Author Topic: Racism in Football  (Read 149123 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Racism in Football
« Reply #1560 on: April 12, 2021, 08:40:37 am »
Given they spoke about Park eating dogs supposedly as a term of endearment it’s hardly a surprise it’s thrown about so casually.

That said, not really fair singling out one club because we’ve seen in recent weeks that any knobhead with a keyboard can send out some vile abuse.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1561 on: April 12, 2021, 01:57:24 pm »
Your nasty home ?

Somebody has never been out of the country and is fucking clueless about South Korea,it's clean and modern as fuck.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1562 on: April 12, 2021, 02:06:37 pm »
Heung-min Son was subjected to loads of abuse last night because of his role in United's disallowed goal. Sorry for posting some of these, but it's to get an idea of what's really going on. Racists have always been racists but the level of bigotry, hatred, xenophobia and just flat-out racism in recent times must be at an all-time high.

The 50s,60s,70s and 80s say hi.

Like you say,racists always gonna be acting like c*nts but racism in the UK is at an all time low I'd say and it will become less and less with each new generation.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1563 on: April 12, 2021, 07:01:05 pm »

Like you say,racists always gonna be acting like c*nts but racism in the UK is at an all time low I'd say and it will become less and less with each new generation.

i'd agree - as we become more and more a multicultural society we will become less insular and therefore more accepting

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: April 12, 2021, 07:37:57 pm »
Like social media companies cant do anything, that's the biggest joke of them all. I'm sure if they were promoting terrorism, they'd be banned and arrested. When will the Government all across the world take action, unless they dont want to?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1565 on: April 12, 2021, 07:41:53 pm »

And how many of these posters are actually in the UK?

If they are they should be identified and put in the pillory.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1566 on: April 12, 2021, 09:06:22 pm »
And how many of these posters are actually in the UK?

If they are they should be identified and put in the pillory.

Who knows mate,what we do know is that Twitter have handed over details of a few people to UK Police who have then arrested and charged people,one bloke got jail time after posting over 600 racist brainfarts on FB & twitter over 1 weekend.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1567 on: April 14, 2021, 02:46:44 pm »
@JamesOlley
Slavia Prague's Ondřej Kúdela banned for ten UEFA club and representative team competition matches for racist behaviour. Includes the one-match provisional suspension served in last week's EL quarter-final v Arsenal. Glen Kamara banned for three games for assaulting a player.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1568 on: April 14, 2021, 02:59:15 pm »
Heung-min Son was subjected to loads of abuse last night because of his role in United's disallowed goal. Sorry for posting some of these, but it's to get an idea of what's really going on. Racists have always been racists but the level of bigotry, hatred, xenophobia and just flat-out racism in recent times must be at an all-time high.

Bottom one. It’s mad how that was a chant showing SUPPORT for a Man Utd player back in the day, while stereotyping Koreans and the city of Liverpool in the process . Mental

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #1569 on: April 14, 2021, 03:14:23 pm »
@JamesOlley
Slavia Prague's Ondřej Kúdela banned for ten UEFA club and representative team competition matches for racist behaviour. Includes the one-match provisional suspension served in last week's EL quarter-final v Arsenal. Glen Kamara banned for three games for assaulting a player.

Well, that will certainly show him.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1570 on: April 14, 2021, 03:21:58 pm »
Well, that will certainly show him.
He'll miss the Euros for starters.  But apparently it's the minimum suspension for racist language.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 03:23:54 pm by Ray K »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #1571 on: April 14, 2021, 04:32:22 pm »
He'll miss the Euros for starters.  But apparently it's the minimum suspension for racist language.

Ten games is the minimum or the maximum suspension? Reading conflicting things. Either way, I think Kudela got off lightly. And Kamara got a three match ban as well. Read just now it was supposed to be five, but the appeal brought it down to three.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #1572 on: April 14, 2021, 04:37:02 pm »
Ten games is the minimum or the maximum suspension? Reading conflicting things. Either way, I think Kudela got off lightly. And Kamara got a three match ban as well. Read just now it was supposed to be five, but the appeal brought it down to three.

Just to add: it's the minimum. Kamara's lawyer initially stated in a tweet that it was the maximum penalty, but has since corrected the mistake.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: April 21, 2021, 03:30:52 pm »
Fair play to Bamford the other night, if only people, professional bodies and Government became this incensed at all the racism in the game as they did with the Super League, we would be in such a great place. Although we cant unfortunately eradicate racism, the token gestures and empty promises are disappointing

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1574 on: April 21, 2021, 03:32:07 pm »
Fair play to Bamford the other night, if only people, professional bodies and Government became this incensed at all the racism in the game as they did with the Super League, we would be in such a great place. Although we cant unfortunately eradicate racism, the token gestures and empty promises are disappointing

Here, here.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: April 21, 2021, 05:31:30 pm »

most people care more about the lottery, ant and dec or what's for their tea than they do about eradicating racism - not that they're racists it's more that they just don't do anything about it

if we waited for people to act then, well... well, we'd be right here where we are actually

things are changing but with football you've got to remember that football still doesn't deal with homophobia and open homosexuality

not to derail the debate - more a comment on the 'working class' game

Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1576 on: April 21, 2021, 05:38:59 pm »
most people care more about the lottery, ant and dec or what's for their tea than they do about eradicating racism - not that they're racists it's more that they just don't do anything about it

if we waited for people to act then, well... well, we'd be right here where we are actually

things are changing but with football you've got to remember that football still doesn't deal with homophobia and open homosexuality

not to derail the debate - more a comment on the 'working class' game

Not just people, but those who can force change and hold people to account. I'd like players wearing t shirts, club captains to tweet it constantly, Government to enforce legislation, harsher bans from footballing bodies.

Keita, Trent were racially abused very recently, but hardly made a ripple. Players are constantly abused, but still no change. Players being asked to kneel before each match, yet support the very platforms who seem reluctant to do anything about it

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1577 on: April 24, 2021, 10:04:52 pm »
Social media boycott from all English clubs and organisations from 3pm next Friday to midnight Monday
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1578 on: April 24, 2021, 10:08:40 pm »
Social media boycott from all English clubs and organisations from 3pm next Friday to midnight Monday

And the players as well, I hope. And it should be longer than 3 1/2 days.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1579 on: April 24, 2021, 10:31:01 pm »

Could that be extended until forever?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1580 on: April 25, 2021, 08:30:02 am »
It must feel quite insulting to the players who have been subjected to racism to see the huge reaction to the super league. I've seen outrage on new levels and people roundly calling for gigantic punishments for anyone involved in something... and it isn't racism. Where is all of this push for sufficient action when players are subjected to racist abuse?

It will seemingly only be taken seriously when it starts costing those in charge money. Social media boycotts for a set time wont achieve much imo. The whole point would surely be to force action from the platforms or deter people from hurling abuse... both of which cant be done with a date to return to said platforms. Players shouldn't have to deactivate accounts to stop all of this shit happening, granted there will always be racist people but it should be dealt with accordingly when it happens.

In 48 hours an idea that was insulting to the sport was shut down and comdemned massively, it's a huge shame a fraction of that energy is put towards combatting a problem that goes way beyond football and look almost anywhere across the internet, the 'super league' is discussed and condemned way more than discriminating against people due to the colour of their skin. Its disgusting the way its dealt with from players getting bigger fines for showing a betting company on their boxers right through to players being booked for asking that the game be halted in the closing minutes due to the level of abuse they are being subjected to.

Credit to Patrick Bamford for highlighting the problems himself, it's amazing how so few others mentioned the problem

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: April 25, 2021, 09:42:38 am »
It must feel quite insulting to the players who have been subjected to racism to see the huge reaction to the super league. I've seen outrage on new levels and people roundly calling for gigantic punishments for anyone involved in something... and it isn't racism. Where is all of this push for sufficient action when players are subjected to racist abuse?

It will seemingly only be taken seriously when it starts costing those in charge money. Social media boycotts for a set time wont achieve much imo. The whole point would surely be to force action from the platforms or deter people from hurling abuse... both of which cant be done with a date to return to said platforms. Players shouldn't have to deactivate accounts to stop all of this shit happening, granted there will always be racist people but it should be dealt with accordingly when it happens.

In 48 hours an idea that was insulting to the sport was shut down and comdemned massively, it's a huge shame a fraction of that energy is put towards combatting a problem that goes way beyond football and look almost anywhere across the internet, the 'super league' is discussed and condemned way more than discriminating against people due to the colour of their skin. Its disgusting the way its dealt with from players getting bigger fines for showing a betting company on their boxers right through to players being booked for asking that the game be halted in the closing minutes due to the level of abuse they are being subjected to.

Credit to Patrick Bamford for highlighting the problems himself, it's amazing how so few others mentioned the problem

the longest journey has to begin with a single step - time and patience

a short band today may lead to a longer ban tomorrow and a complete ban in time - it's all raising awareness of the issue

companies are driven by money not morals (yes, not all, but the majority) so anything that affects their shares and profits will be felt

things will change - they may be forced to change but at least they will

the subject needs to be raised every single minute of every day though

and also 'popular' political figures like that twat boris and kier will be 'forced' to address this matter especially if it means they get votes which equates to getting into power

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: April 25, 2021, 06:23:30 pm »
the longest journey has to begin with a single step - time and patience

a short band today may lead to a longer ban tomorrow and a complete ban in time - it's all raising awareness of the issue

companies are driven by money not morals (yes, not all, but the majority) so anything that affects their shares and profits will be felt

things will change - they may be forced to change but at least they will

the subject needs to be raised every single minute of every day though

and also 'popular' political figures like that twat boris and kier will be 'forced' to address this matter especially if it means they get votes which equates to getting into power

This hardly affects their pockets, that's my point. If its an indefinite thing, they don't know IF these oganisations will ever return, which had the potential to hurt the pockets of social media platforms, a window of inactivity removes the question of whether the organisations will return.

As for politicians, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson has a history of ridiculously racist comments, he COULD pretend to be all for helping with the issue but anyone with any sense will see through it and it wouldn't be the first time he's made promises then changed his mind

I fully understand that things need to be done step by step BUT even that small first step needs to be executed in the right way. Not many people will take much notice of this to be honest, it will be hailed as a move to combat it but it's not going to spark large action IMO, I hope i'm wrong but I just dont see it

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #1583 on: April 28, 2021, 09:19:56 pm »

Grant Ward the latest, after the Blackpool/Sunderland match.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: April 30, 2021, 09:17:29 am »
This social media boycott over the weekend is such a load of shite. I've got a better idea, just shut all your social media accounts indefinitely, that'll help fix the problem. As always in today's society, half arsed measures produce half arsed results. If they could form a unilateral movement across football in the UK, I've no doubt it'll spread across the footballing World over time. I guess the problem is some are contractually tied to their social media accounts because of endorsements etc. As usual, money talks.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1585 on: May 1, 2021, 09:07:06 am »
https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/56949358

This one where Wright discusses one of the abuses he gets, with Shearer. One that came to him last morning, Friday morning.

I remember having a discussion with one of my friend's ex way back in 2012 and he was a marketing manager for one of the hockey clubs in Germany. And he said that online abuse will amplify what people really feel about any issue. Be it good to bad. And he went on to give me some of the examples of racist/homophobic/hatred messages his club received on Facebook.

I realised something that day that racism, homophobia, bigotry and hatred of all forms in general, isn't passed on, like hereditary. It's taught. One generation of 100% hatred-less society will remove that forever and future generations won't ever know what it is and why it's utter evil in the spirit of the game and in the spirit of humanity. Until that happens, we need laws that are strong and ironclad.

Simply a boycott isn't going to be enough. It's a half-arsed measure that doesn't do anything. Only prevents an individual from typing out hatred messages for the duration of the boycott. A person who posts something like that is going to post one nevertheless the next chance he gets. The solution to racism is education.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1586 on: May 1, 2021, 09:30:44 am »
This social media boycott over the weekend is such a load of shite. I've got a better idea, just shut all your social media accounts indefinitely, that'll help fix the problem. As always in today's society, half arsed measures produce half arsed results. If they could form a unilateral movement across football in the UK, I've no doubt it'll spread across the footballing World over time. I guess the problem is some are contractually tied to their social media accounts because of endorsements etc. As usual, money talks.

That’s like saying we can fix the rape problem in this country if women would just lock themselves away.

Why should people not have the freedom to use social media if they wish without the risk of being racially abused. The c*nts giving the racist abuse are the problem, not the people being racially abused.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1587 on: May 1, 2021, 09:33:41 am »
Also, the short boycott isn’t aimed at trying to fix the issue. They don’t think come Monday, or whenever they’re due to post again, it’ll be gone forever.

It’s aimed at drawing yet more attention to it. To force the issue with the powers that be to fix it.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1588 on: May 1, 2021, 10:03:02 am »
It’s aimed at drawing yet more attention to it. To force the issue with the powers that be to fix it.
With the lawmakers and the media platforms you mean Craig?

I mean, it's not exactly an unknown issue is it. Its very much known with all the "Say NO to racism", "Show racism the Red card" and catchy slogans. But my question is, how is this any different to those initiatives?

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: May 1, 2021, 12:48:38 pm »
Also, the short boycott isn’t aimed at trying to fix the issue. They don’t think come Monday, or whenever they’re due to post again, it’ll be gone forever.

Draw more attention to it? Have you (and anyone else who thinks like that) been asleep for the past year? Fuck me people really are sheep, it’s a token gesture that’s it. A basic algorithm can flag these posts immediately, delete the posts and ban the accounts.

Jesus Christ, what are you on about with that rape example?!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1590 on: May 1, 2021, 01:34:03 pm »
I think the players and the clubs should just disable comments and private messages on their social media profiles. No need to give room to every kind of person to comment. Keep your toxic opinion for yourself and choke yourself in it.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: May 4, 2021, 11:10:09 am »
I think the players and the clubs should just disable comments and private messages on their social media profiles. No need to give room to every kind of person to comment. Keep your toxic opinion for yourself and choke yourself in it.

It would certainly help, but it doesn't solve the issue of accounts posting abusive messages and then tagging the player, club etc. for the entire world to see.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1592 on: May 4, 2021, 11:15:58 am »
Draw more attention to it? Have you (and anyone else who thinks like that) been asleep for the past year? Fuck me people really are sheep, it’s a token gesture that’s it. A basic algorithm can flag these posts immediately, delete the posts and ban the accounts.

I’m not suggesting people don’t know, but the more things are highlighted by things like this small boycott the more pressure is put on social media companies, regulators and Govts. to do something about it.

Kind of like the protests recently with regards to football being taken away from fans. Everyone knows it has been, they’ve known it for years and years, yet pressure is needed to force the issue.

Jesus Christ, what are you on about with that rape example?!

Because that’s what women get told. Don’t go there, don’t dress that way, don’t act that way.

People should be free to use social media without the threat of racism. They shouldn’t give up the use to stop racism.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: May 27, 2021, 07:41:50 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57263805

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2021-05-27/marcus-rashford-hit-with-racist-online-abuse-after-manchester-uniteds-europa-league-defeat
Rashford on the end of it again after Utd defeat last night.

Sadly it's fully expected that this kind of shite will happen after any big game. Fucking toxic world this.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: May 27, 2021, 08:15:04 am »
taking the knee has certainly stopped racism then

we need more than 'gestures' - we need action

again again and again social media just hasn't stepped up and it's time for them to act and it's time for people - some on here - to stop saying things like 'they do their best' or 'it's harder than you think to monitor' - shite it is

imagine if i had a popular newspaper in the uk that printed racist comments with the excuse that i couldn't control that - it's the same thing

these racists - along with all bigots, misogynists, homophobes etc - should all be denied a platform and if that is at the expense of an awkward lengthy signing up process for us all then so be it

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1596 on: May 27, 2021, 08:16:42 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57263805

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2021-05-27/marcus-rashford-hit-with-racist-online-abuse-after-manchester-uniteds-europa-league-defeat

Rashford on the end of it again after Utd defeat last night.

Jesus, the multiple comments after his tweet blaming the racist comments on his performance. I’m sure you’d get that with Twitter ‘fans’ of most clubs but it’s really depressing to see.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1597 on: May 27, 2021, 08:17:45 am »

Shouldn’t be up to the victim to stop racist abuse.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: May 27, 2021, 08:36:49 am »
Shouldn’t be up to the victim to stop racist abuse.

It's not about that, it's about taking from the racist as many possible abuse tools.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #1599 on: May 27, 2021, 09:09:34 am »
It's not about that, it's about taking from the racist as many possible abuse tools.
Maybe players want to engage with their fans and read about the positive stuff too. You shouldn't need to punish the majority for the sins of a few pricks. Social media companies need come to the party and start banning people and helping to prosecute those that break the law.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close