They can be a bit unhinged.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2020, 05:21:05 am »
Just watched the first episode of this. To paraphrase, it’s arseholes all the way down.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2020, 05:26:56 pm »
Was binging Dynasties (Attenborough) today and yeah they really are. Big bastards too.

It's interesting how even a big silverback gorilla, head of his clan, won't harm you unless you do something really threatening or stupid. You'll see nature videos where he'll pound his chest, yell, and might drag a tourist around a bit by his shirt but usually that's it. He just wants to show he's dominant over you. Gorillas are pretty mellow. 

I wouldn't trust an adult male chimp one bit. They can be a bit unhinged.

I watched one programme where they said Chimps are the only other animal that will commit murder. There is stuff on Youtube where they beat another chimp to death and then abuse the body.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: June 2, 2020, 03:27:30 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52888484

A zoo formerly owned by the star of Netflix documentary Tiger King is to be handed over to the woman he was convicted of trying to have killed.

A federal judge has given Carole Baskin control of Joe Exotic's old zoo in Oklahoma as part of a ruling in a $1m (£800,000) trademark dispute.

Joe Exotic is currently serving a 22-year sentence for his involvement in a murder-for-hire plot and animal abuse.

The zoo's current operator has been ordered to leave within 120 days.

Tiger King, which became a huge hit on Netflix in March, tells of Joe Exotic's colourful life and his rivalry with Baskin, the owner of an animal sanctuary in Florida.

The rivalry extended to Exotic - real name Joseph Maldonado-Passage - using logos that resembled those owned by Baskin's Big Cat Rescue company.

Baskin sued Exotic for trademark infringement in 2011, a case that ended two years later with the latter being ordered to pay Big Cat Rescue $1m.

In 2016, Big Cat Rescue sued Exotic's mother Shirley Schreibvogel, claiming he had fraudulently transferred his zoo to her to avoid paying Baskin and other creditors.

According to documents posted online, US District Judge Scott L Palk found the transfer had been made to "remove [the zoo] from the reach of Big Cat Rescue".

Jeff Lowe, Joe Exotic's former business partner, has been told to vacate the premises in Wynnewood, Oklahoma, and remove all of his exotic animals.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: June 2, 2020, 03:31:40 pm »
That bitch Carole Baskin won.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: June 2, 2020, 03:40:02 pm »

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: June 2, 2020, 03:47:13 pm »
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that Lowe had moved all the animals to another site anyway?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: June 2, 2020, 03:51:35 pm »
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that Lowe had moved all the animals to another site anyway?

Lost track of it, but yes Tiger King Park opened in May. Last I saw was ages ago and the animals were still there, I forgot they were moving.

Maybe she'll dig her husband up and rebury him in GW Zoo?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #134 on: June 2, 2020, 03:53:50 pm »
Yeah the award is just for the land / properties on the land and none of the animals. These are all going, or have already gone, to the new Tiger King Park that Lowe is opening.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 2, 2020, 05:38:26 pm »
I'd say shouting at someone out of the window is a twat thing to do but he looks SO MUCh like Joe Exotic I think he must have done it on purpose ;D

The comeback (“oh, it’s bob the builder”) was a belter from the lookalike. The lad filming it was rattled. Haha.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 2, 2020, 05:46:31 pm »
It’s Nicholas Cage playing a character who is already batshit crazy. I’m not sure there’s a way it won’t be good.

Yeah, if Joe Exotic didn’t exist, he’d still end up being a character played by Cage. He’ll probably end up living with a tiger for the role given his history for method acting:

“ For Birdy, in order to physically feel the pain of his character (a veteran from Vietnam War), Cage removed two teeth without any anesthesia. He also spent five weeks with his face wrapped in bandages, receiving brutal reactions by various people for his aspect. When he took the bandages off, his skin was infected because of acne and ingrowing hairs.”

I read that he’s been appearing in tons of b-movie/straight to video stuff in recent years because he was in massive debt.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 2, 2020, 06:03:15 pm »
I’m watching Roar. Wtf. Hahaha. Why did they make this film, it’s surprising no one died.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 2, 2020, 06:37:53 pm »
I’m watching Roar. Wtf. Hahaha. Why did they make this film, it’s surprising no one died.

Never seen it, but when you Google it, Melanie Griffith had 50 stitches in her face after being mauled and almost lost an eye, Hedren got injured, someone else got scalped and needed around 230 stitches. Madness

Edit : 100 stitches for Griffith

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MeX4Zveho7k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MeX4Zveho7k</a>
« Last Edit: June 2, 2020, 06:43:08 pm by rob1966 »

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #139 on: June 2, 2020, 08:08:04 pm »
The notion that this trashy flash in the pan will be of interest after the run in needed for filming schedules bewilders me. Already it has aged like milk. I couldn't be bothered with any of the spin offs or extra episodes. Leave the disposable plastic characters to rot. All the people who ran all the private zoos in this were vile staff exploiters. They should all be prevented from running a business or charity for not giving anyone beyond themselves a living wage.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 2, 2020, 08:14:07 pm »
The notion that this trashy flash in the pan will be of interest after the run in needed for filming schedules bewilders me. Already it has aged like milk. I couldn't be bothered with any of the spin offs or extra episodes. Leave the disposable plastic characters to rot. All the people who ran all the private zoos in this were vile staff exploiters. They should all be prevented from running a business or charity for not giving anyone beyond themselves a living wage.

Fair enough but it wouldn’t have been half as entertaining as it was if it was a program on normal zoo’s.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #141 on: June 2, 2020, 08:54:04 pm »
Fair enough but it wouldn’t have been half as entertaining as it was if it was a program on normal zoo’s.
Yes you are right, but I dislike myself for watching car crash stuff which this pretty much was.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 3, 2020, 04:28:03 am »
I'd love to think that the show pretty much killed off the business of the new zoo that Lowe set up, but somehow I bet it's doing better than ever.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: June 3, 2020, 09:19:43 am »
I have no idea why anyone would want to make an adapted series of this. They say truth is stranger than fiction and the documentary is already crazy enough.

I do think Joe was stitched up, and while he deserves to be in prison for *something*, I think 22 years for conspiracy to murder is a bit much. Baskin, Lowe and Doc Antle are all worse people IMO.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2020, 03:29:50 pm »
Giving birthday shoutout for money surly nothing could ho wrong

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/com--q7aIkQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/com--q7aIkQ</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2020, 04:51:03 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/com--q7aIkQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/com--q7aIkQ</a>

Who's next, Mike Hunt?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2020, 05:50:38 pm »

Just came to post this  :lmao

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2020, 06:52:09 pm »
Documentary on Discovery this Sunday at 9pm, Surviving Joe Exotic, focusing on the animals and what happened to them.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #148 on: April 5, 2021, 09:37:28 pm »
Louis Theroux revisiting the crazy world of Joe Exotic and Carole Baskin on BBC

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2021, 03:21:14 pm »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #150 on: February 4, 2022, 12:50:58 pm »
Thought this was a SNL skit at first

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OMinK58fGtg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OMinK58fGtg</a>