Author Topic: The I'm a fat bastard and trying to lose weight thread aka JoeyC's skiving zone  (Read 480470 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Never really been all that chunky, I'm slim by nature, but I piled on the pounds from the first lockdown and it was really shit.  However, I'm coming to the end of my usual start of year fast (completely cut out any treats - no chocolate, no crisps, no donuts, no sweets, no cake, etc) and the weight is tumbling off.  Lost over 2 stone in around 3 months.

Haven't been exercising at all, just going for a few long walks to the supermarket a couple of times a week.  It really is all about diet and knocking those calorie counts down, though I admittedly started from an easier situation as I'd put the weight on pretty quickly too.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I struggle to lose 2lbs let alone 2 stone! Are you starving yourself or were you just absolutely binging before?!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
I once ate the same chicken dish 6 days a week for around 2 years straight.

I only have it twice a week now  :D

I haven't quite taken it that far but I've definitely had some long stretches of eating the same day in and out, chicken and pilau rice every dinner for months on end.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
I haven't quite taken it that far but I've definitely had some long stretches of eating the same day in and out, chicken and pilau rice every dinner for months on end.

Yeah it was very extreme, thankfully I've found a few more dishes to add to my repertoire in the mean time.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
Yeah it was very extreme, thankfully I've found a few more dishes to add to my repertoire in the mean time.

Yeah I'm the same, though to be honest I have no problem eating the same thing every night, I just got sick of seasoning and cooking the chicken and rice every day! I've been making a lot of chicken/beef chilli lately mainly because I can make and measure 4 meals worth pretty easily, tempted to upgrade to a bigger slow cooker that can do like 8-10 meals at a time.
Those low calorie ice cream shouts were a bad idea, it's delicious! Sounds great but it's also expensive, I did some mental math and could easily see it costing me like 70 quid a month as my daily snack.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I once ate the same chicken dish 6 days a week for around 2 years straight.

I only have it twice a week now  :D
Dude, that's proper hardcore! You mind me asking you what it is? Must be good if you never get bored of it. I used to batch cook on weekends a bit if I was training regularly, normally chilli or some sort of chicken and rice, but nowhere near that level. That's some impressive dedication sir.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
"The usual? Yeah I've got some fresh ones as I know you come in at this time on a Tuesday"

Is not what you should be hearing at the local fried chicken place...

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Im a stone down in the last 3.5 weeks. Not done any of the exercises that the gym told us to (I'm just too fucking lazy) but have followed the diet plan strictly.

It comes to an end on Sunday, but I've paid for a month worth of meals (30 lunches 30 teas) from Gold Standard Nutrition - 150 quid works out at 5er a day for my main meals. Milk and weetabix for brekkie and I'm sorted. Footies back too now so extra cardio. Here's hoping for another big loss in April.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dude, that's proper hardcore! You mind me asking you what it is? Must be good if you never get bored of it. I used to batch cook on weekends a bit if I was training regularly, normally chilli or some sort of chicken and rice, but nowhere near that level. That's some impressive dedication sir.

Literally chicken, pasta, broccoli, cauliflower and a sauce I used to make up myself  ;D I wouldn't recommend it to anyone though. Very easy to make which is good if you don't have the time, but you're much better off mixing it up a bit.

I'm lucky in a way because I see food as more fuel for my body than something that needs to taste nice. Complete opposite when I was younger though I used to have a terrible diet.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I struggle to lose 2lbs let alone 2 stone! Are you starving yourself or were you just absolutely binging before?!

I went a bit nuts during lockdown, but I think replacing a few meals a week with smoothies really helped.  The first week of no chocolate is tough as hell but you soon get used to it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Started a health kick a few weeks ago, got into running again and trying to cut out the shite. Hasn't been plain sailing so far but I feel a little lighter, although the scales don't say so (I know that checking the scales can be misleading etc but I still do it).

I feel like I'm properly into it now though which is important. Starting out is the hard part, the first few days, but once you get into a rhythm and stop craving sugar it gets a little easier.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
Started a health kick a few weeks ago, got into running again and trying to cut out the shite. Hasn't been plain sailing so far but I feel a little lighter, although the scales don't say so (I know that checking the scales can be misleading etc but I still do it).

I feel like I'm properly into it now though which is important. Starting out is the hard part, the first few days, but once you get into a rhythm and stop craving sugar it gets a little easier.

It's different for everyone but I find not checking the scales regularly to be madness, the results will be misleading/discouraging on the odd day but if you track it all it's great to see trends and to see how well things are going. I'd rather have the odd "bad weight day" than spend months trying to lose weight without keeping track and end up making no progress.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I've had a really, really poor lockdown with a lack of motivation and ordering a lot of takeaways etc. Weighed in at 17.75 stone this morning which isn't my heaviest but have to start again, which should be helped by the gyms opening!

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
As of today I’m starting a two week diet with the wife as she’s doing one of those crap ones where you eat some shite they give you for two meal substitutes and then you have a small meal in the evening.

But then I forgot my father in law booked a table at the local pub this evening so I may have to start day one with a couple of pints. :D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One week into a 45 day challenge. Feel better about myself already (physically). Half a stone to lose!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Back in the gym today, hallelujah!

And in terms of food, this isn's a plug but I've started using Gold Star Nutrition because they had a deal on. They sent me 60 prepped meals (14 flavours, but one has nuts so I went for 13) for 150 quid. So far they're a mixture of "pretty alright" and "banging", and they're calorie controlled, healthy and all microwave from frozen.

If the deal is on next month I'll have to do it again, thats every lunch and tea for a month! If it goes up to full price I'll have to have a think...

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan

And in terms of food, this isn's a plug but I've started using Gold Star Nutrition because they had a deal on. They sent me 60 prepped meals (14 flavours, but one has nuts so I went for 13) for 150 quid. So far they're a mixture of "pretty alright" and "banging", and they're calorie controlled, healthy and all microwave from frozen.

If the deal is on next month I'll have to do it again, thats every lunch and tea for a month! If it goes up to full price I'll have to have a think...

Nice, I'm still on the fence about going back to the gym, last time they reopened I tried to give it a couple of weeks to settle down but even after that it was always busy. I might start going but just hit the stretching area so I can do a full stretch/core workout, instead of half-arsing it like I always do at home.

My attempts at shedding weight in lockdown have been pretty abysmal to be honest. I think with lockdown lasting so long my body isn't at all used to exercise any more, soit takes me ages to recover from exercise and there's a ton of tightness from sitting all day. Because of that, trying to get back into it while cutting calories is maybe too much and I end up injured or just fatigued all the time. Possible my metabolism is fucked too but not sure how badly that can drop.

I think skipping the weight loss for now and just focusing on exercise and physio work is hopefully the way forward, once I've adjusted to it then maybe I can lower the calories again for a few weeks and see how it goes. It sounds like a lot of people have been needing to see physios too for similar reasons so I imagine a lot of people are going through the same stuff.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
I paid to continue my gym a few weeks before first lockdown in march 2020. I have been twice as its next to my work which is a 130 mile round trip. its been closed most of the time and they will extend it the amount of time its been closed but as i am working from home for forseeable its 180 quid down tubes, mind you i would have had to renew it twice since then

i think im used to outdoors now

trying to cut bread out this week and not snacking

was quite hungry going to bed last night, had my dinner quite early but need to try harder
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Started CICO around 3 weeks ago. And been doing bodyweight exercises for around half an hour 4-5 days a week and taking brisk walks when I don't feel like exercising. Have lost around 6 KGS in around 2 and a half weeks. Haven't checked my weight for a few days, but I expect it must have dropped further. Really support the calorie deficit shouts. Is working wonders.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:55:24 pm by Lallanaisgonenow. Bobby next. »
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
Started CICO around 3 weeks ago. And been doing bodyweight exercises for around half an hour 4-5 days a week and taking brisk walks when I don't feel like exercising. Have lost around 6 KGS in around 2 and a half weeks. Haven't checked my weight for a few days, but I expect it must have dropped further. Really support the calorie deficit shouts. Is working wonders.
It's really the only weigh  :D

Sorry

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's really the only weigh  :D

Sorry

;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I've never been a fan of microwaveable food to the point of not buying one for my home.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan

You must have great freezer space!

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
You must have great freezer space!

I had to get a chest freezer off facebook marketplace :D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I had to get a chest freezer off facebook marketplace :D

When’s Barney delivering it?

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
In terms of keeping the weight down, which is worse: bread or rice?
(I don't eat white sliced bread. I usually go for  the crusty breads, and sometimes the appalling store bought sourdough, which are not proper sourdough bread...)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
(I don't eat white sliced bread. I usually go for  the crusty breads, and sometimes the appalling store bought sourdough, which are not proper sourdough bread...)

Whichever is the highest in calories, which depends on portion sizes. Weight is fundamentally all down to calories, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with including rice and/or bread within your diet.

As a guide, your average slice of bread is around 90-100 calories (although I'm guessing crusty is more), whereas a packet of that microwaveable rice is about 400 (recommended portion size is half).
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
Checking in for a bit of accountability. 96.5kg today and aiming for 86kg by June 1st  :wave

Diet is the hardest thing for me, I enjoy exercise and have stopped drinking but I am useless at sticking to strict diets. I love sweets, crisps and biscuits too much.
89.8kg  8)

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
89.8kg  8)

Mate, this is fucking great work, you know?

I'm not just saying it, either.

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader

I really don't want to sound pedantic, but do more and eat less. Its all about being in a calorie deficit.

There's a lot more to the below, but in simple terms:

Calories in 2000/calories out 2000 = stay the same weight
Calories in 1900/calories out 2100 = lose weight
Calories in 2100/calories out 1900 = gain weight

Track your calories on MyFitnessPal. Once you understand the importance of calories in and out you can win. I now look at the calories on foods in the supermarket before I look at the price

EDIT: and i'm still a fat bastard

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
I. NEED. TO. STOP. EATING. SHIT.

But it is fucking hard. Especially when Liverpool are shite.

I feel like the last 2 months I have just stopped caring a bit and so my eating habits have gotten worse.

Need to find some motivation quickly!

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
As of today I’m starting a two week diet with the wife as she’s doing one of those crap ones where you eat some shite they give you for two meal substitutes and then you have a small meal in the evening.

But then I forgot my father in law booked a table at the local pub this evening so I may have to start day one with a couple of pints. :D

Is that the official blurb, Nick?  ;D

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
Mate, this is fucking great work, you know?

I'm not just saying it, either.

Thanks mate! Takeaway for tea  :-X

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Is that the official blurb, Nick?  ;D

:D

My wife barred me from eating the products behind I got a better offer on the first day and went to the pub for a couple of pints. :lmao

I had still tried to calorie count and be good but fell off the wagon badly yesterday. Working from home is just such a bore now I’m back in my own again so like Ciara said I can’t stop eating shit! Sweet, savoury, doesn’t matter, if I can find it, I’ll eat it. And if I can’t find it, I’ll nip out and buy it.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Back on the health/fitness kick train now as I'm getting married next year so aiming to lose a stone and a half/2 stone by then.

So far I'm cutting out sugar during the week (black coffees only, no chocolate Mon-Fri)

And I'm doing 2-3 home workouts (Team Body Project on YouTube is perfect for me - manageable but challenging at times)

I do around 7-8000 steps a day at work and and try and get past 10-000 at least once at a weekend as well.

One thing I probably need to improve on is bread consumption. Weekends I'm still having bread for breakfast.

It's going OK so far. In the past I've gone too extreme and it never works - my body cries out for something shite or I burn my body out and them can't be assed to do the fitness videos.

I'm seeing Saturday as my day where I can eat a bit of chocolate or have a few drinks etc.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If you're going to drink beer or wine, watch out for the calories, there's quite a lot more than you would think.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
I had still tried to calorie count and be good but fell off the wagon badly yesterday.

When you fall off the wagon do you still count calories? I'd recommend it if not, because then you will realise how little damage you actually do. For instance, to put on one pound in one day, you would need to eat around 6,000 calories (depending on your stats). Certainly doable but hard work, and even if you did you're only setting yourself back a week or so. Most people who think they've had a bad day will only over eat their maintenance by around 1,000 calories, which equates to weight gain of like 0.3 lbs and can be offset in a day.

Another thing... You might weigh yourself after a bad day and find that you're 4 or 5 pounds heavier on the scales. Ignore it if so. The large majority of that is water weight and will come back off after a couple days of good eating.

Back on the health/fitness kick train now as I'm getting married next year so aiming to lose a stone and a half/2 stone by then.

So far I'm cutting out sugar during the week (black coffees only, no chocolate Mon-Fri)

And I'm doing 2-3 home workouts (Team Body Project on YouTube is perfect for me - manageable but challenging at times)

I do around 7-8000 steps a day at work and and try and get past 10-000 at least once at a weekend as well.

One thing I probably need to improve on is bread consumption. Weekends I'm still having bread for breakfast.

It's going OK so far. In the past I've gone too extreme and it never works - my body cries out for something shite or I burn my body out and them can't be assed to do the fitness videos.

I'm seeing Saturday as my day where I can eat a bit of chocolate or have a few drinks etc.

Bread. Really irritates me this does! There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating bread. Two slices for breakfast is less than 200 calories and generally less than most breakfast bars or a bowl of cereal yet is more filling and better in terms of nutrition. I've never dieted without bread remaining as a staple food.

Don't cut out sugar completely. You need it to function and to avoid cravings. Just try and get it from some fruits or a protein bar or something.

When it comes to your drinking day, ask yourself whether you really need to have the drinks. You can undo a week's worth of dieting in one drinking binge!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 07:54:14 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Losing weight is piss easy, keeping it off though, that's the hard part.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
I asked this question here before but cant find it. Anyone had any experience of using matcha tea for weight loss? I used to have it but it tasted like shit so had to put honey in there but someone told me it would cancel out the benefits of the matcha leaves