Author Topic: Putting on weight/muscle  (Read 214697 times)

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Putting on weight/muscle
« Reply #40 on: June 7, 2010, 10:33:24 pm »
If I put on a stone, I would still be very skinny.

its because your an ectomorph, you will find it almost impossible to put muscle or weight on because of your genetics and wil probably be skinny for your whole life. you need to be fucking motivated to get bigger,and put in more time, effort, and calories than most people. but dont feel too bad, am sure most endmorphs (naturally fat people) would much rather have your body type than theirs.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #41 on: June 7, 2010, 10:47:57 pm »
the most important foods for muscle gain are:chicken, tuna, eggs

and remember to eat every 3 hours!!
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #42 on: June 7, 2010, 11:37:38 pm »
I've restarted my get healthy/bigger routine again (prob for the tenth year..never lasts more than a couple weeks. But I’m determined this time)

Also invested in 90% pure whey powder. The 100% stuff was kinda harsh on the pockets

Was just thinking I could eat chicken/tuna...etc instead of forking out. But the foods come with fat (I also want to lose my gut), and doesn't food take longer for your body to harness the protein from. So by the time it's get to it, it has missed the 20-30 min window for the protein

Oh. I'm also just training at home with weights.

PS: Do I have to eat more calories then I’m burning...I was eating protein. But cutting back in carbs/fats because my gut is quite bit, where as the rest of me is skinny
« Last Edit: June 7, 2010, 11:42:49 pm by buzzing »
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 8, 2010, 12:28:05 am »
I've restarted my get healthy/bigger routine again (prob for the tenth year..never lasts more than a couple weeks. But I’m determined this time)

Also invested in 90% pure whey powder. The 100% stuff was kinda harsh on the pockets

Was just thinking I could eat chicken/tuna...etc instead of forking out. But the foods come with fat (I also want to lose my gut), and doesn't food take longer for your body to harness the protein from. So by the time it's get to it, it has missed the 20-30 min window for the protein

Oh. I'm also just training at home with weights.

PS: Do I have to eat more calories then I’m burning...I was eating protein. But cutting back in carbs/fats because my gut is quite bit, where as the rest of me is skinny

yeh food does take longer to be broken down for all its lovely stuff, i use the shakes myself but theres really no need to unless you dont have time to prepare proper meals, although its recomended to eat protein within 30 mins of a workout you should be eating it throught the next week not just after the workout as it takes your muscles weeks to properly grow and recover, where the calories is concerned its not advisable to eat just protein, carbs and fats too but you really have to have more claories coming in than your burning, and if your working pretty hard in the gym am guessing your burning loads. with the belly men tend to store almost all their fat around their gut which is why its not easy to get a 6 pac, only way to get rid of it is cardio, though not on weight lifting days as that can have a negative effect.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #44 on: June 8, 2010, 12:41:39 am »
www.myprotein.co.uk

There's forums on there for finding out the best regime for yourself and turning it into muscle. If you really want to lash the weight on, mix the protein with full fat milk. apparently loads of pro body-builders swear by that site and their products.

Personally, i knocked the protein shakes almost totally on the head. Want to ditch the belly moreso than put on muscle. if you have lots of muscle (especially core muscle), you'll burn off calories quicker even at rest. Personally, I couldn't give a fuck about looking like Jeff capes. Just don't want to look like Dom de Louise.

Tuna and Turkey is the mutts nuts though.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #45 on: June 8, 2010, 01:58:02 am »
I've got the weight and muscle gainer from holland and barret, I drink 1 big glass a day (mixed with full fat milk) and I've seen no improvement, this is with occassional use of my gym (4/5 times a week for 20 minutes, I know it's not a lot)

I'm 18 and weigh 8 1/2 stone, which is depressing, any tips?

I was exactly this in September, 18, 8 1/2 stone and looking very skinny. I started eating a lot more Chicken and more food in general, also taking protein shakes even though i'd never visit the gym. Play football occasionally but i've only just started using the gym (In the last month). By doing this i've put on 2 stone and been told i look a lot healthier. The bad side is i've got a slight belly but i can get rid of that over the next month. Although saying that it could have been all the alcohol as i was at university. Every little thing plays a factor i guess.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 8, 2010, 07:23:45 am »
There's a whole thread on this in the Sports forum.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline The not so lazy.boy

• Suspected Naturist Shoplifter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make Us Dream
« Reply #47 on: June 8, 2010, 02:24:32 pm »
6 scoops with 750-900ml of full cream milk every day should sort the job out...

Same shit, Different day!

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #48 on: June 8, 2010, 02:42:50 pm »
Haha! ;D

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 8, 2010, 03:10:13 pm »
There's a whole thread on this in the Sports forum.

i looked for one but couldnt find it?  ???
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 8, 2010, 11:50:12 pm »
Started the DW fitness gym nearby today, Just bought some Instant Oats, Creapure and Whey Protein from myprotein.co.uk after some advice and i'm going to mix my own protein shake. Tried doing the bench today, fucking killed me could only do 5kg on either side HAHA.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: June 8, 2010, 11:53:54 pm »
Started the DW fitness gym nearby today, Just bought some Instant Oats, Creapure and Whey Protein from myprotein.co.uk after some advice and i'm going to mix my own protein shake. Tried doing the bench today, fucking killed me could only do 5kg on either side HAHA.

:lmao Sorry but that's fucking pathetic.

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #52 on: June 8, 2010, 11:56:10 pm »

Makes me feel better about my 25kg (in tot)...but we all gotta start somewhere
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: June 8, 2010, 11:56:47 pm »
Tried doing the bench today, fucking killed me could only do 5kg on either side HAHA.

:lmao

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 8, 2010, 11:57:17 pm »
:lmao Sorry but that's fucking pathetic.

Mate, i know. I had no spotters so i didn't want to put much more weight on just incase i dropped it and i couldn't balance the thing.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 8, 2010, 11:57:48 pm »
Makes me feel better about my 25kg (in tot)...but we all gotta start somewhere

The bar's 20kg so you benched 45kg, it's not too bad.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: June 8, 2010, 11:58:09 pm »
Fuck it, i'll laugh at myself :lmao

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 9, 2010, 12:04:06 am »
i bench 62.5/65kg, i am beast!

only joking, was on chest today though, here are the links to what i have!

GASPARI MYOFUSION: http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/gaspari-myofusion-2.2kg/18583
NUTRISPORT PROTEIN AND COMPLEX CARBS: http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=6664#hidden_review

Pre work out supplement: Gaspari Super Pump 250: http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/gaspari-superpump-250-800g/4983

I swear if you buy all three of these, eat chicken breast, eggs, eat regularly and hit the gym

it would be impossible to not gain weight/ muscle

MUSCLE GAIN IS 70% DIET, 30% WORK OUT
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 9, 2010, 12:05:39 am »
Is there a Smith Machine or resistive weights machines at your gym? These are grand when you have no spotter, though you'll not exercise any stabilising muscles

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: June 9, 2010, 12:09:07 am »
just ask a stranger to spot you, everyone started somewhere and if your on your bill its the only option

smith benches are really insignificant in comparison to a proper flat bench mate

i found myself being 'scared' of the weights and all the machinery, you just get into the swing of things and before you know it, when you notice improved strength/physique  - you'll get the gym bug.

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #60 on: June 9, 2010, 12:14:33 am »
The bar's 20kg so you benched 45kg, it's not too bad.

So by the same logic you did 30kg, right. Not as bad as it sounds

PS: Speaking of starting out. First time i benched i thought i was going to tip over ;D...my mate has a bench at home. Years ago he brought one and he was showing off while we were having a few drinks before heading out. He put a decent amout of weight on. Pushed the bar a couple times and then just tipped over...fucking hilarious at the time watching him try to keep straight arms to prevent the bar falling on him :lmao
« Last Edit: June 9, 2010, 12:18:36 am by buzzing »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 9, 2010, 12:20:09 am »
Is there a Smith Machine or resistive weights machines at your gym? These are grand when you have no spotter, though you'll not exercise any stabilising muscles

Yeah there is that. But my friend has sent me a routine and it had bench press on it. So i just did it, i couldn't balance it and thought if i put 10-15kg on either side, and dropped it, i'd be fucked. Are the stabilising muscles needing to be worked? Or, is the smith ok to use instead of BP?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 9, 2010, 12:21:14 am »
So by the same logic you did 30kg, right. Not as bad as it sounds

PS: Speaking of starting out. First time i benched i thought i was going to tip over ;D...my mate has a bench at home. Years ago he brought one and he was showing off while we were having a few drinks before heading out. He put a decent amout of weight on. Pushed the bar a couple times and then just tipped over...fucking hilarious at the time watching him try to keep straight arms to prevent the bar falling on him :lmao

Yeah, i did 30kg. But it's not good, i know that. But the thing is i had troubles balancing it. On a smith machine i can do about 15 either side.

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 9, 2010, 12:22:28 am »
lad you have to use the proper bench, the smith machine works very few muscles in comparison - the hard work is making it is entirely level, you are keeping the bar straight, parallel, not shaking etc - all of this is taken care of by the smith machine

smithys should be used for shoulder and leg exercises only really, in my opinion

PM me if you have any questions, i know a fair bit  about the gym - really look at those links i posted too

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 9, 2010, 12:29:56 am »
lad you have to use the proper bench, the smith machine works very few muscles in comparison - the hard work is making it is entirely level, you are keeping the bar straight, parallel, not shaking etc - all of this is taken care of by the smith machine

smithys should be used for shoulder and leg exercises only really, in my opinion

PM me if you have any questions, i know a fair bit  about the gym - really look at those links i posted too

Agree with all of this, but was merely saying if he has no other option and for safety alone he shouldn't BP on his tod.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 9, 2010, 12:32:52 am »
Stay away from the machines and just stick to dumbells, you can work every muscle in your body with them and everytime you use them, you use your core and abs to stabilise the whole thing, machines are unnatural and wont develop your muscles properly. Also stops one side of your chest over developing when you bench and stops you looking like a person that I find irritating.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: June 9, 2010, 12:35:28 am »
machines maybe 'unnatural movements' but they are also designed specifically to work muscles, so of course they work.

i agree dead lifts, squats, olympics, etc are the best - but i would never say leave machines alone, in our Dave Lloyd gym anyway, some absolutely fantastic machines.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 9, 2010, 12:42:54 am »
machines are fine for people who havent lifted a weight before, but your body grows accustomed to them and after say 2 months will just stop developing.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 9, 2010, 12:48:16 am »
i once benched like 200kg 12 reps, so dont test me mate.

and my pre workout supplement was like 5 jaffa cakes

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 9, 2010, 12:49:30 am »

What a douche.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 9, 2010, 12:52:34 am »

bet it was on a smith machine, not with free weights  ;)
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 9, 2010, 12:53:57 am »
It's not how much you can lift, its how much you look like you can lift.

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #72 on: June 9, 2010, 12:54:17 am »
i once benched like 200kg 12 reps, so dont test me mate because i'm very stupid and am poor at tests, I use my physique to try and intimidate people because I'm very self conscience and have an incredibly small wang

These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 9, 2010, 12:54:33 am »
boys... 12 reps 200kg is worlds strongest man stuff, was a joke

nothing wrong with being self concious though, why the majority of people go the gym to begin with!

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: June 9, 2010, 12:55:19 am »

What a fucking douche.

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 9, 2010, 12:56:18 am »
What a fucking douche.
in american mode for team landon or do you just use americaniZed terms in every day speech?

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 9, 2010, 12:56:52 am »

nothing wrong with being self concious though, why the majority of people go the gym to begin with!

yar was kinda onto that my brother  ;D
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #77 on: June 9, 2010, 12:59:03 am »
I was pulling your dick, I need to get down the gym though, I'm a right skinny fucker.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline C

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 9, 2010, 01:00:03 am »

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 9, 2010, 01:00:19 am »
in american mode for team landon or do you just use americaniZed terms in every day speech?
;D
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed