Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 - Remake (with added Rebirth)  (Read 27780 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Remake
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2019, 10:16:10 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-bgJLy-OeBI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-bgJLy-OeBI</a>

This will more than likely be Part 1 of 2

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2019, 10:20:32 am »
Classic Square, announce a game in 2015, assuming no delays deliver the first part of the game in 2020
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2019, 10:28:49 am »
Classic Square, announce a game in 2015, assuming no delays deliver the first part of the game in 2020

Yeah this hasn't aged well

I think its a great idea. Telltale have shown that the model works. Plus FF7 for the PS1 came on 3 disks. 3 episodes then?

By going down that route you get 'pieces' of the game sooner instead of having to wait years for a full release (I was honestly expecting a 2018/9 full release. Now I would say end of 2016 for the 1st episode would be a good ballpark date).

It's a very interesting concept because by going for that model they are going down a digital release route (through the PSN network). No real physical selling product until the full season is complete. Amazon and Shop.to will be gutted

The big questions come from how they price it and how long the wait will be between episodes.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2019, 07:29:52 pm »
The classic "black guy" voice on Barrett :lmao - half expected him to call Cloud "brother" when I heard him speak.

Playing through the original for the first time (!) at the moment and am really enjoying it, crazy how different this looks. I prefer the old turn based combat to the FF15 style, but will put this on my very short "must buy" list.

Two parts is fucking bogus though - I'll wait till both parts are out otherwise it'll end up like Half Life 3.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2019, 11:02:08 pm »
I was expecting 4 parts to be honest, I mean Midgar is like the first third of the first disc back in the day but they've expanded it to be an entire game all by itself in 2020. There's places like Junon, Nibelheim, Golden Saucer etc. 2 or 3 eps will be better for everyone and I hope they seamlessly link together when playing them fully on the console OS.

I love that they are going to expand the AVALANCHE early story and characters, they're only featured in the first hour or two of a 70 hour game but set the scene and world so well. I was a Cloud x Aerith shipper but now I'm ready to live that Jessie life.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2019, 02:23:59 am »
Fucking hell those last 20 mins made me cum.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2019, 06:33:23 am »
Yeah you shut up and take my money

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2019, 08:10:00 am »
That intro

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2019, 12:44:52 pm »
Yeah you shut up and take my money

I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition with the Cloud statue and bike, and then 15 mins later was walking in my room and realised I had just spent £270 on 1 game which was the price of the Switch I bought last year. Those bastards got me good.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2019, 01:03:37 pm »
I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition with the Cloud statue and bike, and then 15 mins later was walking in my room and realised I had just spent £270 on 1 game which was the price of the Switch I bought last year. Those bastards got me good.

Yeah I'm stumping up for that (probably the deluxe edition). But your one will hold that value for a very long time

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2019, 04:46:13 pm »
If you spend that much money on one part of this, will you be getting the other "installments" for free?

Remember when you bought games and you got everything?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2019, 05:10:40 pm »

That is crazy money!

It’s your money though so do what you want  ;D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2019, 05:19:36 pm »
If you spend that much money on one part of this, will you be getting the other "installments" for free?

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2019, 05:46:48 pm »

Yeah, I know, right. That's thinking from a  parallel universe called 1997.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2019, 05:58:21 pm »

I remember buying WWF Warzone on the PlayStation and getting a free WWF music CD and a Stone Cold T-shirt  :'(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2019, 08:22:45 pm »

No way.

Those fuckers will release a similar CE with something like a Sephiroth statue for Part 2 to get another £270 out of foolish people such as myself

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2019, 10:25:36 pm »
No way.

Those fuckers will release a similar CE with something like a Sephiroth statue for Part 2 to get another £270 out of foolish people such as myself
Special statues and all that aside, what I can't wrap my head around is why people think this so called remake is a good thing when you buy the game, for full price, but it's not the full game? You're paying full price for something that's half made, and that's exciting? It doesn't matter if it's 40 hours long either. If it's 40 hours long, you've to question why, when maybe even the original wasn't even that (it's been so long since I played it), when they could have made a faithful complete game instead of stretching it out, piecemealing it back to consumers and fans for the cost of a full game per installment. They've basically Peter Jacksoned this. For some reason it's being let off the hook because its FF7 and it exists as a modern remake. The second part will probably show up on next generation systems and all 3 years later.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2019, 10:28:46 pm »
I remember buying WWF Warzone on the PlayStation and getting a free WWF music CD and a Stone Cold T-shirt  :'(
These days that's a super deluxe mega edition that would cost about 150 quid, and you still would have to pay for half of the wrestlers on the roster as microtransactions.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2019, 11:53:45 pm »
Producer Yoshinori Kitase on how many games are going to be in the Final Fantasy VII remake - "I can't say yet because we don't know ourselves."

:lmao

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2019, 12:01:58 am »
Producer Yoshinori Kitase on how many games are going to be in the Final Fantasy VII remake - "I can't say yet because we don't know ourselves."

:lmao
Jesus Christ.

Yeah, sorry, that's a hard swerve for me. This has a bad Half-Life 2 episode vibe to it.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #141 on: June 12, 2019, 12:26:29 am »
Square announced Final Fantasy XIII-Versus in 2009. They released it as Final Fantasy XV in 2016.

They announced this remake in 2015 and will have taken 5 years to essentially release Midgar - The Game.

Based on these facts alone I see this taking another 15 years to release all 4. It's not even worthy of that.

Get CD Project Red to remake FF9 please.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 12:28:22 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #142 on: June 12, 2019, 07:27:41 am »
The more I think about the episodic content the more I think I'm out. Which is a shame.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2019, 08:05:02 am »
This is Square's golden goose

Even if it takes an age to all come out, it will all be released eventually, and be bloody good

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: June 12, 2019, 10:43:50 am »
I don't mind the episodic structure, as long as it's coherent and continous - ie, if we get to x2 and all the levelling, item collection etc hasn't carried over from episode 1, then it's a bit of a problem - mainly from the continuity perspective.

This is probably the number 1 game from my childhood. Think I've played through it at least twice, and sunk ridiculous numbers of hours into it (probably at the expense of better GCSEs) There's no way I won't get it, though it might go on the back burner for a while to see critical/public response, allow for patches/fixes/tweaks and also to see what sort of release schedule they have in mind for the sequels.

Excited to hear the news of the mixture of turn/real based combat - I didn't ever really click with the combat in FFXV. Also made up to see Cloud getting handed a materia in that video, I loved the materia system - think it's one of the best customisation tools in the FF series.

Just hope that the world and traversing of it is better than I experienced in XV. Never really clicked for me, beautiful as it was. Felt far too on rails, and movement never really felt right.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2019, 11:22:56 am »
If you go and play one of the PS3/4/Switch ports of the game you get a feel of the scale of the game. It's was a huge game back in 97. Bringing that into the PS4 era was never going to be easy.

Not just the main story but bring in Yuffie, Vincent, Red XIII and their stories

I said back in 2015 that FF7 is considered to be gaming perfection for that era. To retread that era was never going to live up to everyones expectation.

I think they have got balance with the combat and I am really happy with the look of the game.

I'll still be buying the Midgar Escape game. What they need to do now is give a clear timeline for the rest of the game

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #146 on: June 12, 2019, 01:39:33 pm »
I really don't understand the combat at all. Is it the same as FF15? I tried the demo of that and genuinely didn't have a clue what was going on.

FF12's battle system will always be my favourite. Felt like an update of the turn based system.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: June 12, 2019, 10:05:52 pm »
Special statues and all that aside, what I can't wrap my head around is why people think this so called remake is a good thing when you buy the game, for full price, but it's not the full game? You're paying full price for something that's half made, and that's exciting? It doesn't matter if it's 40 hours long either. If it's 40 hours long, you've to question why, when maybe even the original wasn't even that (it's been so long since I played it), when they could have made a faithful complete game instead of stretching it out, piecemealing it back to consumers and fans for the cost of a full game per installment. They've basically Peter Jacksoned this. For some reason it's being let off the hook because its FF7 and it exists as a modern remake. The second part will probably show up on next generation systems and all 3 years later.

If they release four brilliant games, what does it matter?

I can just picture you after watching Fellowship of the Ring

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2019, 01:11:18 am »
If they release four brilliant games, what does it matter?

I can just picture you after watching Fellowship of the Ring

I don't get it.

Fellowship was one book, one film. A good film at that.

Do you mean in the context that it's the first part of an overall story? I think everyone who read the books and went to see those films was well aware of this.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2019, 07:13:20 am »
The E3 stuff has got me a little excited about it, I don't like the real time fighting partly as I have never really excelled at this but this looks like a system a could get to grips with.

Really tempted to get the original on steam (only £9.99 atm).

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2019, 10:20:40 am »
I don't get it.

Fellowship was one book, one film. A good film at that.

Do you mean in the context that it's the first part of an overall story? I think everyone who read the books and went to see those films was well aware of this.

Well quite, but it was part of one story. If it’s a good game with the length of what a good game should be, why on earth would you care if it’s split into 2/3/4?

You’re surely not playing it to find out what happens at the end....?

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2019, 10:27:23 am »
The biggest hurdle to a FF7 remake I believe is the sheer amount of artwork required to reproduce all of the locations in full 3D for modern hardware. If that's the case then it could make sense to expand the story in places where large amounts of artwork need to be produced. There's no point dedicating multiple years to building Midgar only for people to play through that part of the game in a few hours.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2019, 11:21:37 am »

Samesies.

I tell you what, the combat an that looks great and I love that they are expanding some parts of this, more AVALANCHER stuff and so on, I for one welcome our new Square-Enix overlords.

Also for the people saying half a game for this money etc... I don't wanna sound like a fanboi here but remember this is a remake, it is not an identical FF VII, ie: they will be expanding on characters and stories which were only mentioned before, I believe this means more info and playing time as AVALANCHE, exploring more into Barret and Marlene's situation, Red XIII and his story, Yuffie and her story, Vincent and his and so on... there will be a lot more going on that you can participate in, that is what they say anyway...

I think episodic release system will be fine IF it's not too far apart, ie: if this comes out in March then hope for part 2 same time the following year.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:26:49 am by PhilV »

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2019, 11:31:52 am »
Also, look at the amount of detail they've put into this, this is a close up of Tifa's gloves... her bracelets have little chocobo and a bomb on it... I honestly love the amount of detail and work going into this, if that means it's a bigger game then so be it, quality over a rushed release for me, the qwuality they've put into the models is staggering, you can literally read Barret's dog tags

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:33:47 am by PhilV »

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2019, 11:36:11 am »
Samesies.

I tell you what, the combat an that looks great and I love that they are expanding some parts of this, more AVALANCHER stuff and so on, I for one welcome our new Square-Enix overlords.

Also for the people saying half a game for this money etc... I don't wanna sound like a fanboi here but remember this is a remake, it is not an identical FF VII, ie: they will be expanding on characters and stories which were only mentioned before, I believe this means more info and playing time as AVALANCHE, exploring more into Barret and Marlene's situation, Red XIII and his story, Yuffie and her story, Vincent and his and so on... there will be a lot more going on that you can participate in, that is what they say anyway...

I think episodic release system will be fine IF it's not too far apart, ie: if this comes out in March then hope for part 2 same time the following year.

Yeah it's nice to get more time in that world. We also don't know what/how much was cut from the original game, the PS1 era is full of games that were scaled down significantly due to the hardware, so a FF7 remake where the shackles are off and they can build what they want could be fantastic.

Part of me is still hoping we'll get the classic combat in some way, either in the form of an option they add later or a mod if/when this comes out on PC, but it probably won't happen.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2019, 11:38:30 am »
I really don't understand the combat at all. Is it the same as FF15? I tried the demo of that and genuinely didn't have a clue what was going on.

FF12's battle system will always be my favourite. Felt like an update of the turn based system.

It actually looks exactly like FF 12's system whereas the characters you aren't actively control do a pre-set set of actions based on what you told them to do or attack automatically while you're controlling another character, when you take them you can pause/slow down time to input a command like magic or summon or heal and so on... much better than FF XV basically.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2019, 01:35:59 pm »
It actually looks exactly like FF 12's system whereas the characters you aren't actively control do a pre-set set of actions based on what you told them to do or attack automatically while you're controlling another character, when you take them you can pause/slow down time to input a command like magic or summon or heal and so on... much better than FF XV basically.
That'd be great if so. I'm a really slow learner when it comes to battle systems.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2019, 07:01:00 pm »
Well quite, but it was part of one story. If it’s a good game with the length of what a good game should be, why on earth would you care if it’s split into 2/3/4?

You’re surely not playing it to find out what happens at the end....?
The issue with splitting it the way they are is cost, money and time. You've also to keep the quality of that rolling throughout. You only need to look at the Half-Life 2 episodes to see the potential problems. I remember those episodes being plagued with constant delays, also. If this remake was started back in 2015, and it's still a year out, that's roughly 4 years of development, for one part of a game, and god knows how far they're into the other parts and how long those will take. they don't even know how many parts they are making. It just seems like a bit of a ad-hoced mess. If their plan was to extend each part into a full 40+ hour game, then I think that's pointless. I'm willing to bet this will never be finished if that's the case. Either that, or the second part will finish it five years down the line, and it'll be drastically cut back to what it originally should have been, which is just a straight up remake in a single release that would take 40 hours to complete and costs 60 quid at most.

If it's going to be two parts, out within the next couple years, done, dusted, costs about 70 quid for the complete edition of it, then sound. But if they are planning on more than that, which no one knows, including them, then I'm not bothering.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 07:03:37 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2019, 03:20:21 am »
I'll wait for the 'whole' game to be released before I buy any part. I feel they'll not bother releasing it in parts, I hope I'm correct, it's a rediculous idea. Sure there's plenty to do FF7 was a big world but the fact is it's a remake, there's so much they don't need to do, it really should be done quite quickly I believe. Im looking forward to it, but playing through part one then waiting even 12 months for part 2 is crazy. Considering how useless they are with keeping release dates, they probably should have farmed out the remake to be done by some other company
If its about money, I'd happily pay twice a regular rrp for this if it released as a whole and this remake is done right.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 03:22:22 am by Endoe »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2019, 08:57:46 am »
I'll wait for the 'whole' game to be released before I buy any part. I feel they'll not bother releasing it in parts, I hope I'm correct, it's a rediculous idea. Sure there's plenty to do FF7 was a big world but the fact is it's a remake, there's so much they don't need to do, it really should be done quite quickly I believe. Im looking forward to it, but playing through part one then waiting even 12 months for part 2 is crazy. Considering how useless they are with keeping release dates, they probably should have farmed out the remake to be done by some other company
If its about money, I'd happily pay twice a regular rrp for this if it released as a whole and this remake is done right.

They actually did do that at the start of production. Back in 2015 CyberConnect2 were working alongside Square Enix to get the game off the ground. Alot of the Square team were working on Kingdom Hearts 3 at the time including director of both games Nomura.

But some reports have said Square were unhappy with the work done by CyberConnect2 (sources saying their work was 'unusable') so were forced to bring it back in house.

I'm personally happy with it being episodic. Having the Midgar Escape being bulked out into its own game and fleshing out characters in Avalanche is something I can get behind.

But I do agree that release dates and costs have never been Squares strong point so hope they can give a clear timeline going into the release of the 1st game