Author Topic: Skybet Championship Thread  (Read 185833 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Skybet Championship 2019/20 Season Thread
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2020, 01:24:37 pm »
Who are we hoping comes up then? I'd love to see Leeds and Forest come up. Not bothered who takes the 3rd spot aslong as it's not Millwall.

Being selfish I just want teams that are handy to get to, so Leeds, Forest and Preston ideally or West Brom at a push. Blackburn and Sheff Wed look too far down to be in with a chance.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2020, 07:38:06 pm »
Forest and Leeds should always be in the top tier *takes cover*
Why? They don't have any right to it, they can earn it like the other clubs.

Who are we hoping comes up then? I'd love to see Leeds and Forest come up. Not bothered who takes the 3rd spot aslong as it's not Millwall.
Can't stand Leeds or Forest personally but it's never dull watching Leeds so wouldn't be devastated if they did, and that win last night could be a big turning point for them, they completely hammered a good Millwall side in the 2nd half, so I think they will come up. I hope Brentford take the 2nd spot and the anyone down to Cardiff has a chance of making the play-offs and so long as it ain't Forest, I don't care who the 3rd team is.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2020, 12:40:05 am »
Leeds and Brentford for sure. Wouldn’t mind West Brom or Fulham.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2020, 12:23:15 pm »
Why? They don't have any right to it, they can earn it like the other clubs.

Erm...yeah. That's how it literally works. I was just posting what was my liking.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2020, 05:25:36 pm »
Erm...yeah. That's how it literally works. I was just posting what was my liking.
Fair enough, I get you. It's just the way you originally wrote it was like they have some right to be there, not just that you wanted them to be there.  :)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #205 on: February 1, 2020, 02:24:44 pm »
5-1 win for Brentford away at Hull. Good time to play them given they sold their two best players yesterday. Hat trick for Benhrama, scored one against them last season too.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #206 on: February 1, 2020, 02:35:47 pm »
5-1 win for Brentford away at Hull. Good time to play them given they sold their two best players yesterday. Hat trick for Benhrama, scored one against them last season too.

If the three teams at the bottom weren't all absolutely dire, I would be lumping on Hull to get relegated.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #207 on: February 1, 2020, 02:39:29 pm »

Should have been 5-0 but for a howler by the Brentford keeper

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/1223592395276783616?s=09  :lmao
#Sausages

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #208 on: February 1, 2020, 02:42:11 pm »
Should have been 5-0 but for a howler by the Brentford keeper

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/1223592395276783616?s=09  :lmao

Haha, that’s a belter!

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #209 on: February 1, 2020, 02:48:52 pm »
Benhrama is one of them who looks like he's playing Fifa Street whenever he plays
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 1, 2020, 05:07:50 pm »
Benhrama is one of them who looks like he's playing Fifa Street whenever he plays

He has decent game intelligence and work rate too. Surprised no PL team have taken a punt on him yet.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 1, 2020, 05:09:33 pm »
Great to see Leeds losing at home against Wigan  ;D, hoping Fulham or Brentford pip them to 2nd place. Would like to see West Brom go up as well as I've got a soft spot for Billic.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #212 on: February 1, 2020, 11:06:16 pm »
Leeds are going to fuck it up again aren't they. They'll miss automatic promotion and then lose at the first asking in the play-offs.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 1, 2020, 11:11:37 pm »
Gordon Bennett, Leeds again! ;D Cracking win midweek against Millwall followed by... that. They're determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Got 3 difficult fixtures (Forest away, Brentford away, Bristol at home) coming up too.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 2, 2020, 01:20:08 am »
Leeds are going to fuck it up again aren't they. They'll miss automatic promotion and then lose at the first asking in the play-offs.

And they've just signed a massive new kit deal with Adidas for next season.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 7, 2020, 07:49:14 pm »
Bristol City take the lead after 40 seconds. Horrendous backpass by the Birmingham defender
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #216 on: February 7, 2020, 09:44:34 pm »
Lukas Jutkiewicz sounds nothing like I was expecting!

Bristol City look crap every time I see them yet they are still well in the Play Off mix. If they came up they’d have the potential because they have a wealthy owner but they’d need to massively improve their squad otherwise they’d be relegated by about February.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #217 on: February 8, 2020, 06:02:59 pm »
Watching Leeds forest at the moment

Classic old school club fixture

Such a staggering gulf between watching top of prem teams to top of championship.

Bamford at Leeds does seem to struggle with the killer instinct. Just seen Sammy ameobi score. Nice solid finish.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #218 on: February 8, 2020, 06:04:05 pm »
Fulham and Brentford won earlier. If Forest beat Leeds here we suddenly have a 5 way tussle for the top two places.

Offline Bootleorbust

• Main Stander
  • Not quite sorted
« Reply #219 on: February 8, 2020, 07:09:52 pm »
Couple of bizarrely similar missed opportunities.... Open goal for Forest with Leeds goalie lying on the floor. Grabban shoots hits the keeper. Then open goal for Leeds with Forest goalie lying on the floor but he manages to punch it away before it fully crosses the line!

Offline Bootleorbust

• Main Stander
  • Not quite sorted
« Reply #220 on: February 8, 2020, 07:24:11 pm »
2-0 Forest. What is happening to Leeds again?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #221 on: February 8, 2020, 07:30:54 pm »
2-0 Forest. What is happening to Leeds again?

Brentford v Leeds on Tuesday night. They won’t fancy that.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 8, 2020, 07:31:27 pm »
A Bielsa team bottling it when it matters, color me surprised!
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 8, 2020, 07:39:33 pm »
Willing to bet my house on Leeds missing out on promotion again. Massive bottlers. Think Fulham will go up again

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 8, 2020, 07:40:02 pm »
Has Casilla ever had a game where he's not made a clanger? Every time I've seen a goal they've conceded he's usually played a bad part in it!

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 8, 2020, 07:56:05 pm »
Sabri Lamouchi is quality doing a great job with Forrest hope them or Fulham finish 2nd.

Loving the Leeds/Bielsa implosion, instead of EL Loco his nickname should be EL Choko  ;D

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #226 on: February 8, 2020, 08:22:43 pm »
Forest had better not come up.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 8, 2020, 08:39:57 pm »
Forest had better not come up.
Why? A historic side who we have had some sporting rivalry with in the past, wouldn't mind either them or Leeds coming up.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #228 on: February 8, 2020, 08:42:04 pm »
Why? A historic side who we have had some sporting rivalry with in the past, wouldn't mind either them or Leeds coming up.

My ex was a Forest fan and it led to me spending a fair amount of time in Nottingham, they’re an absolutely vile bunch who come out with shouts that would make the most deranged United fan blush. Leeds please.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #229 on: February 8, 2020, 08:48:45 pm »
My ex was a Forest fan and it led to me spending a fair amount of time in Nottingham, they’re an absolutely vile bunch who come out with shouts that would make the most deranged United fan blush. Leeds please.

I worked for a Nottingham based company a while back so have a dislike of them too. And I’m still petty enough to wish ill on them because at another place a Forest fan was laughing with a United fan about how shit we were in about 2010.

And we never won there, we usually did at Leeds and Fulham.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 8, 2020, 10:59:43 pm »
Millwall v West Brom tomorrow, should be a good one. If West Brom don't win then they're really under pressure too. It would be funny to see them both balls up promotion and Brentford and Fulham to take the top two spots.

Lots of the fans of Forest (and Leeds, and Villa) have a sense of entitlement about "belonging" in the top flight and delusions about the size of their clubs. That's why I personally hope neither of them come up.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2020, 03:32:09 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/10/boy-suffers-head-injury-from-police-baton-after-barnsley-football-match

Pretty fucking brutal that! I mean always hard to tell the circumstances, so it's still unclear, but given the context in the video the force used was disgraceful. Seen as this was caught on camera and with witnesses there is almost no doubt the officer will face absolutely zero charges whatsoever.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2020, 04:42:08 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/10/boy-suffers-head-injury-from-police-baton-after-barnsley-football-match

Pretty fucking brutal that! I mean always hard to tell the circumstances, so it's still unclear, but given the context in the video the force used was disgraceful. Seen as this was caught on camera and with witnesses there is almost no doubt the officer will face absolutely zero charges whatsoever.

There's some footage out there on YT of police walloping some Preston fans at Wigan too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2020, 12:52:58 pm »
"Ooohhh, Brentford vs Leeds tonight, it should be a great game which could prove to be pivotal in the end. Will definitely watch."

Sky Sports and rest of the channels abroad: Nah, we're going for Swansea vs QPR.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2020, 12:57:26 pm »
"Ooohhh, Brentford vs Leeds tonight, it should be a great game which could prove to be pivotal in the end. Will definitely watch."

Sky Sports and rest of the channels abroad: Nah, we're going for Swansea vs QPR.

Does seem ridiculous. Other games are available on the red button on Sky for those who have that option.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2020, 01:55:07 pm »
Does seem ridiculous. Other games are available on the red button on Sky for those who have that option.

Yeah I know. I don't live in the UK so the decision of the channels abroad perplex me even more. I could understand Sky Sports having a quota to fill in terms of how many times they show a team for example but for the foreign ones? Nah.

What puzzles me even more, last Saturday, all the foreign channels who were showing a 3 o'clock game from the Championship picked the bloody Reading-Hull one. What the hell? Do they not have a choice what to show after all? There was Brentford vs Boro available and the former are certainly an attraction this year. That was a more important game than showing 2 mid table teams going for nothing.

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2020, 02:14:51 pm »
Leeds and Forest are big clubs though, so of course we hate them they are historic rivals. I'd love Everton or United to get relegated for banter purposes, but if it took them a decade or two to come back it'd be kinda sad.

Obviously Forest isnt United or Everton, but they were huge rivals of ours back in the day and it would be really satisfying to belt them twice annually as a result. Would feel a lot more special than merely beating a Bournemouth or a Norwich.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2020, 07:50:16 pm »
The red button coverage is crap. No on screen graphics, only one camera, no replays, and it's a minute behind real-time.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2020, 07:51:36 pm »
Sounds like there's  about 20 people at the Swansea game, what a depressing atmosphere, sounds like a training match.

At least Brewster is starting though!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 11, 2020, 08:12:18 pm »
1-0 Brentford.