Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 4  (Read 505926 times)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Sony PlayStation 4
« Reply #40 on: February 2, 2013, 04:00:30 pm »
I wasn't being a fan boy, I was making a point to iSmiff.

The convenience of sticking a DVD into a drive and having it load almost completely negates the issues I have with the drop in quality graphically, the only thing I don't like about console gaming is how it tends to dumb down titles for the mouth breathers who like big arrows pointing them in the direction they need to go.

I will probably buy a next gen console (probably x-box), my first console since the Sega Saturn, I'll use my PC for games I think deserve the horsepower.
do you play all the games on your PC with a plug in controller,im asking because my daughter's been asking about getting games for her laptop using a controller, which I never knew you could do

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: February 2, 2013, 04:06:03 pm »
do you play all the games on your PC with a plug in controller,im asking because my daughter's been asking about getting games for her laptop using a controller, which I never knew you could do
Yes you can, and many controllers can be used for bot a PC and console. Having a controller is better for certain games.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
Re: Sony PlayStation 4
« Reply #42 on: February 2, 2013, 04:10:06 pm »
Fuck, I only just got another ps3 about 3 weeks ago.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Re: Sony PlayStation 4
« Reply #43 on: February 2, 2013, 04:12:23 pm »
Yes you can, and many controllers can be used for bot a PC and console. Having a controller is better for certain games.
I can't play games with the keys at all ,so glad to hear about the controller, guessing it has to be plugged in through the USB

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #44 on: February 2, 2013, 04:13:07 pm »
i can buy a game for my pc for about £15-20 less than a console game.

for example i picked up devil may cry for £12

You got robbed lad.

http://www.cddiski.ru/pc/games/action/tps/dmc-devil-may-cry-pc.htm
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Re: Sony PlayStation 4
« Reply #45 on: February 2, 2013, 04:19:16 pm »
I can't play games with the keys at all ,so glad to hear about the controller, guessing it has to be plugged in through the USB
Yep.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 2, 2013, 04:59:13 pm »

I play racing games with a controller, but for nearly every other type of game... keys and the mouse rule.

I've got a great Logitech Chillstream controller for the PC with fans built in for those times when all hell is breaking loose after a long session. It's very comfortable, though at £30 sheets it's not cheap.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 2, 2013, 05:06:43 pm »
I play racing games with a controller, but for nearly every other type of game... keys and the mouse rule.

I've got a great Logitech Chillstream controller for the PC with fans built in for those times when all hell is breaking loose after a long session. It's very comfortable, though at £30 sheets it's not cheap.

I always press the wrong keys on the keyboard, so im going to have to get a controller, probably look to get a midrange one as I don't play much , cheers Harry

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 2, 2013, 05:35:32 pm »
the convenience of sticking in a dvd

LOL

or you could play twenty different games on a pc without changing a disc once ;D
STFU and agree with me.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 2, 2013, 05:36:39 pm »
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #51 on: February 2, 2013, 07:50:38 pm »
anyway the news on the 20th mite not even be about ps4 :o
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52 on: February 2, 2013, 09:08:30 pm »
As an ex pc gamer i struggled with using a controller for playing fps at first.

I bought a frag fx mouse mouse and nunchuck combo and thought that even though the build quality was a bit shit and it was a ball ache setting up the basic principles of it are a great idea.

Sacked it off in the end as it only really worked properly on COD andI I got into Battlefield so I had to learn how to get on with the dualshock. I'm pretty handy with one now on fps but nothing beats using a mouse but I think that the nunchuck is better than using a keyboard.
Really could do with Sony releasing an official one that's good build quality and fuss free.

Here's the frag fx.

« Last Edit: February 2, 2013, 09:10:13 pm by Tomo! »
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 2, 2013, 11:03:26 pm »
Not sure why I forgot to put this in the OP in the first place, but Sony will be live streaming the announcement, it'll be at 11pm GMT on the 20th.

<a href="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Countdown%20to%20PlayStation%204%20Reveal&amp;count=down&amp;time=1361401200000&amp;bgc=0xffffff&amp;bgb=0&amp;bgd=0&amp;bc=0xff0000&amp;bb=1&amp;bd=0&amp;tc=0x000000&amp;tb=0&amp;td=1&amp;uc=0xff0000&amp;ub=1&amp;ud=1&amp;nc=0xffffff&amp;nb=0&amp;nd=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Countdown%20to%20PlayStation%204%20Reveal&amp;count=down&amp;time=1361401200000&amp;bgc=0xffffff&amp;bgb=0&amp;bgd=0&amp;bc=0xff0000&amp;bb=1&amp;bd=0&amp;tc=0x000000&amp;tb=0&amp;td=1&amp;uc=0xff0000&amp;ub=1&amp;ud=1&amp;nc=0xffffff&amp;nb=0&amp;nd=1</a>
« Last Edit: February 2, 2013, 11:26:32 pm by Paul-LFC »

Offline longball

• scrotum like a letter L
  • Kopite
  • Agora é a hora.
« Reply #54 on: February 2, 2013, 11:16:58 pm »
When is MS's new console expected, I always assumed they would be coming out with theirs before Sony.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sony PlayStation 4 - rumoured announcement February 20th 11pm
« Reply #55 on: February 2, 2013, 11:27:48 pm »
When is MS's new console expected, I always assumed they would be coming out with theirs before Sony.
Definitely revealed this year, E3 at the latest I'd say but there are rumours they might take out a Superbowl advert for it.

It'll still probably be out here before the PS4, Sony don't usually do worldwide launches although I hope they do this time.

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #56 on: February 3, 2013, 10:42:48 am »
i don't buy russian games, mine was EU

Mine's on Steam  :-X

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #57 on: February 3, 2013, 11:56:15 pm »
I always press the wrong keys on the keyboard, so im going to have to get a controller, probably look to get a midrange one as I don't play much , cheers Harry

Pickup a second hand Xbox360 or PS3 controller on eBay. Both work fully on PC and most modern games automatically configure the button layout for you :)
:D

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 4, 2013, 10:14:54 am »
Not sure why I forgot to put this in the OP in the first place, but Sony will be live streaming the announcement, it'll be at 11pm GMT on the 20th.

<a href="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Countdown%20to%20PlayStation%204%20Reveal&amp;count=down&amp;time=1361401200000&amp;bgc=0xffffff&amp;bgb=0&amp;bgd=0&amp;bc=0xff0000&amp;bb=1&amp;bd=0&amp;tc=0x000000&amp;tb=0&amp;td=1&amp;uc=0xff0000&amp;ub=1&amp;ud=1&amp;nc=0xffffff&amp;nb=0&amp;nd=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Countdown%20to%20PlayStation%204%20Reveal&amp;count=down&amp;time=1361401200000&amp;bgc=0xffffff&amp;bgb=0&amp;bgd=0&amp;bc=0xff0000&amp;bb=1&amp;bd=0&amp;tc=0x000000&amp;tb=0&amp;td=1&amp;uc=0xff0000&amp;ub=1&amp;ud=1&amp;nc=0xffffff&amp;nb=0&amp;nd=1</a>
Can imagine some geeky fanboy sitting all alone in his dark room doing nothing but looking at that countdown for the next 16 days

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 4, 2013, 12:13:30 pm »
Can imagine some geeky fanboy sitting all alone in his dark room doing nothing but looking at that countdown for the next 16 days
And then he'd still have 10 hours to wait!

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: February 4, 2013, 12:20:20 pm »
the convenience of sticking in a dvd

LOL

or you could play twenty different games on a pc without changing a disc once ;D

It has it's benefits, but I'm a lazy bastard and waiting for games to install fucking irks me, as I said I'll keep the PC for the special titles.

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #61 on: February 4, 2013, 03:26:49 pm »

He could just get a job and make enough money to buy a PS4 already.... a medium spec pc  8)

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 5, 2013, 05:21:36 pm »
Are the rumored PS4 specs equivelent to a mid range PC? ^

PC gaming is definitely something i'm going to get into in the coming years, probably when i graduate and get a job.

Right now consoles and a laptop suit me.

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #63 on: February 5, 2013, 06:00:19 pm »
Are the rumored PS4 specs equivelent to a mid range PC? ^

Best they can be are a mid spec pc mate, don't believe the rumours of them sticking high spec stuff in it. the current Wii U GPU is not even a ATI 5770 and you can have one of them for peanuts. Sony went (sort of)high end with the Ps3 and it was a disaster, $600 launch and only started selling when they dropped the price and were making losses on each console. No way they're going to go that path again. I expect a moderate tech improvement over the Ps3 which is already quite decent and maybe games coming out in proper 1080p.

We'll see when they announce it in a few weeks anyway. I expect it'll be things like better cloud based stuff and more media integration than pushing full on with graphical/hardware improvements.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #64 on: February 5, 2013, 06:07:55 pm »
Man I just can't get excited for this. What if I'm growing out of video games?
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 5, 2013, 07:18:02 pm »
Man I just can't get excited for this. What if I'm growing out of video games?

Wait until nearer the time!

I had this with the PS3 due to price and other bits but caved eventually when the games were revealed and ended up getting day one! I'm a bit more interested this time.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #66 on: February 5, 2013, 09:25:13 pm »
Whilst I am prone to bouts of fanboyism, I'll simply buy the console that's the best. Hopefully multi-platform releases aren't often worse like on current gen hardware. We need two new consoles and some new IPs to get excited about.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: February 5, 2013, 10:20:34 pm »
Best they can be are a mid spec pc mate, don't believe the rumours of them sticking high spec stuff in it. the current Wii U GPU is not even a ATI 5770 and you can have one of them for peanuts. Sony went (sort of)high end with the Ps3 and it was a disaster, $600 launch and only started selling when they dropped the price and were making losses on each console. No way they're going to go that path again. I expect a moderate tech improvement over the Ps3 which is already quite decent and maybe games coming out in proper 1080p.

We'll see when they announce it in a few weeks anyway. I expect it'll be things like better cloud based stuff and more media integration than pushing full on with graphical/hardware improvements.

Think it goes to show that if developers made more use of high end PC hardware we could have some amazing games.

Still looking forward to seeing what the next consoles can do though. 7 or 8 years is far to long for the current gen, even if there's still some decent games coming out.

Still hope its not all about the graphics, hopefully the increase in power would lead to more complex /engaging game worlds and game-play mechanics.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 7, 2013, 05:07:57 pm »
Not looked into much details about the PS4 so not sure if this is new, either way I must admit I was expecting a much bigger price tag. Quite a nice surprise really :P

PlayStation 4 to cost £270 at launch, use Gaikai cloud tech?

Sony's PlayStation 4 will reportedly retail at 40,000 Yen when it launches in Japan.

Based on current exchange rates, the console would sell for $428 in North America and approximately £270 in the UK. In comparison, the PS3 launched at 60,000 Yen in Japan, $599 in North America and £425 in the UK.

A report in major Japanese newspaper the Asahi Shimbun (via The Verge) suggests that the console will indeed be announced on February 20, and will launch later this year in Japan and North America.

No mention was made of the European release date, however, suggesting that recent reports of a 2014 launch may be accurate.

It is believed that the console's new controller will feature a touch pad, while another report in the Nikkei business daily says that the console will use cloud technology provided by Gaikai.

It was recently claimed that Sony's next console will feature 4K resolution support in line with a rumoured new range of Sony TVs.

Additional hardware details were leaked last year, while EA's Frank Gibeau revealed that he had seen both the PS4 and new Xbox, and suggested that the consoles would introduce gaming to a further billion people.

Potential next-generation games include Star Wars 1313, Watch Dogs and Mass Effect 4.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a456978/playstation-4-to-cost-gbp270-at-launch-use-gaikai-cloud-tech.html
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #69 on: February 7, 2013, 05:39:13 pm »
Not sure how reliable the initial source is for that information. Wouldn't be surprised if they come in at a low price point (i.e. £300), but can't understand why they wouldn't go for a world wide release?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sony PlayStation 4 - rumoured announcement February 20th 11pm
« Reply #70 on: February 7, 2013, 05:46:37 pm »
They never did worldwide with ps3 kashinoda.

EU always gets shafted on release dates. I can't see the the ps4 retailing for under 300. More like 350 I reckon. Gaikai was always a given considering they bought it.

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 7, 2013, 05:57:17 pm »
They never sell their stuff at the direct exchange rate price, they will undoubtedly mark the price up, at a guess somewhere between £320-400.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: February 7, 2013, 08:03:54 pm »
$400=£400
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #73 on: February 7, 2013, 08:30:27 pm »
They never did worldwide with ps3 kashinoda.

EU always gets shafted on release dates. I can't see the the ps4 retailing for under 300. More like 350 I reckon. Gaikai was always a given considering they bought it.

Ah, I seem to remember it being a simultaneous release but reading Wikipedia it seems they cancelled the EU release last minute ???

Still, without strong EU sales the PS3 would be no where, I hope Sony doesn't take that for granted. The 360 nearly doubles PS3 sales in the states, the rest of the world sales bring both consoles completely even. Sony is probably going to push hard early on in America this time round.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 7, 2013, 09:00:30 pm »
It's Japan where Sony hammer Xbox, there was a great article on euro gamer about it recently.

Xbox has massive advantage stateside, an Europe they're fairly even I would have thought.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #75 on: February 7, 2013, 09:38:38 pm »
It's Japan where Sony hammer Xbox, there was a great article on euro gamer about it recently.

Xbox has massive advantage stateside, an Europe they're fairly even I would have thought.

Only reason why I mention strong EU sales is because the Xbox was never going to be popular in Japan.

PS3 has more sales in every part of the world except for North America, I think a lot of that was to do with the 360 coming out a full year before.

360:
America - 42.25 Million
Europe - 23.03 Million
Japan - 1.63 Million
Rest of The World - 7.34 Million

Total: 74.25

PS3:
America - 25.97 Million
Europe - 28.51 Million
Japan - 9.02
Rest of The World - 9.12 Million

Total: 72.62

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 8, 2013, 07:35:39 am »
Hope its backward compatible to the PS2.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 8, 2013, 09:32:21 am »
Not looked into much details about the PS4 so not sure if this is new, either way I must admit I was expecting a much bigger price tag. Quite a nice surprise really :P

PlayStation 4 to cost £270 at launch, use Gaikai cloud tech?
I'll be very surprised if it launches at £270, pleasantly surprised but I'm expecting closer to £350. Even the Wii U was more expensive than £270 for the "premium" version and the PS4's rumoured specs make it much more powerful.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #78 on: February 8, 2013, 10:26:05 am »
$400=£400

Yup.

Plus, if we are supposedly charged £400 - then you won't get one cheaper than £499 as everyone will be selling it as a "move + 2 games" bundle minimum.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #79 on: February 8, 2013, 10:27:24 am »
I hope it's backwards compatible to my SNES.  <3